Amelia's POV

The rest of the day I sat by myself. I needed to just relax from the outburst I didn't mean to have earlier. I guess people like that bring out the worst in me. JC needs to be severely castrated one day. But at least I got something out of the day. A guy. Man, I haven't met someone like him ever. He seemed a little too polite. But I didn't want to fret about it that part much. I knew who he was and I've made plans to see him again. I smiled as I remembered that last things we talked about.

"Do you remember the last time you thought about what you're going to say on a date? Or do you just wing it like me?"

He laughed, "I never really gave it much thought. All those things are a little weird anyway. I figure its a lot easier to fill the silences by trying to make her laugh. My ex-wife caught onto that in the beginning."

Yeah, he's still attached. Try not to get sucked in Mia. "Yeah, even if their not funny, trying to be funny was always my thing. I don't think I was ever decently good at anything else."

He turned around and stared at me "I'm sure that's not entirely true. We're naturally good at some things right?"

I shrugged, "Who knows? I guess a lot of us are more talented than we give ourselves credit for. I think that made more sense in my head. Heh, sorry."

He held my hand and smiled at me. I really feel like he was smiling at me. Everything was warm, I knew I was safe. The world was so still I almost wasn't sure if this was real or not. The way he was looking intimidated me a little. This was only the first day. But hell, this was crazy. Why was I freaking out over a stranger?

"Its OK. I don't know why I'm freaking out this much. I guess it really been a while since I knew what it all feels like again. Sorry for the excuses."

How did he know? I smile but cover it with my hand, "I thought that was my thing. Is this weird? Being this way around someone I barely know?"

"I honestly couldn't tell you. But I definitely wanna see you again. Or at least have fate bring us together just so we know its all legit."

I leaned in closer to his ear. I started to whisper something, "I think we don't have to worry about fate. We're doing OK."

I pulled back slowly and I felt his warms lips cover mine. Man oh man. I couldn't believe this. It had to have been maybe 5 seconds but it felt longer. My eyes were closed when I felt him pull back. I nearly nudged forward to finish what was started but I was so scared. Oh man, my body was shaking again.

"Wow..." I didn't have much to say as I sunk to the corner of the car.

I stared forward, silence taking over me as I thought about what just happened.

"Yeah, I, um, I'm sorry if I scared you I...."

I turned to him and put out my hand in a non-threatening way, "NO, I mean, no, Brian. I'm not scared. I think I was a little sad when you pulled away. I mean, well, it just happened quick."

He let a breath he was holding, "Yeah, it did. I actually meant to kiss you on your cheek but you turned your face a bit quickly, so..."

Everything in me shut down. I was upset but I couldn't show it. I couldn't show any emotion this early. I mean, come on. But it did bother me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Why was I apologizing?

He shook his head, quietly speaking, "Its not your fault. It getting late though. Baylee's asleep now but I promised Leigh I would have a talk with her before it got too late."

Oh my god. I sank down in my seat. My face was so red it felt like I spent 10 years in the inferno. I don't think I could feel any worse than what I'm feeling now. My fingers clamped onto the handle lever.

He touched my shoulder gently. I turned around slowly, trying to hide my nerves as best I could. "I wanna see you again... Will you be at the cafe tomorrow?"

I nodded, feeling better, "Yeah, I will. Goodnight."

His hand slid down and touched my fingertips, bringing my hand to his lips, "I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Mia."

He kissed my hand and I slowly pulled away. I didn't want this night to end but I really had to go myself. I nodded my head and pulled open the door. I stepped out and closed the door behind me.

"Hey Mia," He spoke suddenly, catching me a bit off guard.

I tilted my head down to look at him through the rolled down window, "Mm?"

It looked like he wanted to say something but he was having trouble, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I smiled, understanding why he didn't want to ask me what he really wanted. I waved and turned around and began walking back.

My mind was calm and my heart warmed suddenly. This is what it was all about. The beginning of something. Happiness? Maybe.


I rolled over, pulling my hair out of my eyes. I sucked in my lip, something bothered me. A lot of things unanswered. But all I really had to do at this point was wait. This was going to be easy knowing Brian. He pretty much had the other half of my mind.

I only pray to the gods I don't see that vapid man whore again. Ugh, my fist tightened just picturing his perverted ass strutting by as if he own everything in sight. Next time I see him its scrotum pounding. He won't fuck for months after I'm done with him.

But hell, when's the next time that will happen? He's what I call the random asshole. That basically means the asshole appears out of nowhere and at the most inconvenient times. But seriously, I don't wanna say never but hell, what if I don't see him again? The only thing I'm seeing is Brian so I have nothing to worry about... Right?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story