She looked around. Was it safe? What was going to happen now? He always found her. Always. Jade was something that he had to have in his life. She didn't feel completely safe when she stepped inside the Officer’s flat.

"Ma'am? Hello?" The Officer came closer to her.

Her head started to pound hard. She almost didn't hear him but she felt him lead her inside. She still said nothing.

"Are you alright?" He tried once more to grab her attention.

She appeared to be looking around and becoming fascinated with everything she saw. She didn't fully trust him. Justin also said he would protect her when they first met. Look how great that turned out.

Her scratchy voice responded, "Yes, I am."

JC nodded, closed the door, and locked it tight. He fastened the two deadbolts and turned around. She hadn't moved from her spot. She'd clung to the bulky jacket and stared in one direction. It scared him. He wasn't sure what he was going to do here.

He could try to, "OK, well, would you like to go to bed now?"

He heard her inhale but she never moved. "Oh... Where?"

JC exhaled deeply and came around to stand in front of her, "You can take mine. I'll be on the couch. Just in case he follows us back, I should be in the living room. I don't think he knows where I live. In fact, you know, I'll just go in the room with you."

"You... you're going in your bed?" She whispered.

"No, actually I'm just sleeping on my ch-" she stopped his words by moving.

But she didn't just turn around, she lunged herself into his arms. "Please, don't. He always finds me. If you leave me alone it could happen again. Please, don't leave me alone."

JC's arms came around her shaking body. He closed his eyes wondering what the hell is going on with this woman. He really wanted to know. He really wanted to keep her safe and also, make her feel better.

They stood there for a few more moments until she pulled back, showing him her glassy eyes. He felt for her. "What's your name?"

"Jade, I don't know my real name." She said sadly.

"That's OK. You must be tired. Did you want to go to sleep now?"

She hugged him again, trying to calm down. She was feeling confused. Her emotions were twisted and she couldn’t understand why. Her nerves were shooting up, she could feel them. She wanted to trust the officer. She was trying to.

"OK, thank you." She pulled back looking in his eyes.

She could trust him. She believed she could. She decided it was all she had left. She shivered and hugged her shoulders as she followed behind him.

This was beyond strange for her. Being in some stranger's house. It was just odd. But she listened to him. Whoever he was. She followed wherever he went and said nothing. She didn't want to speak unless he asked her something. Even her footsteps were practically soundless.

When he pulled the sheets open he motioned for her to climb into the folded crease. She hesitated before she slipped her body inside. She was still wearing the jacket. She had nothing else on underneath, just her undergarments.

He noticed her uneasiness and went to his dresser. He pulled out a long T-shirt and boxers, and placed them next to her. "Sorry, I forgot about that."

Just like she'd taken the jacket, she said nothing as she put on the clothing.

"Are you warm enough?" He whispered.

She looked ahead, blinked slowly and nodded. She hadn't felt this warm in a long time. It was almost like she managed to get used to the cold. Not tonight.

"Thank you." He had to squint his ear closer to hear her.

Man, she looks so fragile. He didn't know how to approach her, let alone talk to her. He could tell she was hiding a lot of things. And she did know Justin. He did something to her. Who knows for how long. He was interrupted by her sudden movement under the covers. She pushed herself further down the bed and pulled the covers closer to her chin. She even did that with a quietness that was just surreal.

He started to get changed before slipping into the covers. It was her wish. She didn't want to be alone. But also he was hoping she'd let him watch her, for her own good.

He managed to turn off the night light and slide in smoothly without disturbing her. This was a little strange. Being next to her, sleeping next to her, without touching, this was something new. Certainly something that he was having trouble with. He wanted to protect her. But he can't move. He wanted to hold her. But his hands were frozen at his sides.

His orders: Watch her. Keep her safe. And do all of this without touching her.

Why does this always happen? He's acting infatuated by someone he's known only known for an hour.

She moaned softly and he felt something in the bed. From just one sound? Come on, it hasn't been that long. But he was close to her.  Any closer and they would be making love. He could feel her breathing even if it was silent. He was starting to like the sound.

But it was wrong to think this way. She’s not thinking about what he wants. She’s probably really scared. He watched her lashes rest on the tops of her cheeks. They looked like feathers just sitting there. She looked as if she hadn’t slept in years.

He really wants to help; even more than before. He needs to figure out what they’re dealing with. Justin was a lead, but was there more? One person couldn’t have done all this. And the Officer well knows of Justin’s so called “busines.”

He was distracted with these thoughts he didn’t notice the body crawling closer to him.

She just looked at him as if it was obvious what she wanted.

“I wanna know what it feels like.”

He swallowed, “What’s that?”

“What you’re like. I have to know.”

He moved some hair off her face and cupped her jaw, “Are you sure?”

She responded by her lips melting on his.

Incomplete
JuCJustifiedMe is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Jade also liked 245 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story