All the people had been duds a couple of people realized who the father was, before the interview and it was their reasoning beyond it; no matter how the hid it, though they were to sign a confidentiality agreement even before the interview began, that way no words would be leaked out to the press.

Justin had made sure his children where never known, made sure Andrea was never known as his girlfriend, and fiancé, “Maybe that’s part of what drove her away,” Justin said but shook his head, he couldn’t blame himself.

“I can’t stay any longer Ma, I got to get ready and go for the radio thing,” Justin said as he gave Jacob who was holding his bottle and sucking away to Lynn.

“I know baby, I only got like three more to go, if I find anyone, we’ll do a post interview for you ok,” She told him placing a hand on his wrist.

“Thank you,” he smiled and kissed his mom’s temple than the top of his boys head.

“He looks like you when you were this young,” she said.

“I know I’ve compared the pictures, just like Chloe looks like,” Justin stopped mid sentence.

“You know part of getting over it is saying her name,” She said placing Jacob next to his sister in the play pin.

“I don’t think I could, ever,” Justin said looking at his children than said.

“I think I’m gonna have a walk on the beach, clear my head after this, let me know if you get anywhere,” He told his mom with a shake of his head as he shoved his shoes on, grabbed a beanie to cover his curls and picking up his keys he placed his wallet in his pocket with a wave he was out the door.

--

Justin and Andrea had met at this beach; she had actually distracted the paparazzi from shooting him saying Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston where further down cuddling.

“That’s not nice to lie you know,” Justin said to her.“To them, eh they should get use to it, only thing to ever come out of their mouths anyways,” She told him making his smile only get bigger, as he laughed.“Justin,” he put out his hand.“Andrea,” She smiled.

He talked about his decision to take a year off from the business and go to beyond the scenes for his own personal reasons, of course once he labeled them personal; they weren’t touched.

Walking the beach he breathed in as the air as he felt it whip at his shirt, his body guard a few steps behind him carrying his shoes.

Looking down at the sand he ran his toes in the sand, why couldn’t things be as simple as this, a wave some sand a breeze and that was it, no drama no emotions;  “No life,” he said with a wrinkle to his forehead.

“What was that J,” He heard Dre ask.

“Nothing man, just thinking out loud,” Justin smiled back at him.

The chirp of his cell phone brought him out of his silence, reaching down he smiled a little reading the text from his mom.

“Found a good one, if you can make it back we can do the interview tonight and she could start late tomorrow.”

“She,” Justin breathed in, the only women he trusted right now where his relatives and his little girl.

His phone chirped again.

“Trust me, I have a good feeling about her, ran her by Trace and Rachel,” it said with a smiley icon making Justin grin.

“I’ll be home in twenty, can she wait that long,” he pushed the buttons out to type back.

“That’s fine.” His phone chirped a second later.

“Let's blow this popsicle stand,” Justin said placing his phone back his pocket with a wave to Dre.

--

As he waved to Dre’s car at the entrance to his house he pulled up and saw what he would call a shitty ass car, sure it was in good condition and probably ran but it looked like it wouldn’t last.

“Well Shit,” Justin said as he ran his hand over the car he parked next to and smirked seeing it was a stick shift, not knowing why it caused that reaction he frowned as he headed inside surprised at the giggles he heard from his little ones.

His heart stopped when he walked into the living room and watched the site in front of him, a girl who was probably in her early twenty’s with chin length blackish brown hair and the bluest eyes he had ever seen smiled down at Chloe as she looked on in excitement as she had a puppet on her hand and made it come to life. Jacob was sitting in her lap and he let out an occasional giggle but he was fading, his eyes barley opened as he sucked on his pacifier.

His mom happened to see him before he had seen her because she was smiling at him from the couch were she was looking up from a book she had been reading.

“You’re hired,” Justin said.

She jumped and looked up at, “What you don’t even know my name,” She said giving Chloe the puppet who start to whine when it didn’t seem as alive anymore but stopped the moment the girl had put Jacob in his rocker and picked her up and bounced her on her hip.

“What’s your name,” Justin asked coming to her.

“Jordan,” She said and shook his hand as he out stretched his.

“Ok, well Jordan you’re hired,” Justin said making her laugh a little.

“I’m sure my mom went over all the details and that you’d move in here take role of second car giver, besides myself,” Justin explained.

She nodded as she pulled a toy from her back pocket and handed it to Chloe when she got hold of her hair, Chloe automatically released her hair without pulling.

“How’d you do that,” Justin asked.

“I averted her attention, that’s all,” Jordan said as she bounced her on her hip making a giggle come from her.

He wouldn’t tell her but the main reason why he knew the moment he walked in he was gonna hire her, was because she had shown them more love and care than their real mother had ever given.

--

Lynn had left on a flight early that morning after Jordan arrived with her things and Justin had the surprise of a life time for her.

“A car, Justin I can’t,” She said.

“If your gonna be driving my kids around you can,” He said.

“What if I just use one of yours when I’m with the kids, mine,” she started to say till he shook his head.

“Why not,” she asked.

“How old is it,” he asked.

“Well it’s a 95, but the parts are either in good condition or new, a lot of them,” She said and he looked at her with a smirk remembering the conversation they had about it when it had stalled in his driveway on her way home yesterday.

“What happens when you kill it changing gears,” he asked.

She breathed out as she bounced Jacob on her hip, “I have to pump the gas while turning the key to make it start,” She said.

“It's not safe, for you or my kids,” he said taking the key to it off the ring on her keys and placing her key to the new navy blue Four Runner on it. Handing her keys back over to her he smiled and took his son from her.

“Go clean out your car, and put the stuff in the new one,” he said and walked back towards the house.

Jordan shook her head at his stubbornness but squealed a little when she realized she had a new car.

“I heard that,” he laughed.

“Shut up,” she said as saw him stick his head out the door and he just shook his head and went back inside.

After placing her stuff in it she had asked if she could take the kids for a drive and maybe visit a park and Justin nodded but somehow he ended up in the car too along for the ride.

“You didn’t have to come,” She said.

“I know but I hardly know you, I want to get a feel for you,” He said looking at the scenery passing by as she turned a corner to a park about ten minutes away.

“Yet you hired me to watch your own flesh and blood, you got a smart noodle up there,” Jordan told him tapping his forehead.

“Hey no touchy,” he jumped.

Hearing his son laugh he turned around.

“You think its funny your old man’s getting picked on,” he asked and the kid continued to smile, seeing this in her review mirror as she was using it to help her parallel park she laughed.

“No comments, from the peanut gallery,” Justin told her.

“I didn’t,” she started to say till he held a finger up to her and said, “What did I say.”

“Bite Me,” She asked.

“Jordan, sshh I don’t want their first words to be bite me,” he said.

“Oh come on, Jacob already knows how to say dada, and I don’t know think about, “Bite Me,” she said changing her voice into a babies.

“Not funny,” he smirked.

“Lair,” she said as she got out of the vehicle and went to the door behind her and making sure no traffic was coming she opened the door and unstrapped Chloe from the car seat and pulled her up as she grabbed the diaper bag and pulled it over her shoulder as she saw Justin eye her as he picked up Jacob.

“Ok ok, I won’t say it anymore, unless its playschool Disney rated I won’t say it around the munchkins ok,” she asked.

“Fine,” Justin said quick and silently.

“What is up,” she started to say till his head popped up to even dare her to finish that statement.

“Never mine,” she said closing the door on Justin’s questioning face.

He looked at the inside of the door as he saw Jordan move way towards the back to pull out ball they had brought.

He was short with her cause he realized at the moment he was getting a little close a little too damn fast, and he’d have hell before he let himself fucking fall again.

Placing the sunglasses over his face he saw his son start to reach for them but he quickly grabbed the stuff animal from the space between the car seats and handed it to him, and sure enough his attention went to the animal and not to Justin’s glasses.

“Damn her for being right,” Justin said in a mumble.

“What happened to Playschool Disney related language around the little ones,” he heard her voice and looking around as he shut the door he saw her smile at him.

“Oh go..,” he started to say when she gave him the same look she had gotten from him when she was gonna ask him what was up is ass.

Shaking his head he saw her grin with victory as they headed towards the park.

Come hell or high water he wasn’t gonna fall for her, he told himself and it was a vow he’d stick to and remember every time he saw his kids and remembered what the last one had done to him.

“You coming or not,” She laughed as she sat Chloe in the kiddies’ swing and placed the bag with the ball and the diaper bag on the sand next to the swing set structure and started to push her, getting a giggle out of her.

Come hell or high water, he said in his head, as he smiled at her and placed Jacob in his lap as he sat in the regular swing next to them and start to swing with them.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj