Chapter 24: Caught Up

Jordana woke up early the next morning, not because she wanted to, but because the sun was blaring in through the curtains of the hotel room. She tried to hide her face under the blankets and get back to sleep, but it was no use. She took the covers off her, and looked over at Will he was still fast asleep, but then again he had been out here for a month already. She sat up and looked around waking herself up, before she grabbed an outfit for the day and went to the bathroom to change. She came out, sticking on her shoes and grabbing the room key before heading out the door. She decided she would let Will sleep, and go get them some breakfast. She walked out of the room, hissing at the brightness and put on her sun glasses as she looked around the area for some place she could get some breakfast from. She saw the Corner Store, and headed down that way. There weren't that many people out right now, it was only about 8:30. She walked into the store, hearing the bell ring above the door, and Justin who was sitting at the counter, with his coffee obviously tired, turned to her.

"Good morning, can I help you?" He asked, not noticing her around there before
"Oh um" she smiled "Do you have like some kind of Danish, or pastry or something?" she questioned
Justin smiled "Right down aisle 3," he replied pointing to the aisle
She smiled "Thanks" she headed down that way

Justin watched her as she walked down the aisle, confused. Jordana walked down the aisle looking up and down the shelves and saw a packet of Danish; she grabbed it, then went to the refrigerator section and grabbed two small orange juices. She headed back up to the counter, and put the things down. Justin sat up and started to ring her up.

"Did you find everything ok?" He asked
She smiled “Yes, thank you" she replied
"I've never seen you around here are you new?" he asked
"Oh well, its business mostly" she replied
"Yea, what kind?" He asked knowing he was being nosy but he didn't care
She laughed "I don’t know if you know him, but I came to help out Will on the demo he's doing" she said
"Oh right Will, he's doing that demo on Lance's house" Justin said nodding
"That's right" she said "You a close friend?"
"I'm really good friends with his girlfriend Jocelyn" he replied "Lance and I, well he have some differences"
"I see..." she replied
He rang up her things "Totals $4.50" he said
She got out her money that was in her purse, and took out a 5 dollar bill. Justin took it, and put it into the register giving her 50 cents back, and her receipt.
"There you go, have a good day" he said with a smile
She smiled back, putting her change and recipe into her purse, the bag of stuff and walked out back towards the INN. Justin watched her as she left, thinking...something wasn't right.

~*~

Jocelyn woke up that morning, opening her eyes slowly feeling around the bed. She groaned and knew that Lance wasn't there because he had to work. She sighed and put her head in the pillow, groaning sleepily. She decided to spend the night last night, since it was late when Will left already. She just hated the fact that Lance wouldn't be there in the morning, when she woke up. She needed to find something to do, to fill her time because she was beginning to get bored outta her mind. She finally lifted her head from the pillows and lay on her back, blinking trying to wake up. She looked at the space next to her, and noticed a single carnation flower with a note attached. She smiled, and reached over taking the flower, and smiling it. Then picking up the note,

"Sorry I had to leave you today...I got you something though...it's downstairs on the kitchen table. Love you. See you later Love Lance"

Jocelyn smiled and threw the covers off herself, grabbing the spare blanket and wrapping it around her, and rushed down the stairs barefoot. She ran to the dinning room, where the table was, and there was a state of the art lap top. She gasped and rushed over to it, sitting on the chair and opening it, and turned it on. She spent the morning messing with the lap top looking at the features, connecting to the internet, etc. At about 10:30am, the phone rang and she rushed over to answer it, knowing exactly who it was.

"I love it, I love it, I love it" Jocelyn squealed
Lance laughed "So I take it you got the present" he replied
Jocelyn laughed "Thank you so much, you didn't have to do that"
"I know, but I wanted to" he said "To give you something to do while I’m at work"
She smiled "Well I owe you then, because this is jus too much"
"It's cause I love you Jocelyn, that's why" he said
"I love you too" she said, knowing she actually did "Where are you right now?"
"It's nutrition" he said "So I’m in the class"
Jocelyn smiled "Sounds fun"
"Yea, I should be home at regular time, but I gotta work on the house so Will can get outta here" he said
"Yea, he seems kinda lonely huh?" she said
"Yea"
"Well, I’ll clean up and head home then, to visit with my parents, maybe talk to Allyson or Justin"
"Okay" he said a little disappointed that she was going to have to leave "I better go, the bells going to ring"
"Alright, I'll talk to you later okay?"
"Alright, call me later" he said
"Ok, I love you" she said
"Love you"

She hung up and decided to start getting dressed for the day or else she would be in her PJs all day. She put her stuff away, and made the bed, cleaning up a little bit. She grabbed her package of mail, her purse, and keys, left some food for Cocoa then got into her truck and headed back into town, stopping at her moms shop to visit.

~*~

Jordana walked back to the room opening the door quietly not knowing if Will was awake or not. She put the bag of goodies on the table with her keys and took off her shoes. Will was still sound asleep in the bed. Jordana went to her suitcase to grab a book, to read until Will woke up. At about 10:00, she decided it was time for him to wake up. She went to his bedside, and shook him a little.

"Will" she whispered "Wake up"
He groaned, Jordana smiled and took the covers off him.
"C'mon, it's 10:00" she said "And I even got you breakfast"
He turned and lay on his back, and blinked trying to wake up. Jordana sat down next to him.
"Sleep good?" she asked
He nodded "Yea," he yawned "I needed that"
Jordana smiled, she then got up and got him his Danish and OJ
"I met Justin" Jordana replied
Will looked at her confused as he took a bite of his Danish
"How'd you do that?" he asked chewing
"When I went to the Corner store to get breakfast, he was there, does he own it or something?" she asked
"His dad does" he replied "And don't think about hitting on him"
"What?" she asked surprised that he would even think about it
Will watched her knowing she was thinking about it
She laughed "Okay, why?" she asked
"He's gay" Will said "His boyfriend is Jack, and they've been together for awhile"
"Hmm" Jordana said
Will stuffed the rest of the Danish into his mouth, and drank some OJ
"So, what else do I need to know?" Jordana asked
"Okay well, hand me my bag" Will said pointing to the messenger bag by the door
Jordana did so, and Will whipped his hands on a napkin. Jordana put the bag on the bed, and Will took out the envelope with the pictures that Josh had give him, plus some that he had taken.
"Here's Jocelyn" he said "I'm sure you know"
Jordana nodded, and took the picture getting a better look at her. Will took out the pictures of Joey, Justin, and finally Lance.
"So that's the guy I have to flirt with?" Jordana asked
Will nodded "He's the high school music teacher, he's got a chocolate lab puppy named Cocoa, and he's building that house that I’m doing the ‘story’ on"
"He's cute no wonder she's with him" Jordana replied
"Yea, don't tell Josh that, he'll kill you" Will said
Jordana shrugged "So, what do you have to do?" she asked
"I got to get this story started about his house, a demo article" he said, then took out his notepad "Here's all the info on his house, and stuff"
Jordana looked through it "Well we should get started right?"
He nodded "Yea, I’m supposed to go over on Sunday afternoon to get the final pictures" he said
"That's so far away" she replied
"I know" he laughed "I need the time believe me"
She laughed, "Well go get dressed and we'll get started on this article, then we’ll take a break and you can take me to lunch" she said
He rolled his eyes, as he got outta bed and went to change for the day and start the 'demo'.

~*~

Jocelyn spent the afternoon with her mom, and then went over to Allyson to visit a little with her and Jenee. They talked about what was going to happen later on, if Jocelyn was going to leave, and what not. Jocelyn still had no idea; she didn't know what she was going to do. She knew she had to go back to work, because...it's what she did. She showed Allyson the article about Josh, and Allyson told her it was probably for the best. They talked for awhile then Jocelyn headed home; she showered, changed, ate a snack, and then had a talk with Brandon. She was sitting in her room, lying on her bed with her head against her head board.

"So, how are things there B?" she asked
"Okay..." he replied "Kinda lonely"
"Aww you miss me?"
"Of course I do, when are you coming home?"
Jocelyn was quiet, this seemed more like her home then California ever did.
“I don’t know Brandon” she replied “I don’t feel like California is my home anymore”
“What??” Brandon asked surprised “Of course it is, I’m here”
Jocelyn smiled; she could tell he was pouting on the other end.
“B…” she started
“Come on Jocelyn, you can’t change your whole life because you’ve fallen back in love with your high school sweetheart” Brandon replied
“Why not?” she asked
There was silence.
“What about me?” he asked, he was hurt
“Come visit me” Jocelyn said “I could introduce you to all my family and friends…they all want to meet you”
“But in the end, I’ll be going back to California”
Jocelyn sighed “That’s right” she said
“So that’s your decision then?” he asked “You’re going to write in Mississippi, and leave everyone back here?”
“Everyone who B?” she asked “You’re the only one who actually called me, and was worried about me when I left…I haven’t gotten any calls from anyone else”
“People are busy Jocelyn” Brandon said making excuses
“Busy for a 5 minute conversation Brandon?” she asked “No one really cared about me in California…no one but you”
“Aren’t I enough?” He asked
“Then I'd go home…and I’m alone” she said “Alone with my thoughts driving myself crazy”
“So move in with me and Steven” he said “We’d love to have a women around”
Jocelyn laughed “B…” she said “I can’t”
“So that’s it…you’re going to stay there forever?” he asked
“I don’t know yet” she replied “So don’t be going around telling everyone…it’ll be in STAR next week”
He laughed “Did you ever get that?” he asked
“Yea…yesterday” she said “Something huh?”
“Yea…” Brandon said “You don’t have to worry about him now”
“Yea…” Jocelyn said
“Aren’t you happy?” he asked
“Sure” she said
“Alright J, I got to go…more things to do before I head home” he said
“OK” Jocelyn said “Talk to you later”
“Bye Jocelyn”
“Bye”

Jocelyn pressed the off button on her phone, and laid it next to her as she looked up at the ceiling of her bedroom. Brandon would die if she stayed out here, but she would die if she left.

~*~

After spending sometime at home getting showered and changed, and doing some writing and reading Jocelyn decided to head back into town to visit Justin and get a care package together for Will. She left a note for her parents and headed back into town to the Corner Store. She parked in front, then got out and walked inside. Justin was at the counter ringing up a customer, when he heard the bell from the door ring and he turned.

"Hey Jocelyn" he said
She smiled "Hey" she said
She walked to the other side of the customer waiting for him to finish. Justin handed the change and receipt to the guy.
"Thank you, have a good day" Justin said
The man walked out, and Jocelyn leaned on the counter.
"Long time no see Jus" Jocelyn said
"I know, where've you been?" he asked
Jocelyn gasped "Me?!" she questioned laughing
He laughed "Yea you, I've been here" he said
She smiled, and leaned over and kisses his cheek.
"What're you doing here?" he asked
"What? can't a girl visit her best friend when she wants to" she asked innocently
He laughed "A girl can...but you can't..." he said
She giggled "No, I’m thinkin about getting a care package together for Will" she said "He seems kinda lonely lately...and I thought I’d do something to cheer him up"
"I think there's already someone for that" Justin said
Jocelyn looked at him confused "What?" she asked
"This woman came in this morning, and she said she was working with him on the story about Lance's house" Justin said
"Really?" She asked, looking out the window across the street at the INN
"Jealous?" Justin questioned
"What?" Jocelyn asked shocked "Why would I be?"
"Oh I don't know..." Justin said batting his eyes
Jocelyn laughed "Jus...you're so weird" he said
"I know, but you love me for it" he said
She smiled, then stood up straight "So what should I get this guy?" she asked
"Hmm...well if you were away from California for a month...what would you like?" he asked
She looked at him "Was that a hint??" she questioned
"What?" he asked "No way...I don't want you to go back"
Jocelyn smiled, and then looked around at the store. "Hmm...some magazines, books...treats?" she questioned
"Beer" Justin said laughing

Jocelyn laughed, she then started going around the store picking out little snacks and things for him while Justin cleaned up around the store. About an hour later, after visiting with Justin and getting a little basket of goodies together for Will Jocelyn said good-bye, and headed across the street towards the INN. Jocelyn took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, a woman answered the door. She looked at Jocelyn like she knew her (because in fact she kind of did),

"Hi...can I help you?" she asked noticing the basket of goodies
"Oh um...is Will here?" Jocelyn asked smiling
"Um, he's actually working on his paper" Jordana said
"Jordana, it's alright" came Will's voice, as he stepped up behind her.
"Hey Jocelyn, what's going on?" Will said with a smile
Jocelyn smiled "Hi...I jus came by to give you this..." she said handing him the basket of goodies
"Oh wow" Will said taking it from her, looking at it.
Jocelyn smiled "Lance and I figured you're getting kinda home sick... so" she said with a shrug
Will smiled and hugged her "Thanks so much" he said
With that Jordana fake coughed, getting their attention.
"Oh right, Jocelyn this is Jordana" he said "She's going to helping me write my demo"
"Nice to meet you" Jocelyn said with a smile
Jordana smiled back "You too..."
"Jocelyn is Lance's girlfriend" Will said
"Oh...so your boyfriend is the one who owns the home right?" she asked
"That's right" Jocelyn said
"I've seen some of the pictures...it looks like it's coming along great" Jordana said
Jocelyn smiled "Yea" she said "He's been working on it for a long time"
They talked for awhile, and then Jocelyn decided to let Will get back to writing.
"Well, I’ll see ya'll later ok?" Jocelyn said smiling
"Ok Jocelyn, see you Sunday" he said
"It was nice meeting you" Jocelyn said shaking Jordana's hand
"Like wise" Jordana said

Jocelyn walked to her car, which was in the Corner Store parking lot, and waved to them as she drove off. Jordana looked at Will, and nudged him as he watched Jocelyn drive off.

"She seems nice" Jordana said
"Yea, she's great" Will said "She always has been, even with Josh"
"Yea..." Jordana said, with a sigh
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questons? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story