Chapter 21: Secrets

Josh hung up the phone with a sigh. How was this possible; how could Jocelyn go back to someone who cheated on her. He knew more than Will about that situation, which was why he couldn’t believe it. He sat there in his car; he was outside the studio where he would be shooting today. He had to think of something, to make her realize she made a mistake; something that would have her running away from Lance and back to Josh. Then an idea came to him, something that was sure to work. He looked at his cell phone, and went through the phone book. He found the number he wanted and dialed it. It was one of his good actor friends, Jordana Brewster ( http://www.filmz.de/film_2001/the_fast_and_the_furious/bilder/jordana_brewster_a.jpg ); he met her on the set of many of his soap opera appearances. The phone rang, and then a girl picked up.

“Hello…Jordana speaking”
“Hey Jordy, what’s going on?”
“JC! Old buddy how are you?”
“I’m doing okay” he laughed “you busy?”
“Never for a friend…” she said “What’s on your mind”
“I need a favor” he said “A big one”
“I see…” she said “And what might this favor entail?”
“Some traveling…” he said
She laughed “Hmm… well I could use something to do right now…what is it?”
“I need you to go to Mississippi, and seduce someone for me”
“Hmm… who may this be?”
“Jocelyn’s Ex…well boyfriend” he said
“What? You guys broke up?” she asked
“Haven’t you heard? It was all over the place”
“Eh I don’t believe that cr*p” she said “But why?”
He laughed “Something was published in the paper about her and her manger, but they didn’t say it was her manager…so it was some big ol rumor, and I kicked her out before she could explain…” he said
“Oh geez JC, what is wrong with you?” she laughed
“I know I know” he said “So will you help me?”
“Uh sure…let’s meet up, and we’ll discuss the plans ok?”
"Great thanks so much"
"I haven't said yes yet buddy..." she reminded
"I know I know" he said with a laugh

They set up plans to meet later at his house, and then hung up. Josh felt a little bit better, and got out of his car and started towards the building getting ready to do what he needed to do.

~*~

Jocelyn woke up to the sun bursting through her linen curtains. She groaned and turned over, cuddling closer to Lance. She hadn't had that good of sleep in so long. Just being there with him kind of made the problems disappear. Her parents would be home today, so Lance had to be gone by that time. She continued to lay there with him thinking about what she had been doing there. She couldn't stay there forever, she had to get back to California to work, and start on her next book. She had people there she would miss, Brandon, friends...that hadn't really tried to keep in touch with her since she's been away. But she couldn't ask Lance to go with her either, he had too much here to just get up and go. She sighed and closed her eyes; maybe it would just go away.

She awoke again, a couple hours later to lips running lightly over her shoulder, to the side of her neck. It sent chills down her spin, and she kinda moaned and stretched herself out, and realized she was in Lance's arms. She giggled
"Good morning" he said
"Morning" she said "What time is it?"
"Almost 10:00" he said looking at his watch
She groaned sleepily "You know, you're gonna have to leave soon" she said
"And why is that?" he asked
"Cause my parents don't know we're together" she said
"So tell them" he said with a smile

She turned and faced him, and they tangled their legs together. Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, as he held her close holding her waist.
“I will tell them…but they can’t know we’re sleeping together” she smiled
He laughed, and moved into kiss her lips. She groaned feeling his lips touch hers and she kissed him back, then broke it.
“So when are you gonna tell them?” he asked
She laughed “Lance…I will…” she said
“Okay…” he said kinda pouting as he pulled her closer
She smiled, as she put their faces together. She took her arms from around his neck, and put a hand on each side of his face rubbing his cheeks with her thumbs.
“So, does this mean we’re together?” he asked
She laughed “What do you think?” she asked
“Hmm” he said
She watched him, and smiled then kissed his head then untangled her legs from his.
“C’mon, I’ll make breakfast then you gotta go” she said

She rolled out of bed, and grabbed her robe sticking it on. Lance laid on his side watching her, as she sat on the edge of the bed putting her hair up. Why did he ever let her go? He knew why; why he let her catch him with April. She walked out of the room, and Lance rubbed his face in frustration as he lay on his back. He then got out of bed and packed up his stuff after getting dressed and then headed out to the kitchen to help her with breakfast.

~*~

Soon it was time to go home. Lance said good-bye to Jocelyn, and then headed home. He had some papers to grade, and stuff to do. As he drove home he thought about that party, where he had made the biggest mistake of his life.

*Flash Back*

Lance sat in the secluded room in the back of the house where the party was being held. The biggest party of the season; for graduating seniors, it should be the best party ever. He sat down on the bed, and ran his hands through his hair taking a deep breath. He could not believe he was doing this, why was he doing this? Before he could think about it anymore, the door opened and a figure walked in. Lance stood up looking at him.

“You ready?” he asked
Lance sighed “Yea…I guess” he said
“OK, April’s going to come in, she’s in on it so she knows what’s going on, I’ll leave and keep the door half opened. Jocelyn’s in the bathroom…so she should be walking down the hall any minute after she asks Ally where you are. By that time…you guys should be in the mode ok?” the figure said
Lance shook his head “And when do I get my half of the deal?” he asked
“Tomorrow…I’ll drop it off” he said
Lance nodded, and took a deep breath again looking at the figure.
“Why do you want me to do this?” Lance asked
“She can’t stay here…and throw away her life…” the figure said “You know what will happen if she does…she needs to get out there…and live life”
“And she can…why can’t I be there with her?” Lance asked
“You know why…” he said
With that the door opened again, April walked in and looked at the two figures
“She just walked into the bathroom” she said
Lance sighed, and the figure rubbed his hands together
“OK, I let him in on the plan already” he said
“Ok” April said and walked in, taking off her shoes. She looked up at Lance and noticed how nervous he was. His breathing was becoming raged, and his cheeks were flushed.
“You sure you want to do this?” she asked him
He looked at her, then at the figure and nodded slowly.
“It’s to help her” Lance said
She shrugged then looked at the figure. She then turned to Lance, and smiled. She walked over to him, and wrapped her arms around his waist.
“Don’t think about it” she said,

She brought his face down, and pressed her lips to his. It took him awhile, but he soon got into it and groaned kissing her back. She smiled knowing he was getting into it, and began to take off his shirt moving him towards the bed. The figure watched them, and then smirked. He then walked towards the door, and left it open a crack as he walked out towards the living room where everyone was dancing. The rest happened in a blur to Lance, the next thing he knew he saw Jocelyn’s horror stricken face as she walked in on them.

*End Of Flash Back*

Lance shook his head free of the flash back, as he reached his house. Cocoa was barking from inside the house, and Lance smiled as he grabbed his bag and headed towards the house. He opened the door and was almost knocked over as Cocoa practically pounced on him. He laughed rubbing her head
“I know I know; I’m sorry I left you” he said to her rubbing her belly as she laid on her back in front of his feet.
“Come on I bet you’re hungry” he said and walked to the kitchen
She followed, wagging her tail; her ‘daddy’ was home.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story