Chapter 03: Visiting

Jocelyn woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside her window. She sat up and looked around and then lay back down again. She lay in bed and looked out the window. She was going to see Allyson today and hopefully not see who she didn't want to see.

*Flashback*

Jocelyn walked down the hall of her friend's house. There was 1 more week of school left, and all the seniors would graduate. Her friend was having this huge party and the whole school was practically there. She had been going out with Lance for about 2 and ½ years and it was great. She had gotten accepted into UCLA, and some other collages, and still didn't know where to go, since she wanted to be with Lance at all costs. She was coming back from the bathroom, and trying to find Lance again. She saw Allyson and Joey on the dance floor, and walked over to them.

"Have you seen Lance?" Jocelyn asked them
Allyson shook her head "No, sorry" she said
Joey shook his head no too.
"Need help finding him?" Allyson asked
Jocelyn smiled "No, that's ok" she said

She waved and then walked down another hall way, trying to find him. She then heard voices in a room, and saw the room door was cracked open. She couldn't put a face to the deep slurring voice, but it sounded familiar. She then looked inside the crack of the door, and couldn't believe what she saw. Lance in there with April Sanchez the head cheerleader and they were having sex. Her mouth fell open and she could already feel tears running down her cheeks and she barged into the room.

"What the hell are you doing??" she screamed
Lance looked at the figure in the door way, and his eyes widened in shock
"Joc" he said trying to get off of April
"I can't believe this!" she yelled and ran out of the room, down the hall and through the living room, and kitchen and out the door to the back patio.

Allyson saw her run, and she looked at Justin who was walking from the kitchen into the living room. He made a face to Allyson meaning "I got it" and walked back into the kitchen and out the back down. Jocelyn was sitting on the edge of the patio her face in her hands crying her eyes out. She had given everything to Lance, they had given themselves to each other on prom night, and he made it real special for her she thought she was going to spend forever with him. She cried as she thought about the great times they had together. Justin sat down next to her, putting his hand on her back. She looked at him, as he looked at her sympathetically.

"Oh god Justin" she bawled
Justin sighed and wrapped her in a hug.
"Joc…" he said
"Don't call me that" she said angrily
That was a nickname Lance had given to her, and she hated him now so she hated the nickname.
"Sorry" he said
Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, and cried into his chest. Justin sighed, as he hugged her close.
"What happened?" Justin asked
"He was… was f*cking April" Jocelyn said bitterly
"You're kidding" Justin said in shock
Jocelyn shook her head no "I hate him" she said "I gave everything to him J, everything" she said

Justin sighed, and put her on his lap, as she let out all her emotions and feelings telling him the story about how she found Lance with April. They spend a good 30 minutes out there, Jocelyn crying into Justin's chest as he tried to calm her down. He then took her face in his hands, and looked into her eyes.

"Jocelyn, you deserve so much better" he said
Jocelyn looked down "No I don't" she said
"Of course you do" he said rubbing her back
Jocelyn sighed, and hugged him tightly.
"You want to go home?" he asked
"Lance drove" she said
"I'll take you" he said
"No way, you came to enjoy the party" Jocelyn said
"Let me be a friend, and take you home" he said
Jocelyn looked at him, and sighed.
"C'mon" he said

She stood up with him and they walked back into the kitchen from the back door. Allyson was standing with Joey and talking to some other people when she saw them. She walked over to them and saw Jocelyn's face.

"What happened?" Allyson asked
Jocelyn looked at her "Lance was doing it with April" she said
She then started to bawl again, and Allyson wrapped her in a hug. Justin then explained the story to her, as Allyson hugged her best friend closely.
"You want me to come?" Allyson asked when Justin had finished
"No, you guys stay and have fun" Jocelyn said
Allyson looked at her and hugged her again "Be careful, and I'll call you tomorrow" she said
"Ok" Jocelyn said

They broke the hug, and then Justin put his arm around Jocelyn's shoulders and they walked through the living room to the front door. They saw Joey holding Lance at bay, as they walked out. Justin took Jocelyn home, and made sure she got into bed, and waited till she fell asleep, then left.

*End of Flashback*

There was a knock on her door, that broke her from her day dream, and then her door opened. Dianna walked in.

"Jocelyn" she said
"Yea?" Jocelyn said looking at her
"I'm gonna go to work" she said "Your dad is gone…I'll be home by 4:00"
"OK" Jocelyn said smiling
"There's food and stuff…go visit" she said
"I will mama" Jocelyn said

Dianna then left. Jocelyn got up and took a shower and got dressed. About 45 minutes later, she walked into the kitchen. There were bagels with coffee and cream cheese sitting on the table. She sat down at the table and ate her breakfast. Soon she was done, and she shut everything off, and grabbed her keys, and purse and got into her truck and headed off towards the Corner store. She reached it, and got out of her truck and looked into the window. There was Randy behind the counter, ringing up a customer. She took a deep breath and walked inside, and the door rang. Without looking up Randy said.

"Mornin, you need any help?"
Jocelyn smiled "Yes, could you tell me where I can find Justin Timberlake" she said with her accent in full volume
"Should be in the back" he said
Jocelyn smiled "Thank ya"

She then headed towards the back. She looked in each aisle looking for her friend and finally saw him sweeping the floor. He had on an apron and his head was filled with curls. Jocelyn giggled and went up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Excuse me…are you the one they call Justin Timberlake?" Jocelyn asked hiding her accent.
Justin turned "Why yes-" he stopped "Jocelyn!!"
Jocelyn giggled as Justin hugged her close dropping the broom as he lifted her off her feet and twirled her around.
"Dad thought he saw you" he said
Jocelyn smiled "He was right" she said
"What are you doing in town?" he asked breaking the hug
Jocelyn grinned "Taken a break…thought I come see my friends and family"
He laughed "You seen Allyson yet?" he asked
"No…I'm gonna go after this…" she said
Justin smiled, and then they heard Randy.
"Justin! Quit talking and get back to work!"
Justin picked up the broom again and started sweeping.
"Sorry Randy, my fault!" Jocelyn shouted back
Randall looked out into the aisle where Jocelyn and Justin were
"Who that?" he asked
"Jocelyn" she said smiling
"No shyt…Jocelyn Peterson…I thought I saw you" he said "C'mere and give me a hug"
Jocelyn ran over and hugged Randall, they talked awhile then she walked back over to where Justin was as he finished up his sweeping.
"We missed you Jocelyn" Justin said
"I know, I missed ya'll too" she said and hugged him again "Listen…after I finish up visiting everyone…we'll go out ok? Like old times" she suggested
"OK" he said smiling
"Great, I better go then…see you" she said
"Bye" he said
Jocelyn walked to the front of the store.
"Bye Randy" she said
"Bye sweetie" he said

Jocelyn got back in her truck and drove towards Allyson and Joey's house. She drove down the dirt rode, towards the 2-story country house. It looked beautiful; it was 2 stories and had green shutters. Then big red barn was behind it. Jocelyn got out of her truck and smiled. She sniffed the air and grinned 'good ol country'. She walked towards the entrance of the house. She walked up the stairs to the porch and knocked on the door. Soon there was the sound of feet and the door opened. There was her best friend, Allyson. Her hair was up in a messy pony tail, her green eyes brightened.

"Jocelyn!!" she squealed lunging foreword into a hug, Jocelyn laughed as she hugged her friend back.
"Oh my gawd! Come in come in" Allyson said accent full
Jocelyn stepped inside smiling, and looked around.
"Wow I love what you've done with the place" she said
Allyson smiled "When did you get in?" she asked
"Yesterday…late afternoon…I'm surprised you haven't heard…Randy's telling the whole town" she said
Allyson laughed "Figures…no we don't go into town so much now…just to visit" she said as she brought her into the living room. There were some scattered baby toys on the floor.
"So how's Jenee?" Jocelyn asked picking up a rattle
Allyson laughed "She's so big…sorry I didn't send you an announcement…"
Jocelyn shrugged
"She should be waken from her nap soon" Allyson said
Just then the front door opened
"Hey Al, who's truck-" he was cut off as he saw Jocelyn on the couch
"Jocelyn!" he said and ran towards the couch and picked her up, wrapping her in a bear hug.
"Hi Jo" she said laughing
Joey put her down
"How are you?" he asked "Been awhile huh?"
"Yea…" she said smiling
Then the cries of Jenee came through the hall
"I'll get her…" Joey said kissing Allyson on the cheek as he walked past her. Allyson smiled, and Jocelyn looked at her and laughed.
"Guess it wasn't puppy love" she said
Allyson grinned "Nope" she said
Then Joey came walking back in with Jenee. She had tousled hair and her eyes were half open.
"Hey Jen" Allyson said smiling
Jenee smiled and waved her arms, Jocelyn smiled. Allyson got up and walked over to her and took her from Joey.
"Jenee…this is Aunt Jocelyn" Allyson said
Jocelyn smiled and stroked Jenee's hair.
"Hi Jenee" Jocelyn said
Jenee giggled "Hi" she said shyly
"You wanna hold her?" Allyson asked
Jocelyn shook her head no "I'll drop her"
Allyson laughed "Oh come on…it's not that hard"
Jocelyn looked at her with an unsure look.
"Please for me" she said with a smile
Jocelyn looked at her a little insecure
"Oh come on, if Joey could do it…you can" Allyson said
"Hey!" Joey said pouting
Allyson laughed. Jocelyn sat down with a huff, and Allyson handed her Jenee. Jocelyn took her and set her on her lap. Joey went into the kitchen to fix himself something to eat.
"So what have you been up too?" Allyson asked "Last time I heard you were hot and heavy with that actor Joshua Chasez"
Jocelyn's face fell "No…" she shook her head "We're not together anymore" she said
"Aww…why not?" Allyson asked
"We had issues" she said
"Oh" Allyson said
Jenee was getting bored, and started to squirm. Jocelyn put her on the ground where she played.
"So who have you seen?" Allyson asked
"Your mom, she came over yesterday" she said "And Justin…I saw him before I came over…"
"Oh…" Alyson said
"He looks good…is he taken?" Jocelyn asked
Allyson's eyes got big
"What?" Jocelyn asked
"He's gay" Allyson signed to Jocelyn
Jocelyn laughed; they both took ASL (American Sign Language) and used to sign back and forth all day long.
"No way!" Jocelyn said
Ashley nodded "Remember Jack Hutton?"
Jocelyn nodded
Then Allyson signed "Together"
"Wow…" Jocelyn said "Waste of a man"
"Jocelyn!" she said laughing

She giggled. They talked more, about everything memories, good ones and bad ones. Jocelyn explained the Josh issue, and she cried over that finally happy to get it out, but they picked up where they left off and it was great. It was about 2:30 when Jocelyn left. They were all gonna get together that night, at the local bar with Justin and his 'friend'.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story