Jordan sat in the nursery late one night being woke up to some cries of the little ones.

She placed the little kid radio on to play some Winnie the Pooh songs but the kids weren’t having it they keep making noise.

“Why wouldn’t you guys calm down,” she asked having placed them in their play pen in the middle of nursery as she sat in the rocker.

“They need you to sing with it,” she heard Justin’s voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you,” Jordan said turning down the radio.

“I was already up, but you have to sing to them with it or it doesn’t work,” he said coming in and pulling Jacob into his arms and started to hum the tune to Winnie the Pooh and Jordan saw the boy calm down and fall asleep in his arms.

“Wow,” she whispered.

“I can’t do it that easily on Chloe,” he said placing a sleeping Jacob back in his crib.

“Why,” Jordan whispered and regretted the moment she did when he picked up his daughter and looked at her.

“She liked her mother’s voice better,” he said softly.

“Sorry,” Jordan said but Justin shrugged as he started to hum the tune but this time his daughter didn’t want it instead she started to get fussy and ended up waking Jacob back up.

“Shit,” Justin grumbled.

“Here,” he said after a moment handing Chloe to Jordan and headed towards the door.

“Where you going,” Jordan asked.

“I’m gonna go get them some milk maybe that will help,” he said with a shrug.

Jordan bounced the little girl on her hip and looked at her tear stained cheeks.

“Awe, my sweet baby,” she said and placing her in with her brother she brought the radio closer to it and smiled at them.

“Lets see something,” she whispered.

Clearing her throat she touched each one on the nose as she started the tune.

“Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff.
He's Winnie-the-Pooh. Winnie-the-Pooh. Willy, nilly, silly, old bear,” Jordan sang softly and grinned when Jacob fell back to sleep easily but his sister grabbed on to her finger and pulled.

“Again,” Jordan asked and Chloe gave her gurgled response.

“Ok,” she picked up the girl and bouncing her softly she lead her towards her own crib and sang the song, not once more but twice more as she saw the little girls eyes close and cuddle against Jordan.

Slowly letting her into her crib, Jordan kissed her fingers than laid them on her forehead than went over to Jacob’s crib and did the same.

Turning around she jumped when Justin was just leaning against the door with a smile on his face.

“How long where you here,” Jordan asked.

“Long enough,” he smiled again.

“Well good night,” Jordan smiled after a moment of silence between the two.

“Wait Jordan,” Justin said touching her wrist but not grabbing it.

“Yea,” She asked.

“I just want to say thank you and,” when he couldn’t think of anything else he kissed her cheek and ducked his head after trying to hide his blush.

“Hey its my job,” she said with a smile but a blush to her cheeks as well.

“Night,” he said as he passed him.

--

 

Had it been almost six months already Jordan wondered. Over hearing Justin and Lynn talk about the babies first birthday coming up as she had walked into the kitchen to grab a snack for herself and the little ones.

“What do you think,” She saw Justin’s face look at her.

“Oh, sorry I wasn’t paying attention what,” Jordan blushed and Justin chuckled as Lynn went to explain how the were just gonna have a little friendly get together for the kids some cupcakes and some grilling in the back, nothing to big since they wouldn’t really remember it anyways.

“Sounds nice,” Jordan smiled and nodded but her face went towards her hip when she heard the whines of the kids that she had momentarily forgot about through the baby monitor.

“Right,” she said to herself as she headed towards the living room but stopped when Justin called her back.

“Take a break I got it,” Justin said taking the kids food from her and than the monitor off her hip with a smile at her.

Smiling back she sat down on the island smiled at Lynn when she smiled back.

Lynn started to laugh when Jordan didn’t say anything but kept smiling back at her.

“What,” Jordan asked the smile finally leaving her face.

“What is going on with you two all smiles and blushes,” Lynn asked.

“What do you mean I’m not blushing,” Jordan said placing her hands on her cheeks making Lynn chuckled.

“Honey can give you some advice,” Lynn questioned.

Jordan nodded looking over to her as she took a sip of her own apple juice.

“Don’t fall,” she said making Jordan choke.

“What,” She breathed looking at Lyn like she was crazy.

 

“I’m being honest he tends to make girls feel like there is something else going on when there isn’t,” Lynn started to say till Jordan held up her hand.

“Thank you, I mean for being honest and your concern but honestly, I’m here for Jacob and Chloe nothing more nothing less,” Jordan explained and kissed her cheek.

“But again thank you for the advice,” She said as she left the room.

“You have no idea,” Lynn said with a smirk as she looked at the wall that lead up stairs watching her go up, than looked at the pictures on the wall that had started to include some of her with the little ones.

“No Idea,” Lynn said with a shake of her head as she picked up her dishes and went to the sink.

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj