Story Notes:
This is my very first posted story. I'd love to hear what you guys think about it. :)

Jade

The wind hit the glass windows like a lightening bolt and it startled her as she was taking a short nap. It wasn't normally like this. She closed her eyes and remembered back when she was younger. Time was gentle in her eyes. Life seemed almost undoubting. The autumn atmosphere freezes her heart and she longed for change, something to pull her and never let go. It was possible; at least she believed there was hope.

She remained silent, and had the same sudden urge to pick up and go. She didn’t want to stumble onto just anywhere. Where would she go? Was she running away? In a way, she thought maybe. Where she is wasn’t making much of a difference. Life was cold, chipping away at will like cracked paint in the summer.

Her stomach grumbled that empty noise but she treaded onward just like a wounded solder in the middle of the battleground. Should she try the streets? She knew them well, had every corner mapped out without confusion. The faces of everyone in the outside world revealed themselves in her thoughts. Every time this happened, the headaches came back. The memories of those dark allies were haunting and a new pain surfaced.

But she thanked God. Yes, she was faithful despite the uncongenial situation. She would pray in the quiet, all alone, almost screaming the prayers within her wishes for them to come true.

“Oh God,” she said softly, trembling inside.

Knowing she was going to get caught she made a run for it. It had been exactly 4 days and she had grown desperate. But she didn’t want to cry again but they came too fast this time. She knew she was in trouble when she left her jacket near the restaurant where she was hiding. She had been so good until now. That was when she heard the menacing growl of her name called out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story