Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing :)
I walked into my house after a day of interviews, threw my keys on the table by the door and went right to the stairs, ready to pass out. It’s been a long day; I hate going to interviews and answering the same questions over and over again.

“He’s just going to walk right by me and act like I didn’t just spend four hours on a plane to see him.” The voice made me stop in my tracks and I felt a smile cover my face just hearing her.

I turned around and walked back downstairs, “What the fuck are you doing here?”

“It’s nice to see you too, Lake,” she said as she stood up off my couch and started walking towards me.

“I forgot you were coming Jules” I pulled her into a tight hug, “It’s good to see you.”

“Gee thanks, it’s good to know our friendship is so forgettable,” she said with a smile as she pulled away.

“When did you get in?”

“A couple hours ago. Thank god Trace and Carrie came to pick me up or I’d still be waiting out there since you forgot all about me.”

“Let it go Jules. I’ve been so busy with all my shit. I hardly even remember my own name”

“Mmmhmm” she smiled as I sat down next to her on the couch, “So, do you always come home and go right to bed without even acknowledging anyone else?”

I ran my hand over my shaved head and down my face and looked at her. She’s always been one to give me a hard time. I knew she was coming in but I honestly didn’t even remember it was today or what day it even is for that matter. “Yup.”

“Yeah, he ignores us all the time. Whether it’s when he’s coming home after work or with Addison, or when he’s leaving the next morning with Addison,” Trace said with a smile.

OK… here it comes, “You’re still with Addison? I thought you broke up.”

“We did,” I answered.

She gave me a look and then she looked at Trace, and then back at me, “So then it should have been in past tense, right Trace? He ignored you when he left with Addison.”

“Nah, its pretty much present tense,” Trace answered and I took that as my cue to change the subject quickly.

I stood up and stretched my arms over my head, “Did you guys eat yet?”

“Why am I the only one that’s completely confused?” Julie asked.

“Because you don’t live out here. Everyone else moved out here but you didn’t want to, so now you’re out of the loop Jules, face the facts” I smiled as I walked into the kitchen.

“They broke up but she still sleeps over sometimes” Carrie spoke up and I shook my head, why everyone is so obsessed with my sex life is beyond me.

“That’s cute” Julie said with a smile as she sat down on the kitchen counter, “What, you cook too?”

“Ah… I do” I laughed, “But not tonight, do you want to go somewhere?”

“I’m going to go with no” Trace answered, “Dude, there’s like 20 people outside.”

I nodded my head; I don’t really feel like dealing with that shit tonight either, “Want to order something? Go swimming?”

“That’s fine, I’m up for whatever.”

The four of us grew up together back home in Memphis. We were pretty much inseparable most of our childhood. Trace moved out here with me first and the two girls stayed home. Then Carrie quickly realized that college life wasn’t for her and she moved out here. But Jules made it through college, and then grad school. She’s a smart girl. Even though I wish she would have been a drop out like everyone else and just moved out here a long time ago. But it’s cool that she has her own goals and is doing her own thing.

I took a sip from my beer as we sat outside by the pool, “So you’re done with school, huh Jules?”

“Yup” she smiled as she bit at the skin by her fingernail.

“That must feel good.”

“You have no idea” she smiled.

“Now the job hunt begins.”

“Yeah, I’m not looking forward to that.”

“Where are you going to look? Up here?” I asked with a smile, even though I already know the answer. She nodded her head and I felt myself laugh, “Are you serious?”

She nodded her head again and took a sip from her beer, “I miss you guys too much. Home is shitty without everyone.”

“So that’s why you’re here then? I see how it is. You’re not here to see me, you’re here to look for a job.”

“Please Lake, I was never here just to see you” she rolled her eyes as she pulled her legs up to her chest, “You’re so cocky it never amazes me. The world does not revolve around you.”

“Are you sure?” I asked with a smile.

“Positive” she punched my arm. She always likes to call me out as being cocky or spoiled. She always has. Even before all this shit, back when we were kids playing kickball in the yard she’d be the first to call me out.

“So what can you do for a job? You can work up here with Lohan and everyone in group therapy for AA.”

“I could… but I’m not really one for helping out the obnoxious celebrities like yourself” she answered with a smile.

“HA. I’m just saying there’s got to be a big need for that shit out here.”

“I bet. I want to do child therapy.”

“Which is what? Helping out the obnoxious children of the rich obnoxious celebrities?”

“No, I want to help the kids without all the privileges.”

“Like…?”

“Kids from broken homes, single parents, foster homes, parents with drug problems, children of divorce like you” she smiled.

I laughed as I stretched my arms over my head, “If only you were around when I was going through that shit.”

“I was.”

“That’s true” I nodded my head. Even though I was only… what? Seven when my parents got a divorce, it still takes a toll on you. My parents still remained close, for the most part, but there’s still a part of you at every age that thinks you were the main reason for their divorce. I’ve always been so close to my mother that she made sure I didn’t feel that way. But there’s always a part that does, it’s just the way it is.

Even at the age of seven Julie was there for me during the divorce. Even though the truth was she had no idea what I was going through she made me feel like she did. Looking back I don’t understand how she knew what to say when she was seven years old. Her parents were and still are the perfect little couple. The point is she’s been doing this since she was a kid, just like I’ve been doing my thing since I was. Some people grow up having no idea what they want to do with their life. Just like it was crystal clear for me it was crystal clear for Jules.







Hyde was one of those places that it paid to be famous. If you’re on the list you’re taken care of, in every way possible. Anything you want is yours. Drinks, food, girls, drugs, if you’re on the list you get what you want.

I’m on the list.

I walked into the club with Trace, Carrie and Jim, I guess you could call them my entourage, and walked right into the VIP section. I sat down on a couch and grabbed a drink from the waitress. It wasn’t more than two minutes later that a group of girls came up to us and smiled, giving me those eyes similar to the ones a puppy gives you when they want to be adopted. “What’s up?” I asked politely.

“Hey” one of them smiled as she played with her necklace grazing down to her cleavage. These girls know exactly what they’re doing. I will never understand what it is that would make them go into a club and just come up to me and start rubbing all over me and kissing me when they don’t even know me. I guess I’m just not one of the Hollywood kids, but I’m actually proud to say that. I think it’s a little disgusting. I like my girls classy not trashy. Before I knew it the girl’s lips were attached to my neck and her hand was slowly finding it’s way to my pants, “Sweetie, slow down. What’s going on?”

She ignored me completely and continued her licking and nibbling. Although I am a man and believe me when I say I’m into that stuff, it just looses its appeal when you don’t even know the girl’s name. I’ve never been one to fool around with strangers and I’m quickly finding out that I’m one of the few people that actually come to clubs to dance.

I stood up and tried to nicely push her off me but she wasn’t getting it. Finally she moved away, gave me a look like I just killed her cat and moved on to her next victim, another Hollywood player more likely to give her the attention she wants.

I walked to the bar and ordered a Jack, leaning against the bar when I felt a hand on my back. I took a deep breath before turning around, fully expecting yet another 50 cent whore to be standing there unable to talk. I was surprised to see the one and only Addison Grenadine with a smile on her face. I had never met her before, and honestly I was surprised at how beautiful she was in person. I’ve been in this city long enough to realize that so many of these beautiful girls are not so beautiful without all their makeup and airbrushing. In fact, I’ve seen hotter girls back home at Wal-Mart. I was nervous to meet her, although as soon as I did I felt as if I had known her for my entire life. She’s just one of those girls that makes you feel comfortable right away.

Her smile made me smile and although I had always thought she was way out of my league there was something about her standing in front of me that made me believe that I may actually have a chance with her.

“Justin Timberlake” she said as she played with the olive in her martini.

“Addison Grenadine.”

“The one and only” she giggled, “It’s a pleasure” she held her hand out and I grabbed it.

“The pleasure is all mine.”

She smiled and leaned back against the bar, “I hear you signed on for Crunch Time.”

“I did” I took a sip from my drink, “I’m excited to work with you.”

“Are you?”

“I am.”

“Well I’m excited to work with you as well. You better not make me look bad Timberlake” she gave me a grin, “You know I only work with the best.”

I chuckled, “I only work with the best as well.”

“You got the best, don’t worry,” she laughed, “Do I have the best?”

“You sure do.”

“Good” she smiled when two of her friends came over giggling. Jenna Sinatra I noticed right away. She’s another one of the Hollywood It Girl crew. Yes, she is related to THE Sinatra. If my memory is correct she and Addison grew up together and have been best friends since kindergarten. I recognized the other girl but couldn’t think of her name. She was a model; I know that much, but not really one that’s a household name. Although I’m sure she will be soon.

“Justin Timberlake.”

“Jenna Sinatra” I answered with a smile, “How are you?”

“I’m good Timberlake, fan-fucking-tastic” she giggled, clearly she’s had her drink on for awhile, “How are you?”

“I’m great, thank you,” I laughed.

“This is Lexi Spade” Addison said as the other girl held her hand out, of course it’s Lexi Spade, Kate Spade’s daughter, “Remember her name” she laughed.

“I will remember her name.”

“Good, then you’ll be one of the few that can say you knew her when…” Addison said and the other girls laughed, “We’re going to go… have fun” she smiled, “I’ll see you at the read through next week” she quickly downed her drink, “Lay-ta” she left before giving me a chance to respond. She seems like a nice enough girl. And she’s known for being a girl next-door type. She’s also known for her legs and I could slap myself for not getting a good look at them as she stood next to me. I think this will be a fun movie to shoot working with her. And it will sure be an interesting three months of shooting.



“Hello? Earth to Justin” I heard Jules and I snapped out of my daze. It was almost two years ago when I first met Addison. And every time I see her I still feel like it’s the first time. I still get excited and just find myself staring at her. It’s been two fucking years. We dated. We broke up. She’s a bitch, possibly the biggest bitch I’ve ever met. She’s spoiled and high maintenance and she has serious mental issues. But still, when she walks into a room my head is turning like the rest of the room, “Lake” Jules sang my name as I looked at her for the first time.

“Yeah, what?”

“You’re like, zoned out completely” she laughed, “Do you want another drink?”

“I’m good.”

She sat down next to me and followed my gaze and then I heard her laugh, “Oh my gosh, the one and only.”

Julie has never met Addison. It’s not that I purposely tried to distance them but Julie was always busy with school. I tried to get Addison to come back home too many times. She would laugh in my face at the mention of it. I doubt she would be able to last more than a couple hours in a house without her own personal bathroom and butler. I’m glad now that she never came home because I know she would have made those days a living hell.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me?”

I looked over at Julie, meeting her in the eye, “You don’t want to meet her.”

“Yeah I do. Why wouldn’t I? She’s the love of your life, right?” she smiled.

I laughed and shook my head, “Not exactly Jules.”

“That’s not what I heard” she smiled.

“Yeah, well if you get your information from Trace then you have a problem.”

“Well… she is really pretty” I caught myself looking at Addison and quickly looked back at Julie.

She was looking at her carefully and I laughed, “She is.”

“Did she really get her legs insured for two million dollars?” Julie turned her gaze back on me. I nodded my head and she laughed, “How does that work exactly? Like if she breaks her leg she gets money? That doesn’t seem fair.”

“Why not? She paid for it.”

“I guess,” she said softly and I laughed.

“Are you ready to go?”

She nodded her head, “Where’s everyone else?”

“Trace is with his girlfriend.”

She looked at me for a second, “Trace has a girlfriend?”

“Girl, you have been gone too long” I laughed as I stood up.

“What about Carrie?”

“She’s going home with that guy” I nodded over so she would see the guy that Carrie was talking to.

Julie looked over and then back at me, “You’re just going to let her leave with some random guy?” I shrugged, “Lake, she’s your cousin. You can’t just let her go home with some random guy.”

I laughed as I walked away and then stopped when I realized she was not following me, “He’s not a random guy.”

“They’re dating?”

“Nah, I don’t think it’s dating.”

Her mouth dropped, “Are you seriously telling me that Carrie has like a fuck buddy?” I shook my head and laughed as I continued walking,

“Hollywood ruins people.”

“Ruins? She’s having fun.”

“Carrie does not have fun with random guys.”

“He’s not a random guy,” I repeated for the tenth time as we made our way outside met by a sea of flashes.

“Ugh, another day in the life of Justin Timberlake” she said as she covered her eyes from the flashes.

“You do know we’re going to be married in all the magazines next week” I said once we got in the car.

“Yeah it’s cool, maybe my mom will leave me alone for a little” she chuckled.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story