Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the end. I hope you liked it!
The sunlight crept through the curtains that covered the sliding glass door in the bedroom. A slight breeze blew through the cottage bringing the smell of coffee into the room. The figure curled up on the bed slowly awoke to the aroma and turned over but was unsatisfied when her arm hit the sheets. She slowly sat up and noticed he wasn’t next to her and she was not pleased.

“You weren’t supposed to be awake. You’re still supposed to be sleeping.”

She smiled and her face lit up at the tray he was carrying. “You cooked me breakfast?”

He grinned as he set the tray in the middle of the bed. “I cooked you breakfast. I also made coffee.”

She grabbed the maple syrup and immediately poured it over the bread. “Mmm, French toast, my favorite.” She cut a piece and ate it, savoring the taste, then held a bite up to him as he gently took it from the fork.

“Wow, I didn’t mess it up.”

She jokingly slapped his arm and laughed. “You never mess anything up, you’re a pretty good cook.”

“Well I wouldn’t go that far.” He grinned as he stole a piece of her toast and took a bit before she could protest. As she finished eating they talked about what they wanted to do on their last day. He picked up the tray and placed it on the floor and as he walked back he went tumbling on the bed when she pulled him towards her. They snuggled back under the covers as she curled up next to him with her head on his chest.

“It’s too bad we have to go back tomorrow.”

Justin snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at her. “Yeah it is. I want to stay here longer with you.”

“Me too. However, you have to go back to being Mr. SexyBack and I have to go back to a struggling designer, even if it is for your company.”

He narrowed his eyes and grinned at her and before she knew it he was tickling her mercilessly. “You take that back Alex. You take that Mr. SexyBack comment back right now!”

“Never,” she could barely get in she was laughing too hard. She finally got out of his grasp and slapped his arm before she crawled back over, snuggling up next to him, the two of them still laughing.

“Marry me.”

Her eyes got wide and she lifted her head from his chest to look him in his eyes. “What?”

He couldn’t believe he had blurted those words out so soon. “Marry me”, he repeated, sitting up to grab her hands. “I was going to wait until dinner tonight to ask you but I couldn’t help it.” He reached behind him toward the floor and grabbed the velvet box that was sitting in the bag next to the bed. He turned back toward her and lifted the lid to reveal a princess cut stone with two triangles on either side with a platinum band. “I love you so much, Alex. I didn’t know I could ever feel this way until I met you, like I was completely whole. I never even knew a piece of me was missing; not until you came along. You’ve made me into a man that I’m proud of, I wasn’t before you came along, but I am now. I want to be with you for the rest of our lives.” He took the ring out of the box and held it up between them. “Alex will you marry me?”

She wiped a tear away from her eye and smiled but then realized she had yet to answer him. “Yes! Yes, sorry, I will.”

He let out a sigh of relief not realizing how long he had been holding his breath. He wasn’t sure that she would say yes so he was very nervous. He pulled her into his embrace and kissed her gently. “Oh the ring!” He pulled away and carefully lifted her hand and slid the ring onto her left hand. “Much better.”

She grinned admiring the ring for a minute then leaped into his arms knocking both of them backwards on the bed. Laughing she kissed him and he flipped them over. He brushed a stray hair away from her face and leaned down to brush his lips against hers. “Are you happy?”

She reached up and pulled his head back down to hers. “With you? Always.”

Completed
Mandy is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Away From Here also liked 182 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story