Chapter 15: Confessions

The week went by quickly with nothing really happening. Jocelyn talked to Lance daily since they had dinner but hadn’t seen him since then. Jocelyn went to work with her mom a couple of days to help out. She treated Allyson to a hair cut which Dianna did of course while Jocelyn played with Jenee. Things had been going good; Jocelyn thought her life would be normal soon. She hadn’t thought about work all week and it felt so good. It was now Saturday night and Jocelyn was getting ready to go hang out with her friends. Lance had insisted on picking her up so here she was looking at herself once more. She had on blue jeans, and a semi dressy shirt. She put on her warn jean jacket and some high heel boots. She looked at herself once more and sighed. She had butterflies already. There then was a knock on the door.

“Jocelyn” her mother called “Lance is here”
“Ok mama, I’ll be right out” Jocelyn said, she felt like a teenager all over again
She took a deep breath grabbing her purse and opened the door. She walked into the living room where Lance was talking with her mom and dad. They all turned to her and smiled.
“Oh Jocelyn” her mother replied “We were just talking about when Lance picked you up for prom…do you remember?”
Jocelyn smiled “How could I forget” she said
Lance looked at her and blushed knowing exactly what she was talking about.
“Well…we better get going” Jocelyn said
“Right” Lance said “Don’t want to be late”

Jocelyn hugged her parent’s good-bye, and then Lance led her to the door. They walked to his car, Lance opening her door and Jocelyn giggled and got inside. Lance then got into the driver seat.

“Geez, I thought we’d never get out of there” Jocelyn said
Lance smiled “We made it…its not them we have to worry about” he said
Jocelyn looked at him “Be nice” she warned
“I’m always nice” he said
“Yea right” replied Jocelyn

There was a comfortable silence as Lance drove. Jocelyn leaned forward and started messing with the radio. Lance watched her laughing, memories running through his mind. They reached the Bar later and Jocelyn was about to step out when Lance grabbed her hand. She looked at him and he pulled her towards him and kissed her lips lightly. They broke the kiss and Jocelyn looked at him.
“It’ll be ok” she said smiling
He nodded letting go of her hand. They got out and headed into the bar not seeing Justin or Jacks car anywhere. They could hear the loud music playing though the door along with laughter. Lance looked at her as she took a deep breath
“Ready?” he asked
She nodded and he opened the door leading Jocelyn inside. She spotted Allyson and Joey down at the end of the bar and gripped Lance’s hand leading them through the crowd. Allyson spotted them and waved standing up.

“Oh wow she brought him” Allyson said to Joey
“Who?” Joey asked turning around and saw Jocelyn and Lance “Oh”
Jocelyn and Lance made their way to them, they all hugged hello smiling.
“You guys made it” Allyson said
Jocelyn smiled “Of course” she said “You look great as usual”
Allyson rolled her eyes “Yea whatever”
“I’m serious” Jocelyn said “Doesn’t she Jo?”
Joey watched with a smile and nodded
“Hah! See” Jocelyn said poking her tongue at them
They all laughed.
“Come on let’s go pick a song…” Allyson said to Jocelyn
Jocelyn nodded and kissed Lance’s cheek.
“We’ll get the drinks” Lance said

Jocelyn nodded. Allyson and Jocelyn walked to the juke box. Allyson turned back and watched Joey and Lance.

“Things seem ok no?” she asked
Jocelyn smiled “They are…for now” she said “I’m jus nervous about J”
“Does he even know?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn shook her head “Nope…not a clue” she said
Allyson looked at the music list
“Oh my gawd!” Allyson squealed “Look…What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley”
Jocelyn started laughing “Play it!”

Allyson pressed the button for the song and the music came blaring through the speakers. The both laughed and walked back to where Joey and Lance were drinking beers and talking. They both turned when they heard the song looking toward the girls. They rushed over taking their guy's hands.
"Come on!" they both said
Lance and Joey laughed, taking one more swig of beer then heading to the dance floor. There everyone was going along with the famous line dance to the song. Everyone was laughing and having a great time dancing along to the music, the town was such a hick town it was not even funny. They spend a couple minutes dancing to the song then it was done. Everyone cheered and clapped. Jocelyn laughed and hugged Lance.
"That was great!" she said smiling
He smiled hugging her waist and kissed her lips
"Let's go get a drink" he said
Jocelyn nodded grabbing his hand and they walked to the bar where Allyson and Joey were sitting.
"Wow not bad Ms. Celebrity" Allyson said smiling
Jocelyn laughed "Thanks" she said "You guys were great too"

They all sat down at the stools drinking their beers and talking. Jocelyn was now at ease a little, she jus wished Justin would come soon so she could get it over with. They were talking about everything laughing and having an awesome time. Lance had his arm around Jocelyn’s waist as they talked. He had his chin resting on her shoulder, kissing her neck. They heard the door open and Jocelyn turned seeing Justin and Jack walk in.

"Shyt..." she mumbled kinda nudging Lance away
"What?" Lance asked confused
"Justin..." she mumbled then put on a smile
Justin walked over with Jack behind him
"Hey guys" he said
"Hey J!" Jocelyn said standing to hug him
She hugged him then Jack. Allyson did the same to Justin and Jack as well. Lance and Joey sat back and watched. Justin noticed Lance and kinda made a face
"James..." he said coldly
"Justin" Lance said
Justin rolled his eyes and turned to Jocelyn, who was talking to Jack.
"Jocelyn...come with me to get drinks" Justin said

Jocelyn looked at him and knew he was annoyed that Lance was there she sighed it was now or never. She nodded and walked with him to the other end of the bar, knowing he wanted to talk not get drinks. She sat on a stool, Justin next to her.

"Why is he here?" he asked bluntly
Jocelyn sighed and looked at him
"J...a lot has happened this week you don't know about..." she started
"Well why don't you tell me" he said "Or am I not good enough?"
"Justin...stop it!" Jocelyn said getting annoyed.
He sighed and looked at her.
"If you want to know...stop acting like that...it's not flattering..." she said with a serious tone
"Ok...I'm sorry" he said quietly
She turned and faced him and he looked at her.
"Oh Monday he called me up after we came back from lunch...and asked me to dinner. I went and we had a good time talking about what he did after high-school and stuff" She started "Then Tuesday I went to school to visit old teachers...and I saw him...and he invited me to go see his house and have some desert"
Justin looked at her "Desert huh?" she said wiggling his eye-brows
She smirked shaking her head and hit his arm "Perve" she said
"That's me" he smiled "Then?"
She sighed "He made those...wanna-be snicker doodles...and hot cocoa....we were talking about the old days...parties and things...and we...jus kissed" she whispered

Justin closed his eyes and sighed. He knew it was going to happen now; she was going to get hurt. Jocelyn watched him; she knew he was upset, she did the thing she told him she wouldn't. They were quiet for a few minutes then Justin got up and walked out the door, Jocelyn watched him and put her head down. She then felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up, it was Lance. She already had tears running down her face he wiped them away and kissed her head.

"You want me to talk to him?" he asked
She shook her head no "No...he hates you enough..." she said and stood up "Imma go get him"

She kissed his cheek then made her way out the front door. She walked out and noticed couples making out on the side, she laughed and looked around. Justin wasn't anywhere in the front. She then walked around the deck to the back where she knew he would be at, she turned and corner and sure enough he was there sitting under a old Oak tree in a grassy area. She walked over and he turned as she came into view, he looked at her his eyes hurt and he turned away.

"Justin...please..." she started
He looked at her and sniffled, she sighed he was crying. He turned his head away again and moved his body as he sat down hugging his legs to his chest. She walked over and sat down next to him putting her head on his shoulder, he moved it though.
"Hey now...don't get prissy on me..." she said looking at him
He didn't say anything and she wrapped her arm around his waist "Jus...please...talk to me..."
"What do you want me to say?" he snapped "Congratulations...hope you'll be happy together..."
"No..." Jocelyn said and stayed quiet
He shook his head and laid it down on his arms, more tears escaping. Jocelyn sighed and looked out at the sky.
"Why don't you want me to be happy?" she asked
He looked at her "What?" he asked "I do too want you to be happy..."
"Then why are you crying about this?" she asked
"Because...he's a jerk...and you don't know what he can really be like...when he's upset" he said
She looked at him confusingly "What?" she asked
He sighed and wiped his face on the sleeve of his shirt then looked at her "When...you left... he was going crazy... no one would tell him where you were...including me..." he started more tears escaping "One night...I was getting off work late...and I was walking through the parking lot...and I heard footsteps..."
He took a deep breath more tears escaping "And I turned around...and Lance was there... and he started hitting me...I was on..." he chocked, Jocelyn rubbed his back "I was on the floor and he was kicking me...and screaming at me to tell him where you were..."
Jocelyn sighed tears escaping her own eyes as she hugged him.
"I'm so sorry Justin..." she whispered
He started full out bawling and leaned his head on her shoulder. She sighed and hugged him close tears running down her cheeks as well, and she rubbed his arm.
"It'll be ok..." she said "I promise..."
"He was...he just kept kicking me..." he sobbed "I screamed...and no one heard me...and I-"
"I know...shhh Justin..." she said
He continued to cry on her shoulder as she comforted him. They rocked back and forth as Jocelyn tried to comfort her best friend they way he had when she and Lance broke up. He calmed down for a little and wiped his face on his shirt, as Jocelyn continued to hold him. They just sat there for a few minutes in silence as Justin calmed down and closed his eyes hugging her close.

"I don’t want you to be hurt like that..." he said "especially by him...he did it once Jocelyn..."
"I know...but everyone makes mistakes Justin..." she said "You can't hold that against him forever..."
"Oh yes I can!" Justin said "He could have killed me..."
Jocelyn looked at him "So you're saying...for me to be alone..."
"NO!" he said "I'm not saying that at all...there are plenty of men out there..."
"Where?" she asked "In Hollywood?"
He looked at her
"I had my fill of Hollywood men ok?" she said "And he didn't trust me..."
Justin looked at her, it was her turn for tears to roll down her cheeks and she wiped them.
"I don’t want to be alone" she said "And I’m not going to be..."
"So go be with a guy that beats up your best friend then..." he said annoyed
She looked at him "I'm not going to forgive for that Justin..." she said "Believe me...he will pay for that..."
He shook his head and sighed again. He laid his head on his arms and looked out into the night sky again. Jocelyn laid her head on his back and hugged his waist as she too looked out into the sky.
"I'm sorry..." she said "But...I'm going to try and live my life...and if Lance is in it...then so be it...it's not up to me for you to be friends with me anymore...if you want to throw it away...then go ahead"
She kissed his head then stood up, Justin watched her.
"I love you Jus...I always will..." she said "But... this is my choice...and I told him to come out here and be friends with you...but you have to try too...because I love you guys both so much...and I would love to have you both be friends..."

He watched her as she fixed her blouse and he then stood up and hugged her. Jocelyn almost fell back as he hugged her but she wrapped her arms around his waist as he hugged her laying his head on her shoulder. She sighed and rubbed his back as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

"I'm going to try ok?" he said
She smiled "Thank you..." she said
He smiled and sniffled then looked at her "I love you Jocelyn...you're my best friend..."
She smiled and gave him a peck on the lips (friendly...he's gay remember) "Me too Justin...always"

He laughed and they hugged again. They then walked back towards the bar hand in hand. They stopped out side the door and made sure the other looked ok, and then walked back into the bar. Allyson was dancing with Jack and Joey and Lance were talking at the end of the bar. Justin turned and looked at her as she watched Lance and Joey. He then faced Jocelyn

"Dance with me once..." he said smiling
She smiled "Of course" she said

He lead her to the dance floor, she laughed taking his hand as she danced the night away with her best friend. Soon they switched and Allyson danced with Justin as Jocelyn danced with Jack. Lance watched as Jocelyn had a good time, and Joey watched Lance.

"So..." he said "What's going on with you two?"
Lance looked at him "I don’t know...we haven't really..." he started "Said anything..."
"So are you dating...or having a relationship already?" Joey asked
"Well...I'm not dating anyone else...and neither is she..." Lance said
Joey laughed and took a drink of his beer "So you're together..." he said
Lance shrugged "It's up to Justin..." he said
Joey kinda laughed but nodded "Yes…I understand..." he said
Lance sighed and watched them switch partners and Jocelyn was now dancing with Justin again, then he finished off his beer and looked at Joey who was watching Allyson with Jack.
"You never get worried about her and her relationship with Justin?" Lance asked
Joey looked at him "Um Lance...he's gay...why would I worry about it?" Joey said
Lance sighed and then looked at Joey "I have this feeling...and I always have...I don’t know..." he said
"It's paranoia" Joey said "Don't worry...if you do this...she will love you forever Lance...and you won't be alone..."

Lance looked at her knowing it was the truth, but knowing if she knew what he did to Justin...she would hate him forever.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story