JC's POV

Ok, why was I doing this? Why am I even here? I really shouldn't have said that. She just bothered me and the truth came out. More like blurting out my thoughts. Time I start a little truth game with her. I thought about scaring her a little. Just so she can know what its like to have her heart broken. She obviously hasn't. Saying shit like that to me. I better correct this before she starts getting crazy ideas.

"Brian will turn on you, its just taking a while because he doesn't like to be lonely."

She looked at me with disgust in her eyes. "You are a sad piece of shit. Like I'm going to believe anything that comes outta your mouth."

"The truth hurts. I'd rather know the truth then live in a lie. Call me petty names are you want, you know deep down that I'm right."

"Shut up."

"It hurts. It kills you inside to know that he doesn't care the way you want him to. Then you'll see what I'm talking about."

She shook her head, passing my words away. "No, unlike some people, he wouldn't do that. Wait--"

She turned to me and my eyes grew wide. "What?"

"How'd you know I was here? Are you following me?" She narrowed her eyes.

Pttf, who was she kidding? "You've got to be joking. I just came back from my date. It was near here, I decided to take a walk."

She rolled her eyes and lunged out of the swing. Well, I guess she doesn't care. It was a pretty lame excuse. But hell if I'm gonna admit that I had nothing else better to do today; and she just wouldn't go away. From my head. Yeah, maybe seeing her was a good idea. Even if she hates me too. As do I. Well, who knows? How do you hate someone you don't know?

"What are you doing here? Wouldn't you rather be somewhere else? Like, I don't know, the nearest STD club? Even if you came here by accident, why are here still?" She whispered but I heard every word.

Even if I was right about Brian, maybe I'm not, I would have said my shit and left by now. Fuck I hate this. I have no idea what's going on. I never chased a chic before. They go for me. But this isn't a chase. We don't feel that way.

We don't. She doesn't. I don't. Nothing's changed.

"Brian he--" I looked at her as she paused, "he's not like every guy. He isn't the person that would hurt someone. He isn't."

I didn't know how to respond. Believe it or not, its not entirely a scare tactic. I just get this feeling about him. You know, nice guy on paper, probably what she needs, but he's a father. Father's are different. They're family men. They care a lot more than men like me and their family is prority. Its almost like a given. Brian wasn't married a long time, but he's the type that cares about being a father.

Maybe that's what Amelia sees in him. Maybe she never had a father. Brian can only give friendship for so long. I don't know anymore. Its 4:30pm and I'm getting tired.

Maybe she, no that's crazy, she'd think I was crazy. Its going to get dark pretty soon. Fall usually brings the dark in more rapidly. Actually, I hardly noticed the sun setting around us. No wonder everything looked like orange juice.

Wait--what? Where'd she go? That was like 5 seconds ago, she couldn't have gotten far. Maybe she's in the parking lot. I really don't wanna look for her. Oh great, didn't have to. She was walking straight to the lot. I wanted to check if she was actually leaving or I actually scared her to the point of fixation. Women are so sensitive its such an issue.

Hmm, what the hell? The bus stop? Is she really taking the bus back now? Its like nearly black outside and the streetlights are barely working. Is something wrong with her?

I jogged over to the stop, just trying to see what the hell's going on. She was just sitting with her legs pulled up on the steel bench. That's gotta be uncomfortable. I always hated riding the bus. So I guess that answers how she came here.

She didn't move a muscle until I sat down. I threw my hands up and made a sound.

"So what the hell are you doing?"

"Waiting for the bus."

"Why, where's your car?"

"Not here."

"You do know its getting late and its suicidal to ride the bus?"

"Yes, I'm aware, but I'm a risk taker."

"So what are you saying, you wanna die?"

"No, I have no other way of getting home anyway. Walking would take twice as long."

I can't believe I was doing this. I can't believe I'm still here.

"Where do you live?"

"Yeah, as if I'm going to tell you."

"Amelia, I have a car. You don't have to ride the bus."

"That's nice but I'd rather ride the bus, thank you."

My god. Its like pulling teeth. "You know, I'm just offering a safe ride, you don't have to take my head and nuts off."

"Hmm, that sounds like something you'd do. But really, I'm alright. Actually, I need to go somewhere before home."

"Oh? Where's that?"

She sighed loudly, "Why?"

"Because I'm hungry and I might wanna go eat too."

After a few long moments. "Sbarro's."

Hmm, I haven't had pizza in a long time. Actually, I haven't had much time to really sit down and eat. I don't eat with my girls. Well, we eat but its not food.

"Nice, I could go for some pizza. Plus I have a warm car. Nice and cushy, no scary hobos around."

Her forehead crinkled and she finally looked me in the eye, "You wanna hang out, with me?"

I swallowed hard, "If I have to answer that, I guess so."

She smiled, "So this is you being nice?"

"Yeah, I kind of hate it. Let's go." I pulled her up and she walked with me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story