Chapter 26: Going Forward

Lance lay awake as the sun started to come up over the tree tops. Jocelyn laid fast asleep, her head on his chest and arm wrapped around his stomach. Lance ran his hands down her back, and through her hair kissing her head lightly. He could not believe she said yes, she was going to stay there with him forever. He wondered if she had already known she would, and talked it over with her parents or if she just decided it the second he asked. Things were going to be different now, he was going to be the man she needed, and he was going to take care of her forever. He smiled as he leaned down to kiss her head lightly, thinking about the day ahead of them. Will and Jordana (Jocelyn had told him about her when they had met), were coming to finish up the article, then it would be just the two of them (after the big BBQ of course). Lance looked down at her again, and leaned down to kiss her head once more. With that Jocelyn groaned sleepily, hiding her face in Lance's chest, her eyes starting to flutter open. Lance watched her quietly, as he rubbed her back softly. Jocelyn turned and looked up at him, and yawned.

"Hey..." she said, her voice sleepy
He smiled, and leaned down to run kisses across her head "Hi" he said
"What time is it?" She asked sleepily
Lance looked at the window, and smiled "Time to watch the sun come up" he said
Jocelyn moved her eyes towards the window as well, laying her head on Lance's chest. She put his arms around him, snuggling into them.
"Oh wow" she said watching the sun come up over the trees
Lance smiled "And we can do this everyday if you want too" he said
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned up towards his face, and pressed her lips to his. Lance rubbed her cheek with his hand, as he kissed her back. They broke the kiss, and Jocelyn leaned her head back against his chest. They laid there for awhile before Lance spoke up.
"We got to get the day started" Lance replied
"I know," she groaned hiding her face "Church, clean up, interview, then the big BBQ tonight"
Lance smiled "Are we going to have Will and Jordana stay for that?"
"Yea if you want them too" Jocelyn said
Lance smiled, and hugged her close "I could stay like this forever" he said
Jocelyn smiled "Me too" she replied
Lance smiled and watched her, his life was becoming complete.

~*~

Later that morning, Will woke up to the alarm and shut it off quickly. He turned and looked to see Jordana fast asleep. They had that interview today, and then maybe Will could go home. Jordana helped him all week with the article. It actually came out normal, he was thinking about actually submitting it; maybe to a travel magazine or something. Will got up and walked into the bathroom to shower and change. When he came out Jordana was just waking up.

"C'mon Jordy" Will said "We've got the interview at 12:00"
She groaned and sat up, pulling the covers off herself.
"What are you so happy about?" she mumbled
"Cause after this I can go home" Will replied laughing

Jordana shook her head as she walked into the bathroom with her clothes. Will went to his camera bag, to re-load the digital with new batteries, getting it ready. 45 minutes later, Jordana walked back out, she was looking stylish in some tight low rise denim jeans, a tight low cut top, and her black boots. Her make up and hair done. Will looked up at her.

"Wow" he replied
She smiled "You think this will get his attention?" she asked
He nodded "You still gonna go through with it?" he asked
"Why else would I be dressed like this?" she asked
"They're really happy together Jordana" Will said "You'll see..."
She shrugged "I came out here to do something for Josh, and I plan on going through with it" she said
"But she's happy here" he replied "It will only hurt him more when she doesn't come back"
"If he wants to be hurt, then that's his own doing" Jordana said
"But, you don't want to see him hurt" Will stated

Jordana looked at him, her eyes kinda big. Will knew she was in love with Josh, he had known since the first time they met on Days, Josh and Jordana did after all play love interest. Will jus didn't know she was still in love with him. Will went back to packing his bag as Jordana looked at herself once more in the mirror. A few minutes later, they were ready to go. They got into Will's Jeep and headed to Lance's house.

"Now be nice Jordy" Will warned
"I'm always nice" Jordana said with a smile
"Yea" Will said "I'm sure Jocelyn has told Lance about you already"
Jordana looked out the window as they drove
"I think I would die in a small town" Jordana said "Why would she want to move back here?"
"Because her families here" he replied "She's been in California since she was 18, she'd rather be here"
Jordana looked at him "You like her don't you?" she asked
Will looked at her in shock "What? No!" he said
"Yes you do, why would you be taking her side over Josh?" she asked
"I'm not taking anyone's side" Will said "If this was me I would want them to leave me the f*ck alone"
Jordana looked at him, suspicious "Relax Will you're getting involved"
Will sighed "I am not, I'm ready to go home" he said "You don't understand..."

Jordana looked out the window again. The rest of the drive to Lance's was quiet, there defiantly was tension. A few minutes later they reached the house. Jordana got out of the Jeep, her mouth open in shock. (http://www.jadhomes.com/House-Blue-Prints-New-England-Style-Homes.jpg)

“Wow!” she said
“Nice huh?” Will said reaching into the back to grab his bag
“Yea, he built this himself?” Jordana asked
“With some friends, Joey and Jack” Will said
At that moment Cocoa came to the screen door and looked out, seeing the two people she started barking.
“That’s Cocoa” Will said “She doesn’t like me very much”
Jordana laughed, they both started walking towards the front door where Cocoa continued to bark.
“Da puppy!” Jordana said making little cute noises,
Then Lance came into view standing behind Cocoa.
“Cocoa knock it off!” he said
Cocoa stopped and looked up at him; Lance then opened the screen door
“You’d think he’d be used to you by now” Lance said
Will laughed “Yea… you’d think” he said
Jordana was already crouched down petting Cocoa, who was pawing at her loving all the attention she was getting.
“Lance, this is Jordana” Will said “She came out to help me finish up, my boss seems to think I need her”
Lance laughed, and Jordana stood up and smiled shaking his hand
"Hey there" she said winking at him
He smiled "Why don't you two come inside" he said moving out of the doorway
Jordana walked in first, Will following.
"Jocelyn's just changing into comfy clothes" Lance said "We just came back from church"
Jordana and Will walked into the house looking around, both amazed.
"Wow" they both said at the same time
Lance smiled "You like it?" he asked
"It's wonderful" Jordana said
Will was already getting his camera out, and handed the bag to Jordana
"You guys got it all done yesterday?" Will asked, as he took a picture of the high ceiling.
Lance nodded "Yea, and I'm real happy with it" he said

With that Jocelyn came down the stairs. She was just in casual jeans and a shirt with slip on shoes. Jordana looked up at her; even in casual clothes she looked great.

"Hey guys" she said as she reached the landing
"Hey Jocelyn" Will said with a smile, as he put the camera around his neck
Jocelyn went and stood by Lance's side as she took his hand.
"So, are we ready to get this done?" Will asked, as he went into his bag to take out a note pad for Jordana so scribble some stuff down.
"Yea" Lance said "Where do you want to start?"
"Um let's start here, we'll do the down stairs, the upstairs, and then around the outside of the house" Will suggested "Sound good?"
Lance nodded "Sounds fine" he replied

With that they started their tour. Lance walked through each room explaining some things that Jordana would write down. Jocelyn followed behind, not wanting to be in the way. They spent a few hours doing this, Will taking plenty of pictures, Jordana flirting nonchalantly with Lance as she took notes. After awhile, Jocelyn went out back to sit on the porch swing with Cocoa, to relax before she had to start preparing for the BBQ. Something was fishy about this Jordana girl. She looked so familiar, like Will did when he first came here. She didn't want to be jealous over something like this but she was. Lance had been unfaithful once before, though they were kids back then. A few minutes later she heard laughter and heard the back door open. Lance walked out with Jordana practically hanging on him. Will came out last, watching Jordana; his expression a little POed. Will turned and saw Jocelyn watching Lance and Jordana. He walked towards her, and she looked at him.

"How'd it go?" she asked trying to play off the fact that she had been staring at Lance
Will leaned his back against the railing facing her; his camera hanging around his neck, and he crossed his arms.
"Good" he replied "Your office looks great"
Jocelyn turned her attention back to Lance and Jordana as they talked and laughed and started walking around the outside of the house.
"I'll talk to her" Will said
"Huh?" Jocelyn said looking at Will shocked he was watching her still.
He laughed "I know what you're thinking, and I'll talk to her about it" he said
Jocelyn blushed "I know it's stupid of me...but it's happened before...I jus don't want to be hurt again"
"I understand" Will said

They were both silent for awhile, before Will got an idea. He lifted up his camera and started taking pictures of the back of the house. Jocelyn included in them. Jocelyn heard the clicking of the camera, and looked right at him as he snapped a picture of her. She smiled.

"What are you doing?" she asked giggling
He laughed "Just be natural” he said

Jocelyn then ignored the camera as she played with Cocoa. Will moved down to the ground and took pictures of the patio, up-stairs balcony, and some of Jocelyn relaxing on the porch swing. Soon Lance and Jordana came back from their journey around the house. Lance then noticed Will, and saw that he was taking pictures...of Jocelyn.

"Hey!" Lance called not trying to sound upset
Jocelyn looked at him, as did Will
"You guys gonna stay for the BBQ?" Lance asked
"BBQ?" Will asked
"Yea, a little celebration with some friends, for the completion of the house" Lance said
"Sounds fun" Jordana squealed "That okay Will?"
Will looked at Jocelyn, she shrugged
"Sure" he replied
Jocelyn sighed, then stood up "I should get started" she replied
"I'm going to take Jordana around the woods okay?" Lance asked
Jocelyn nodded "Okay" she said
"Need help?" Will asked Jocelyn
She smiled "Sure, thanks" she replied

They walked into the house, while Lance took Jordana around. Jocelyn went to the kitchen to wash her hands before getting started. Will went to put his camera away and washed his hands as well. Jocelyn had him get started on the salad, while she marinated the meat, and making the potato salad, there was also veggies, garlic bread, that they needed to get ready along with a cooler of drinks. Soon, there was a knock on the door, and then the door opened. Allyson, Joey, and Jenee walked into the house.

"Hello!" Joey called
"In the kitchen!" Jocelyn called back
Little feet came padding their way into the kitchen, as Jenee came flying in, Allyson and Joey quickly following.
"Aunt Jocyn!" she squealed
Jocelyn smiled, and bent down to pick her up as she flew into her arms.
"Hey Jenee" she said kissing her head "How are you?"
"Hungee" Jenee said innocently
Jocelyn laughed "We'll be eating soon" she said
"Hey Will, nice to see you" Joey said shaking his hand
"You too" Will replied
"Where's Lance?" Joey asked
"He's taking Jordana for a walk" Jocelyn replied trying not to sound upset
Allyson looked at Joey; he took it as a hint to go fine him. He and Will walked out back, while Allyson stayed with Jocelyn in the kitchen to help out.
"So, who is this Jordana chick anyway?" Allyson asked as she put Jenee down at the kitchen table with some toys
Jocelyn shrugged "She works with Will I guess" she said "She came out to help him finish up"
"Is she causing trouble?" Allyson asked as she washed her hands
Jocelyn shrugged; Allyson dried her hands on a towel
"He's just excited someone is interested in the house" Jocelyn said making excuses
"Why are you excusing him from this?" Allyson asked
"I..." Jocelyn replied "I don't want to loss him again Allyson"
Allyson watched her "But, if you let him get away with it...he'll keep doing it" she said

Jocelyn continued to work on the food, these thoughts floating in her mind. Soon, other people started to show up: The Fatone’s, Jocelyn’s parents, Allyson's parents, Jack, and Justin (with Justin's family), etc.

~*~

Joey walked down the trail, with Will close behind him. You could hear the laughter of Jordana coming from up ahead. Joey knew what was going on, whether Lance wanted to believe it for not. He knew it the moment he heard Jordana was here, and knew what she was going to try to do. Up ahead he saw Jordana and Lance standing looking into the woods. Lance standing behind Jordana, pointing to something in the distance, Jordana contently snuggled into his arms as she looked at where his finger was pointing.

"Lance!" Joey called
Jordana and Lance kinda of jumped as they looked at Joey and Will.
"Hey Jo, when did you guys get here?" Lance said moving himself away from Jordana
"Not to long ago" Joey replied "What's going on?"
"Nothing..." Lance said "Just showing Jordana a few things"
"We should head back..." Joey said "It's getting late, and people are going to start arriving"

Lance nodded in response as he walked over to Joey, and they walked ahead of Will who stayed behind to walk with Jordana. As they walked back to the house, Will pulled Jordana back a little bit so they walked a little farther behind Lance and Joey who looked to be in deep conversation about something.

"What do you think you're doing?" Will said annoyed
Jordana looked at him confused "My job" she replied "Josh told me to come here and seduce Lance, and that's what I’m going to do"
Will looked at her "What is wrong with you?" he asked "Why??"
"Because Josh asked me too" she said "And unlike some people, I do favors for friends..."
"What?" Will asked "I did my favor...I got information on Lance, that's why he sent me here...and that's what I did"
Jordana shook her head "If she can't handle a little competition, then maybe she doesn't deserve anyone" she said
"How could you say that?" He asked "Why do you want them to break up anyway? you're the one who's in love with Josh"
"And he doesn't love me back" Jordana said "I want him to be happy...and if he's happy with Jocelyn...then he should be with Jocelyn"
"She's not happy with him!" Will replied, getting frustrated "Don't you see??"
"All I see...is that Josh’s plan is working" Jordana said "Now...please don't interrupt us again"

She then started to walk faster, to catch up to the guys who had been having the same kind of conversation.

~*~

Lance looked over at Joey weirdly, as he kind of held his arm walking faster then Will and Jordana who seemed to be slow down a bit.

"Jo...what's wrong?" Lance asked
"What the hell is wrong with you?" Joey asked, getting angry
Lance looked at him in confusion "What do you mean?"
"Why are you getting involved with that shit?" Joey asked "She's trying to seduce you, can't you see that?"
"Who? Jordana?" he asked, then shook his head "She's jus interested in the work...she does it for a living why wouldn't she be?"
"God, you're so blind!" Joey said "You left Jocelyn back at the house with Will, alone"
"And? Will isn't a threat" Lance said
"Don't you remember what I told you when we first met them?" Joey asked "He's not who he says he is"
"But he's doing this article, why would he go through all the trouble of interviewing and pictures if he wasn't going to do anything with them" Lance asked
"To play the part" Joey said "And he's not the main subject here... why are you going off with Jordana anyway?"
"She's interested in the house" Lance said "That's all"
"She looks at you like she's interested in more then that" Joey said
Lance rolled his eyes "And you think I'm paranoid" he said "Get a grip Jo"
"Tell Jocelyn that, because she is not happy about it either" Joey said
Lance sighed "We'll see...can we drop the subject now?" he said
"Whatever" Joey said

Even if he didn't want too, that's when Jordana came up beside Lance, and they started another conversation. Joey turned and looked back at Will, who shook his head and shrugged.

~*~

As the four reached the house, everything had basically been set up. Jeff, Matt, Joe Sr., and Randy were sitting around the table on the porch drinking beers and talking. Justin was sitting with Jack, and Jenee playing on the floor on a blanket with Cocoa, and some of Jenee's toys. The girls were assumed to be inside. Joey leaned into Lance as they got closer.

"I suggest you talk to Jocelyn..." he said "And don't wait..."
Lance nodded, "Introduce Jordana to everyone will you?" He whispered back
Joey gave a nod, and patted his back. With that Lance rushed off towards the house, greeting people as he walked by. Jordana watched him as he went, and was ready to follow him when Joey grabbed her hand.
"I'll introduce you to everyone Jordana" Joey said
Jordana looked at him, and gave a smile "Sure, thanks"
They walked up the porch, Will behind them.

Lance walked into the house, through the kitchen. He was greeted by all the women with hugs and kisses of course, before finding out Jocelyn went up stairs to find some more table clothes in the closet. He rushed up the stairs, and into the bedroom where Jocelyn was in the walk in closet, standing on a stool. Lance leaned on the side of the door, watching her.

"Find what you need?" He asked
Jocelyn gasped, as she turned and looked at him "Lance..." she sighed "Don't do that"
"I'm sorry" he said, and walked into the closet "They're right there in the corner" Lance pointed to a box
Jocelyn reached for them, and grabbed the box. She then got down off the stool and put the box on the floor opening it.
"Are you mad at me?" Lance asked, crossing his arms over his chest
Jocelyn looked up at him "Why would I be?" she asked
He sighed "You know this relationship isn't going to work unless we're honest with each other" he replied
Jocelyn huffed "Someone should take their own advice" she mumbled
"What's that supposed to mean" Lance replied
Jocelyn sighed, and looked up at him.
"Why were you acting like that?" Jocelyn asked
"Like what?" Lance asked confused
"Like..." Jocelyn sighed "Never mind"
She picked out some table clothes, then closed the box and put it back into the closet. She walked past Lance out to the bedroom, and Lance grabbed her arm.
"Joc...wait" he replied
Jocelyn watched him, looking down at his hand as it held onto her arm. Lance immediately let go of her arm, knowing he was about to cross a line.
"You know I don't want anyone else but you" he said "It was always you...and it always will be you"

Jocelyn looked at him, she knew he was being truthful, but why was it so hard for her to believe. Lance moved in closer to her, their faces inches apart. Jocelyn stared into his eyes, her knees feeling weak as she was held in a trance. Lance pulled his arms around her, as she dropped the linens on the bed, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"I'm sorry..." she whispered "I guess I’m just paranoid"
He smiled, and leaned in to kiss her forehead, then down her cheek, and moving to her lips. As his lips touched Jocelyn’s, she leaned against him kissing him back. They broke the kiss, and Jocelyn hugged him tight, hiding her face in his neck.
"Come on, let's go enjoy the party" Lance said
Jocelyn nodded, as she grabbed the linens, and walked with him hand in hand down the stairs to the kitchen.

~*~

A few hours later, everyone was having a great time. They all had sat around the porch and ate, talking, and laughing and having a good time. Lance gave them all a tour of the house, and Jocelyn and he had announced that she would be moving in with him. Things seemed to be falling into place...for now.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story