Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again for all the feedback :)
Surprisingly enough, I woke up to hear someone banging on my door. At first I ignored it but then I thought there might be a fire or something. That would be horrible if I died in a hotel room because of a fire. Then the fireman would be interviewed on the news and tell everyone that he was knocking on the door but I just wouldn’t answer.

When I got to the door I had mixed feelings. It was Justin. On one hand I was happy to see him, but on the other I was expecting a fire. I looked around and he laughed. He laughs a lot, I still haven’t figured out if he’s laughing with me or at me. I shouldn’t get upset yet. Maybe there is a fire, and Justin is the one wanting trying to save me.

“Is there a fire?” I asked

“What?”

I guess that means no, I should probably change the subject quickly before I look like more of a crazy person. Although, I’m pretty sure it’d be tough to look crazier in front of him. But with me it’s never possible not to look crazy. “What’s up?”

“I thought you were out somewhere” I shook my head, “Want to go swimming?”

I just noticed for the first time that he had a towel around his neck. And that is definitely a bathing suit he’s wearing, not just a very colorful pair of shorts, “I… just woke up”

“I know, sorry. I thought you’d be up. It is one o’clock” he smiled

“I was tired” Although I did sleep for a while on the bus. OK, it’s safe to say I got a lot of sleep, “Alright. Let me get changed”

He nodded his head and followed me inside. I grabbed my suit and quickly got changed in the bathroom. When I came out Justin was sitting on the couch and he stood up when I came out, “Yeah. Let’s go”

“Are there a lot of people in the pool?”

“Nah” he laughed, “It’s a secret pool, just you and me kid,” he whispered

“A secret pool?”

“Yeah Pooky, a private pool” I followed him down the hallway going in and out, turning here and there. Now that I’ve been thinking about that fire, if there is one there is no way we’d be able to find out way out, “Are you alright?” I nodded my head, “You look like you’re really thinking about something”

I shook my head, he already thinks I’m crazy I shouldn’t tell him what I’m thinking, “When you banged on my door I thought there was a fire and you were a fireman trying to get me out” ok… my mind and my mouth really should work together, “So I was thinking if there was a fire there’d be no way we’d make it out because you’re taking me down all these secret passages”

He laughed and… here it comes, his head is going back, “It’s a good thing we’ll be at the pool with water so the fire can’t touch us”

“I guess. But if the fire is around us it will make the whole building collapse”

“But… even if we collapse the water will put the fire out below us. So even though we will crash down twenty stories we will not crash into fire”

“Very true” I laughed. I like the fact that he doesn’t call me crazy and he goes along with it, even if it’s just to humor me.

“Are you a jumper or a feeler?”

“What?”

“Do you jump in or feel it first and take your time?”

“I jump in”

“Good. I can’t deal with that feeling the water first shit,” he said very seriously. He seems like he’s had past problems with people feeling the water before jumping in.

“You are very serious about that”

“I am very serious about that,” he laughed, “So when I throw you in you’re not going to get pissed?”

“You’re not going to throw me in”

“Oh I’m not?”

“No. I’ll push you in first”

“Yeah? Alright Pooky” he said as he picked me up before we even got into the pool area.

“OK, that’s not fair. Let me just take my shirt off first, this is my favorite shirt”

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me for a second, he might be buying it, “That’s your favorite shirt huh?” I nodded my head and looked at my old high school shirt that I was wearing. Yeah, high school, as in a very old shirt, “You wash it with water”

“Yeah, but there’s chlorine in the water here”

“It’s a white shirt, it’ll be fine” and with that Snuckums jumped in with me in his arms

“You cheated because I couldn’t push you in, you carried me into the pool area”

“That is not cheating” Justin laughed as he pulled his towel from under water, rang it out and threw it up on a chair

“Now we don’t have towels smart one,” I said as I tried to ring mine out but he grabbed it from me

“We’ll be alright” he said as he threw it on the chair, “You know what’s fun to do in the water?”

“What?”

“Yoga” he said seriously and started to move his hands like he was doing yoga.

I laughed, “Do you really think I’m obsessed with yoga?”

“Nah” he laughed as he continued, “I’m here to learn. Yoga is good for your mind, body and soul”

“It is,” I laughed as I watched him, he looks like a fool. But he keeps doing it, “OK, stop”

Justin laughed and swam over to me. He just stared at me; I probably have boogers or something. Oh my gosh, I bet I still have crust in my eyes, I didn’t even check them before I left. He’s still just looking at me, “What?”

“Huh?” he asked before going under water quickly, “I have to go to an interview”

“You don’t sound so excited”

“I’m not” he smiled, “I’d rather stay here and work on my yoga with you” I’m not exactly sure if he meant he wants to stay here with me or he just doesn’t want to go to the interview. It could go either way. I was trying to figure it out as he got out of the water, “Ready?” he asked before holding his hands down and pulling me up on the side of the pool.


“Thank you”

“Thank you” he grabbed a towel from the basket but there was only one left, “It’s yours,” he said as he wrapped it around me and rubbed my shoulders, “You’re shaking”

“It’s cold”

“I guess” Justin laughed as he continued rubbing my shoulders as we walked back to my room, “So we’re still on for tonight?”

I nodded my head, “Yeah”

“Alright, I’ll see you later then”

“Have fun at your interview”

“Have fun with your yoga” he smiled as he walked away, “Bye Pooky”




I did do yoga once Justin left. I wasn’t planning on it but since he mentioned it so much it kind of made me feel like doing it again. Whatever. I spent the rest of the day just relaxing and watching television. It wasn’t really that long, since I did wake up at one o’clock.

“The big guy has to come, is that alright?” Justin asked as we made it downstairs.

I nodded my head when I looked back and saw his security guard following us. Who am I to say he can’t come? I would kind of rather him come. It’s good to know if something were to happen to Justin I wouldn’t be expected to be the one to fight off people. I would not be much help, that’s for sure.

We walked through the lobby and people just kind of stopped and stared at him. I looked over at Justin and he smiled and waved. He’s really good with all this attention. I feel like people are looking at me wondering why the hell I’m with him.

“Sorry about all that” Justin said once we got into the car

“It’s ok. You get used to it huh?”

“Yeah” he laughed, “To a certain extent. I mean, it’s still weird that people find out what hotel I’m staying in and hang out in the lobby all day waiting for me to come out. But, you get used to it. You’ll get used to it”

“It’ll never be that bad for me”

He smiled and rested his hand on my leg, “I really think it will be”

“You have this weird faith in me that no one else does”

“You’ve got it Gi”

“And what is it?”

“It’s… it. You either have it or you don’t and you’ve got it. It’s that spark, that fire. The voice, the talent, the looks, the personality,”

“The panic attacks” I added

He laughed, “Forget about the panic attacks. You haven’t had one in awhile” he paused, “You’re the whole package Gi. And it’s just a matter of time before everyone else gets to know you and see it too” That was really sweet. He knows the right thing to say, that’s for sure.

“Thanks Snuckums”

He smiled and grabbed onto my hand, “There will probably be a lot of people outside of my restaurant. We can sneak in the back if you want”

“No, that’s ok” I paused, “Wait, did you just say YOUR restaurant” he nodded his head, “What do you mean YOUR restaurant?”

“Like… I own it”

“You own a restaurant?”

“I do” he laughed, “I told you I’m a Jack of all Trades”

“Is it all your secret recipes?” he laughed and nodded his head, “Is there a bar?”

“Of course”

“Can we put our drink on the menu?”

He threw his head back as he laughed. I’m starting to like it when he does that, it’s kind of cute, “We’ll have to make it up first”

“It would be a good way to make up for the fact that you ruined my other drink”

“You’re never going to get over that huh Pooky?” he asked with a smile and I shook my head, “I’ll see what I can do”

When we got to Justin’s restaurant (I still can’t believe he has a restaurant) there were a lot of people waiting outside. Even when we got inside it seemed like everyone was looking at us to see what he was doing.

“This is a really cool restaurant,” I said as I looked around. It is really cool. It makes me feel like I’m back home it sure is southern enough.

He nodded his head and smiled. I swear I even saw him blush a little. He’s really cute when he gets all embarrassed. I always figured he was so cool and collect and confident but he really is just like a normal person. I like that, “What are you thinking?”

“I don’t know everything looks good. Do you have suggestions?”

“Sure, well everything is good obviously. I’m a rib man myself. Do you like nachos?” I nodded my head, “Alright we have to get the nachos”

Honest to goodness that was the best food I’ve had in a real long time. I’m not just saying it either. I never knew how much I missed the food back home until I ate that food. We even got to go to the back and watch them make it.

“That was amazing. I had so much fun, thank you,” I said as we drove away from the restaurant.

“Yeah, it was good” Justin nodded his head as his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID, “It’s Johnny, sorry”

I started listening to his conversation but all the lights in New York City quickly distracted me. I’ve never been here before and it is really more beautiful than I had ever imagined. I love how there’s so many different kinds of people everywhere and there’s so much going on. I bet if I were to go outside and 4 in the morning I could find somewhere to go.

“He’s been trying to call you” Justin spoke to break me from my daydreaming

“Oh? My phone…” I paused as I looked for it in my purse, “Oh. I must have forgot it at the hotel” It sure wouldn’t be the first time. I tend to always forget my phone. I should be more careful.

“Yeah” Justin laughed, “He got a call from the people at Cosmo magazine and they want to do an article on you for their next big thing issue” I couldn’t help but just stare at him. It didn’t really sink in right away. Cosmopolitan magazine wants ME to be in their next big thing issue? Is this a joke? He smiled like he was saying ‘I told you so’ and I could feel myself hyperventilating as he spoke again, “Don’t freak out, it’s not a big deal” he said as he immediately moved his hand to my leg. I know it’s stupid but just having him there with me makes me feel much better, Of course not good enough that I’m not going to have panic attack number… I don’t even know anymore. I’ve had too many in front of Justin Timberlake to even keep track.

“I can’t do it. Did you tell him no?”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

“When?”

“Tomorrow”

“Tomorrow?” I shouted that gives me absolutely no time to plan. I need time to plan. I need to research questions I will be asked and come up with cute witty answers. “I can’t tomorrow”

“Why not?”

“I can’t tomorrow” I repeated, “We have a show”

“They want to do it at around ten. You’ll be done by noon or one at the latest”

“But I like to be at the stage by eleven” I’m not so much panicking at this time, I’m more making excuses. It’s like I would do with Maggie. She makes me calm enough that I don’t have to have a panic attack in front of her, but I can just make up excuses to get out of it.

Justin smiled and rubbed my leg, “You’ll have plenty of time”

“I have a migraine” I went with the standby excuse

“Right now?” he asked, I nodded my head, “Take some Excedrin and you’ll be fine by tomorrow”

I shook my head, shit. I should have said I didn’t have a migraine but I could tell I would have one tomorrow, “I can’t do it Snuckums”

“Yes you can. Of course you can. You have to. It’s easy. All you have to do is go in and they’re going to ask you a couple questions, literally about five questions. Then they do a shoot for twenty minutes and you leave” A shoot? They’re going to photograph me? Oh no, definitely not. I have a huge crater under my nose.

“No”

“Gianna” he’s giving me the look like Maggie does when she thinks I’m being crazy. I know I’m being crazy but the fact remains that I have a crater under my nose.

“I have a crater”

He laughed, throwing his head back. I changed my mind about that laugh once again; I don’t like it when he does it, “You do not have a crater”

He laughed again at the look I gave him. “Don’t try and make me feel better Justin Timberlake, I have a crater” I pointed it out

“You’re calling me by my full name again. This could be trouble” the smile faded off his face, “You don’t need to be nervous about it. I’m telling you it’s the easiest thing in the world. They’ll Photoshop your crater” so he’s admitting that I do have a crater. I knew it. I knew it was taking over my face and I bet they’ll even be able to see it when I’m on stage tomorrow. I bet the photography guy is going to tell me that they can’t get rid of my zit because it’s taking over my whole face and there’s not enough makeup and cover-up magic in the world, “It helps to go over questions. I’ll help you later”

“I can’t do it. Tell him I can’t”

“I’m not telling him shit,” he said as the car stopped in front of the bar. I don’t like him anymore. I changed my mind. “Just calm down you have to do it. If you want to ruin your career then go for it but I’m not going to call and make excuses for you”

Now he’s mad at me. Great. He opened the door and walked into the bar leaving me all alone in the car.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story