Chapter 22: Remembering

Josh was in his mansion, trying to find something to keep himself busy before Jordana showed up. He walked down the stairs, freshly showered and threw on a pair of jeans, and a plain white t-shirt. His hair slick back from being wet and he was barefoot. As he walked into the huge kitchen he realized this house was too big for him. When Jocelyn was here it was perfect, now it's huge. He went to the fridge and grabbed a beer popping open the bottle and taking a swig. He then walked out onto the back porch that looked out over the ocean. He sat down on the lounge chair, and looked out at the sun set. The sea breeze blew across his face, and he closed his eyes taking it in. Jocelyn loved the beach, he remembered her telling him about her first time she ever saw it, and she knew it was where she wanted to live. They spent some wonderful times here, just the two of them. He remembered their first time, they had ever made love it was magical and emotional.

*Flashback*

Jocelyn and Josh hadn't seen each other in awhile, they had been dating for 1 1/2 years and it had been great. When they were together it was like they had never been apart; though they were both very busy people. Josh had continued his acting and was on location, while Jocelyn was completing a book tour. Josh was on a break now, and had gone home for a couple days. He never realized how much he missed Jocelyn until he came home to this empty house. He threw his bag down by the stairs and walked into the kitchen. There was a pile of mail sitting on the island that was collected by one of his friends while he was away on location and when Jocelyn couldn't do it. He went and opened the fridge and sighed, nothing. He went into the living room with his mail, and turned on the TV and began sorting through his mail. Soon there was a knock on the door, and he got up confused, who could that be now. Jocelyn stood there, a duffle bag in hand, dressed in a black business suit, make-up done and hair up, she looked like she had just come from a book signing. She smiled, squealing and dropped her bag and jumped into his arms.

"Baby!" he laughed hugging her back, twirling her around
He put her down, and she had her arms wrapped around his neck as she brought him down into a kiss.
"I missed you" she mumbled against his lips
"Mmm me too" he said back
They broke the kiss, and Jocelyn walked into the house throwing her bag next to his by the stairs. They walked into the living room, cuddling on the couch.
"So what are you doing?" She asked
"Jus goin threw mail..." he replied "and thinking about you"
She looked at him, and smiled as she reached up and kissed his lips lightly. He hugged her tightly to his chest, completely relaxed, and started to kiss the back of her neck. She smiled, but moved her neck.
"Don't do that" she laughed "I smell...can I take a shower?"
He laughed "Do you have to ask" he said and stood up with her

They went up the stairs to the bedroom, where he set up some towels for her to shower. He was unpacking while she went to take a shower. He went and opened the balcony doors letting the breeze come in, as he put some things away that he had brought with him. About 45 minutes later, Jocelyn came back out of the bathroom. She had on shorts and one of his shirts; it was so long it didn't even look like she had shorts on under it, her hair wet as she combed it through. He looked up at her as she walked in, and licked his lips.

"You do this to torture me don't you?" he asked smiling
She looked up at him, and grinned as she walked towards him and hugged him tightly throwing the brush on the bed. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as he wrapped his around her waist. They kissed passionately, as Josh's hands roamed under her shirt up her back caressing her skin. Jocelyn groaned as she kissed him back, her hands playing with the hair on the back of his head. Josh moved them towards the bed, and laid Jocelyn down. She broke the kiss quickly,
"Ow ow" she groaned and lifted herself up, and reached under grabbing the brush she had laid on.
Josh laughed "You ok?" he asked
She nodded, and tossed the brush to the ground. He laid over her, as they stretched out on the bed, and he looked down at her.
"I love you so much" he said, as he ran a hand through her semi wet hair
She looked up at him, and smiled "I love you too" she said
She rubbed her thumb against his cheek, and then ran a hand through his hair too just admiring his face. He smiled and kissed her head, moving down to her cheeks, then down her neck, lightly sucking behind her ear. Jocelyn closed her eyes, sighing at the incredible feeling of his lips on her skin. His hands continued to roam under her shirt, he was now rubbing her stomach lightly, his fingers tracing where the shorts began lightly rubbing the skin there. Though Jocelyn was enjoying the attention; her brain had a million and one thoughts running through it. She had only done this one other time, and that was 5 years ago with a man she thought she would be with forever. As things were getting hot and heavy, Jocelyn began to freak out. She broke the hot steamy kiss with Josh,

"Josh..." she said trying to get his attention, as she panted afraid.
He noticed the scared tone in her voice, and looked down at her concerned
"What's wrong?" he asked
She was trying to calm down, her face was sticky with sweat, and tears were starting to develop in her eyes. He put a hand on each side of her face, kissing the tears away and moving her hair.
"You ok?" he asked
"I...I..." she started and stopped
He watched her concerned.
"I've only done this one time..." she said quietly "With him..."
Josh knew who "him" was; she had told him the story about it in the first couple months of their relationship.
"We don't have to do anything you don't want too" he said
She looked up at him, how she could ever be so lucky, she didn’t know.
"Maybe if I get some air" she said

He nodded, and got up, helping her stand. He grabbed the cover from his bed, and walked out to the balcony. Josh set down the blankets and put some pillows there moving the chairs inside. They sat down on the padded little bed, Jocelyn sitting in-between his legs, as he hugged her close and they looked out at the moon, hearing the ocean waves crash against the shore. She leaned against his chest, sinking into his arms. She had nothing to be scared of, especially from Josh. He had proven to her millions of times that he wouldn't take advantage of her; maybe she should give him this one. She did love him, and knew he loved her too. After awhile, she turned and looked up at him, he looked down at her and smiled.

"Better now?" he asked
She smiled "Yes..." she said "Thank you for not rushing me..."
He smiled "I would never" he said
She smiled and reached up to kiss him, he kissed her back passionately. Finally she turned so they were facing each other, as brought him down on top of her on the covers. He laid over her, as he put the covers over them, and again his hands roamed her back, and stomach. They broke the kiss once again and Josh looked down at her.
"You sure you want to do this?" he asked
She nodded, "Yes...I love you" she replied
He smiled "And I love you" he said
They spent the night there, under the stars, the waves crashing against the shore under them, the sea breeze blowing. It was really a night to remember.

*End of Flashback*

Josh broke out of the flashback, with a deep breath as the door bell rang. He blinked, it took him awhile to realize it was the door and he got up quickly going to answer it. Jordana stood there with a smile, opening her arms for a hug.

"Jordy!" he said with a laugh pulling her into a hug
She laughed hugging him back "Hey Joshy, what's going on?"
She walked into the house, and he closed the door behind her.
"You want something to drink, or eat?" he asked
She took off her leather jacket, and hung it up on the coat rack by the door, along with her purse
"No thanks" she said "Why don't you tell me what this is about?"
He sighed and brought her out onto the back porch where he had been sitting. She sat down in the chair next to him, as he took another swig of his beer.
"Well... like I said on the phone" he started "I want you to go down to Mississippi, and seduce Lance for me...to help Jocelyn see what a creep he is"
"How do you even know she's got a boyfriend?" she asked
"Well...my buddy Will is down there now" he replied "He's kinda spying on her for me"
"Spying?!" she said "You mean stalking!!"
He sighed and looked at her "Please Jordy, I got to get her back" he said
"There's better ways of doing it then this JC" she said "Ways that won't make you look like a creep"
"I've tried everything Jordana" he said "She's not taking anymore of my calls, she doesn't return my e-mails...I even tried to get Brandon to talk to her for me...he won't"
"With good reason I’m sure" she said
"This isn't helping Jordana" he said starting to get annoyed "I thought you wanted to help me!"
"I do want to help you!" she replied "But I don't want to be arrested"
He was quiet as he took another drink of his beer. She looked at him, then out at the horizon.
"Maybe there is better for you out there Josh" she said "If you have to fight this hard...maybe she isn't the one"
"But she is!" he said "I can't live without her... I’m dying everyday she's not with me"
"If she felt the same...do you think she would still be apart from you?" Jordana asked him
He was starting to get frustrated
"Look Jordana, either you want to help me or not" he said standing up, running a hand through his hair "I don't need some advice...I need to start taking action"

Jordana stayed quiet again as she looked at him, then out at the horizon, watching the sun start to set. She got up and leaned against the railing of the porch and looked out at the ocean. Josh went over and stood next to her, he too leaning against the railing, as he looked out at the crashing waves.

"Things shouldn't be this hard" he started to say "But all I know, is that I can't live without her, I’m not the same and people have told me so"
She looked at him, she loved him. He was her first real friend when she came out here to LA, to be a "movie star" and he had stuck by her all this time. She couldn't help but develop feelings for him, but he had been with Jocelyn then. And he was still in love with her now. She moved closer to his side, and put an arm around his waist, leaning her head on his shoulder. He put his arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to him.
"JC" she said as she looked up at him,
He looked down at her,
"Maybe you just haven't found the right person to move on with..." she suggested

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling his face towards her and brought him into a deep kiss. Josh shocked at first, but surprised at how much he was enjoying the kiss from his really good friend, he kissed her back, as his arms wrapped around her waist, and he leaned her up against the railing. They stayed in the steamy kiss, not realizing who was watching down below. After awhile they broke the kiss, both panting and Jordana looked into Josh's eyes, as she rubbed her hand across his cheek. He knew what she was thinking, as he looked back into her chocolate brown eyes, he leaned down and brought her into another kiss, as he moved them into the house laying her down on the couch, with himself on top of her.

~*~

As soon as Will hung up the phone with JC, he sighed and lay down across the bed on his back. How was he going to keep up this charade of being a photo journalist, he couldn't even write that well. He sighed and covered his eyes with his arm; this was not going to be good. After a few minutes he got up, and went through the drawers to find an outfit for the day then into the bathroom to take a shower. After he was freshly changed he connected his computer, and sent over those pictures of Jocelyn and Lance with an attached message about calling him ASAP. After that he disconnected all his computer stuff and put it away. Taking his camera he realized....Lance might want to see some of his work. He had to get ride of the pictures of Jocelyn and Lance, that won't go over well. He went and replaced the memory card with a new one, sticking the one with the other pictures in his suit case. He now had to go around town and take pictures of some homes and landscape. So he loaded his camera, grabbed his wallet and keys and headed out to take some pictures.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story