Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading
Isabella stepped out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked down at her stomach, still unable to fathom the idea that there was a baby growing inside there. She covered herself with her robe and made her way to her bedroom, where she sat by the window looking at the view below her. She pulled the towel from her now curly hair and pulled it into a messy ponytail.
She reached for her phone and dialed her brother’s number. Both their parents had died a few years before, and it was only the two of them. Vin and Bella were like best friends. They were pretty much all the other had as far as family. She nervously paced around the apartment waiting for her brother to pick up the phone.
“Hey” he answered the phone and Bella cleared her throat and sat down trying to calm herself. She couldn’t understand why she was so nervous. It’s her brother, her best friend. They talk every day, why is this any different?
“Hey, what’s going on?”
“Nothing”
“Are you busy?” she thought there’d be no reason to drag it out any longer, she had to get it off her chest, she had to tell someone.
“What’s up?”
“So um yeah…” she paused, afraid of what her brother would say. She knew he’d be behind her one hundred and fifty percent, but she was still a little afraid of the reaction. “I’m just gonna um… cause you know when like” she rambled, “I’m pregnant”
“What?”
“I’m pregnant; you’re going to be an uncle, congratulations”
He laughed a little, “Wait; slow down” he paused for a second and Bella took a deep breath, the hardest part was now over, or so she hoped, “You’re pregnant?”
“Yes”
“With?”
“A baby”
“No shit Bella a monkey. Who’s the father?”
She was quiet for a few seconds as she pulled her hair out of a ponytail and started to nervously twirl it with her fingers. She didn’t know how to tell her brother that she’s pregnant with the child of a one night stand, a guy she didn’t talk to for more than a couple hours, who she didn’t even know his last name, “Just some guy” she said softly, “It was just a one time thing” he didn’t say anything, “Don’t hate me Vinny it was a mistake”
“I don’t hate you” he said quietly, “What’s going to happen with the guy?”
“Nothing. He was just a sperm donor, that’s it”
“That’s fucked up. So you have to do everything and he does shit?”
“I’d rather have it that way” He was quiet for a few seconds, “Say something”
“What do you want me to say?”
“I don’t know” she fell on her bed, “Ok well the thing is I’m pregnant” she began to talk quickly, “And I’m having the baby”
“Obviously”
“Obviously” she repeated, happy that someone else shared her same thoughts on getting an abortion, “And we’re going to be fine. I have a great job, I have a beautiful apartment, I’m 24 it’s not like I’m 16 or something, there are people younger than me working at McDonalds with like a half a dozen kids. And me and the baby are going to be fine, and we’re going to be really happy” she said trying to convince herself more than anyone else
“I know”
“And I mean, this baby doesn’t really need a father, I mean ours died when we were little and we turned out ok” she was talking so fast now, just because she knew if she stopped talking for a second she would break down
“Bella” Vinnie broke in, although it didn’t work
“I mean forget this guy, he doesn’t want to be part of this baby’s life well then too bad, it’s his own loss, we’re going to be way better off without him”
“Isabella… stop”
She did as she was told and began crying as if she had been holding it in for years, “Who am I kidding? I can’t have a baby, I can’t be a mother Vin, I can’t do this. I can’t take care of myself, let alone a baby. I mean, yeah I have a beautiful apartment for me, but I can’t raise a child here, that’s so horrible and dangerous. And my job… how can I keep my job with those crazy hours?”
“Bella, sweetie, calm down”
“I can’t Vin; I’m going to like ruin this kids life. What if it’s a boy, he’ll need a father. Oh god, what if it’s a girl, she’ll need a mother. She’ll need someone to teach her girly things, Vin I’m not a girl, I don’t know girly stuff”
“Stop, you’re going to do fine”
“It’s easy to say that Vin but you don’t know, no one knows”
“I know” he assured her, “Damnit Bella you pretty much raised me yourself and look how great I turned out” he said with a smug tone, he was right though. Their father had died when he was only 5, and their mother had to take on two jobs to be able to keep the family in the same house, “I’m done in a couple weeks, then I’ll come back to Bahston” he said over emphasizing the Boston accent he never really had
“No Vin, stay there” although Bella wanted him to come back home more than anything she couldn’t be the reason.
“I’m obviously coming home Bella”
“Really though Vin, you’re almost done with school and everything”
“There’s school’s in Boston Bella” she took a deep breath, “I’ll finish out the semester and then I’ll be home in a couple weeks, I’ll go somewhere closer for next semester”
“But you love New York”
“So I’ll move back in a couple years if I really want to. It’s not that big of a deal Bella, so just forget it I’ll be home in a couple weeks” Isabella nodded her head as if he could see her, she thought about how lucky she was to have such a great brother, “Do you want me to come back earlier?”
“No. finish the semester. Thanks a lot” she paused, “So how’s everything with you?”
“Good” he answered quickly and then continued, “Who’s the guy?”
“What?”
“You didn’t think I would let it go that easy” he said with a slight chuckle, “Do I know him?”
Bella swallowed hard, “No” she answered quietly, the truth was she didn’t even really know him
“Is he from there?”
“No”
“’Where’s he from?”
“I don’t know” she said honestly
“Does he know?” he asked and got no response, “Bella does he know?”
“Yes Vin, of course he knows”
“And his name is?”
“Justin” she said before pacing around her apartment, “Alright Vin I gotta go, call me tomorrow”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj boyfriendj angryj cheaterj pregnancy daddyc