Chapter 29: Time to Think

Jocelyn woke up to the sun shinning in through the windows of the guest room she slept in. She groaned and turned over, she was dizzy. She opened her eyes, and blinked a couple of times trying to wake up. She sniffed the air, and smelled the yummy scent of chocolate chip pancakes. She threw the covers off, and sat up slowly, and rubbed her eyes. The T-shirt she was wearing was 10 sizes to big for her, and the sweat pants were dragging on her hips. She finally stood up and fixed her hair before walking out of the room and into the kitchen where she heard pots and pans. Jenee was sitting in her high chair making a mess of her chocolate chip pancakes while Allyson was at the sink doing the dishes. Allyson turned when she heard Jocelyn enter the kitchen and semi smiled.

“Hey” she said
Jocelyn smiled, “Hey” her voice groggy “What was in that milk…it totally knocked me out”
Allyson kinda laughed “Want something to eat?” she asked
Jocelyn smiled “If it’s not too much trouble” she said
“Never” Allyson said “Go sit down, you want something to drink”
“Um some OJ” Jocelyn said, as she sat down next to Jenee.

Allyson went to get her some OJ, and Jocelyn played with Jenee. Soon her breakfast was done, and Jocelyn ate as Allyson got Jenee cleaned up and dressed. Allyson then came back to sit and talk with Jocelyn in the living room.

“So, what’s your plan?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn looked at her, then down at her hands “I don’t know…” she said “I guess I have to figure something out don’t I?”
Allyson smiled and rubbed her back “Lance won’t be there today…it’s Monday he’s working,“ she said “So why don’t I drop you off, and you can pick up your stuff and truck then head home and figure some stuff out”
Jocelyn smiled and hugged her tightly “Thank you Ally” she said
Allyson hugged her back “Don’t mention it…” she said “Jus promise me one thing”
“What’s that?” Jocelyn asked
“Let me know if you’re gonna leave again…please” she said
Jocelyn smiled and hugged her tightly again “Of course” she said “And maybe if I do, you and Jo can come out and visit me…get you outta this ol town for awhile”
Allyson smiled “I’d like that” she said
Jocelyn smiled back “Good” she said

They talked awhile before Jocelyn went to get changed again. They all piled into Allyson’s car and headed back to Lance’s. Jocelyn kissed Jenee’s head, and hugged Allyson once more, and then Allyson was off. Jocelyn looked up at the house as she walked to the front door, and unlocked it with her key. It was silent inside; she sighed and closed the door. As she did, she heard the sounds of Cocoa rushing towards her. Jocelyn smiled and petted her.

“Hey Cocoa” she said rubbing behind her ears
Cocoa barked
“I’m gonna have to leave for a little bit ok?” she said to Cocoa.
Cocoa looked at her, hears sticking up, tail wagging, and tongue sticking out.

Jocelyn smiled. She then headed up the stairs to the master bedroom. The bed was unmade, and she went to grab her bag from the closet, putting her things into it. She then headed downstairs, and into the kitchen to feed Cocoa before she left noticing Lance hadn’t. After looking around the house once more, she took his key off her key chain and put it on the table. Then she headed out the door, and into her truck driving home.

~*~

Will woke up to the sun shinning brightly through the Jeep window. He groaned and tried to cover his face with the blanket he brought in there...but it was no use. He sat up as a truck drove by, and he looked at the driver, Jocelyn. He watched her as she sped past the Corner store, and INN heading home. He sighed and rubbed his face, trying to wake up more. He turned and looked at the room where Josh and Jordana were in, and sighed. He didn’t want to go in there…not with what he thought went on last night. Finally he found his way out of the Jeep and stood up stretching his arms out, and yawned. He put his shoe’s back on and walked across the street past the Corner store, noticing Justin wasn’t in there and towards the local Diner. He walked inside, and found a booth in the back. As he skimmed through the menu, someone came and sat down across from him. He looked up and saw Justin. He put the menu down.

“Hey…” Will said
Justin semi smiled “What’s up?” he said “You’re up kinda early”
“Yea well…I slept in the Jeep last night” Will said,
Just as Justin was about to ask him why, Serena came by.
“Hello boys” she said with a smile “What are ya havin?”
“Umm...” Will looked down at the menu “Give me a coffee and the country omelet”
Serena wrote that down with a smile “And you Justin, the usual?”
Justin nodded “Thank you” he said with a smile
Serena walked away, and Justin looked at Will again.
“Why did you sleep in the Jeep?” Justin asked
Will rolled his eyes “Basically…Jordana and Josh took over the bed” he replied
Justin looked at him confused “You mean…” he started
Will nodded, and Justin made a disgusted face “Oh…” he replied
Serena soon came back with their meals, and they both started eating.
“So…what was the deal with you guys anyway?” Will asked
Justin looked at him, as he drank some coffee “Umm…I basically paid Lance to slept with some other girl and have Jocelyn catch him” he replied
Will looked at him, “Wow” he replied
Justin shook his head “Yea…” he replied “I messed up major”
“But why…if Lance loved her so much, why would he do it?” Will asked
Justin shrugged “I don’t know…” he replied “I wanted Jocelyn to get out of here…I wanted her to see things, and become successful…and I knew she couldn’t if she stayed here…and became a housewife like everyone else”
Will watched him, “Well I think she’s better off alone” he laughed “Seriously…I mean…first it was Lance…now Josh is pulling this cr*p” he said
Justin nodded “So what are you really?” he asked
Will laughed “An actor,” he said “although I might take up photography now”
Justin laughed as he finished up his breakfast.
“So…now what?” Justin asked
Will shrugged, “I don’t know” he replied “I’m probably going to head back to California, Josh doesn’t need me anymore now that Jocelyn knows he’s here” he said
Justin nodded, as he wiped his mouth with the napkin.
“What about you?” Will asked
He shrugged “Just go on my way I guess…to see if she ever talks to me again…” he said “I bet she’ll go back to California too”
“I don’t know…she really likes being close to her family” Will said
“Yea…” Justin replied “I guess...”
"So, why aren't you working?" Will asked
"Oh...well I don't go in for another half hour or so" Justin replied
Serena came by again, to drop off the check. Will picked it up, and took his wallet out.
"Well I guess I better head back, to see what's going on" Will said
"You don't have to do that" Justin replied referring to the check
Will shook his head "Don't worry about it," he replied
He took out his credit card, and put it in the slot with the receipt. Serena came by to pick it up.
"Well...if I don't ever see you again, thanks for befriending me" Will said
Justin smiled "Yea, no problem..." he said
Serena came back, with the receipt for Will to sign. He did so, and they both stood up, and walked to the door.
"I'll see ya around" Justin said, as he walked the opposite direction
Will waved to him, as he walked across the street towards the INN again.

~*~

Jocelyn reached her house, and got out of her truck and headed inside. Her parent’s were both at work, so she would be alone for a couple of hours. She got into the house, throwing her keys and purse on the coffee table before walking into her room to change. Soon Jocelyn emerged from her bedroom and went to relax in the living room. She lay across the couch, and looked at the table where her purse was sitting, next to her keys. She reached over to grab her cell phone, to call Brandon.

“Hello Brandon here” came a voice
“B…” Jocelyn said, tears already starting
“Jocelyn…what’s wrong honey?” he asked, knowing it was her
Jocelyn sniffled “Stuff is going all wrong here” she said, as she whipped her face
“Just calm down, and tell me what you mean” Brandon said
Jocelyn spent the next hour or so, explaining everything. About Will coming out here, and Jordana and then Josh last night, and finally about the true story behind Lance and Justin. Brandon listened, he was in shock.
“Oh God Jocelyn…I’m so sorry” Brandon said
“I don’t know what to do” Jocelyn chocked out; she had been full on crying since the middle of the story.
“Whatever it is…I’m sure your family will support you in any way that they can” Brandon said
Jocelyn whimpered “I just told Lance I would move in with him” she replied “I planned on staying here…and now I don’t know what to do”
“Take some time to figure it out honey” Brandon replied

Jocelyn continued to sniffle, and talk to Brandon and he listened. He knew all she needed to do was to get it all out, to vent what she needed so she could think rational about the decision she had to make. An hour or so later, she finally hung up with Brandon. Now she really had to decide what it was she wanted to do. The decision that could affect the rest of her life.

~*~

Will walked back towards the INN, and took out the key to the room. He unlocked it, and pocked his head inside looking towards the bed to see if Josh and Jordana were still ‘asleep’. They were cuddled up together under the covers, talking. They both turned to him as he walked inside.

“How’d you sleep?” Jordana asked with a wink
Will looked at her, obviously not amused “Fine” he replied
“Did you just wake up?” Josh asked yawning
“No” Will replied “I woke up a couple hours ago, I was having breakfast with Justin at the diner”
“Ditching us for new friends huh?” Jordana asked with a giggle
Will rolled his eyes, and sat down on the chair by the desk.
“So what’s the plan?” he asked
“I don’t know” Josh replied “I haven’t decided”
“Well…it looks to me like you’re ready to go home” Will said, making a face at him, referring to Jordana curled up next to him
Josh looked at her, then at Will. “I don’t know” he replied
“How can you not know??” Will asked getting angry “Why are you trying to tear this girl apart, thinking you’re so lonely out there in California…when you were there with her” Will pointed to Jordana
Jordana giggled “He’s involved Josh, can’t you see he fell in love with her” she said
Josh looked at Will suspiciously
“What??” Will asked “You’ve got to be kidding me”
Josh looked at Will “Oh so you’re in love with her now?” he asked
“NO!” Will practically screamed “I am not”
Josh laughed “Alright Will, calm down we’re just playing with you” he said
Will shook his head, and stood up “Well you two decide what you want to do…because I’m leaving today”

He went to grab his bag, and went to the bathroom to shower and change, then packed his bag back up and loaded it into his Jeep. By this time Josh and Jordana were sitting on the bed, having Danish and OJ and talking. Will handed Josh the hotel key, and the paper he was to give back to the owner when they checked out.

“See you guys later” Will replied, as he picked up his bag
Josh watched him, as he took a drink of his OJ.
“See you back in California” he replied
“Yea” Will said, and walked out the door

He loaded his stuff back into his Jeep, and got in. He then headed back towards Jocelyn’s house; maybe he could make it right once more. He reached her house, and noticed her truck parked in the drive way. He got out, and headed towards the door and knocked softly. A few minutes later, the door opened and Jocelyn stood there, she looked completely drained. She saw who it was, and her face hardened.

“What do you want?” She asked angry
“I jus…” Will started “I wanted to apologize…and to let you know I’m going back to California, so you won’t see me around here anymore”
“Why are you going back?” she asked
He shrugged “I’m ready to go home, I’m done deceiving people Jocelyn” he replied “I should of never done it in the first place”
Jocelyn looked at him, he was being truthful, she could see it in his eyes.
“Jus to warn you though…Josh and Jordana are still here, I don’t know their plan…frankly I don’t care about them anymore” he replied
“Wow…that’s a change” she said
He shrugged “I’m really sorry” he said once again
She smiled, and pulled him into a hug “You’ve learned your lesson haven’t you?” she asked
He laughed, as he hugged her back tightly “I sure have” he said
They broke the hug, and Will kissed her cheek. “Be safe okay?” she said
He nodded “Will I see you back in California?” he asked
She shrugged “I haven’t decided yet” she said “But if I do…we’ll meet up, and catch up”
He nodded “Definitely” he said

He then turned, and made his way back towards his Jeep. He got in, and started it up honking before he drove away.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mai me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story