JC's POV

I had no idea her closet was so spacious. Good for me. If it was Brian I was most definitely going to make a scene, but I wanted to make her think I wasn't here first. I like surprises like everybody else. Let's see her explain this one to someone as loyal as Brian. Oh I almost can't wait for the fun to start. I think I hear voices. It was someone else's.

It had to be him. I was almost praying for it or I was going to leave. Who was I kidding? Why leave when I'm having so much fun? She told me to leave but she didn't mean it. She barely said anything when my arms were on her. She gave herself away.

Oh shit, here they come. Places. Now I gotta find the right moment to chime in.

I gotta admit this was pretty low. Hell, I was too fucking curious. I've got nothing better to do and I'm looking to stir up drama any way I can. Can't wait. What the hell?

Why was it so god damn silent? I went into super hearing mode. I held my breath. I tend to breathe loudly when I'm nervous.

"...how is he? You said he had a cold? Is he feeling any better?" I heard Mia coming closer.

I peeked through the spot of light through the crack of the closet and narrowed my eyes. That was Brian. Didn't really look like him. Normally I'm used to seeing him all J. Crew-looking and polished. He looked like he hadn't slept in days and threw on whatever clothes he wanted. Weird. I know he's not gay but that's a little strange.

They sat on the edge of her bed and held hands. Man what a sad display of affection. I can't stand the sight of these two any longer. It was time to make an announcement.

Maybe I should hold off. He could be saying something important and I didn't wanna miss a word.

"Hey," he kissed her knuckles, "I gotta tell you something."

She sat up straighter with curious eyes looking intently at him.

He drew a deep breath and looked her directly in the eye, "I really missed you today. I had a lot of fun with Baylee but I was thinking of you the whole time. I could not stop thinking of you. When I got your message I was so happy. But I forgot I had my phone on silent and I'm sorry I couldn't return the call right away. I really wanted to but usually when I'm with him its difficult to pick up calls sometimes."

I scoffed internally. Lame ass excuse. If he wanted to he would have. He's a guy. He always has options. He could have called. But I guess certain rules go out the door when you got a rug rat. Plus I wouldn't have gotten to spend time with her if he hadn't. I win this one.

"That's ok. I figured it was important to respect your time with your family. I never want to get in the way of any plans."

"Sweetheart you're never in the way. But I had to come over to say this in person."

"What?" Yeah what?

"Our record company sent out tour dates. It’s going to be soon."

I could tell she was trying to put on a brave face by smiling, "How soon?"

"I have until Monday. I'm flying early because the production team requested the boys and I be over there to rehearse. I'm sorry Amelia. I didn't know it was going to be this soon. I also didn't know the tour would be in high demand. I wasn't sure if the world wanted us around anymore." A half-assed apology, way to break her heart in the nice guy voice. Either way, it’s bad.

I felt kinda shitty  now. He was leaving. OK. But why can't she come on the tour? Or is it because you're bringing Leigh just to stir the pot? These are questions she should ask. She has the right to know. I would expect any girl to want to know these things before I went on tour. Granted, then I was partially monogamous. Bobby was a definitely a keeper. Ah, plus I got good PR from it at In Touch magazine and E! I was good either way. Everything I did back then benefited the fame even more. I doubt being in that group had equal opportunity. Being in Justin's annoying ass shadow was ball-crushing enough. I digress. Back to the soap opera.

She said nothing and hugged him. Kind of stiffly. I gotta hand it to her. She's a good actress. I've never known a chic not to bombard a guy she's seeing with questions when you say you have to go away for a long time. Wait, how much time did he say he'll be away for?

She stayed in the hug for what seemed like minutes. It was like they were really saying goodbye. Were they? Maybe this was a break up. If he's taking Leigh on tour then for sure it’s over. She didn't stand a chance. When a guy as devoted (Christian) as Brian, he's sort of a staunch supporter of the whole "staying together for the family" thing. Tragic. Kinda feel really bad. She didn't see it coming so soon. I did warn her a couple times but really I only did that because I wanted her to get hurt.
I wanted to push her buttons and keep pushing.

She finally pulled away and touched her forehead to his. "Why do I feel like this is goodbye?"

Finally, some honesty. Let's see how he manipulates her into thinking everything's all of a sudden ok.

"Is that what you think this is? Amelia, I'm not saying that. This is just something I have to do."

Yeah, I know the words "we're finished" weren't said but he just killed it by about 90% of chances they could work. Way to go buddy.

He kissed her softly on the cheek and got up from the bed. "I'm sorry. You deserve better than me maybe. I don't want you to be waiting for me until the tour is over.  It isn't right. Please don't hate me."

I think heard her scoff at him. I wonder what she's gonna do.

She looked anywhere but him. I couldn't blame her. Definitely didn't want to be her now.

"OK. Well, have fun on your tour." It was painful how sweet that sounded. Felt like it was choked out.

Brian stiffly turned around without looking back as he trotted out the door. The close of the door was small but felt so loud it made me jump a little. Oh boy, this was not the time I should be around.

When she finally left the room I took this as my opportunity to sneak out as soundlessly as I could. As I lifted the window to climb out I looked back with an odd look plastered on my face. I shrugged it off and hopped out the fire escape.

You know, hating her would go a long way if I didn't care so fucking much.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story