I laid in my bed with my arms wrapped around her, holding on to her tightly taking in her scent and just enjoying the peace and quiet. I took in how great it felt to have her in my arms and knew that it was only a matter of minutes before she woke up. I let out a sigh when I felt her move against me because I knew that meant she was awake and she’d leave.

“Come on, let go of me, I have to go” she whined and I gently released my grip. She stood up quickly and threw her clothes on as if she were in a rush, she’s always in a rush even when she has nowhere to go. I moved to my side and watched her carefully. She really is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She’s real beautiful, not any of that fake crap. She looks amazing in the movies and the magazines but just as good when she wakes up in the morning. “You’re like creepy, just watching me” she quickly pulled a sweatshirt on, “This means nothing. We’re not back together.”

I nodded my head “I know.”

“No, you don’t know because you’re going to see me out in a few days and get pissed off when I’m talking to another guy.” She took a deep breath and rolled her eyes when I didn’t say anything, “You don’t have anything to say?”

“I’m not, what do you want me to say? There’s no convincing you.”

“Did you call me a car?”

I shook my head and stood up, pulling a pair of sweatpants over my naked body; “I’ll take you home.”

“Great” she said sarcastically as she pulled her long light brown hair out of her face, “Come on, hurry up.”

I grabbed a sweatshirt and pulled it over my head as I followed downstairs. I saw my best friend Trace, along with my assistant or my cousin Carrie and my security guard Jim sitting on the couch watching Food Network. All three of them looked up as she walked past and then right back down at the television. They all hate her. They think she’s using me and I’m too good for her. I think I’m a big boy and can make my own choices. Addison walked past them without acknowledging their presence whatsoever. That’s what they hate about her, she never gives them as much as a hello. Although I don’t see them jumping up to offer her a good morning hug either. “I’ll be back,” I said softly giving them a look. Carrie rolled her eyes, Jim nodded his head and Trace put his fingers shaped like a gun to his head.

“Oh my God J, just like… take forever.”

“I’m coming.”

“Very chivalrous, you could have unlocked the door,” she said as she stood outside by the door waiting.

“You don’t want to take the convertible?” I smiled to myself. Sometimes it’s just fun to annoy her because she really gets annoyed more than any other person I’ve ever met.

“I’m not driving in that, get a life.”

I nodded my head and unlocked the door to my Escalade. Addison won’t go in the convertible because then we would be seen together… and we couldn’t have that. It was only a few months ago that the only reason why we took the convertible was so everyone would see us. But not anymore, now if even one camera caught us together the sun just may explode.

“I hate how they’re always there” she said as I drove out of the driveway, “Can’t they get their own lives or what? They have to live through you.”

“Carrie’s my assistant, that’s her job. Jim is security, that’s his job too. Trace is my best friend we spend time together. You spend time with Jenna” Jenna is her best friend slash twin. Not literal twin but you would think they are since they do every damn thing together. I don’t think Addison can do anything without calling up Jenna to see if it’s a good idea, at least that’s true with her and getting work.

“Oh please, not nearly as much as you spend with Trace. Plus Jenna has a life. She has other friends and a job that doesn’t involve following her best friend around like a lost puppy.”

“He has other friends, and a job Addison, don’t start shit.”

“Whatever. And you don’t need Jim and Carrie there all the time. Stacy doesn’t live with me and spend every fucking minute with me.”

“She’s not family. Carrie’s my fucking cousin,” the actual reason why Stacy doesn’t live with her and spend every minute with her is because she can’t stand her. Addison is definitely one of those girls that know what she’s got. She knows she’s hot and she’s a successful actress with people willing to do whatever it is she needs and she takes advantage of it. If I let them, people would do anything I want as well but I don’t. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point where I can’t do my own laundry. But then again, I was brought up in a small southern family and she’s part of Hollywood royalty. Her father is a famous director, her mother’s a famous actor, and her grandfather was an actor, her grandmother a model and so on. Whenever another Grenadine child is born the world is ready for another great member of the entertainment industry.

“They stare me down like I’m Norman Bates.”

I heard myself laugh, “You could have said something to them.”

“If I would have said something I would have told them all to get their own lives. And Carrie would have fucking attacked me; she’s such a tomboy. Does she own a skirt? Seriously.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” it always seems to go back to that with Carrie. So what if she’s a tomboy. What’s so wrong with that?

“She doesn’t” Addison laughed, “You should buy her a fucking dress. Hell, I’ll buy her a fucking dress. I hate the girl but I would buy her a fucking skirt so she could be less manly just one day in her life.”

“Alright, calm down she’s my cousin. What are you doing today?” I changed the subject because I knew she could go on verbally attacking my cousin all day.

“Leno.”

“At three, so what’s your rush to get home?” I knew by the way I asked it she'd attack me but at the rate the day is going I’m not too worried.

“I have an interview at noon. And I don’t want to spend time at your fucking house with you and your three blind mice.”

“I’m doing Leno tomorrow.”

“Wow really?” she answered, “I almost care.”

I ignored her sarcasm, “Do you want to get breakfast or something?”

“Are you serious?” Addison laughed, “J, we’re not dating.”

“I never said we were.”

“So why would I go out to breakfast with someone that’s not my boyfriend?”

“Because you’re hungry?” I know that’s the reason why I want to get breakfast, because I’m hungry.

“And then everyone and their mother would see us and we’ll be in every fucking magazine.”

“So, Ken would love that” I played along. We have the same publicist and since she has a movie coming out soon I’m positive he would love it.

“I don’t give a fuck about Ken” she shook her head.

“We could go somewhere that no one is?” she rolled her eyes “So that’s a no?”

“Yes, it’s a fucking no dumbass. Just take me home.”

“I don’t understand why we can’t get breakfast somewhere away from LA that no one will see us.”

“Someone will see us.”

“What does it matter even if someone does see us? You have a movie coming out in two days.”

“Because we’re not dating. I don’t want my face on the cover of every magazine next to you. Why is that so hard for you to understand?” she took a deep breath, “We should not have hooked up last night.”

“What?”

“What?” she asked out of disbelief with a chuckle, “You’re so stupid sometimes.”

“How am I stupid Addison?”

“You don’t get it. We should not have hooked up because that can never be enough with you. You follow me around like a fucking lost puppy, it’s like you’re always there. You like, fall so fast and you want to spend every minute with me. You can’t just have fun you have to be with someone forever. Buying flowers and cuddling and fucking… cooking, you’re such a dork when it comes to that shit. Like you have no clue what you’re doing.”

I looked away from her, that hit below the belt, “Some girls like to be romanced” I answered softly.

“It’s not romance. It’s like annoying obsession. Get over it, it’s over.”

“I’m over it Addison, it was just sex” I answered honestly.

“You’re so not over it. You want to get fucking breakfast.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Then stop on your way home, don’t drag me with you. You don’t have breakfast with a girl that’s not your girlfriend.”

I let out a chuckle, “And I’m the one that’s not over this?”

“Oh my God, can you drive any faster?” she rolled her eyes, “This is why we’re not together anymore.”

“Is it? Because you won’t let me buy you breakfast.”

Addison shook her head and looked out the window, “It’s like not even worth it” she stopped when we got closer to her house and noticed paparazzi around her house, “Fuck. Don’t put down the window.”

I took a deep breath, “Why the fuck would I put down the window?”

“I don’t know you’ve done dumber things.” I ignored her and pulled through the gate and up her driveway.

“It’s been a pleasure, like always,” I said sarcastically with a laugh.

“Yeah, fuck off,” she slammed the door shut and I was backing out of the driveway before she even made it to her house.

Like I’ve said… she’s a crazy bitch but for some damn reason she gets me every time.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story