I’ve been standing in front of the mirror fixing my hair for the last ten minutes. Not even fixing, just touching my hair. It’s fine. It’s obviously fine. I can’t do anything else to it. I moved my hand away from my head and noticed I was shaking, I hate that I get so nervous over such stupid things.

“You all set Gi?”

I looked over and saw Justin in the doorway, “yeah, I can’t get my hair to do the right thing.”

“Your hair is definitely doing the right thing,” he smiled before grabbing onto my hand and kissing it, “don’t be so nervous.”

I nodded my head but it’s a lot easier to say I won’t be nervous than to actually not be nervous.

“They’re really low key and laid back, they’re not going to be grilling you or anything.”

“How many are going?”

“50,” my mouth dropped. 50 of his friends? I don’t even have 50 friends. I know he does though because the first dress rehearsal of the tour back in Memphis was supposed to be just some friends and half the venue was full. Justin laughed and rested his hand on my leg, “5 maybe, and their girlfriends.”

“That’s better than 50.”

“Much better,” he smiled, “You’re ready to go back on the road huh?”

I nodded my head; I never thought I would be so obsessed with touring. To be honest, I was nervous about it at the beginning, I thought I’d be homesick and want to sleep in my own bed. But the beds that I’m sleeping in at these five star hotels are like 100 times more comfortable than my bed at home.

“You don’t know how good it feels to finally find someone that likes touring just as much as I do. I absolutely love going on stage every night in front of a different group of kids in a different city.”

“It’s just amazing that I get paid to go out on stage and sing for 40 minutes every night. I mean, how many people get to do what they love to do like that? I’m in heaven when I’m up there.”

“Yeah me too,” he laughed, “The only bad thing is being away from the people you love. It’s works with you. We’ll just have to tour together forever.” Did he just say he loves me? I’m sure I’m reading too much into it. He says he hates being away from people he loves but then he said at least he has me. He probably means that he has me that he kind of likes so at least I can take the attention away from the people he really loves. Hell, I know I keep him busy with all my issues.

Justin laughed and held onto my hand that I only then noticed I was tapping uncontrollably. “Calm down, sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”

Well why shouldn’t he have said that? Because he knows that I’m taking it the wrong way and now I’m going to think he loves me when he obviously doesn’t. Gosh, I hate that every single thing out of his mouth makes me go crazy.

We got to the Staples Center and went in a special entrance. It was kind of weird to go past all the people parking miles away and walking and then we just drive in this blocked off parking lot like it’s nothing. I guess by now I should know that Justin gets the VIP treatment whenever he goes.

“Why do we get to park here?”

“One of the perks of having a box,” he smiled and grabbed onto my hand as we walked past all the expensive cars, “It’s the players parking,” he explained.

I nodded my head, I’m sure that’s pretty impressive for someone that is into basketball. “My stomach is growling.”

“Yeah, I’m starving too.”

An usher met us at the door and led us down all these hallways until we got to a door that he opened for us. I guess this is the box, it’s not really a box, it’s more like a rectangle. Whatever it is, it’s huge. There’s a bar and a huge buffet and the seats go right out so you can see the game. And then there are all of Justin’s friends. I took a deep breath to prepare myself and Justin squeezed my hand to calm me down a little.

“What’s up?” Justin just about shouted and they all looked over and came over to us. He let go of my hand to hug everyone and I just kind of stood back and watched. “Where is she? Gianna, come here,” he said and I walked over, “This is Gianna,” he grabbed my hand, “Gi this is Matt, his girlfriend Zoe, Frankie, his girl Melanie, Danny, his girl Aubrie, Tim, his girl Kelly and Trace and his girl Alicia.”

Ugh, I hate that he never goes in order when he’s introducing me to people. He always pops around to tell me who is dating whom or what they do. I don’t know why he thinks I care about that, I’m more interested in getting their names down. “Matt, Frankie, Melanie, Aubrie, Danny, Tim, Kelly, Alicia, Trace and Zoe. Hi”

“She’s good,” Trace said with a smile before taking a sip from his beer.

“She’s amazing,” Justin nodded his head and smiled, “Let’s get some food.”

He led me to the buffet and handed me a plate, “It looks really good.”

“Yeah, you doing alright?” I nodded my head, “Not that bad right?”

“No, they seem nice.”

“Yeah, they’re real nice,” he laughed before stopping at the bar and finding a seat. We sat down at a little table with Trace and his girlfriend. At least I think it’s his girlfriend, I forget. But why would Trace be sitting at a table with one of his friend’s girlfriends? “Trace and I grew up together. We’ve known each other since we were in diapers.”

“That’s cute.”

“They’re attached at the hip,” the girlfriend said with a smile.

I don’t know how they’re attached at the hip when I never even knew he existed. I guess it’s possible that Justin did mention his best friend Trace but I’m just too focused on my own strange ways I didn’t even notice.

“We met back at the first show in Memphis.”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I was so nervous I don’t remember anything about it.”

“Nah, it’s cool. That was back when you were just the girl with all the talent. Back before all those calls I got telling me about this girl that he just had to get to know.”

I looked over at Justin and he was turning a little red. He took a sip of his beer to hide it but it was too late. I’ve never seen him like that before. He’s usually so confident and strong. It actually feels good to think that maybe I make him a little nervous especially since I know how he makes me feel.

“Don’t embarrass him,” Alicia slapped Trace on the arm, “Are you a big basketball fan Gianna?”

“No,” I answered quickly and they laughed, “I’m here to learn.”

“I didn’t know anything about basketball until I met Trace. And now after dating him for a year there’s no possible way I couldn’t know everything about the sport.”

I like her. She’s nice and she’s trying to make me feel comfortable. I must say it’s actually working. I’m not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be.

After we ate, the game was just about to start so we sat down on the little balcony thing so we could see. I must say that basketball is very confusing. They’re just running back and forth and it’s hard to tell who has the ball and who is trying to get it up in the net thing on the right side.

“Which one is Derek Jeter?” I asked Justin.

“Number 2,” he answered

Number 2, number 2, I don’t see a number two. “Isn’t he playing?”

“No,” he said putting his arm around me,

“Why not? I thought he was like the best.”

“He plays for the Yankees.”

“Oh. They’re not playing?”

I looked up at him for the first time to see his smiling face shake his head, “Nah, they play baseball.”

My mouth dropped open, “Derek Jeter doesn’t play basketball?”

I heard someone laughing behind me and turned to see Frankie, “Is she serious?”

Justin laughed, “She’s serious. Baby, that’s baseball. He plays baseball.”

“Oh. He’s like the best at baseball though?”

“That’s debatable. Don’t say that too loud Tim over there is a huge Red Sox fan.”

I don’t know what that means. But I’m just going to stop talking now for fear of looking like even more of an idiot.

“How many runs do they have?”

“Baseball again. When it’s baseball season we’ll go to a game and you’ll be on point.”

“But they’re running like the whole time. Isn’t that called a run?”

“It’s not tag Gi,” he laughed again.

“I’m such a dummy with sports.”

“Not all sports, you’re a professional yogaist.”

“They’re called a yogi.”

“See, you know more than I do,” he laughed and kissed me gently.



After the game was over everyone decided they wanted to go get some drinks. “It wasn’t that bad was it?” Justin asked as we drove to Hollywood.

“No, I had fun. Your friends are cool.”

“Yeah,” he laughed, “I told you.”

“I know, but I like them.”

“They like you too. Whoa, whoa, hold up.” I gave him a look like he’s crazy. Sometimes he randomly stops in the middle of a sentence and changes what he’s talking about. But this time it was ok. He turned up the radio and it was my song. My song was on the radio. My song. I’ve never heard my song on the radio and it’s on a Los Angeles radio station.

My mouth dropped open and Justin laughed, “Have you heard it on the radio before?”

I couldn’t form words so I shook my head. Oh my gosh, my song is on the radio. My song with my words and my voice and my piano is on the radio.

“Yeah! Alright, sing it Gi,” he sang along with the song and really this is the happiest I’ve ever seen him. He’s more excited about it than I am. Don’t get me wrong, I’m having a heart attack, but I can’t even pay attention to the fact that I’m on the radio. I just can’t keep my eyes off Justin and how happy he is for me.

My life is amazing.

“I love that song,” Justin said with a smile as it ended and he turned the radio down, “That’s my girl, on the radio.”

“I can’t believe I’m on the radio.”

“You made it now Pooky.”

“I can’t believe I’m on the radio,” I repeated. I’m a bit in shock.

“Well believe it, you’ve made it,” he kissed my hand.

“This is like a big deal huh?”

“Yeah, it’s a pretty big deal,” he laughed, “take it all in.”

“I know, I’m just like… I can’t believe it. I didn’t think it would ever be on the radio.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know, I just never thought about it.”

“I knew it would be on the radio,” he smiled.

“You always knew.”

He nodded his head, “Of course.” He stopped at a red light and kissed me, it still feels magical. I know that’s so corny but honestly every kiss from him make my heart patter. “We won’t stay long.”

“That’s ok, I like your friends.”

“Yeah me too, but we don’t have to stay long.”

“I don’t mind.”

“I know you don’t. We told them we’d go so we have to go for at least a little while. If we didn’t tell them I’d rather go home and celebrate your song on the radio. But we’ll have a couple drinks to celebrate here and then we’ll go back home and… you know… celebrate.”

I giggled like a thirteen year old and Justin laughed as we pulled up to the valet at the club. “It’s going to be rough, you ready?”

I nodded my head and he walked around to open the door and then led me inside. There were a lot of camera flashes, that’s for sure. This is one reason why I want to go back on tour. They were shouting things but I couldn’t hear them. I’m sure I could if I really tried but I was too busy thinking about the man that was holding onto my hand. I feel like a loser because I’m always thinking about him. And it’s not even like we’re away from each other. I’m always thinking about him and he’s right here with me the whole time. That can’t be normal.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story