Chapter 16: Confessing

The night quickly ended, everyone had a good time. They all danced, drank and had a great time just like the good ol days. Finally they decided it was time to go home. They all walked to the front hanging out at the porch saying good-bye to each other with hugs and kisses. Justin took Jocelyn off to the side and hugged her closely, hiding his face in her neck.

“Relax J” she said
She ran her fingers through his curls as he wrapped his arm around her tightly.
“Promise to call if anything happens?” he asked
She nodded “Of course”
She kissed his temple and he sighed. They broke the hug and kissed the other’s cheek.
“Justin…come on its late” Jack called
Jocelyn giggled “Go on your boyfriend is calling…” she said

He smiled and squeezed her hand then walked with Jack to his car. Jocelyn walked back to where everyone else was. They said good-bye to each other then they went to their cars. Jocelyn got into the passenger seat, while Lance got into the drivers seat.

“So, where you wanna go?” Lance asked
“Home” Jocelyn said looking at him
“You don’t wanna go back to my place?” he asked
“No…” she said
He looked at her “Did I do something wrong?” he asked
“What do you think?” she asked
“Joc…what?” he put his hand on her leg

She moved her leg from his touch, Lance looked at her. He knew that she knew what he did to Justin. He sighed and looked out the window. They needed to talk now, they couldn’t sleep angry. He changed lanes and turned to a different street. Jocelyn looked around.

“Lance…where we going?” she asked
“To talk” was all he said

They reached a dead end in the road, and Lance stopped the car turning it off. He turned and faced Jocelyn as she looked out the window, she really didn’t want to talk to him right now. They sat in silence for a few minutes then, Lance spoke up.

“I don’t know what you want me to say” Lance said
Jocelyn looked at him
“How about um I’m sorry” Jocelyn said

Lance looked at her then down again, there was again more silence as Jocelyn sighed and turned getting out of the car. Lance quickly got out of the car too. Jocelyn walked to the hood of the car leaning her back against it, arms crossed. Lance walked over and stood beside her.

“You don’t feel bad about beating up Justin?’ Jocelyn asked
Lance sighed “Yes but…” he started
“There is not buts Lance, you’re either sorry or you’re not” she started
Lance was silent, and looked out ahead of him.
“I can’t believe I begged him to be friends with you” Jocelyn said
Continued silence from Lance, Jocelyn sighed
“You’re a jerk you know that?!” Jocelyn started “It was your own fault we were apart…you had no right to do that to him"
“I know I didn’t…but I needed you, and you weren’t here” Lance said
“Because you cheated on me!” Jocelyn screamed
Tears were starting to roll down her cheeks, and she quickly wiped them.
“Joc look, you weren’t here…I was going crazy…I missed you and needed you”
“So beating Justin helped?” she asked
“I figured he would be the one who would know…you guys were close” he said
“So it’s ok to beat him up?” she asked
“No…” he said quietly
Jocelyn wiped her face, and hugged herself.
“Why do you hate him so much?” she asked
Lance looked at her, then out at the sky. He ran his hands through his hair with a sigh.
“I don’t know” Lance started
“I’ve known him since I was like born” Jocelyn said “He’s still the same sweet Justin…and I love him…does that bother you?”
Lance shrugged “Kind of” he said
“Why?” she asked
“I don’t know!” he grumbled loudly “You love him more then anyone else…and he’s fucking gay!! He doesn’t need love from you, you’re not his girlfriend”
Jocelyn looked at him, his outburst making her jump. She moved towards the other side, inching away from him.
“You’re jealous?” she questioned
He looked at her, then down at his feet.
“My god Lance…that’s like” she started “You being jealous of my family…it’s stupid…and you seriously need to get over it…because Justin isn’t going anywhere you should know that”
Lance looked at her “So you’re picking him over me?” he questioned
"No, I'm not..." Jocelyn said "I'm picking both of you...but he's ok with that...despite what you did to him"
Lance looked at her again, then down at the ground. Jocelyn shook her head
"I'm going home" she said

She turned to walk away from the car and down the dirt road to the main street. Lance watched her walk, and sighed. They both had a lot to think about, maybe it was better she walked. No, he couldn't let her walk alone; he sighed and got into his car, and headed down the road. She had just got onto the main street when car beams showed behind her. Lance stopped, rolling down his window.

"Joc, let me drive you?" Lance asked
Jocelyn looked at him, and then down at the road again, it was late.
"Please...no funny business..." he said

Jocelyn sighed and then got into the passenger seat. Lance then turned taking her home. Jocelyn sat in the passenger seat looking out the window, her arms crossed over her chest. Lance drove, looking at her outta the corner of his eye.

"So, we're fighting?" he asked
"Duh!" Jocelyn said

Lance was quiet as he continued to drive. Jocelyn sighed; this night wasn't turning out right. She did not expect that story from Justin; it jumbled her mind about the whole situation. Soon they pulled up to Jocelyn's home, and she reached for her purse and Lance grabbed her hand.

"It's jus a fight right?" Lance asked "We'll be ok tomorrow"
Jocelyn looked at her hand, then at him.
"You decide that" she said "If you apologize or at least admit you were wrong...then we'll see"

Lance looked at her and moved in to kiss her. Jocelyn lips touched his and before they got too into it, she broke it.

"That's not gonna work this time..." she said
Lance sighed and let go of her hand, she opened the door.
"I'll talk to you later" he said
"Yea" she said

She closed the door before he could say anything else. She adjusted her purse and walked to the house. She opened the door, poking her head in, her dad was watching TV. She smiled and stepped inside.

"Hi daddy" Jocelyn said with a smile
Jeff turned and saw her "Hey baby" he said

Jocelyn hung up her jacket, took off her shoes and put her purse down. She went and sat down next to him; he smiled and put his arm around her. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"How was the bar?" he asked
"Ehh" she said
He looked at her "You're out till 2, and it was ehh?" he questioned
"Too much drama Pops" she said
"Even now? At your age?" he asked
She smiled "Yup...even now" she said
"Hmm" he said
"How about you guys?" she asked
"The usual" he said "Your Mom going on and on about work, and Lance" he chuckled
Jocelyn rolled her eyes
"Speaking of Lance, what was that about?" he asked
"Whatya mean?" she asked
"You and Lance?" he questioned "Friends? Dating?"
Jocelyn shrugged "I don't know..."
Jeff looked at her and smiled. They were quiet as they watched TV for a little, Jocelyn resting in her dad’s arms.
"Hey dad" Jocelyn started
"Hmm..." he said
"Isn't yours and moms anniversary coming up?" she asked
"Yea, couple of weeks" he said
"Got any plans?" she asked
He chuckled "No baby, your mother and I haven't celebrated our anniversary in years"
"Why not?" she asked
He shrugged "That's jus the way we are" he said
"Why don't we think of something?' Jocelyn offered
Jeff grumbled and Jocelyn snickered.
"Aw come on Pops..." Jocelyn said
"How about this..." Jeff said "Tell me about you and Lance...and we'll plan something for your mother"
"Dad!" Jocelyn laughed "That's not fair"
"Yes it is..." he laughed
She sighed and closed her eyes.
"We're kinda dating...but I just found out some stuff about him that I didn't like about him and now I don’t know..." she said
"What did he do?" Jeff asked
"He...he treated a friend really bad..." she started
"How bad?" he asked
"Beating up bad" Jocelyn said
"Wow, that's serious" he said
She nodded "I like him still, I jus don't know"
Jeff looked down at his daughter, and rubbed her arm
"You know in your heart who you love" Jeff said
"But...he beat up Justin" she said
"So, it was Justin?" he asked
Jocelyn nodded.
"He's jealous of him" Jocelyn said
Jeff sighed, hugging his daughter tight.
"I don't know what to tell you honey" he said "What Lance did was so wrong; no one should be treated like that"
"Justin forgives him..." she said "I'm jus not sure I forgive him"
"I see...well don't you think you should...since Justin has and it happened to him..."
"I know...it seems silly for me to be mad but-"
"It's not silly, Justin is your best friend and something horrible happened to him...it's ok to be upset"
"You don't think I’m over reacting?" she asked
He smiled "Just think about it, the decision will come soon enough"
She smiled and kissed his cheek
"Thanks Pops" she said
He smiled "No problem" he said
"Now, let's talk about your anniversary" she said
He grumbled "Aw no" he said
She laughed "Dad, you said” she said
"Alright alright, not now" he yawned "How about tomorrow...while your mom shops..."
"You better not be trying to get out of this" Jocelyn warned
He grinned and hugged her. She then kissed his cheek
"I'm going to sleep" she said
"Ok, night baby" he said
"Get some sleep Pops" she said
She stood up, then hugged him "Love you" she said
"Love you too" Jeff said

Jocelyn grabbed her purse then walked down the hall to her bedroom. She got in, changing into some PJ's and crawling into bed letting sleep take over her.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story