He didn’t know how it happened one moment he was happy with his girlfriend and his soon to be fiancé and she had just had their twins, one boy Jacob, and one girl Chloe, and now six months to the day after they came home from the hospital she was gone, no word, no reason; she had vanished.

Justin opened his eyes as he looked up at the ceiling, remembering the day almost three weeks ago, when he woke up to an empty bed, her stuff was gone but the kids were crying like no tomorrow.

The only thing he found when he had managed to get up out of bed that day to get to his children was her engagement ring on the dresser in the nursery.

“Fuck you, Andrea,” Justin said listening to his mom on the baby monitor in the nursery talk to his little girl.

Lynn had come the moment he had called well about 3 hours and a flight from Tennessee over to LA but who was counting. Thing was she had told him something he wasn’t sure if he could handle.

“Justin you need to get a nanny, I love you and I love my grandchildren but you and I both know you can’t handle to little ones on your own,” she had said.

Pulling a hand over his arm he groaned but smile when he heard the laughter of his little boy as his grandmother blew a raspberry on his tummy.

A stranger handle his kids he didn’t know if he could have that happen, but he didn’t know well he knew he couldn’t handle it alone, he was grasping for straws before his mom arrived.

“Honey, you up,” He heard his mom as she knocked lightly on the door.

“Yea,” he said pushing himself up a little laughing when he saw his little girl reaching out from his mom’s grasp to get to him.

“Let her down and crawl over here,” Justin said as he mom made it to the bed.

“I’ll go get Jacob,” She smiled at how Chloe grabbed on to Justin’s wrist and smiled with a garble giggle.

Nodding he pulled his little one up and placed her on his chest.

“Can you say daddy,” he asked with a grin.

“Gadd,” she said making Justin laugh.

“Close enough,” he said and kissed her forehead but pulled back when she grabbed his hair.

“Did Jacob teach you that,” Justin said with a cringe as he untangled his daughter’s fingers from his curls.

“Teach her what,” Lynn asked.

“She got her hands on my hair when I kissed her,” Justin said making Lynn nod in understanding.

“Dada,” Jacob said and Justin eyes shot up in shock as Lynn placed him on the bed with a smile.

“When,” Justin whispered.

“He asked for you this morning, so second time,” Lynn smiled.

“My boy,” Justin smiled proudly, bouncing him before he placed him next to his sister.

“You know I’m gonna start interviewing for the nanny today,” she said handing him the rattlers for each of them.

“I want to be there for it,” He said and Lynn smiled, “I know sweetheart,” she said.

“I have to leave for a radio interview at like three though,” Justin said running his hand over his son’s head as he grabbed for his riddle.

“Well the first applicant will be here in about fifteen minutes so if you get dressed, I’ll get the munchkins ready and will get some food and be all set,” She said.

“Thank you mom,” Justin smiled and let her kiss his forehead as he took her in for a hug.

“Gama,” Chloe, said.

“I see how it is she is closer to your name and not mine,” Justin smiled but laughed when she pushed at him as she picked up Chloe than took Jacob from Justin’s arms as he stood up from the bed.

“See you down stairs,” Lynn told him and he nodded as she headed out.

“I can do this,” Justin breathed as he looked in the mirror of his room before heading to his closet.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj