Chapter 14: Starting Anew

Jocelyn woke up from the sun bursting through the window. She groaned and turned over, hiding her face in a pillow. Her eyes hurt, she’d been crying all night. She couldn’t handle the feelings she was feeling. She had to talk to someone about this, she couldn’t talk to Justin he would kill her. She could talk to Allyson but she was scared about the reaction. Allyson wasn’t doing anything that day maybe she could head over there for lunch. Her parents would be working so she didn’t have to face them. Finally she got up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. About half hour later, she was freshly showered and dressed in casual jeans, shirt, and sweat shirt with her shoes; her hair was back in a pony-tail. She had called Allyson and Allyson had asked her to come over and she said sure. So Jocelyn locked up the house, got into her car and headed to Allyson’s. She got there soon after stopping at the Corner store to get gas and something for Jenee. She talked to Justin as he rang up her items.

“So…how’s Jack?” Jocelyn asked
Justin smiled “Fine” he said “He wants to hang out again…like at the bar”
“Sounds good” Jocelyn said “Maybe this weekend”
“I’ll tell him” he said “We’ll talk”
She nodded “sure"
He gave her a bag of stuff she bought “here…on the house” he said
Jocelyn smiled “aw” she laughed “At least let me pay for my gas”
He shook his head no “Nope, my treat” he said
“Randy’s gonna get mad” she said
Justin rolled his eyes. Jocelyn held her bag, she reached over and hugged him, and Justin smiled and rubbed her back.
“Thanks Jus” she said
He smiled “No problem” he said
“Ok, I better go...call me ok?” she asked

He nodded and waved as she walked out. She thanked and hugged Randy who had pumped her gas for her it was that good ol hospitality. She then got into her car and headed to Allyson and Joey’s. She got there and got out grabbing the bag; she walked to the door and knocked.

“Come in” she heard
She opened the door “hello” she said
“unt oce” Jenee squealed crawling towards her
Jocelyn smiled putting her stuff down and picked up Jenee
“Hey baby, how are you?” Jocelyn asked putting her on her hip
“at unch?” she asked
Jocelyn smiled “Yes, I’ll eat lunch” she said
They walked into the kitchen. Allyson was putting the Mac and cheese into a big bowl.
“Mmm gourmet meal” Jocelyn said
Allyson looked at her and laughed “Shut up” she said with a smile
Jocelyn laughed and put Jenee down into her high chair
“So, what’s up?” Allyson asked
“Nothing” she replied “Need help?”
“No…” Allyson said “How was desert with Lance?”

Jocelyn shrugged…but Allyson knew. They sat down and began making small talk with each other. About an hour later the dishes were done, Jenee was playing with the toys that Jocelyn got her while Jocelyn and Allyson lounged in the living room.

“So…what happened?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn looked at her “I’m so confused” she said
Allyson watched her best friend “Maybe you need to talk about it”
Jocelyn sighed “Well I went over there…you know his house right?” Allyson nodded “Well he’s fixing it up”
“Jo’s helping him” Allyson said
“Really?” Jocelyn asked
“Yea…”
“I didn’t know that” Jocelyn said “But ok, so I got there and he showed me around told me about his future plans for the place…OMG have you seen the deck?”
Allyson shook her head
“It looks awesome, he extended it, added swinging benches it looks amazing”
Allyson watched her friend, she knew this was coming
“So I sat out with his dog while he went to get the desert” Jocelyn continued with her story “He brought out our imitation Snicker-Doodles and hot cocoa” she took a deep breath “Next thing I know we were reminiscing and I looked at him…these old feelings came back and we kissed” she whispered
Allyson coughed and looked at her “Jocelyn!” she said
“I know!” she said tears starting to alter “I don’t know what’s going on”
Allyson rubbed her back as she began to cry, Jocelyn laid her head on her shoulder.
“I know how in-love you were with Lance” Allyson said “And when you love someone like that…it never goes away”
Allyson watched her friend “I don’t know how much in love you were with Josh…I know it was love as you say…but it may not be what it seems”
“So you’re saying…forget about what Lance did, and just…be with him?” she asked
Allyson nodded
“But…” Jocelyn replied wiping her eyes “J’s gonna kill me”
Allyson smiled “Joc, if I had done something that I loved and my parents didn’t-“
“My parents love him” Jocelyn said
“That’s not the point” Allyson said “Justin was your friend even though he didn’t like Lance back in school”
“But he hates him now, because of what happened at that party”
Allyson looked at her “You do what you gotta do, no one will stop you from it” she said
Jocelyn smiled and hugged Allyson “Thanks Al”
“No problem” Allyson replied hugging her back
“Ma!” Jenee said tapping Allyson’s leg
Allyson looked down at her as she held up a paper with scribbles of crayons on it.
“Wow, that’s nice Jenee” Allyson said
Jenee then held it up to Jocelyn and she smiled.
“Nice job gurlie” Jocelyn said

Jenee smiled getting the approval of the two women then went back to drawing. Allyson watched her and smiled then looked at Jocelyn who was watching Allyson.

“What?” Allyson asked
“You’re such a mom” Jocelyn said
Allyson laughed “Thanks I think” she said
“No, it’s a good thing” she said “You have the chance”
“So do you” Allyson said
Jocelyn shook her head “By he time I figure out what I want, I’ll be old and gray”
“You know what you want” Allyson said
Jocelyn shrugged “Oh, Jack and Justin wanna go out again…this weekend maybe” she said
“That’ll be perfect” Allyson said “Then you could invite Lance…”
“Hah! And have J kill me” Jocelyn said
“He’ll be alright” Allyson said “Don’t worry so much”
Jocelyn looked at her no words coming to mind.
“You need to do something” Allyson said
Jocelyn shrugged “I ran outta there fast last night…”
“It’s understandable” Allyson said “I’m sure he won’t hold that against you”
Jocelyn rubbed her hands together, then rubbed her eyes
“You should go…”Allyson said “Wait for him”
Jocelyn looked at her and took a deep breath and smiled. She hugged Allyson and Allyson laughed hugging her back.
“I’ll wait until school gets out” she said

They both sat down with Jenee and played/colored with her and talked until Joey got home. Then Jocelyn decided to head out to Lance’s. She said good-bye to Allyson, Jenee, and Joey then headed out. Allyson watched as her friend drive away, Joey came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

“What’s wrong?” Joey asked
“Nothing” she turned and looked at him wrapping her arms around his neck, he kissed her lips lightly.
“You know something” Joey said
She smiled “Hm, maybe if you’re good I’ll tell you” she said
He laughed and pulled her into a kiss. She kissed him back then broke it and Joey looked at her.
“Jocelyn’s starting to fall for Lance again” she said simply
“Wow really?” he asked
Allyson nodded
“That could be good” he said
“Or bad” she said
“Bad? Why?” he asked
“Justin…” she replied
“OoOo” Joey said “Well…we’ll see”

~*~

Jocelyn drove back towards Lance’s house she was getting nervous and she didn’t like it. She took a deep breath as she drove hoping to relax. She was running through her mind things to say to him. He would be there, unless he had to be at a meeting for school. She drove down his drive way, and she heard a distant sound of a barking dog. She saw his car parked in the side of the house, he was home. She took another deep breath and parked. She got out of her truck and walked around to the back. She saw him sitting on the bench throwing the tennis ball for Cocoa to get. He had a stack of papers on his lap and next to him. Jocelyn slowly made her way towards him. He heard the deck creak and looked up, Jocelyn froze.

“Hey” he said surprised
She smiled “Hi” she said
“What’re you doing here?” he asked
She looked at him nervously and walked towards him and sat down next to him as he moved the papers.
“We need to talk” Jocelyn said
Lance looked at her then out at the horizon
“I know what I did yesterday was out of line” he began “But… I had to do it…I love you Joc still…and I know what I did was horrible”
“Yea no kidding” Jocelyn mumbled
“But that feeling never went away” he said
Jocelyn looked at him then down at her hands.
“I’ve always had this feeling for you Joc” he said
Jocelyn looked at him again. Cocoa then put her paws on Jocelyn’s lap. Jocelyn looked at her; she smiled and patted her head.
“Lance I-“ she was cut off as Lance moved toward her and pressed his lips to hers. They touched in a deeply passionate kiss. Jocelyn groaned, closing her eyes in total pleasure. They broke the kiss and Jocelyn looked at him.
“Wow” she whispered
He smiled and moved in to kiss her again. Jocelyn put her hands on his chest stopping him.
“Lance…” she said “Wait”
“What?” he asked
“We…I…uh…” she started to stutter
He laughed “Joc…what?” he asked
“Before this goes any farther…we really need to talk” she said
He nodded “I agree…” he said “How about I make dinner for us, and we’ll talk…all night if we have too”
She smiled “OK” she said
He smiled and then kissed her head and stood up
“Ok, what would you like?” he asked stretching
She shrugged “What do ya got?” she asked
“How about…some chicken?” he questioned “Corn, mashed potatoes”
“What are you trying to do…fatten me up?” she questioned
“What, like you’re fat now?” he asked
She smiled and he rolled his eyes.
“Need help?” she asked
“If you want too” he said gathering his papers
“I should call my mom and tell her I’ll be at Allyson’s” she said
He looked at her confused “Why not tell her you’re here?” he asked
She looked at him realizing she said it out loud
“Oh…well I-“ she started
“Are you ashamed of me?” he asked
“No!” Jocelyn said “I jus…it’s new and I don’t know what it will lead too and-“
She was cut off again and Lance kneeled down to kiss her making her be quiet. They broke it and Jocelyn looked at him.
“I forgot how nervous you get” he said Jocelyn blushed looking down. He smiled and kissed her head “Tell them what you must”

With that he walked into the house leaving Jocelyn with her thoughts. Jocelyn took out her phone and looked at it. She dialed her home number taking a deep breath. It rang then her mom answered.

“Hello?”
“Hey Mama”
“Jocelyn baby, where are you?”
“Oh um I’m going to have dinner at Lance’s if that’s ok?”
“Lance’s?”
“Yea”
“Is there something you want to tell me?”
“We’re just friend’s mama”
“For now…”
Jocelyn giggled “Ma!”
Dianna laughed “Ok honey, don’t get home too late”
“Ok bye mama love you”
“Love you too baby… bye”

They both hung up, Jocelyn put the phone back in her purse and stood up and walked into the house. She heard the rummage of pots and pans, she walked in and stood by the door-way of the kitchen and watched him. He was on his hands and knees looking through the bottom cupboard. Jocelyn smiled and nudged his butt with her foot.
“Hey…” he said laughing
Jocelyn smiled “So what can I do?” she asked
He gave her some things to start on. They spent the next 45 minutes getting dinner started. It was a good time, Jocelyn hadn’t laughed so hard in a long time. Soon they sat down on the balcony floor eating their dinner and continuing their talk. About 2 hours later they both sat back on the bench. Jocelyn lying against Lance’s chest he had his arms wrapped around her.

So…” he started “Ready to talk?”
Jocelyn turned and looked at him. During dinner they hadn’t really talked much, only about memories.
“What do you want to know?” she asked
“Tell me about Josh” he said
Jocelyn sighed “Ok…”
“Why did you break up?” he asked
“He thought I was cheating” she said “Ironic isn’t it?”

Lance was quiet. Jocelyn very quietly started to explain the situation. How they met, how their relationship grew towards the last moment she was in his home. Lance listened rubbing her arms, trying to comfort her. She had started to cry explaining the story to him. He nuzzled his face in the back of her neck.

“I’m sorry” he whispered
Jocelyn tried to calm down and she wiped her eyes.
“It’s not your fault” she said “I’m jus meant to be alone”
He laughed “that’s bull” he said
She smirked, and then she looked around and noticed it was dark. She then looked at her watch.
“I better go” she said
He hugged her close “Don’t leave”
“You have school tomorrow…” she reminded

He pouted. She laughed and turned over and straddled him on the bench. He looked up at her and she put a hand on each side of his face. She moved her head and kissed him deeply. He groaned wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer. They broke the kiss and looked at each other.

“Wanna do me a favor?” she asked
“Hmm…” he said
“Wanna go out with us this weekend?” she asked
“Who’s us?” he asked
“Me, you, Joey, Allyson…Justin…Jack” she said
He looked at her with that face
“Please…he’s my best friend Lance” she said
“He doesn’t like me…” Lance said
“Well…please…I would appreciate it” she said pouting
He looked at her “Ok” he said
“Yeay!” she said smiling

She then got off his lap and stood up stretching adjusting her shirt. He stood up too as she grabbed her purse. They walked together to her car. Jocelyn hugged him tightly as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Bye Joc” he said
She kissed his lips lightly “Bye”

She got into her truck and waved as she drove off again towards her home. Lance watched her go a smile creeping on his lips.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story