Chapter 31: Feels Like Home

Jocelyn got out of her truck that was parked in front of the Sea View apartment building. She adjusted her jean skirt that went down to her mid thigh, her semi-dressy blue tank top that had lace around the sleeves and neck and then she grabbed the pretty in pink birthday bag from the passenger seat, and her purse and locked her truck before heading towards the entrance.

“Afternoon Ms. Peterson” the door man said opening the door for her
Jocelyn smiled, and nodded “Afternoon Sam” she replied “How are things?”
“Oh wonderful” Sam replied “And yourself?”
“About the same” she replied “I better head up, talk to you later”
“Bye now” Sam said as he closed the door behind her

Jocelyn headed towards the elevator, and pressed the button for the top floor to the million dollar pent houses. She leaned back against the wall, and sighed as she watched the number lights light up at each floor she went up. Finally there was a ding, and doors opened on the top floor. Jocelyn walked out, and down towards the big double doors at the end of the hallway. She smiled, as she heard the constant questions of a little girl, as she knocked.

“Ant Jocyn!” came the squeaky voice from inside
Jocelyn laughed, as the door opened and Brandon came into view dressed in nice dress slacks, with a nice button up shirt and a blazer.
“Hey honey” He replied,
Jocelyn smiled and hugged him tightly “How you doing?” she asked
“Oh fine” he replied with a sigh
“Ant Jocyn!” the little girl squealed again, and jumped into her arms
Jocelyn caught her with a laugh “My god baby,” she said “Happy Birthday sweetie”

Brooke Ann was the cutest little girl she had ever seen. She had the biggest blue eyes, and curliest blonde hair, that was in pig tails. She was wearing a pretty pink dress, with nice dress shoes.

“Tank ou” she replied smiling
Jocelyn smiled, as she adjusted her on her hip and held up the bag for her to see.
“I got you something” she said with a smile
“Yeay!!” Brooke clapped her hands together, ready to reach for it
“Uh I’ll take that” Brandon said, as he took the bag
“Awww papa!” She pouted
Brandon laughed “You can have it after you have eaten baby” he said kissing her head
She made and face and looked at Jocelyn. Jocelyn smiled and kissed her head.
“Come inside” Brandon said “Take a load off, Steven should be out soon”

Jocelyn walked into the living room, and sat down on the couch putting Brooke onto her lap. Brandon came back and tossed a package down beside her. Jocelyn looked at it, then at him.

“Hot off the presses” Brandon replied

Jocelyn reached over and took the package and opened it up. Brooke had gotten off her lap by then, and went to turn on the TV. Jocelyn opened the package and could help but squeal, as she took the book out of the package. She took off the plastic wrap around it, and looked at the beautiful leaf cover; it read “Feels Like Home”. The picture was a faded picture of what looked like Main Street in Clinton, with trees everywhere. Jocelyn smiled, and got up and hugged Brandon tightly.

“OoO Thank you!” she said
He laughed and hugged her back “Your welcome” he replied “The book is to be released in a month, after that a book tour is set…the reviews have been great so far” he said
Jocelyn couldn’t believe she had gotten this book out, she knew exactly what she had to do next. She laughed and hugged Brandon again.
“Thank you sooo much” She said again
He laughed “Stop thanking me” he said
Just then Steven came out of the room, and saw them.
“Hey hey now…” he replied “What are you doing to my husband?”
Jocelyn smiled, and rushed towards him hugging him tightly.
“Just got my book” she replied
He laughed and hugged her back “Congratulations” he said
“Thank you” she said smiling
Then Brooke came over to them, and stood on the couch “Go now??” she questioned loudly
The 3 adults turned and looked at her and laughed.
”Alright come on let’s go celebrate” Brandon replied

They got on their jackets, and headed out to the car to have a big celebration for Jocelyn’s book and of course Brooke’s 2nd birthday.

~*~

Lance sighed as he walked down the stairs, stretching his hands out to the sky as he yawned. Cocoa followed him, chasing his feet ready to be fed for the morning. Lance laughed, as he bent down and patted her head.
“I know Cocoa” he replied
As he was about to walk through the foyer towards the kitchen he heard something hit his front door, and fall to the porch. His eye brows scrunched in confusion, as he walked towards the door. He unlocked it, and opened it slowly looking at the ground and noticed a brown package on his door step. He bent down and picked it up; it had his name and address. There was no return address though, he looked around and didn’t see anyone or anything out of the usual. He turned and walked inside, and closed the door. Then he walked into the kitchen putting the package down on the table, as he went and set up Cocoa’s food and water. When he was finished he sat down, and opened the package. He saw the book wrapped in plastic, and took it off, and read the cover; confused at the picture of Clinton’s Main Street, and then he saw the author.
“Jocelyn’s book” he replied, as he noticed her name written on the bottom.
He opened the book, and came across the dedication page, which read:

“To my friends and family in Clinton, Mississippi for making me realize where my home really is. And to Lance Bass, my one and only love, anywhere with you is home”

Lance sat in shock as he read it over again. Just then there was a knock on the door, and he rushed to it hoping he knew who was there. He swung the door opened, and Jocelyn stood by her truck, the bed was filled with all her things from California.

“Do you forgive me??” Jocelyn asked smiling

Lance laughed, and rushed down the stairs towards her. Jocelyn squealed as she ran towards him, and into his arms as Lance lifted her up and twirled her around. He finally put her down, and they looked into each others eyes.

“I’m so sorry for everything” Lance said
Jocelyn smiled “I know” she said,

Lance moved his face towards hers pulled her into a passionate kiss. Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, as she kissed him back. Everything felt right again, she was home.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story