Epilogue

“Timothy Joseph!” Jocelyn called from the bottom of the stairs “Are you dressed?”
“Yes mama!” came the voice of the 5 year old boy, as he came down the stairs gripping the railing tightly. He had the brightest green eyes, and sandy blonde hair.
“Do you know where you dad is?” she asked him
“Uh I think he was in the studio” he said
“Okay…stay right here“ Jocelyn said “I don’t want to hear you running all over the place”
Timothy giggled, as he sat down in the living room and played with Cocoa “Okay mom”

Jocelyn walked down the hallway towards the studio, and knocked softly.

“Come in” she heard, and opened the door
Lance was sitting at the mixing board, and turned in his office chair. He saw her and smiled.
“Hey honey” he said, patting his lap
She smiled, and walked over to him and sat down on his lap.
“Are you almost done?” she asked “people are going to start arriving”
He wrapped his arms around her waist, and laid his hand on her semi flat stomach.
“Yea” he replied

She smiled, as she put her hand on his, and turned her head and kissed his cheek.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this again” she replied, “I’m 36 years old”
“So am I” Lance replied, and kissed her lips lightly “Don’t worry so much”
“I love you” Jocelyn said smiling
“I love you” Lance said, as he brought his lips towards hers once again and kissed them.

The kiss was broken when they heard the door bell, and Tim yell “MOM! The door!!” and then the bark of Cocoa. Jocelyn laughed, and got up, bringing Lance up as well.

“Coming!” she called, as she walked down the hall towards the door.

~*~

Soon everyone had arrived for Timothy’s 5th birthday party. Everyone was invited to this ‘big’ event, and practically everyone came. Everyone including Jocelyn’s Family, and Allyson’s, along with Joey’s, Justin’s, and Lance’s showed up. Allyson and Joey showed up with the now 7 year old Jenee, and Samantha who is 3. Chris had even come down from his practice in New York with his wife Dani, and their 5 year old daughter Hannah. She was the spitting image of Dani, with bright blue eyes, but dark brown hair like Chris. Brandon and Steven also came out from California with Brooke who was now 6 years old. Justin and Jack where the last to show up with their adopted daughter Jenny who was 3 years old.

Everyone was out in the back yard, the kids running around causing havoc, and having a great time. The adults were sitting around with their drinks on the porch swings, and chairs talking and catching up. Allyson came walking in through the kitchen from the living room; where Jocelyn was working on the food, she was holding Brooke on her hip, who was wiggling trying to get down. Justin came running through the kitchen chasing Jenny, who was screaming her head off and laughing, and Brooke wanted to go with them. Finally Allyson put Brooke down, warning Justin he was being followed, and then leaned against the counter.

“So…” Allyson asked “How you feeling?”
“Ehh” Jocelyn said “The morning sickness is definitely worst this time around” she replied
“Second one is easier…mostly” Allyson warned, she was the only one who knew about the second child, she had guessed it the day Jocelyn had found out.
“I just hope Tim takes it okay” Jocelyn said, looking out the window at her son who was being chased by Joey.
Tim was the only boy of the bunch, so he was definitely spoiled to the core. Allyson turned and watched Joey as well as he chased his god son.
“I can’t thank you enough for naming Tim after Jo” Allyson said
Jocelyn looked at her “It wasn’t a big a thing as you guys made it sound” she replied “You guys are his god parents”

Jocelyn couldn’t believe something that happened so long ago still had a huge affect on Allyson. Allyson smiled; tears started to run down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them and sniffled. Jocelyn heard her sniffle and turned and looked at her, and went over to hug her tightly. Allyson had gotten pretty sick with Samantha, and it was impossible for her to have any more kids. Joey had really wanted a boy, but since it was not possible anymore, Tim was the next best thing. They broke the hug, and Allyson wiped her eyes on a napkin and went to help Jocelyn finish lunch.

Soon everyone had eaten, and it was time for cake and presents! Jocelyn had gone clear over to the market in the next town, to get his favorite Chocolate Ice-cream cake, and had it decorated with the characters from Toy Story. Tim was sitting at the head of the table, Lance behind him as he stood on the chair as Jocelyn placed the cake in front of him. She lit the candles quickly, and Tim closed his eyes tightly making a wish before blowing them out, then everyone sang Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs. Everyone clapped, and Lance started cutting the cake as Jocelyn went and passed it out to everyone who wanted a piece. Soon it was time for presents, so Tim sat down yet again at the head of the table with the mountains of presents in front of him. He got everything from socks to the latest video games, and movies; he was too excited. Finally things began to whine down, as the kids were getting tired and falling asleep on their parents laps. Jocelyn had gone and set up blankets and pillows in the living room where all the kids sat and watched movies and eventually fell asleep as the parents stayed out back and talked.

“Lance and I have an announcement” Jocelyn started
Everyone turned and looked at them, as Jocelyn gripped Lance’s hand.
"You're getting married...oh wait nevermind" Justin said laughing
Jocelyn looked at him, and rolled her eyes.
“No...I’m pregnant” Jocelyn announced
With that the cries of the women could be heard miles away, as they got up and hugged Jocelyn tightly. Jocelyn laughed as she hugged them all
“We understand it may be different…since I’m so old” she said
“Oh hush” Brandon said “You swear…”
Jocelyn laughed “But…Lance and I are excited” she said
“You should be” Dianna replied “Do you want a girl or boy”
“It doesn’t matter” Jocelyn replied “As long as it’s healthy”
That didn’t satisfy everyone. There then was a big ol discussion about the baby being a boy or girl, and what the right names would go with Bass. Jocelyn sighed, and leaned back in her chair, and Lance leaned over to whisper in her ear.
“Is it what you expected your life to turn out like?” he asked
Jocelyn looked at him, and grinned “Yes…and more” she replied

He smiled, and kissed her lips lightly. Jocelyn sat back and watched her family once again. Nothing could take her away from this place again; it was where her family and friends where, it was where love was and it was where her home was.

-*-The End-*-


For more fun with Jocelyn and the gang, check out my short story series: 'Happily Ever After' http://archive.whimsicalfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=154
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

Completed
Sassy Spacey is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked A Love Of Two Households also liked 32 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story