Author's Chapter Notes:

Courtney Rae Timberlake

Casey Sawyer

A few days later, I sat at my desk in the office, perched up to my computer, figuring out the figures to my art sales for last week, when I looked to up to see Casey walking in with a huge smile on her face. She seemed a lot more happy than usual. Although she’s the happiest person I know.

 

 

“What is going on with you? Why are you so happy?” I asked her as walked towards my desk, before settling herself on the edge.

 

 

“Someone’s here to see you.” She sung, as her chocolate colored eyes had lit up with excitement. She crossed one of her legs over the other.

 

 

I looked at her with confusion. “Who is here to see me?”

 

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “The hell if I know. He wanted to see you. He’s so cute.” She swooned. If I didn’t already know, I wouldn’t had thought that she was happily married.

 

 

“Hey, don’t make me tell Brian you’re lusting after other men.” I playfully threatened her, while she smacked her lips, waving me off.

 

 

“Oh, please! Brian does the same thing. Every woman he sees, he’s like,” she cleared her throat, “‘Man she’s fucking hot, man.’” Casey tried to imitate her husband’s voice, which caused me to bust out laughing. “It’s the truth, April. If he say that other women are hot, then I can say that other men are hot. And speaking of hot men, there is a really, really hot guy out there. Who asked personally for you.” She pointed a delicate, French Manicured, finger at me.

 

 

I sighed. “Did he say what his name was?”

 

 

Again she shrugged her shoulders. “I didn’t think to ask. I was too busy staring at his ass.” She winked and hopped off of my desk and bounced all of the way over to hers. “And it’s perfect.” She said as she sat down at her desk. I shook my head in shame at her banter. “He’s waiting for you.” She looked at me, noticing that I hadn’t moved from my seat.

 

 

Again I sighed. I reluctantly stood to my feet and walked from behind my desk.

 

“And hey, April,” I stopped in my tracks and turned to her, “you look great. Just to let you know.” She smiled and turned back to her computer.

 

 

I waved her off and continued to walk out to the showcase room. I had a clue to who it probably was that is in that showcase room. I kind have had been avoiding him. That night that I decided to call him, I decided against it. I guess it was from me being scared about calling a man that I barely knew. Or it could have been from the fact that my last boyfriend was married. And my heart was still healing from that.

 

 

 

I continued to walk out to the showcase room, when I was forced to stop dead in my tracks.

 

 

Why was he here? Oh, no. I hope I’m not hallucinating again. I knew I shouldn’t have eaten that damn turkey sandwich from the restaurant across the street, that was known for it’s excellent customer service and terrible food.

 

 

Ok, I took a deep breath, as I closed my eyes. I shook my head from side to side, trying to shake all of my bad thoughts of him. When I peeped out of my right eye to see him still standing there, I was disappointed to still find him standing there.

 

 

Ok, what if I just turned around and walked back into the office, and tell Casey to kick him out? I mean he still hadn’t noticed me. He still had his back turned towards me.

 

 

Yeah, that’s what I decided to do.

 

 

I then turned heel and started to walk back to my office. By I didn’t get two steps in, before I was stopped dead in my tracks again.

 

 

“April?” I heard his voice call out to me.

 

 

God, I felt as if I hadn’t heard his voice in forever.

 

 

“April, is that you?”

 

 

I just stood there. Why couldn’t I move? I wanted to run for the hills, but my damn feet felt like they were stuck to the ground. Oh, God, why couldn’t I just move?

 

 

I sighed, before closing my eyes. “What are you doing here?” I said still having my back toward him.

 

 

I heard him clear his throat, before speaking. “I just…I just came to see you. To see how you were doing. Joe, told me you finally had him replace that starter.”

 

I whipped my whole body around to face him. “Don’t do that. Don’t come in here, my job to be exact…don’t come in here and try to pretend that everything between us is peaches and cream, when they are not. I thought I told you that there was nothing between us anymore.”

 

 

His face tensed. I could tell that hit a sore spot. I read it in his cerulean eyes. He took in a deep breath and sighed. “April, I know that everything between us wasn’t perfect…”

 

 

I cut him off. “Perfect?! Justin, you’re married.”

 

 

“You knew that when you met me. If that that was the case, then why’d you keep fucking me?” He spat at me.

 

 

“Fuck you, Justin.” I spat at me. How dare he make me feel like the ho in this relationship?

 

 

I turned around on my heel again, intending on walking away. But before I could get anywhere, he grabbed me by my elbow, stopping me. He spun me back around towards him. “April, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I just…I miss you, ok. I really need to talk to you.”

 

 

I shook my head. “We said everything that needed to be said. There’s nothing else to say.”

 

 

It was his turn to shake his head. “How do you know that? Please,” he stuffed his hands in his pockets, “just come have a cup of coffee with me.”

 

 

I shook my head for what seemed like the hundredth time today. “No, Justin. I don’t have anything to say to you.”

 

 

He looked down at me with those baby blue eyes that could make me surrender under anything. “But I have something to say to you.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: otherwoman