Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing :)






I knew early on that I was more into our relationship than Addison was. I was used to it though, I always fall fast and I seem to always fall for the girls that don’t like commitment. Even though Addison would never admit it, I knew that she was falling for me. It may not have been as fast as I fell for her but she did fall for me. There was a time that we were that cute couple in love even though she’d never admit it.

I loved the stupid things about her. Like the way she would laugh hysterically when we’d watch Jimmy Kimmel every night. I just loved her laugh in general. It was so loud and contagious, just hearing her laugh made everyone around her laugh too.

The movie was in the last week of filming and it scared me more than anything. I think I knew deep down that things wouldn’t be the same once we were done. I’m not an idiot; I knew that as soon as we left Arizona things would be hectic. She’d probably be off filming somewhere else. Plus the simple fact while we were in Arizona there were not many other people around to spend time with. I absolutely loved spending all my time with Addison but I was sure that as soon as we got back to LA with the rest of our friends it would be different.

We lay down on the couch together; our hands intertwined watching Jimmy Kimmel. He started with his Friday night uncensored where he bleeps things that don’t need to be bleeping segment and I knew this was her favorite. It had quickly become my favorite just because she laughs like it is the funniest thing in the world.

Once the show went to commercial I felt her playing with my fingers, “What are your feelings about the movie wrapping?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “It’s kinda sad I guess, but I’m excited to go home.”

I nodded my head as I took in the scent of her hair. I wasn’t an idiot. I knew that she is Addison Grenadine and has a reputation of dating her costars. Call me naive, but part of me thought that what we had was different.

“What about you?” she asked.

“I’m sad,” I answered.

She laughed, “You’re so manly” she said sarcastically, “Boo hoo, so sad” she pouted her lips.

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her, “I’m sad that we won’t be stuck together anymore.”

“Aww” she said and kissed me gently.

“What are your plans for after?”

“I have to do a movie with my dad.”

“Have to?” I asked with a chuckle.

“Yeah” she laughed, “I don’t really like working with my father, it’s just weird.”

“What’s it about?’

“Honestly I don’t even know. It’s some mother daughter story. My mom’s doing it too. So it’ll be one of those huge publicity things because we’re all doing it.”

I nodded my head, “It’ll be good if you’re dad’s doing it. I’m sure it’s great.”

“Oh yeah, I know.”

“When does that start?”

“Three weeks. What are you doing?”

“Just recording I guess. I’m just relaxing, doing whatever.”

She nodded her head and ran her fingertip over my lips, “We should go on vacation, we need a vacation.”

“Yeah?” she nodded her head and I couldn’t believe that she was actually suggesting this, “Where do you want to go?”

“Well… we could go to the house in the Hamptons or the one in Miami, or the mountains in Colorado.”

I heard myself chuckle as she listed off all of her family’s houses, “Let’s go somewhere you’ve never been.”

“I’ve been everywhere.”

“I don’t believe that.”

“Try and stump me,” she said seriously.

“Hawaii.”

“Beach house.”

“New York.”

“Seriously? Pent house.”

“Kansas?”
“Why the hell would I want to go to Kansas?” she asked seriously and I laughed, she’s far too high maintenance for a place like Kansas. I’ve really never dated anyone high maintenance, so it was a lot to get used to. I knew from the beginning and it never really annoyed me. Sure, at times I wanted to strangle her for not being able to just stop at McDonalds or something for a quick lunch but I got over it quickly and was able to compromise. I actually found the fact that she is so high maintenance that I think it’s cute. I don’t know why… but I did.

“True. Jamaica?”

“I was there last summer.”

“Mexico?”

“Four months ago. Try again” she said with a smile.

“Bermuda?”

“I haven’t been there in a couple years.”

“Hmm… what about Italy or something?”

“We have a villa in Italy” she giggled, “Bermuda is the best you’re going to get.”

“Alright, I’ll set it up.”

“Why? I’ll have Jess look at it.”

I ran my hands through her hair, “Can’t I look at it?”

“You can but why would you want to? That’s what she’s for” Jess is her assistant. She’s the first one that she’s had since I met her. She goes through them a lot but at this point I had no idea that she went through them so much.

“I want to plan it though.”

“OK” she laughed at me, “Go for it.”

“I will,” I answered as I grabbed my laptop from the table next to us, “Want to go to the Suns game tomorrow night?”

“Who are they playing?”

“Lakers.”

“Yeah” she smiled and sat up, resting her head on my shoulder, “My father would love you.”

“What?” I asked with a chuckle, I couldn’t believe she was mentioning her father and me in the same sentence. I know for a fact that she does not introduce just anyone to her family and if she was even suggesting that in the slightest bit I couldn’t believe it.

“He loves the Lakers.”

“Yeah, I’ve seen him at a couple games, right next to Jack.”

“They have season tickets, they’ve had them since the beginning of time” she laughed then she got quiet and then ran her hands on the back of my neck, “You should meet him” I really couldn’t believe what I was hearing, “You’re a good person” she continued, “I don’t usually date good people” she giggled, “He’d love you.”

I felt myself smiling, and part of me wished I could hide the excitement just a little, “I would love to meet him.”

“Good, I’ll have Jess set it up” I gave her a look, “Don’t give me that look.”

“What look?” I asked with a chuckle.

“That look like I can’t do anything myself. I’d have to go through his assistant to get his schedule and that takes forever.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“I know but you’re thinking it” I noticed right away how insecure she is about certain things. She acts confident but she really isn’t. Most girls in Hollywood are like that. People all over the world envy them and wish they looked like them or lived like them but most of the girls have so many confidence issues. Very few of them think they are as beautiful as they are. These girls either known they are hot and are cocky about it or they think they’re too fat or too short. Addison didn’t really have any issues like that. She knew she was hot but she was never too cocky about it. But she also had her so-called problem areas that she did not want anyone to look at or pay attention to.

Addison had more problems with what other people think. In this business, it’s important to be able to hear people talk shit about you all the time but never let it get to you. People always have something to say and many times it’s not flattering. Being in this business for as long as she has it never occurred to me that she would have an issue with it. But I realized early on that she really took in what other people had to say about her and if there was a bad review or she was in the tabloids showing off a bad picture of her she’d be upset for days at a time. I tried many times to explain to her that it didn’t matter and the only people that it mattered to was the people around her that love her and what they think. But then again, when her friends act the same way it’s a bit of a sticky situation.

There was the time Star Magazine had a picture of her that looked like she may possibly have a gut. Forget that, it was all she talked about for weeks and would not eat anything but lettuce and grapefruit for a month. That was a fun month. She was on the worst dressed list at some awards show. She literally burned the outfit the next day and swore that she would never work with the designer again. However there was the simple fact that she did not own the dress and the designer was ready to kill her for destroying all her hard work.






“Hello?” I heard Julie and looked over at her and she laughed, “God, every time she walks in the damn room you phase out for hours.”

“I do not.”

She rolled her eyes, “OK. You’re obviously still obsessed with her.”

“I am not.”

She laughed, “Not obsessed, bad choice of words. You still have feelings for her.”

“Nah”

“Yeah, ok Lake” she smiled as she looked around the room, “Everyone has someone but me.”

I heard myself chuckle, “I’ll get you someone, look around.”

“I want Leonardo DiCaprio” I shook my head; of course that’s who she wants. She’s been obsessed with the guy since Growing Pains. Just hearing his name makes my skin curl. We have a bad history but that’s another story for another time. “You’re friends right? Hook me up.”

“Friends?” I laughed, “I’ve never met him.”

“Addison met him, hook it up” she smiled.

“Alright, I’ll get right on it” I hate that kid more than anything; I feel the need to repeat that.

Before I knew it I looked up and saw Addison standing in front of me, looking down at me with that half smile she has, “Hey.” She made the smile bigger and grabbed onto my hands, pulling me up next to her, “This is my friend from home Julie. Jules, this is Addison.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you, I’ve heard so much about you” Jules said as she stood up and offered her hand. Addison looked away from her and moved close to me, resting her hands on my chest. Jules sat back down and I gave her an apologetic look.

“I want you so bad” Addison whispered into my ear, “Take me home.”

When any woman looking as good as Addison whispers that into your ear there is no way any man could possibly say no. I’m not proud of the fact that she still has this control over me, but it’s just the way it is. I held up a finger at Jules and pulled Addison away for a minute, “Ads, I can’t just leave her here.”

She took a deep breath, “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“She doesn’t know anyone.”

Addison rolled her eyes then put her lips right up to mine, “I’m going to go get another drink. Figure something out” she grabbed at my pants before walking away.

I ran my hands over my head and looked over at Julie who was just sitting there, playing with the olive in her martini.

“Hey man” I looked up to see Lance, my former NSYNC bandmate, grabbing a beer from the bartender.

“Hey bro, how’s it going?” I asked as I gave him a quick hug, “How’s everything?”

“Good. Is that Julie over there?”

“Yeah” I said as I followed his gaze, “She’s moving out here.”

“No way. I thought it was her, I didn’t want to say anything in case I was totally off” he laughed, “She looks different.”

I shrugged, “I guess. She’s not sixteen anymore.”

“Yeah, that’s for sure” he laughed.

“Are you here with someone?” I asked.

“Just a bunch of friends, why?”

“Addison wants to uh… leave. And Trace and Carrie are gone, I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“Yeah, send her over. I’ll look out for her, take her home.”

“Yeah? Thanks man.”

“Alright. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah, later man” I said as I walked back to Jules to see a guy sitting in my seat. He got up when I came back, “Was I interrupting something?”

“Yeah, thank god. He was so skeevy.”

I laughed as I took a sip of my drink, trying to figure out how to tell her I’m leaving. I do feel bad about it, and I know I probably shouldn’t just leave her, but she knows Lance, it’s not like I’m just leaving her with someone she doesn’t know.

“You can go, I don’t care,” she said seriously and I looked over at her and she laughed, “It’s not a big deal. Go get laid. I’ll go home, I don’t mind.”

“I don’t want to just leave you though.”

‘I don’t care. I’m tired. I’ll get a cab” she paused, “Wait, are you going to your place? See that’s why I shouldn’t stay at your house.”

“No, calm down. I’m going to her place. But even if I was going home it wouldn’t matter.”

“OK go then. Have fun.”

I looked at her for a second; she’s not one to hide her feelings. If she were pissed she’d let me know, “You’re sure?”

“Yes” she nodded her head.

“Lance is over there.”

“Lance?” she broke in before I could even finish, “Are you serious? I haven’t seen him in forever.”

“Yeah. He said to have you go over. He’s right over there”.

“Alright, cool. I will,” she said as she stood up, “Have fun Lake, and be careful.”

“Alright, thanks Jules.”

“Bye” I watched her walk over to Lance and his crew. She fell into his arms and he picked her up with a great hug and twirled her around. I could almost hear her laughing over the music. I guess she’s ok. I took that as my cue that it was safe to leave her alone and went to find Addison.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story