Author's Chapter Notes:
short but sweet

Maternity leave was a blessing in disguise Anielle realized as she watched Tyra that Monday morning that it started. She was about eight and half weeks along and wanted to have everything ready for that date.

 

JC had been in New York doing some TRL stops and promotion for the album that was actually due out around the same time as her due date, both of them chuckled when the got the news of his release date already knowing the due date of their babies.

 

Hearing the door bell go off Anielle wiggled her way off the couch and towards the front door seeing an UPS guy at the door she opened it but jumped back when she saw JC’s smiling face under the UPS hat.

 

“Nice outfit,” She giggled.

“You always said you loved a man in uniform,” he winked.

 

“The kaki shorts are a plus,” she said looking at his skinny white legs poking out of them.

“Oh shut it and sign for your package,” he said handing her a square object and a piece of paper.

 

“There is nothing on this,” She told him.

“Hey I got the outfit last minute what more do you want,” JC asked.

 

“How bout you come in and will have a little package delivery of our own before my husband gets home,” she smiled.

 

“I don’t do pregnant women,” he said.

“Jace,” Anielle giggled making him smile at her.

 

“Get in here,” she said pulling on his arm.

Following her waddling form to the couch he helped her sit down and pulled off the hat and ran a hand through his hair.

 

“You gonna open that,” he asked.

“I was gonna wait till Christmas,” she said with a roll of her eyes.

 

“Ok,” he shrug and went to take it from her,” chuckling when she pulled back and looked at him with a look that if could kill, would have.

 

“Oh fine than party pooper I’m gonna go change out of this outfit,” he said.

 

“JC where is your bags,” Anielle asked as she pulled at the paper around the object.

 

“In my car, I’ll get them later,” he said.

 

Anielle smiled as she pulled the CD case out of the paper and ran her hand over her husband’s face.

It was real, the album he spent a year making, another year trying to get released under his record company, and than after a fall out another six months till this.

 

Pulling the case open she remembered when JC had played her the demo tracks of it way back when, she barley remembered it now, though she did ask when she was gonna get her real copy when JC said it was finished.

 

He had told her when the time was right; looking through the album jacket she stopped in the thank you's she read through and smiled at the stuff that she new about, it was different reading this one and knowing what a lot of the inside jokes or sayings meant.

 

The last line before he thanked the fans made her tear up.

 “To my Anielle, my love, my life, my wife who I have nicknamed Kat, this is for you. I just forgot the E.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story