Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own or know NSYNC or anyone affliated with them. This is purely fiction.

The guys were all sprawled out all over the lounge in the studio. They had been recording all day and they were all exhausted to say the least. None of them felt like moving or getting up from where they were to do anything. It was Friday and they were all ecstatic that they were done recording for a while. Things weren't going like they had planned and everyone was getting frustrated with each other. "At least we have next week off." Joey said lazily as he lay on the couch. The others agreed.

 

"What's everyone going to do?" Justin asked. They all shrugged. None of them really thought about what they were going to do on their week off. Lance was thinking about this and how moody everyone's been lately, when he got a brilliant idea. He leaped up from the chair he was sitting in, the first one to move since they sat down a half hour ago. The others were startled by his sudden movement.

 

"Hey. Where you going, Scoop?" JC called seeing that Lance was heading for the door.

 

"I just thought of something that I need to do," was all Lance said before heading out the door. The others didn't give it a second thought, but the curiosity was too much for Chris and he decided to catch up to Lance. He ran out the door and call Lance to stop when he saw him down the hall a little ways. Lance complied. He waited for Chris to catch up with him.

 

"Where you off to? I've never seen you in this much of a hurry before especially after a day like today." Chris said. Lance shrugged.

 

"I just got a great idea and needed to talk to Johnny about it."

 

"Why? What is it?" Lance decided to keep walking if he wanted to get anything done. Chris had to follow him or else he wouldn't be able to get the answers he was looking for. "Lance, C'mon. You can tell me."

 

Lance sighed. He figured there was no harm in telling Chris. "OK. Well you know how everyone's been stressing lately and we have a week off coming up?"

 

"Yeah. What does that have to do with anything?" Chris asked slightly confused.

 

"I was thinking that we could go on vacation to get our minds off of work in particular JC. You and I both know that if he stays here during his week off all he'll do is work and ended getting even more stressed out. I didn't want to tell you guys because I wanted it to be a surprise. Plus, I don't think they would agree with where I'm taking them." Lance explained.

 

"Why? Where are you going to take us?"

 

"I'll tell you when I get done talking with Johnny. I want him to approve of it and see if he will give us an extension."

 

"Let me go in with you. I can help." Chris pleaded. Lance was going to refuse, but he hated when Chris pulled his pouting act.

 

"OK. Fine. You can go in, but stop acting like Justin." Lance entered the conference room with Chris following his lead. Both of them talked with Johnny for about an hour. They had managed to let Johnny give them an extension and have it approved. While in there Chris had learned just where Lance wanted to take the guys and agreed that it would be a perfect place to take them. They were so happy that they could do this. They knew this would help the guys especially JC get back into focus for writing and recording. "C'mon. Let's go tell the guys."

 

"I'll race ya." Chris said and took off in a dead run.

 

"Hey! No fair! You got a head start!" Lance complained and went after him. Chris, of course, beat him there.

 

"Bout time. We ready to do this?" Lance nodded and both of them entered the room. Neither of them were surprised to find that no one had moved an inch since they were gone.

 

"Hey guys. Where were ya'll?" Joey asked.

 

Chris ignored his question. "Boys, pack your bags. We're going on vacation for two weeks." That got everyone's attention.

 

"What? Vacation? And for two weeks? I thought we only had one week off?" JC spoke up.

 

"Yeah, well, I talked to Johnny and he agrees that we all need time off so we booked a place to go. We're leaving tonight so you guys have to go home and pack. We'll meet at my house." Lance explained.

 

"Where are we going?" Justin questioned looking between Lance and Chris. There was something going on he could tell.

 

"That's a surprise. You'll find out when we get there." Chris said after glancing at Lance. They were expecting something like this.

 

"When we get to the airport though, we'll find out where it is because it will say on our tickets." Joey objected.

 

"Right." Lance said choosing to just pretend he didn't hear that. He hoped he could pull this off without them finding out, but he didn't think it would really be that hard. "Go and get packing. Meet you at my house at eight. That's two hours to get ready so get going." All the guys pulled themselves from where they were laying and walked out the door giving weird looks to Chris and Lance as they passed them. They guys had all left and it was only Chris and Lance left.

 

"Do you think this is going to work?" Lance asked.

 

"Of course! Are you kidding me? At first they'll be surprised that we managed to pull this off especially you. Besides, once we get there they'll be thanking us."

 

"I hope you're right, Chris."

 

"I'm always right. You'll see."

 

"OK. I'll see you in a few."

 

"Yeah. Later, man." With that said Lance and Chris departed their own separate ways.

 

Two hours later all of the guys were at Lance's house. All of them were anxious to find out where they were going and why it was so secret. Lance and Joey finished putting all of the luggage in the trunk of Lance's SUV.

 

"You want me to drive, Lance?" JC asked.

 

"No thanks. I got it." Lance replied as he slid into the driver's seat and JC into the passenger seat. The others sat in the back with Justin in the middle of Joey and Chris. Chris was sitting right behind Lance so he could communicate with him better.

 

"Are you guys going to tell us where we are going now?" Justin complained. He hated the fact that Chris and Lance had planned something without their knowledge.

 

"You'll find out soon enough. Patience is a virtue." Lance said.

 

"Better tell that to Curly again. I don't think he understands that." Joey teased and ruffled Justin's curls. Lance was following the main road that took you through Orlando. He reached a red light where they normally made a right to go to the airport, but Lance shocked everyone except for Chris by taking a left.

 

"Uh...Lance?"

 

"Yeah, Joe?"

 

"You do know the airport's that way, right?" Joey asked pointing his thumb over his shoulder in the opposite direction.

 

"Yes I know Joey. We're not going to the airport. It's in driving distance." Lance explained.

 

"Oh," was all Joey could come up with. He had absolutely no idea why they were going this way and didn't even know there was a place in driving distance that Lance felt would be nice to have a vacation at.

 

JC sat staring out the window as he listened Justin pester Chris to answer him and when that didn't work he started to pester Lance. JC was just as stumped as Joey. He was actually surprised that he decided to go with the guys. He had planned on trying to write some new songs for the album. He was at a writer's block. Every time he thought he had something, he would go back the next day and after rereading over it, decide that it was crap. This writer's block had JC on edge and he would snap at the guys on occasion. Not on purpose, but he was stressed out, which wasn't like him. He was always relaxed. His behavior had changed ever since his writer's block hit and he knew the guys knew. Then a thought that this might be good for him actually crossed his mind, but he didn't have time to think upon it because he heard Lance say, "Enough, Justin! We're here so you can stop asking questions."

 

Lance put the car in park after driving down a dirt road with tons of trees around. They all jumped out of the car, ignoring their earlier fatigue, to see where they were. It was dark out so they couldn't get a good look around. Lance and Chris watched the others with amused expressions. Even JC was trying to get a look around and that made both of them smile. "See I told you." Chris whispered to Lance. Lance just nodded.

 

"C'mon guys. Let's bring in our bags. We can check out the area tomorrow. It's too dark now."

 

"He's right. We're all beat." JC grabbed his stuff and headed into the cabin after Lance. The guys brought in all of their stuff and just tossed it in the living room since they didn't know sleeping arrangements yet.

 

"What are the sleeping arrangements? There are three rooms which means two pairs of two share and someone has a room to themselves. I personally don't care." Lance said. Almost at once Justin, JC, and Joey both said they wanted a bedroom to themselves.

 

"All right. Only one of you is going to get your own room. Who's it going to be?" Chris asked.

 

JC sighed. He was tired and didn't feel like fighting over a bedroom. "J or Joey can have it."

 

"Well guys?" Chris persisted looking back and forth between Justin and Joey. Finally after several minutes, Justin caved in.

 

"He can have the room to himself. He snores too loud anyway." He joked and all the guys laughed while Joey muttered something about not being loved.

 

"You want to room with me, J?" JC asked.

 

"Sure, man." Justin and JC followed Joey by taking their luggage up to their room.

 

"I guess that leaves me and you rooming." Lance said as he grabbed his luggage with Chris following close behind. All the guys came back down to the living room after unpacking their suitcases.

 

"What movie do we want to watch?" Chris sifted through the movies they had brought along with them.

 

"How about Big Daddy?" Justin suggested and everyone agreed. Joey made the popcorn. After watching the movie and relaxing for a bit, all of the guys went up to bed. They wanted to get a full night's sleep so they could go exploring tomorrow.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story