Chapter 27: Expect the Unexpected

The party was a complete success. Lance gave everyone a complete tour of the house, then before dinner was served they announced Jocelyn’s decision to move in with him. The women were ecstatic as they all gave Jocelyn’s hugs, and some people were not too happy. Soon, later on the group was sitting out in the back with coffee and pie talking again. Lance had turned on the music and it was now playing softly through the speakers that were hanging on the porch. Jocelyn was finishing the dishes in the kitchen as she watched everyone through the windows. She was so happy she decided to stay; she felt like this was where she needed to be. Jocelyn stepped on a stool to put a Tupperware bowl away, when she felt arms under her legs. Jocelyn squealed as she fell back into the arms of Lance. She looked at him.

“What is with you and scaring me today?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck
He smiled, and kissed her lips lightly
“You don’t have to do the dishes” he replied rubbing his nose to hers
Jocelyn smiled, and played with the hair on the back of his neck
“I know” she replied with a sweet smile
“You okay?” Lance asked, as he put her down on her feet
“Yea” Jocelyn said, leaning against him, her arms still around his neck “Are you happy everything went well?”
He nodded “More then ever” he replied

Jocelyn smiled as she leaned her face towards his, and brought him into a passionate kiss. Lance groaned and kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her waist. They broke the kiss, and looked into each other’s eyes, having the same idea. Lance grabbed her hand as she giggled and they ran up the stairs towards the bedroom.

~*~

A dark green off road Jeep pulled up to the two-story house. The driver parked the car behind a few other cards, in the wide driveway. The young actor stepped out of the driver’s seat, lifting his sun-glasses to his head and looked at the house in amazement. He heard the sound of laughter, and music coming from the back of the house, and began to walk towards the front door, looking through the windows into the house. He knocked on the door, and stood back waiting. No answer. He tried the handle, unlocked. He opened the door and pocked his head inside looking around the foyer. Silence. Josh then closed the door, and turned and started walking around the house to the back yard. As he stepped around the corner, he saw everyone talking and laughing. Jordana turned, and saw him as soon as he stepped from around the corner. She gasped, and nudged Will who was talking to Joey’s parents. Before Will had time to react, Jordana was already running towards him.

“Josh!” she said with a smile “What are you doing here?”
She rushed into his arms, hugging him close. He laughed and hugged her back. Will had excused himself from the conversation he was having, and rushed towards them as well.
“JC” Will said “What’s going on?”
“Nothing” Josh said, pulling Will into a friendly hug
“You can’t be here” Will said looking at him seriously
“Sure he can” Jordana said grabbing JC’s hand “come meet everyone”

Jordana made her way towards everyone else with JC in tow; Will watched them shaking his head. He had to find Jocelyn, and tell her everything before she saw JC. Things were turning out bad, and he knew she would be crushed when she found out about the whole truth. Will walked into the house, no one in the kitchen. He walked into the dinning room and through the bottom of the house nothing. Will then walked up the stairs,
“Jocelyn!” he called,
Silence. He went to each door, and knocked. Finally reaching the last door, he knew was the bedroom, he took a deep breath and knocked.

~*~

Jocelyn lay over Lance as they both lay on the bed. She was straddling his waist, as she was kissing up his neck. Lance’s eyes closed as he began to groan in pleasure. The fact that they were doing this while everyone was downstairs added to the excitement of the situation. Jocelyn moved down, sucking lightly on his adam’s apple as she moved towards his ears nibbling the skin there. Lance had his hands on her waist, as he rubbed her sides under her shirt. Jocelyn then moved her hands to the bottom of his shirt and pulled it up, Lance lifting his hands as Jocelyn slipped the shirt off. She tossed the shirt; as she went down to give him a deep kiss. Lance began to rub her back, putting his hands under her shirt lifting it up over her head. Lance then rolled himself, so that he was on top as Jocelyn lay underneath him. He began to kiss down her neck, to her chest; down her stomach leaving baby kisses down her abs. Jocelyn groaned feeling the pleasure of Lance’s lips on her skin. Then, there was a knock on the door. Lance looked at the door, confused.

Jocelyn whispered “Shhh” she said “They’ll go away”
Lance stayed quiet, laying his head on her stomach waiting.
“Jocelyn” came a voice, it was Will “I really need to talk to you…its important”

Jocelyn looked at Lance, and he sighed before rolling off of Jocelyn and getting his shirt from the floor, and handed Jocelyn hers. Jocelyn threw it on, as she sat up adjusting her pants.

“What is it Will?” Jocelyn replied
With that the door opened, and Will walked in quickly shutting the door. He then noticed the blankets were a little tussled, and noticed Lance was a little out of breath. His face turned red, as he looked at Jocelyn who was now sitting at the edge of the bed.
“Oh…” he replied “Sorry”
Jocelyn shrugged “What’s wrong?” she asked
“Uh…there’s something’s you need to know” he replied “About me…and the situation”
Jocelyn looked at him weirdly, “Okay”
“Well…first of all, I never meant to hurt you…” he replied “It was my intention when I first got here, but after I was watching you two I knew I couldn’t”
Jocelyn looked at him, and then at Lance confused
”Will, what is going on?” Jocelyn asked
“I’m…” Will sighed “I’m not who you think I am…I’m an actor…and I was sent out here to spy on you”
It took a minute for Jocelyn to realize what she had just been told. She looked at Will in disbelief.
“Josh sent me out here…to see what you were up too” Will explained “I was to report back to him, what I saw…I was only pretending to be a photo journalist, so that I could get close to you”
Jocelyn’s eyes started to fill with tears as she looked at Will, then at Lance. Lance was looking at Will in disbelief as well. He could no believe it, Joey had been right the whole time.
“I’m so sorry Jocelyn” Will explained “I-“
“Stop!” Jocelyn practically screamed “I don’t want to hear it…especially from you! You betrayed me! I trusted you”

Will looked at her; he could not say anything else that would make this situation be okay. But he had to tell her Josh was there, or she would walk downstairs to a BIG surprise. Jocelyn didn't want to cry; she simply wiped her eyes and sniffled, and then looked back at Will.

"Is there a reason why this is coming out now?" Jocelyn asked "Guilty conscience?"
Will looked at her, then back at Lance "Well...JC...he...he's here..." he said "He's downstairs with Jordana"
Jocelyn looked at him again, and Will knew she was confused
"JC had Jordana come out here as well, to hit on Lance...so you guys would break up" Will explained quickly

Jocelyn sighed and put her head in her hands. Why did her life have to be so complicated? Lance sighed as he watched Jocelyn fall apart. How could anyone do this to someone they supposedly loved? Lance walked towards the window that faced the backyard, and looked out. He saw him, Josh, talking to Jordana, Justin and Jack. Lance shook his head, then looked back at Will; betrayal full bloom in his gaze.

"I really never meant to hurt you guys" Will replied in his defense "Really...I think Jocelyn belongs here with you"
Jocelyn looked up at Will, her eyes red from crying, she sniffled
"Why didn't you leave then?" she asked angry
"Because, I thought if maybe Josh saw you were happy here...he would leave you alone" Will said
"You obviously don't know Josh that well" Jocelyn said
Will sighed "Look, I'm real sorry" he said "Please forgive me"
Jocelyn wiped her face free of tears
"I won't ever forget this" Jocelyn replied angry "You'll regret ever working with him"

She got up, fixed her clothes once more and walked out the door, down the stairs to the back yard. Lance and Will quickly followed her; both scared for Josh's life. Jocelyn walked out the back door; people stopped talking, and looked at her.

"Josh, what the hell do you think you're doing??" Jocelyn asked angry
"Jocelyn!" her mother scolded at Jocelyn's tone
"Mom, you don't understand" Jocelyn replied
"Understand or not, you do NOT talk to a guest like that" Dianna said
"He is NOT a guest!!" Jocelyn screamed "He was NOT invited!!"
"Jocelyn! that's enough!" Dianna shouted "If you two have business...take it inside"
"Fine!" Jocelyn said and walked back inside.

Josh took that as a hint, and followed. Lance turned to follow when Dianna spoke up.
"Lance" she started "Come take me for a walk in the woods"
Lance looked at Dianna then at the house. He then walked with her down the trail.

~*~

Jocelyn walked quickly through the house, towards the back of the downstairs hallway towards her office. Josh followed watching her walk, he knew she was pissed off, she was fired up and he loved it. Jocelyn opened the door to her office, and held it open for Josh to walk through. Once he did, she closed the door and walked over to her desk and sat down in the chair behind the desk, and crossed her arms over her chest. Josh watched her as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossed as well.

“So…” she replied
“You look good Jocelyn” he replied, with the smile that drove her crazy
Jocelyn looked at him, disgusted…how could he do this to her.
“Are you here for a reason, or can I kick you out now?” she asked
He laughed “Still got the spark don’t you?” he asked
“Josh…I’m serious, why are you here?” she asked, getting annoyed with his games
“I hadn’t heard from you, and I just wanted to know how you were doing” Josh said as he walked over, and sat down in the comfy chair on the other side of the desk, facing Jocelyn.
“We’re broken up” Jocelyn replied “You don’t have any right to know how I’m doing”
“Sure I do” Josh replied “I told you I was wrong to break up with you, please”
“Please what?” Jocelyn said “Please be okay with how you reacted, and what you said??”
“I’m sorry okay?” he replied “You can never be to sure now a days…Hollywood isn’t exactly the best place for a relationship”
“Really…” Jocelyn questioned, she opened the side drawer of her desk and took out the STAR magazine. She opened it up to the right page, and slid it over to him.
“This unidentified female…” Jocelyn said “Jordana I assume??”
Josh took the magazine, and looked over the story quickly, and the pictures.
“It’s not what it looks like” Josh replied “I haven’t been with anyone since we broke up, I thought you would be the same way…apparently not”
Josh closed the magazine “You’re with the person you said you would never go back to…the one who broke your heart”
“Don’t you dare try to use that against me” she replied “You didn’t trust me Josh…I couldn’t even explain the picture…you didn’t want to hear it”
“I love you Jocelyn” he replied “Please…”
Jocelyn looked at him “I’m happy here Josh, I’m home…I’m near my family, and people that I love…they don’t keep things from me, and they’re truthful to me”
“I doubt that” Josh replied “Everyone has skeletons in their closet Jocelyn”
He got up, and walked to her side getting on his knees.
“Please…” he said taking her hands in his

Jocelyn looked down at him, into his ocean blue eyes, the eyes that remind her of California…the beach where she lived for many years and enjoyed herself there. Where her career began and where she became known. Josh looked into her eyes, as she stared into his and knew she was questioning her true feelings. He moved his face closer to hers, and brought her face towards his into a passionate kiss. Jocelyn, confused as first, began to kiss him back, not knowing why she couldn’t break from his spell and push him away.

~*~

Lance took Dianna around his property showing her the many things he had shown Jordana a few hours before. He could not believe this whole thing was a set up, Will and Jordana were there for one thing. He even began to trust Will, he considered him a good friend, and planned on keeping in touch with him even after he left. Lance sighed, and shook his head as he dug his hands into his pockets as Dianna and he began to walk back. Dianna looked at him, and semi smiled she nudged him.

“You ok honey?” she asked
Lance looked at her, and then down at the ground again “I don’t know” he said
“Things will turn out the way they should” Dianna said
Lance looked at her, why would she say it like that? They began to walk back to the house; Lance was hoping Josh and Jocelyn would be done talking by then.
“So how are your parents?” Dianna asked “How come they’re not out here tonight?”
“They’re visiting my sister” he replied “She just had a baby, so they’re first time grandparents now”
Dianna smiled “Aww well that’s nice, what did she have?”
“She had a little girl” he replied
“Do you two talk a lot?” she asked
He shrugged “When we get the chance” he said “She’s busy being a mom now, and I’m teaching and finally got this house done”

Dianna nodded and smiled; they were closer to the house and could hear the continued chatter. Justin had begun to walk towards them, as they got closer to the house. Dianna knew they needed to talk as well, so she excused herself towards the house, as Justin walked towards Lance.

“What do you want?” Lance asked annoyed, like he needed anymore stress
“Just wanted to talk to you” Justin replied
“Yea, well I don’t want to listen” Lance replied “I’ve got enough on my mind already”
“I jus want to make sure our little secret is safe” Justin replied
Lance looked at him, and shook his head “If Jocelyn is still with me by the end of this night… she is going to know the WHOLE truth”
“So you think she’ll be going back then?” Justin asked, secretly happy
“I don’t know Justin” Lance said “We’ll see…”
Lance rubbed his eyes, then ran his hands through his hair “All I know, is that she needs to know everything…I can’t live with it anymore, and I don’t know how you can either”
Justin looked at him, then back at the house. “I can’t…”
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mai me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story