The next morning Justin woke up to a throbbing headache, some combination of a hang over and the stress from the night before. He stretched his arms over his head as he walked out of his room noticing Bella’s door was closed. He knocked gently on the door and opened it carefully to see Bella packing her suitcase.

Bella looked over at him and then back at her suitcase, “Usually the whole knocking thing looses its appeal if you don’t wait for the person to answer”

“What are you doing?”

“Baking a cake. What does it look like I’m doing?”

“Why are you packing?” he ignored her
“I said that I would come out here to give it a try. You said if I don’t like it I could leave. I don’t like it. So I’m going home”

Justin felt his head throb even more than it had earlier, “You were only here for a week” Bella ignored him as she continued packing, “Bella” he said as he grabbed onto her arm, “Bella, please”

“Justin please just let it go. I’ve made up my mind,” she said softly
Justin gently let go of her arm and picked up Aidan who was lying on the floor as he walked downstairs. Bella watched as Justin walked out and felt a tear fall down her face. She dropped the clothes in her hands and fell on the bed crying. She couldn’t believe she actually thought that her life was working out. She fell for Justin’s lines once and she thought that she learned her lesson but she didn’t. Justin could keep feeding her lines for the rest of her life and she would still fall from them.

Bella still had no idea who she should believe. Justin did seem sincere, and he did seem to get really upset when Bella even suggested he had said those things about her. But as much as she wanted to move past the first night they spent together she couldn’t. It was pretty obvious that Christine was a drama queen. Bella wondered why she would start a scene in public like she did. She would think that Christine would be more likely to talk about what had happened in privacy. But then again, Justin did hurt her. Bella had never been cheated on, especially not with someone she’d been with for three years. It’s only expected that she would be upset, and maybe that was the best way she could deal with her anger.

Justin walked downstairs; poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen table across from his mother, “Good morning darling” Lynn said softly as she passed a plate of bagels over towards him, “How are you doing?”

Justin shrugged as he took a sip from his coffee, “She’s leaving”

“Who sweetie?”

“Bella”

“What? Why?” she asked quickly, “I heard you last night, what happened?”

“We woke you up? I’m sorry,” he answered softly as he grabbed a bottle and started to feed Aidan, “We ran into Christine”

“Oh no”

Justin nodded his head, “I don’t know what else to do Ma. She doesn’t believe me at all, she wants to leave”

“No she doesn’t. She’s just upset. Sweetie you can’t let her leave”

“What do you want me to do?” he paused as he looked down at Aidan in his arms, “Why does she get to keep him?”

“Justin…”

“No, I’m serious. How is that fair?”

“Baby, that’s not going to help anything”

“I’m not trying to help anything. I’m supposed to just let her leave with him and I never see him again?”

“Justin, listen to me. Bella just needs some time to think things through. She’ll come back. If you even mention taking Aidan you will loose her forever”

They sat in silence for a few minutes until Aidan started to cry and Justin rocked him in his arms, “She doesn’t believe me Ma. She thinks I’m feeding her lines”

“Are you?”

Justin felt his stomach twirl. He couldn’t believe his own mother was asking him that question. If she didn’t know it would be impossible to prove to Bella the way he really felt, “Come on Ma, are you serious?”

“Baby, I know that you’re not. But it’s tough for her. You need to tell her the way you feel, you can’t just expect her to get it”

“Can you talk to her?” he asked softly, “She’ll listen to you”

“Of course Baby,” Lynn said as she stood up, kissed her son on the forehead and walked upstairs. She knocked softly on the door and waited for an answer. Then knocked again and opened the door softly when once again Bella did not answer, “Bella, sweetie, can I come in?”

“Yeah” Bella said softly as she quickly wiped her eyes and sat up, “Good Morning” she tried to hide the sadness in her voice

“How are you doing sweetie?”

“Good, how are you?”

Lynn sat down next to Bella on her bed and pushed her hair out of her face, “What are you doing?”

“I just want to go home” Bella whispered, unable to speak at a normal volume

“Why?”

“I’m just homesick” she lied as she felt the tears begin to flow down her face, “I miss my brother and I miss Boston and my apartment and my bed”

“You don’t think you’ll miss it here?”

Bella shook her head as she wiped her eyes, trying to stop herself from crying, “I’m sorry Lynn. You’re so great, you really are. You’ve helped me so much with Aidan. And you really have such a great relationship with Justin and I really hope that I have like even half as good of a relationship with Aidan. And I really love you like you’re my own mother” she paused when she couldn’t control the crying anymore. Lynn gave her a hug and felt her own eyes begin to tear, “And you really made me feel welcome from the beginning and you didn’t have to. You’re really like… my mom” she paused again to cry

“Bella, sweetie” Lynn spoke up sniffling back the tears, “I felt like you were my daughter from the first time I saw you. Justin really does not want you to go. He really doesn’t want to hurt you. Sometimes it’s hard for him to say it but he really wants you to stay”

Bella nodded her head, “I’m sorry” she whispered, “But I have to go”
Justin slowly walked into the room and when Bella saw him she stood up and quickly started packing again. Lynn grabbed Aidan from Justin’s hands and left the two of them alone. Justin sat down at the foot of her bed unable to speak. He just watched her carefully as she packed up all of her belongings.

“Can you move? You’re sitting on my clothes” Bella asked softly, Justin pushed out of the way so Bella could grab the clothes then sat back down.

“Please stay” Justin spoke up softly.

Bella looked at Justin carefully, he really did seem sincere but she didn’t know if she should trust him. There was just too much drama with him no matter what. Even if they worked everything out there’d still be the girls starting rumors to get to him. She wasn’t used to things like that, and to her at that time it was not worth it. “I can’t”

“Why can’t you?”

“I miss my brother”

“We’ll bring him out here”

“I miss my bed and I miss…”

“Would you please stop with the bullshit? This has nothing to do with the fact that you’re homesick and you know that damn well”

“Of course it does” Bella lied as she continued packing

“Why are you running from this?”

“Right, because you’ve never run from anything” she said softly as she continued packing and quickly turned around as she started to cry

“I’ve made mistakes. I’m sorry. I don’t know what else to do. I’ve moved on. I realized as soon as I saw Aidan what an asshole I’ve been and I’d never do anything like that again” he stood up and walked over to her and she quickly moved her head so he wouldn’t see her cry, “Are you crying?” he asked softly even though he already knew the answer

“No” she said quickly and turned away

“If you’re crying it’s because it’s hard, you don’t want to leave, so don’t”

“I want to leave,” she said softly as if to prove it to herself, “Please just let me go”

“I’m not going to let you go Bella it’s not fair. You’re leaving because of what my ex-girlfriend said. You’re letting her win. She won. That’s what she wants Bella, she wants to fuck us up because she’s so fucked up and that’s what she needs” Bella ignored him as she put the last of her belongings in her suitcase, “I want you to stay Bella, I really want you to stay. How else can I tell you? What else can I do? Please stay Bella, I don’t know how I’m going to live here without you” he paused as he wrapped his arm around her, “I love you Bella, please stay” he said softly looking into her eye.

Bella bit her bottom lip and quickly looked away from Justin and broke from his grip. She quickly closed her suitcase and grabbed it as she walked away, leaving Justin alone in her room speechless.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc