The next morning Angie was at home, upstairs, in her closet, doing some ‘Spring Cleaning’. Even though it’s in February. Corey had already left for work that morning. Upon cleaning, she comes across a pair of dark denim jeans.

“Oh my gosh. These are my favorite pair of jeans.” She thought out loud. “I haven’t seen these in ages.” She then placed the jeans to her waist. “Too bad I won’t be able to wear then for a while.” She sighed, looking down at her growing belly.

Folding down the jeans , intending on putting them away, a tiny, folded piece of paper fell out of the back pocket.

“What is this?” She bent over to pick of the paper. She unfolded it and read the message.

Angie,

I’m so sorry that I had to leave you like this. But I have to leave for the next city a bit early than expected. You looked so beautiful while you were sleeping, so I didn’t want to wake you. Last night was incredible. I loved talking to you. You’re very special, and if you need to talk just call ok. And if you get hungry, you can order breakfast, it’s on me.

Sincerely,

Justin

(323)555-7399

Angie stared at the note for what seemed like forever. These were the jeans that she wore the night that changed her life. The night she spent with Justin Timberlake. Quickly, she crumbled the note and threw the jeans into the black garbage bag. Walking out of the closet she tossed the crumbled ball into the waste bin beside her bed. She wanted nothing to do with him. Even though she was carrying his child, that he knew nothing about.

**

“I can’t believe that you drug me all the way here, just so you could chase after some married woman, J.” Trace expressed his latest complaint as he and Justin sat in their penthouse suite.

“You know what? I’m getting really tired of you giving me lip. Ever since we got on the damn plan, all you’ve done is complain.”

“Because I don’t want to be here!” Trace half screamed at his best friend.

“I told you. I need you here by my side.”

“What am I? Your bitch? You’re a grown man. You can figure this shit out for yourself.”

Justin sighed. “You know what, Trace? Fuck it. If you don’t want to be here, there’s the door.” He pointed to the front door of the suite. “Don’t let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.”

“You ain’t got to get all nasty with me. And besides I’m already here.”

“Well, then quit your damn complaining.”

“Any way, do you even know where this woman lives?” Trace asked changing the subject.

“No.” Justin shook his head.

“Phone number?”

Justin shook his head again. “No.”

“Do you even know her last name?”

“Ye--no.”

“Great!” Trace threw his hands up in frustration. “How did you think that you were going to find her? Hopes and dreams?”

“I don’t know. I thought I would figure that out once we got here.”

“And they call me dumb” Trace mumbled to himself.

“I don’t care how long it takes. I will find her.”

Trace smacked his teeth. “Yeah right.”

**

Angie sits on the edge of her bed, staring at the crumbled piece of paper, that was un-balled and laying on her night stand. Right after she tossed the paper in the garbage, she went back and fished it out. And now for the past ten minutes, she’s been contemplating on whether or not she should call him. ‘What if this is a fake number?’ or ‘What if he doesn’t remember?’ Were some of the questions boggling her mind. Quickly she picks up her cordless phone and presses the ‘talk’ button, but then her nerves get the best of her and she presses the button again, ending it. This goes on for the next minute before she finally gives into her nerves and presses the button, dialing the number.

**

Justin was going through his things when his cell phone began to ring. He didn’t recognize the number, but answered it anyway.

“Hello?” He answered. No one said anything. “Hello?” He asked again. Again, crickets. “Wrong number, I guess.” He said about to close his phone.

“Justin?” She finally said into the phone.

Justin swallowed the huge lump that was forming in his throat. He recognized the voice instantly. It was her. “Angie?”

“You remembered me?” Angie said in shock.

“Of course I remember you. How could I forget?”

“Oh.”

There was an awkward silence.

Justin clears his throat. “So…um how you been?”

“Good. You?”

“I’ve been doing good.”

“That’s good. I’m sorry that I never called you.”

“No…no that’s ok. I’m glad you called now. I’m actually in town for a few days and I was wondering maybe we could get together for dinner tonight.”

“I don’t know. I don’t think that would be a good idea.”

“Maybe for a drink?” He pressed. He really needed to see her.

“Justin…” She sighed.

“Please.” He begged.

“Fine.” She gave in. “I’ll go to dinner.”

He was relieved. “Thank you. Um, meet me at seven in the restaurant of the hotel that I stayed at the last time. Do you remember?”

“Yes, I remember. Look, I have to go.”

“Ok.” He nodded. “I’ll see you tonight then.”

“Yeah. See you.” She hung up her phone.

Justin closed his phone and smiled to himself.

“You are one sad, man, Timberlake.” Justin looked up at Trace. “I’ve never heard a grown man beg before, until now. It’s sad. They are going to take your playa card for this.” Trace got up and walked toward his room.

Justin shook his head at his friend. He didn’t care. He was going to see her. He’s been wanting see her ever since the night after he made love to her. He didn’t care that his friend thought he was some lovesick puppy. He didn’t care at all, just as long as he got to see her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story