Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, thank you so much for all the reviews! Here's the next part.
Nothing... The lights were still on. It made no sense. She sniffed back the hurt, the sour answers of life. Was she? Could she be really homeless?

But there was the money. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the stash from earlier. It was something, but she needed to figure something out quick? Where could she hide? She left the diner and ran around the back of the building trying to form some sort of plan. She had a shot but she knew she had to be careful now. He always found her somehow. It was almost like he knows where she's going to go.

But what if she tried something else? Maybe something that could throw him off. Thank god she had cash. Credit would be tracked instantly.

"The police…? Couldn't I just go there?" She agonized over the idea.

Couldn't she just make a life like she said would? Why was it so hard to just forget about this? But she knew she couldn't. She wouldn't feel safe until she's done something. It felt longer but the time was only a half a year. She swallowed down those memories like she would a larger pill. It was harder than she thought.

She had to do something. Just do what she should have done a long time ago. It was amazing how much will she had left. The cuts on her wrists shined like bright lights and she felt numb now. But she was strong enough to escape this time, but for long? How could she pull off such a big matter? Getting caught was how this usually ended. Sometimes Justin would send people after her if he turned his head a couple times.

It made her sick just remembering all those times she let it all happen. Her eyes. They were painful. She wanted to rip them out all the time.

She heard muffled voices coming from close by. She changed plans and moved through the alley way and hide right next besides a small black building. She waited until the chattering surpassed. This really wasn't easy. She forgot had life I had been on the streets. But then, she was selling herself; not by her will. She had suffered many miscarriages and never told anyone. They didn't need to know all they wanted was their dues.

After the crowd was gone she ran to the other side of the street and looked for the closest station. This had to be done for sanity's sake.

Suddenly, she was grabbed and gagged with a dirty hand clamped over her mouth. She could smell the stench of alcohol permeating from his breath and it was making her dizzy. She could feel everything move so fast she couldn’t see the massive presence above her.
 
She knew she was too weak to fight back. She was punched and beaten if she didn’t cooperate. She hated this. Her life was the same sinister cycle on a loop. She couldn’t do anything now. She was pushed up against the wall, there was little fight left in her. For what she had it was covered with a gag cloth.

“This’ll teach you to run away from me. I said things would be different Jade. You need to listen to me when I give you an order.” Justin licked her ear as he snaked his hand down to undo her pants.

She knew this would happen. She should have run when she had the chance and never turn around. Now this, it was too late. She was stuck and all she could do was let it happen.

He pinned her against the red brick wall and ripped open her blouse. Everything was torn and ready to be destroyed. She couldn’t scream but there was one thing she could do.

Her knee was nestled against the middle of his pants. This was her chance and she took it for once. She kneed him as hard he could and pushed him off her. Just then, there was a gun shot fired.

She looked up and saw an officer coming out of the shadows looking right at her. Her mouth was dry. She was telling herself to run and end it all but instead she turned on her heel and ran. She knew she had to get out even if he was a cop. He wouldn’t understand her.

She heard incoherent cries behind her and suddenly they were getting more clearly with each step, “Hey, what are you doing? Wait up… Hey! Wait… stop!”

What could he possible do to help her? This was her problem and no one could offer any type of help without paying the price.

She got as far the gate before she realized she was trapped. She stomped her foot but tried everything she could to climb up toward the other side. He was gaining up and she was only half way there. Damn it! Her foot got stuck in the gate hole; of all the times to pummel now.

She could feel his eager breath stinging at her bare legs. She hardly had anything clothes on and she knew she wasn’t going to make it but she tread on. She was so close to reaching the other side. So close.

“Will you hold still? Hey! Hold on… stop.” He shouted as he caught up to her on the gate and pulled her body down.

She knew she would fall and she did. She picked herself up and fast and cowered against the gate, clutching at the metal rods in the back. Her breathing was strained and she held her torn clothing together but she was pretty sure he saw everything. Her pants were ripped in half and she only realized then that she was in her underwear.

The man in the uniform was out of breath too but he caught it faster than she did and came closer. She bite a step back and started to climb again only to have her hands held above her head.

He took a firm gasp onto both her hands and opened his mouth, “OK, what is going on?”
She began to feel naked in more ways than one. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, “What—what do you w-want from me?”

His face had softened a little and it was then she realized the color of his eyes. Why did she look? She couldn’t look anywhere else. Her eyes were unblinking and she didn’t know what he just asked her.

“Who did this to you? Was it him? Was it Timberlake? Oh man, say it is…” It was like he was begging her.

But how did he know Justin? She was shivering so hard she forgot to answer.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story