Chapter 30: ‘Family’

Jocelyn sat in her Malibu apartment, out on the balcony in comfy sweat pants and a sweat shirt. She was sitting in a lounge chair, with her lap top on her lap, iced tea by her side. The sea breeze blew through her hair, like gentle fingers massaging her scalp. She was home again; it had been almost 6 months since she left Mississippi, and her family. They were out of sight…but not out of mind. She missed them terribly, but knew if she needed to get her life back on track she needed to come back. Jocelyn reached down and picked up the glass of iced tea and took a drink then sat back in the lounge chair, and looked out at the waves crashing against the shore.

*FlashBack*

Jocelyn helped her dad load the last of her bags into the back of her truck. Her mother was in the kitchen getting her some snacks for the road. It had been about 3 days since the whole thing had happened, and Jocelyn had made her decision. Jeff hugged her tightly, and Jocelyn smiled as she hugged him back.

“I’ll see you soon dad ok?” she said
“I know” he replied “Jus don’t stay away too long ok?”
“Okay” Jocelyn said, and then kissed his cheek.
Dianna came out of the house with a paper bag, and walked over to hug her daughter.
“Take this…and don’t forget to sleep if you have too” Dianna said
Jocelyn smiled “Okay mama” she said “I will”
She hugged her mom and dad once more, and then got into her truck. She rolled down the window, and kissed her parents once more.
“Bye guys” she replied “I’ll call you when I get home”

Dianna stood back with Jeff, as he had his arm around her. They waved as Jocelyn drove off down the street. She drove around her familiar town once more, before driving towards Allyson and Joey’s once more to say her good-byes like she promised she would. She reached the Fatone household, and shut off her truck and got out walking towards the house. She didn’t even have to knock; Allyson had flung the door open and was running towards her, and hugged her tightly almost knocking her over. Jocelyn hugged her back, laughing.

“I’ll see you again” Jocelyn replied “I promise it won’t be 8 years before we meet again”
“I know…” Allyson replied “It’s jus been so good to have you here”
Jocelyn smiled “I know” she said
They walked into the house, and Joey was in the living room playing with Jenee. Joey got up and walked towards Jocelyn hugging her tightly, in a bear hug.
“I’m sorry about everything” Joey said “I had no idea”
Jocelyn smiled “I know you didn’t” she said
“We’re gonna miss you around here” Joey said
Jocelyn smiled, tears starting to fall “I’ll miss you guys too” she replied “It’s just something I need to do”
“We know” Joey said
Jocelyn smiled, she knew they would understand, that always did; she then went to sit down next to Jenee. Jenee smiled, and held up a toy to her. Jocelyn smiled, and took it and started playing with her for awhile. Finally Jocelyn had to get going. She hugged Jenee tightly, and kissed her head.
“I’ll see you soon Jenee” she said
“Bye!” Jenee said waving, thinking nothing of it

Jocelyn smiled; she got up and hugged Joey and Allyson once more. Jocelyn got into her car, and finally started her journey back to California.

*End Of FlashBack*

She was knocked out of her day dream by her door bell ringing. She took the lap top back inside, putting it on the counter as she walked to the door. She opened it.

“Surprise!”
It was Joey and Allyson, with an almost 2 year old Jenee. Jocelyn stood in shock for a minute, before she grinned and jumped up and down.
“Oh my gawd!” Jocelyn squealed as she jumped towards them and brought Joey and Allyson into a hug, as Jenee went and hugged her leg tightly.
‘What are you guys doing here?” Jocelyn asked “I thought you weren’t coming until the weekend”
Allyson laughed “Joey got a few extra days off, and Jenee couldn’t wait to see you” she said
Jocelyn smiled, as she bent down and picked up Jenee, and Jenee hugged her neck tightly.
“And you?” Jocelyn asked
Allyson smiled, and Jocelyn laughed and moved out of the door way.
“Come in guys” she said “Sorry I look like a mess”
Allyson rolled her eyes “Yea right” she said “What were you doing?”
“Just getting some writing done” Jocelyn said as she walked down the short hall way towards the guest bedroom.
“Here’s the room you guys can stay in” she said putting Jenee down on the bed.
“What about me?” came a voice from the hall way
Jocelyn gasped, recognizing the voice and turned towards the door way. There stood Justin, with a duffle bag on his arm. He looked the same, accept he had no curls now, and a little facial hair on his chin.
“Justin…what?” Jocelyn started
“I’m sorry…I never meant for any of this to happen” he started “Especially you not being my friend anymore”
Jocelyn turned and looked at Allyson and Joey, as they smiled at her. She turned back and looked at Justin again, as tears started to fall from her eyes. She sighed, and rushed over to him jumping into his arms hugging him tightly. Justin laughed as he hugged her back, twirling her.
“I’m so sorry” he mumbled as he hugged her close “I’m so sorry” he repeated
“It’s okay” Jocelyn said as he put her down, and took his face into her hands “It’s okay”
“Yeay!” Jenee yelled, and ran towards Jocelyn and Justin grabbing each one of their legs and hugging them tightly.

Things seemed to be back to normal for the time being. Jocelyn got everyone settled in, and then went to change so she could take them all out for a night on the town. Jocelyn showed them the city, before stopping at a nice little fish shack Malibu Seafood. It was cheap, but the best sea food in town. Jocelyn loved having her friends and family there in California, she couldn’t believe it. Soon they headed back to Jocelyn’s apartment; Jenee was dead asleep so she was put into bed as the adults went to talk in the living room. Joey was sitting on the love seat with Allyson on his lap cuddled under a blanket, as Justin and Jocelyn sat on the couch. Jocelyn was lying across it, with her head on Justin’s chest as they were warm under a blanket as well.

“I still can’t believe you guys are here” Jocelyn said as she snuggled closer to Justin
He laughed, as he rubbed her arm.
“Good surprise huh?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn laughed “Yea” she said “So how are things back home?”
“They’re okay” Allyson said
“How’s business Jo?” Jocelyn asked
“Oh booming…” he said “I’m not just doing business in Clinton now, I’m doing it everywhere Jackson…Crystal Springs”
“Wow, that’s great” Jocelyn said “Congratulations”
“Thank you” Joey said with a nod
Jocelyn laughed “And you Justin, how’s the Corner store business” she asked
“Okay…my dad’s so close to giving me the rights to the store…” Justin said
“Wow…business man over here” Jocelyn said
He laughed “Shut up, just because I’m not out here being all celebrity status over here” he said
Jocelyn rolled her eyes “Yea right” she replied
“No…I heard about your book being in the top 3 for 24 weeks that’s great Jocelyn” Justin replied
She smiled “Thank you” she blushed
“So working on anything new?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn smiled “Mmm…yea…” she said “But I’m not telling you so don’t ask”
Allyson laughed “OoOo secret stuff” she said
Jocelyn laughed.
“So have you spoken to you know who?” Justin asked
“Which one?” Jocelyn asked
“The one that lives here” Justin said
Jocelyn rolled her eyes “No…he and Jordana are dating” she said “At least that’s what Brandon tells me”
“And how is Brandon?” Allyson asked
“He’s good, his partner and him just adopted a baby girl…and guess who the god mother is?” Jocelyn asked batting her eye lashes.
They laughed.
"And Will?" Justin asked
"He's doing okay, we talk every once in awhile" Jocelyn said
They talked for a few more hours, and then headed off to bed. Jocelyn was having the best time with her friend’s right there beside her.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story