Chapter 05: Him

‘LANCE!’ her mind screamed as she tried to remain calm as he looked at her, through the dimly lit bar.

“Wow, it is you” he said smiling “How are you Joc?”

Jocelyn gulped, he used the forbidden nickname, she was just about to let him have a piece of her mind when she realized she was in public, in front of people she hadn’t seen in years…and her break up with Josh was still new, she really didn’t want to get into another fight.

“Lance…” she managed to say, trying her best to smile
He pulled her into a hug, and they broke it and he sat on the stool next to her.
“Everyone was right, you are here, and you look great” he said “How are you?”
“I’m doing well” she said smiling “How about you, I heard you’re doing well for yourself”
“Hah, not as good as you that’s for sure” he said
“Try me, what do you do?” she asked him,
“I’m a music teacher, at our old high school” he said smiling
“Wow” she said “That’s great, you always had the voice that’s for sure”

Jocelyn remembered his voice, it used to haunt her in her dreams; his deep bass voice would rock her to sleep any day. Lance smiled at her compliment. They continued making small talk, about the past 7 years not getting into anything to deep, just a conversation between old friends. Across the bar, Justin who had been sharing a dance with his boyfriend, looked over and saw Jocelyn facing the other way talking to someone. He looked at the mysterious man, and tried to put a face to the figure. Joey and Allyson went to take a break, well kind of Allyson the worrier that she was went to use the pay phone to call Joey’s parents to make sure Jenee was ok, and Joey went to mingle with some friends. Jack put his hands on each side of his boyfriend face, and made him look at him.

“J” he said
Justin’s gaze broke from Jocelyn and looked at his boyfriend “Yea?” he said
“Stop worrying…” Jack said
“I can’t help it Jack” he said “You don’t know what happened to her…”

Jack sighed and looked up at Justin, and wrapped him in a tight embrace. They broke the hug, and Justin smiled and kissed Jack’s nose and then turned back to Jocelyn and saw the man she was talking to: Lance. A scowl grew across his face, and he broke away from Jack’s arms, walking towards Jocelyn and Lance. Jack saw the guy who was talking to Jocelyn, and groaned, this could be bad he started to walk after Justin trying his best to catch up. Joey saw how Justin took off quickly from the dance floor and looked in the direction he was going and saw Lance talking to Jocelyn.
‘Oh shyt’ he thought ‘hell’s about to break lose’

Jocelyn was actually enjoying her conversation with Lance when someone came over and draped an arm around her shoulder; she looked her side and saw Justin, with a very angry expression on his face.

“Hello James…” Justin said coldly
Lance looked from Jocelyn to Justin and sat up straight. “Justin…” he said back calmly
Jocelyn reached up, and gripped Justin’s hand making him look at her.
“It’s alright J” she said smiling at him

Justin looked at her cautiously, and then at Lance again. He trusted her, but he didn’t trust him. Then Jack finally made his way over to them, and was kind of huffing as he stood behind Justin.

“Geezish J, walk any faster” Jack said
Lance looked at Jack, and then at Justin.
“Oh…this is the new boyfriend” Lance said smiling and stood up
He put his hand out to him “Hi, I’m Lance” he said
Jack looked at him “Jack” he said shaking his hand

Jocelyn watched the scene sacredly, she didn’t know what Lance was thinking or what he was going to do, Justin either but he looked pretty pissed.

“No wonder Justin never dated any girls in high school” Lance said grinning
Jocelyn looked at Lance “Lance…don’t” she said “Please…”
“What I did in high school, is none of your business James…” Justin said
Lance snickered “Of course not” he said

Then good ol Joey came to save the day, he and Allyson walked over
“Hey Lance, buddy” he said pulling Lance into a hug “It’s been awhile how are you?”
Lance looked at Joey and grinned “Good…how about you, I hear you have a new daughter” he said
“Yup…Jenee” Joey said proudly

Joey and Lance got into small talk, as Allyson broke away from Joey’s side and went to her friends.

“You guys alright?” she asked
Jocelyn looked at her and nodded “Fine…” she said
Justin sat down on the other side of Jocelyn, keeping the mean scowl on his face, and Jocelyn turned to him.
“Justin…” she said rubbing his back
He mumbled something and turned away. Jocelyn sighed and laid her head on his shoulder.
“Justin…talk to me…” she said
”How could you…even look at him after what he did?” Justin asked
Jocelyn sighed, “Juju that was 7 years ago…”
“Maybe…but it killed you…I was there remember…” he said
“I know you were…and I will always love you for that” she said wrapping her arm around his waist pulling him into a hug.
“I didn’t tell you earlier…but I just got out of a major relationship…and I really didn’t feel like getting into a brawl…especially with Lance and all these people around watching” she said
“Who were you dating?” he asked
“Joshua Chasez” she said
Justin’s face dropped “The actor Joshua Chasez?” he questioned
Jocelyn semi smiled and nodded
“What happened?” Justin asked
“He thought I was cheating…” Jocelyn said
“Were you?” Justin asked innocently
“Justin!!” Jocelyn said looking at him
Justin blushed “Just wondering…” he said
Jocelyn laughed “Come on…enjoy the rest of the night” she said “Please…”

Justin sighed and looked at Jocelyn, and smiled and hugged her close. Jocelyn smiled as she hugged one of her closest friends, it felt so good to be in his arms, she remembered him comforting her after she found Lance, and he was the best friend anyone could ask for. They broke the hug, and Justin kissed her head.

“Ready to dance?” he asked

Jocelyn grinned and looked at Jack, to make sure it was ok and he smiled encouragingly at them and nodded. Jocelyn got up, and they made their way to the dance flooring trying to forget anything bad had ever happened.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story