Amelia's POV

You know those moments where you aren’t supposed to hear what the other person’s conversation yet you listen anyway? I guess I was trying my hardest not to get so interested but this was reminding me so much of my own parent’s situation. I’m guessing this probably wasn’t easy for him to deal with. Stuff like that is trying on anyone. I’m surprised he seems amiable about the whole thing. No hard feelings. I’m probably passing too much judgment on someone who asked me if he could use my chair. The blond woman started to get up with her child holding her hand from behind. I’ll be honest; I hate children, especially babies, but this one, well… I’ll just say they have a cutesy factor. It grows on you. I guess I could appreciate a child if it’s well-behaved.

I averted my eyes when she looked in my direction. I guess she caught my nosy expression but thank god she didn’t say anything. I was lucky she left before I got in bigger trouble for listening in. I could only pretend to read the classifieds for so long.

Wasn’t I doing something else though? Maybe it’s so early that I can’t multi-task like I used to. It’s barely 9:30am, so why was I complaining? Maybe because it’s how I start my day; being a bitch. Well, not so much a bitch as being the real deal.

I sipped the iced latte next to me and let icy feeling trickle down my throat and placed a zinger on my senses.

Ok, now I’m officially not gonna grow some balls and put him in his place. I just can’t do it now. Tomorrow? The thing is I never know where JC’s going to be. I don’t follow him or anything but it’d be nice to know when I’m ready to do it. I’ve only seen him once and I’m talking about now. I just can’t do it. I really don’t know what’s wrong with me. This fucker basically has my life and all that comes with it and here I am, plain girl from Calabasas, and that’s it. There’s nothing to my life.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried to work for my dreams and in the end, it wasn’t worth it. No one gave me a chance. It wasn’t as easy as being hot and dancing your way to 10 million records. I mean, come on, how easy is that? A monkey can do it given he had a tux and a lisp.

But all I can do is stare. Again, don’t ask me if it’s a matter of being attractive. He’s just, ugh! There are so many reasons to march over there and beat the shit out of him. He’s touching her leg; it’s just not my day. I can’t just sit here and watch him.

I have to force myself to go over there and do it. It’s now or never. OK, right now.

"Are you Ok?" I jumped at the silvery voice behind me.

He had this amused look on his face. Not a nosy one like I had, just an overall curiosity.

I gave a flat smile, "Yeah, just, yeah I think I need some water."

He offered his untouched bottle to me, "Here, you can take mine. Are you feeling sick?"

I felt so embarrassed I couldn't look directly at him but I could feel his eyes staring me down. "No, don't know really. Maybe its too early for me."

He checked his watch and looked at me, "Its almost 10. I normally don't get up really early, not that 10 is that early or anything. My ex-wife and my son needed me."

Guess that answers the married inquiry. He seemed a little out of place but I just met this guy, hell I don't even know who he is.

"I see. I didn't mean to be sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I normally don't listen to people I don't know. Sorry, I'm being extremely rude. I'm Amelia..."

I stuck out my hand for him to shake. He graciously excepted, "Brian. Man, its been a while since I formally introduced myself to someone new. Kind of weird."

"I know, its always odd whenever I say my name. It's a weird feeling. Like I'm in a bubble or something." I laughed at my lame attempt at humor.

I guess he felt sorry so he joined me in the laugh. "Just at first. It's like, hey, its so new and this is how you're supposed to do this. Honestly, I can't deal with formalities. It's so awkward. But I was raised this way and I'd rather be nice and make a good impression then come off as some egotistic jerk."

I nodded, sipping the last of my latte and shaking the cup with the ice inside it. He had a point and I liked that off the bat. He was an honest guy, I could tell. "Let me guess... somewhere in Kentucky? Were you born there?"

He sipped his tall hot latte and nodded affirmatively, "Pretty much. Lexington was where I grew up. But I traveled so much in my life so I feel like mostly, anywhere I go can be home. I feel like I've lived 2 lives sometimes. Do you ever get that feeling?"

I wished I could relate. The last thing I could afford was gas to San Diego. I wasn't much for veering out of the state. You sort of need money for that. "Not really. I've lived most of my life here and I feel like its one of the most boring places out there. I say one of the most because there are some good things about but its a fallacy. But hey, that's like second date material anyway. Or as I like to call it, the date where you can slowly let your stomach out."

Again, it was rank but Brian was being a nice guy. I smiled at the way he was glancing my way. Just a few moments I wanted to drop kick an asshole but I figure there's always time for that when I feel like it. Naturally.



JC’s POV

OK, this had to be the 3rd time I’ve seen that girl in the same spot around the same time. Was I being stalked again? Oh man, Danniella keeps whispering shit in my ear and all I want to do is stab her in the eyes. I just want some peace. Am I dreaming too big? I know what these girls want and I give it to them. What more can you want? Is that weird to like that stuff? Ok, I’m getting insecure about it again. I get drained just listening to this girl yammer and believe me its pure yammering. It gets tiring just listening to girls talk about themselves; oh man, why me? Does that make me an asshole that I think that? Probably, but I don’t give a shit.

Good god, I can only pretend to read the same passage on the front page of the paper for so long before we go back to my place. But its too early for that. Oh man, just thinking about it now scares me. I hate it when they talk after it. I think most women talk so we can finish the job. Which is stupid because I'm more interested in coming before her anyway. No problem, this'll be like anybody only really no strings attached. I don't care for any sounds unless they're moans. Shouldn't be that hard. That's one way to get all this frustration out. I love it. Its such a rush to my head that I forget all the other shit that bugs me.

But why was I so frustrated? I don't get it. A second ago I was fine. I was almost too calm. But I don't know, I'm feeling mad.

Just look at her, chatting away with that O-Town jack off like it's the best conversation they've had. Makes me heave at the sight. I mean come on, from the neck up, she's about 5 maybe a 6 and he's, dare I say it, way out of her fucking league. Didn't they just meet too? Why are they getting so close so fast? Why am I caring? I got my own shit to deal with. But fuck, she just... so... average to me. So boring and really not worth getting to know. Pretentious and just blah. I can't believe how interlocking they are. It's simply a disgusting comeupins.

Her eyes are the scariest part about her. So not my type. I usually like them like me. Body type is everything. Skinny, compact, and easy to pick up for easy positions. It's important. Skinny is everything.

This girl is about 30 pounds overweight, frumpy, and way too confident for her appearance. I've hated when ugly girls were sure of themselves, its not right. Society won't except it and I certainly don't care for things like that. It's like they always act like they're better than everyone else. Plus, she looks like one of those people that get ugly with age. It skives my skin to know that she's stereotypically unpleasant to look at.

Just look at her. Ugh, and now she's pretending to have one of those low, Mariah Carey throaty laughs. It pains me that Brian's actually eating her up. Ew, not a good image; that was over share. What does she have to offer other than rank, and puke inducing antics. OK, I'm a little peeved at the idea that someone like her is just, ugh, why? One word comes to mind that pretty much sums her right up: dull.

I feel Daniella pull at my arm and I jerk my head slightly but go back to what I was doing. "What?"

"JC, come on. You're not even reading that stupid paper. You look really distracted. Why don't we just get out of here? Marmalade's open now at The Grove. I'm starving." She pulls my arm again and I sighed.

Girls eat? That's news to me. Where does it go I wonder. Stupid question but its funny to think about I think. I giggle and she looks at me funny. OK, I roll my eyes and take her hand.

"OK, come on. I'm ready to leave anyway." I concluded and we stood up, disposing of our remaining garbage.

I can't help it. I look over again. Ugh, just leave it alone. I've been just waiting to tell her what I really think since I saw her. What I really wanna know is why is she still pretending? Doesn't she know people see through fake confidence? It just bothers me. She's such a liar every time she smiles. It looks like one of those smiles that could mean a million things. But its obvious what its really supposed to mean. Doesn't she realize that she's just making it worse for herself? Why is she even bothering to to try?

Besides, last I heard Brian was separated from his ex-wife but they're getting together from what I hear. What makes her even think for second she has a chance in hell? She needs to check herself... in some porker rehab facility. What a loser.

"JC, come on now." Daniella shook me from my out-of-it trance.

If she didn't say anything, I would have caused a scene and believe me, that girl was going to get it big time. Brian wasn't going to go for someone like her. He had Leighanne. A fucking playboy supermodel! How do you fuck that shit up? If I were him, I'd bail now while he still has his balls intact. OK, that sounded a little gay. Now I know why Perez Hilton and people such like that think I smoke the pickle.

Uhoh, I forgot I was staring again. She was in the middle of a giggle fit when she caught me. No one could miss me. I was openly gawking in her direction. OK, I better walk out the the 7th circle of hell before things really heat up. Fuck, didn't I just miss my chance to fuck with her? Oh well, there's always time to do that on my own time. No rush. That's the beauty of knowing the truth, you just need a plan to execute.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story