Author's Chapter Notes:
Second last one baby!
Making up is hard to do...

My feet hurt, id slammed into a door and then into the car that was supposed to take me home, I was jacked up.

I had stopped drinking and made my way in the door. The house was still lit up, so I knew she’d come home.

“BABY YOU HERE?” I yelled to no answer.

“BAAAAAAAABY” I yelled again. And then out of the dark kitchen she came.

“No need to yell im not in freaking England! Are you drunk?” came the New York tone that I knew so well.

“Yes, yeees I am!” I stood proud “I am…you got a problem wit dat?”

“No…” she cross her arms “cause ive been helping myself to you liquor collection. The vintage champagne for starters…ummhumm”

Bitch drunk my 3,000 dollar bottle of champers.

“Well im glad you enjoyed yoself.” I sat, well more stumbled onto the couch and she sat on the chair opposite.

“Harri I heed to talk to you.”

“Fine…because I need to talk to you too! You go ahead.”

“Im not sorry first off, im still mad at you…”

“Good.”

“Huh?”

“Good, Justin we have been doin this lil dance for weeks, months now and I can’t do it anymore, I think its time we came clean!”

“Bout what?”

“everything, anything that’s been bothering each other, about each other this last while…cause ill be honest baby I don’t know how much more of this I can take!”

“I know what you mean.”

“Cool….So you go first!” she smiled evilly “what do you HATE about me.”

Ah, now there was a loaded question.

“I don’t hate Nothin’ bout you baby…” I smiled, we were both sauced but I still knew what lines NOT to cross.

“Fine, what annoys you then?”

That I could answer.

“You’re too quick to judge me; you have that look most of the time”

“What look?” she looked shocked

“This look, like you expects me to screw up most of the time…and I don’t like it!”

“Fine, well you…you’re too flirty…with every female you meet, and I don’t like it, its like yeah – you’re pretty…get OVER it already, you aint that hot!”

Bitch.

“Fine, I don’t like the way you click you teeth when you’re thinking.”

“I do NOT click my teeth”

“Uh yeah you do, it’s like a tick…you don’t know your doin it!”

“Well if I don’t know im doing it, how will I know to stop?”

Ok, she had a point there.

“Ok” she started “I don’t like that you think you have to keep shielding me from things! Im a grown woman, and no man, woman or teenage girl is gonna break me….”

“So what you want to do about that?”

“its like when you go to award shows these days, its like you just assume I wont want to go…well maybe id appreciate being asked once in a while....” She shrugged.

“Ok I can do that.”

“Thank you.” She grinned a little but then went back to her “poker” face... “Continue”

“I don’t like that you won’t introduce me to your friends…”

“You know my friends.”

“No I mean the ones at work…the ones you see all the time…Like that Zack guy, hell I don’t even know who he is!”

Her eyes lowered “im sorry, but I just assumed you wouldn’t be bothered with all that? They’re just ordinary….not superstars and what not like your friends…”

Wow, did she really think I was that shallow

“You really think that little of me? That I wouldn’t be interested in them just cause they aren’t on the cover of Rolling Stone?”

She shrugged.

“Jesus thanks a lot!”

“Well? What do you want from me? You hate kali and Leesa!”

“That’s cause they just meddle and they have it in for me!” I admitted “and besides they scare me”

“They scare you?” she burst out laughing.

“Yeah…Leesa, man she's intense…and she keeps touching me…I don’t like it!” I admitted sheepishly.

She was still laughing.

“Justin im sorry…” she said still laughing, “I guess we’ve both been keeping each other out of the loop huh?”

“Guess so…” I uncrossed my arms. “And for the record, im sorry too.”

“But you said-“

“I know what I said, but it was bull…I trust you, I know you’d never do that to me…but you have to know…I wouldn’t do it to you either.”

She nodded “I know” she said softly “its just, you have so many other options…other women just willing and able to make your every fantasy come true, what’s that to a boring fiancée and baby…”

“Har, you’re not serious?” this sudden blip in her ever confidant armoury shook me.

“well, ive seen the way women act around you…no matter what age, and yeah it scares me a little…that’s mainly the reason I don’t volunteer to go out with you anymore, its like, if I don’t see it, I wont think it!”

I felt the need to hug her suddenly.

I dropped to my knees below her “baby, you know that id never-“she hushed me by putting her finger to my lips. “I know j…I know…”

“You’re the one….the one that I want to wake up with, every morning, for the next 60 odd years…”

“Good, cause I wouldn’t have it any other way…”

“For real?” I asked.

She smiled wide and showed me all her teeth as well as that sparkle in those eyes that I missed “for real….baby?”

“Humm?”

“Be my husband?”

I took her hands. “That Ms Green, I know I can do!”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story