"Thank you guys for coming out! We hope that you had as much fun as we did! Good night!" The five of them took their bows and waved to the crowd of 50,000 people before running off stage. The five of them all made their way to their dressing rooms.

Justin groaned as he and Joey reached their dressing room. "I'm so tired."

"Me too. The crowd was great tonight though. Full of energy," Joey replied.

"Yeah." Justin saw Joey wince while taking off his shirt. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"Yeah. I ran into one of railings. I guess I wasn't paying attention." Justin and Joey both laughed. They made their way to the buses where the others where standing, waiting for them.

"Where are we going?" Chris asked.

"On the bus," Joey said as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"I know that. I mean where's our next stop?"

"You know. New city, new state, same country," Justin answered.

"And which city and which state in this same country?" Chris asked again.

"Uh…somewhere that has a lot of trees?"

"That really helps. Thanks a lot, Scoop," Chris said sarcastically putting emphasis on Lance's nickname since he didn't really have the 'scoop'. The guys all laughed.

"Who's riding with who and on which bus?" JC questioned rubbing his eyes.

"I'll ride with Chris on that bus." Justin pointed over his shoulder to the bus that was behind him.

Lance looked questioningly at Joey and JC. "Should we let these two alone together?"

"They know better than to misbehave." JC gave them a warning glance.

"Yeah or he'll kick your asses!" Joey quipped.

"What are you guys talking about? We've never been bad," Justin objected.

"I seem to recall a time that you two thought it would be funny to play a prank on James when you reached a rest stop. James nearly left you two stranded there." Lance laughed along with Joey and JC.

"It was all Justin's idea!" Chris pointed toward Justin.

"Was not!"

"Was to!"

"Was not!"

Chris raised himself up on his toes to try to match Justin's height. "Was to!"

"This is so childish," JC muttered. Chris had heard what JC said and turned from Justin to JC.

"Oh, look at Big Daddy. So mature and responsible." JC rolled his eyes.

"We really need to get going, guys," Jenny said looking at her watch. Lance jumped and turned in surprise at hearing her voice.

"Oh, I forgot you were there!" Lance exclaimed.

Jenny was Johnny Wright's daughter. He had asked her to make sure that the boys ran on schedule since he was too busy with other things to follow them on tour. "Right. Anyway, it's going to take a day and a half to get there and we don't need to be late. So get movin' or I'll have your heads."

"Yes, ma'am!" Chris stood up straight and saluted Jenny before he got on the bus with Justin right behind him, but not before telling the others that they would see them later. Once Justin and Chris were on their bus, the remaining three guys got on the remaining bus.

Joey plopped down on the couch while JC headed for his bunk. "I'm going to sleep. I'm beat. Good night guys."

"Night," Lance and Joey chorused.

"Why don't you go to sleep in your bunk, Joe? It's like three feet away," Lance told him.

"So's yours," Joey replied.

Lance chuckled. "Good night, Joe." Joey didn't hear him though. He was out like a light.

Lance winced looking at the position that he fell asleep in. "He's not going to feel too good when he wakes up." Joey was half sitting on the couch with his head back and off to the right.

He yawned and knew that he should go to bed so he went into his own bunk to get some sleep. He managed to fall asleep only to wake up a couple hours later from a nightmare he had.

Even after a year later, the nightmares still haunted him. A lot had taken place in the cabin and Lance felt that even though the ghosts were gone, the fear of them and what could've happened lived inside him. He would usually always wake up in a cold sweat. Luckily, he never screamed when he woke up. He knew that if he did, the others would come running. He used to awake screaming right after they came back from the cabin, but since he was in his own house, none of the guys knew.

Lance sighed and stood up. He knew that he wouldn't be able to get back to sleep for at least another hour. He quietly entered the kitchen slash living room area and got himself a glass of water. He could hear two people snoring. The one was the other driver, Tom. Lance knew that he would probably take over the driving soon. The other person was Joey. He had stretched out on the couch since Lance had last seen him. Lance finished his water and settled down on the couch in the back of the bus.

The couch was really comfortable and Lance fell asleep within minutes. He normally didn't get that tired, but since he'd been having nightmares he hadn't been getting as much sleep as he normally does. None of the other guys seemed to notice though and Lance liked it that way too. Things had finally started to get back to normal and he didn't want to disrupt that.

He could remember when they first got back JC wasn't himself. He locked himself in his house. He would only come out to go to the recording studio and pick up some food. He had gone through a period where he wrote a wide range of songs. Some of them had sad lyrics while others had angry lyrics. None of the songs he wrote had happy lyrics. They all knew that music was JC's way of coping with what happened. JC had refused to put them on the new album though.

"It was therapeutic for me and I don't care to share my personal thoughts and emotions about what happened with the whole world," JC had said. Lance knew that the other reason JC didn't want them on the new album was because it was easier to forget if he got it all out of his system and didn't think about it again. He remembered when Justin and JC had an argument about JC's songs being put on the album.

"JC?" Justin said to get JC's attention. JC was sitting behind the recording booth messing with the controls trying to find the perfect sound to a song they were currently working on.

"Hm?" JC asked not even bothering to look up at Justin. His mind was completely focused on the task at hand.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you about your song."

JC groaned and looked up at Justin. He was annoyed that Justin had found his songs. He hadn't planned on any of the guys reading what he wrote. It was his way of letting go of what happened.

"What about it, Justin?" JC cocked an eyebrow at Justin.

"I was just wondering when you want to start rehearsing it."

JC shook his head. "We've already talked about this, Justin. I told you I don't want this on the album. Did you think that my answer was going to change?"

"I was hoping. Besides, that's what you said about the song I asked you about last week. This is a totally different song," Justin protested.

"I don't care. The answer is no. I don't want any of those songs on the album," JC said.

"But Josh," Justin whined. "You don't understand..."

JC interrupted him. "I don't understand? No, you don't understand. I said that I don't want those songs on the album and I mean it. Why can't you just let it go?"

"Because if we put more songs on the album like the ones you're writing then we'll be taken more seriously and respected more because it doesn't sound 'popish'. We'll be looked at as men with talent rather than 'just another boy band'," Justin explained.

"I don't care. They're too personal. I didn't write the songs that I did for the fans, the media, or for the respect. I wrote them for me. No one else."


Justin had finally accepted that JC wouldn't be putting any of his songs on the album and let it go. They had released the album two months ago and it broke all of their previously held sales records. The fans had really missed them and pulled together to shoot the sales through the roof. Lance smiled at that as he finally gave in to sleep.

Later Lance woke up to someone shaking him awake. He groaned and rolled over while the person snickered at him. "It's time to wake up Sleepyhead," Joey said petting Lance's head.

Lance groaned and rolled back over to face Joey. He looked at his watch. It read 9:20 am. "Too early."

"You hungry?" Joey asked. "Besides, who do you think you are hogging the couch like this? Where are JC and I supposed to sit? On the floor?"

Lance rolled his eyes and got up. He stretched and sat across from Joey and JC in the booth. JC handed him a tall cup of coffee. "Thanks," Lance said as he inhaled the scent of his coffee and took a sip. He felt more awake now.

"McDonald's again?" Lance groaned when he saw Joey pulling his food out of the bag.

JC laughed seeing the frown on Lance's face. "There was a gas station next door and I got you donuts instead."

"Thanks, Jace. I really appreciate it." Lance smiled his thanks as he picked up a chocolate donut.

Just then JC's phone rang. He looked at the caller id. It was Chris. "Hello? Chris?" There was no response on the other end though. All JC could hear was screaming and really loud music before the line went dead.

He looked down at his phone confused. "What the hell?"

"What? Who was it?" Lance asked.

"It was Chris on his cell, but he wasn't saying anything. It sounds like they have a party going on with all of the loud music and screaming."

"They probably are. They don't have you or Lance, the voices of reason, to stop them from doing what they want," Joey said.

"They're so juvenile," JC commented shaking his head.

"Maybe they're just trying to live up to their stereotypes as the goofy ones," Joey suggested.

"I'd say they're doing a good job then with all of the pranks they pull together," Lance replied.

"We should get them back someday for all of the pranks they've pulled on us." The three of them laughed together.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story