Chapter 08: Friends Again

Jocelyn dressed in dark denim jeans, a low cut blue shirt and a dark denim jean jacket. Her hair was up in a casual pony tail, and she put light make-up on. Her parents were in the living room watching TV, again. Jocelyn told them she was going to have dinner with Allyson and Joey at their house. She called Allyson and told her the plan; she was a little skeptical about it but went along with it. Jocelyn walked out of her room and saw her parents.

“Hey baby, leaving?” Dianna asked
Jocelyn nodded “I won’t be out too late ok?” Jocelyn said

Dianna nodded. Jocelyn hugged her parents good-bye then walked out the door to her truck. She drove to the “Hickory Pit”, which was a 25 minute drive. She got there and sighed. She re-did her lip-gloss, then got out of the car and locked it, then walked to the entrance. Lance was already sitting at a booth in the back. Jocelyn walked towards him trying not to freak herself out. Lance looked up and saw her and smiled, he motioned for her to come over. She put on a smile and walked towards him.

“Hey” Lance smiled “I thought you were gonna stand me up”
Jocelyn sat down “Why would I do that?” she said
Lance shrugged “You look great by the way” he said
Jocelyn blushed “Thanks, you look good yourself” she said.
He was wearing dark jeans, and a white button up shirt that was tucked in. Lance grinned.
“So, how was the rest of your walk?” Jocelyn asked
“It was good” Lance said
The waitress came and they ordered iced teas, then Jocelyn finally picked up the menu.
“So what have you been doing with yourself these past 9 years?” Lance asked
“Well…goin to school and writing basically” Jocelyn said

They talked for a long time. Just about everything since they last saw each other. Jocelyn was still mad at him for the way he ‘broke up’ with her, but their friendship was starting to blossom again. Lance told her about his years of ‘finding’ himself, when she broke up with him, he was lost. He had no idea where to go, finally he decided on Southeastern College of Florida where he got his degree in teaching and music, he learned to play the piano, and guitar, etc. then he came back home and started at the high-school. His and Joey’s friendship was never the same. They lost touch when Lance went to college. Jocelyn told him about her trip to UCLA. She lived in a dorm with a girl who was never home, and she worked at a supermarket to get some cash. She told him about her struggle to becoming the writer she wanted to be and meeting Brandon, and how they helped each other. She told him about her first big break, all the stars she got to meet. She didn’t say anything about Josh, she didn’t feel the need. Their dinner had gone very well, better then she thought it would go. It was soon 9:30 and Jocelyn thought it was about time she head home. Lance walked her to her car.

“Thanks for having dinner with me” Lance said
Jocelyn smiled “Thanks for inviting me” she said
“Well…I guess I’ll see you later then” Lance said

Jocelyn nodded, this was turning awkward fast. Jocelyn then went in and hugged him, he was shocked at first but he wrapped his arms around her hugging her back. Jocelyn closed her eyes and breathed in the familiar scent of ‘Lance’, it felt so good to be in his arms again. They broke the hug and Lance looked at her.

“I better get going” she said
She got out her car keys and unlocked her car. She then got in and rolled down the window starting the car.
“I’ll see you later” she said
“Ok, bye” Lance said

He then walked towards his car. Jocelyn sighed and leaned back against her seat, she was falling again. She started her car and drove home. She got there about 20 minutes later, and stepped out of her truck and walked to her house. Her mom was in the living room reading a women’s magazine. She looked up when Jocelyn walked into the house.

“Hey sweetie, how was dinner?” Dianna asked
“Good” Jocelyn said
“Josh called…I called Allyson’s and Jo’s, but Allyson said you were busy” Dianna said
“Yea, I was changing Jenee she got into the mud outside” Jocelyn said quickly
She then looked around ‘Where’s my phone…Allyson didn’t call my…’ she stopped in mid-thought when her mom picked up her phone from the coffee table.
“You left your phone here” her mom said handing it to her
Jocelyn took it from her, putting it in her pocket.
“What did Josh say?” Jocelyn asked
“Nothing much…why didn’t you tell me you guys were back together…” Dianna said
“What?’ Jocelyn asked “We’re not together”
“That’s what he said; he’s coming out soon…” Dianna said
“Out?! Here” Jocelyn asked
Dianna nodded “I invited him”
“Ma!” Jocelyn said “Josh and I are not together anymore”
Dianna eyes got big “Ok! Jocelyn, relax honey” she said
Jocelyn took a deep breath “Ok, I’m sorry” she said “Did anyone else call?”
Dianna shook her head “No” she said
Jocelyn then kissed her moms cheek “I’m going to bed night”
“Night baby” Dianna said

Jocelyn walked into her room and put her stuff down on her dresser, then changed into her PJ’s. She got into her comfy bed and closed her eyes thinking about ‘Lance’, and she drifted into a deep sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story