Lance led JC out to the lake where the other three were still in the lake and dunking each other. Chris was about to dunk Justin under the water when he noticed JC and Lance standing there. Justin took advantage of this distraction to dunk Chris under the water. Chris hadn't been expecting that and came up spluttering water. "You're dead, Timberlake!" He shouted.

 

"Only if you catch me." Justin replied as he swam to the edge and got out as fast as he could. He managed a quick 'hi' to JC and Lance before taking off with Chris on his heels. Joey got out of the water and stood next to JC. The three of them watched in amusement as Chris finally caught Justin and they were wrestling on the ground. Little did they know they were on the edge of the lake. They rolled over to the left and were surprised when they hit the water.

 

They came to the surface only to find the other three laughing at them. "What are you laughing at?" Chris asked as Justin got out. JC and Lance knew what he was going to do; he was going to push one of them in. Knowing this JC and Lance took off for the house leaving a dumbfounded Joey behind. Justin came up and pushed him in. Then took off after JC and Lance.

 

Justin reached the cabin just as JC and Lance got there. JC was panting because his side still hurt. JC didn't care though. He didn't want it to stop him from having fun on his vacation. That's why he ran with Lance. Lance knew that JC had just made his side worse from running and asked, "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah I'm fine." JC replied as Joey and Chris came jogging up.

 

"You guys are lucky." Joey said referring to JC and Lance. "That water is cold when there's no sun."

 

"Which is why we left you. Besides you were already wet. Lance and I weren't. We figured you could handle yourself." JC explained.

 

"We're going to get you next time though." Chris commented with a smile.

 

"I have no doubt about that." JC said while getting a mental picture of him being pushed in by Chris. That made him smile.

 

"Why don't you three go change while I make some dinner?" Lance suggested.

 

"What are you making?" Justin asked.

 

"I was thinking tacos."

 

"Sounds good to me." Joey said as he headed upstairs. Justin and Chris followed his lead promising to be back down when they were clean and dressed. Lance moved into the kitchen and JC followed him.

 

Lance was preparing dinner when JC asked, "Have you been cooking lately? This is the first time I've seen you cook something besides breakfast."

 

Lance seasoned the meat. "Yeah I guess I have been cooking more. I just got tired of eating out or those TV dinners every night. My mom gave me her cookbook so I've been using that."

 

"I don't ever cook. I live off of take out and pizza. It's nice to have a home cooked meal though."

 

"Well we're not able to get take out here so you get home cooked food for two weeks." Lance said.

 

"I like the sound of that." JC said as Joey came down. "Well you were quick."

 

"I got to the shower first." Joey replied as he shrugged.

 

"What are Justin and Chris doing?" Lance asked.

 

"Fighting over who gets the shower next."

 

"Figures. I wonder who won." Lance said. Just then they heard a loud bang above them.

 

"I'd say Justin won." JC answered and they heard Justin scream 'yes.' They all laughed.

 

"How did you know he won? He didn't scream until after you said it." Lance questioned.

 

"I used to live with Justin and Chris. Remember? Before we all moved into our own houses they used to battle it out to see who would win whatever they were fighting over. And if I remember correctly Justin was due for a win." JC explained.

 

"When was the last time they fought it out?"

 

"Joey was with me then. When was it, Joe?"

 

"Two days ago at the studio. They were fighting over who would eat the last Milky Way." The three of them laughed again.

 

"It's funny how they never grow up." Lance said.

 

"Yeah and it's funny how some of us do." Chris said as he entered the conversation with Justin behind him. Justin and Chris sat down at the table as Lance fixed up plates for everyone and set it in front of them.

 

Lance sat down. "I guess we have all grown up a lot, huh? I never think about it that much."

 

"I'm with Lance. I don't ever think that I've grown up or matured. It just seems like it's the next phase to move into. You never think about how much you've actually changed." Justin looked down at himself and his friends. I guess we all have really changed a lot in the past eight years, he thought.

 

"Well we have, all of us. Pictures make the change in the physical appearance easier to see, but what's really changed is mentally. We've all grown mentally and in our own different ways. It shows through our music. We used to be five guys with a dream of being successful performers and now that we're at that state we're just enjoying life. We're still going to be doing our own thing even if we're not in the spotlight." Chris reasoned.

 

The guys remained quiet for a minute to reflect on this then Joey asked, "Do you guys remember when we met each other? I mean not just when we were a group, but when we met individually?"

 

"I remember meeting Justin on the MMC cast and taking him under my wing because he looked up to me. I remember thinking 'wow what a good kid'. It's kind of funny how we all met before we got the group together." JC said.

 

"Yeah. I remember meeting Justin at some auditions and when I saw him I knew that he had talent. I was surprised that a kid his age already knew what he wanted to do and was putting it into action. That was great." Chris thought back to that day and how he was blown away when we met Justin. He just knew that he would see that kid again. Boy was he right. "And meeting Joey in Orlando. He was so entertaining and I knew I would be great friends with him. That was when I thought about me meeting all of these talented people lately and figured we could try forming a group. I already knew from seeing Joey and Justin that I would want them and the rest is history."

 

"I was the only one of you four that didn't know someone before we formed the group. I can still picture that day clear in my mind." Lance said.

 

"I can too. I remember you walking into the warehouse. You looked uneasy, but I had a good feeling about it all. Then as soon as we sang together, I knew my feeling was right. I knew we had the last part of the group." JC had his eyes closed picturing that day, the day when the journey began.

 

"Remember there were only two bedrooms in the house that Lou bought us?" Joey asked.

 

"Yeah. Justin and JC were already sharing when Lance moved in with Joey and me. I remember that I had to shrink all of our stuff." The guys all chuckled at this.

 

"I remember just sitting back and watching you guys fool around. You guys were always great for a good laugh or even a good talk." Lance said.

 

"You're still like that. We have to drag you into things. You were always too serious like JC. We would have to drag you and JC out to do something fun otherwise you two would have just watched us your whole life." Chris commented.

 

"Those were the good old days. We didn't have to worry about being mobbed." Joey replied.

 

"You never had to worry about that. The girls were always tearing my clothes off. Remember that time in Germany when we were in that train station?" Justin put in.

 

"You mean when you got separated from us and the girls were just going crazy? Yeah I remember." JC answered.

 

"That was so funny." Joey laughed with the rest of the guys.

 

"It was not. You get mobbed and tell me how funny it is. That was the scariest thing ever. Thank goodness security was able to get them away."

 

"It didn't affect you though. You're not paranoid of crowds." Chris pointed out.

 

"Well no, but I'm used to it now." Justin replied.

 

"See it was preparing you for the years ahead." Joey said.

 

"I guess you're right."

 

"I'm always right." Joey replied.

 

"Hey! That's my line. You can't steal my line." Chris exclaimed.

 

"Well I just did so there." Joey said and stuck out his tongue. Chris stole a pillow off the couch. They had moved into the living room in the midst of their talking. He went over to Joey and whacked him in the head with it.

 

"Hey! What was that for?"

 

"For stealing my line." Chris replied as he hit Joey over the head again. Joey had enough and picked up a pillow of his own and started hitting Chris with it. Joey went to hit Chris, but Chris ducked and the pillow hit Justin in the face instead.

 

"This means war." Justin did a battle cry as he grabbed a pillow and ran and tackled Joey to the ground. Joey pushed him off and managed to get up before both Justin and Chris hit him at the same time. Chris looked over his shoulder to the left and saw JC and Lance standing there with smiles on their faces watching the three of them fight. Joey and Justin caught Chris's gaze and a smile formed on their lips. They were thinking the exact same thing as Chris.

 

On the count of three they ran and planned on tackling Lance. Lance saw what they were going to do and tried to get out of the way. He couldn't do it in time though and was tackled to the ground. Lance looked up to see Joey's smiling face. Lance pushed Joey off of him and looked around the room. There were no more pillows left. They took all the pillows.

 

Lance remembered that he had pillows on his bed and if only he could reach his bedroom. So Lance took off running, but Chris knew where he was trying to go and blocked him. Lance tried taking a different direction, but Joey and Justin were there. They started beating him with pillows again.

 

"He does not cry out." Chris said in a strange voice. "We must resort to plan B." Just then Chris tossed his pillow and started tickling Lance where he knew he was ticklish. Unknown to them JC had grabbed Chris's discarded pillow and snuck up on him. Lance was howling with laughter, begging Chris to stop, when JC smacked Chris in the head with a pillow. Chris turned around and his smile got even bigger.

 

"You hit me. Now you must pay." Chris said and signaled for Joey and Justin to hit him, but JC was a lot quicker than them and had them on the floor.

 

"You are great warrior. You win." Chris said and collapsed on the floor with laughter. He had never expected JC to do that. JC helped Lance up.

 

"Thanks. What a night."

 

"Yeah I know what you mean. I'm beat now though." JC said.

 

"You should be. You've had an exciting day. C'mon guys, let's go to bed." Lance replied helping Justin up while Chris helped Joey up. They straightened up the living room before they all headed upstairs and went into their respective rooms.

 

Lance was lying on the bed when Chris stepped out from the shower. "Did you have fun?" Chris asked Lance seeing the smile still on his face.

 

"Yeah I did. I guess you were right."

 

"About what?"

 

"About everything. I do need to have more fun along with JC."

 

"Glad I could point out the obvious." Chris joked.

 

"I hope that the rest of the vacation is like tonight. That was fun."

 

"I'm sure it will. I can always do it again."

 

"Thanks, man. Good night."

 

"Night." All was quiet and still. JC couldn't believe how quickly the day had gone and how much fun he had. Except for falling down the hill, he thought. He was glad that Lance brought them here and knew that there was a lot more fun waiting for him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story