Angie closed her diary right when her husband walked into the bedroom.

“What are you doing?” Corey asked as he sat on the bed.

“Oh…nothing. Just writing.” Angie said holding up the diary.

Corey scoffed. “You’re always writing in that damn thing. What do you write in there anyways?”

Angie shook her head. “You know…just some personal stuff.”

“Personal stuff?” Corey looked at his wife questionably. “Personal stuff like what? Me?”

“Maybe…” She teased.

“What do you write about me in there?”

“Stuff.” She answered.

“You’re not going to tell me what’s in there? Are you?”

She shook her head from side to side. “If I told you, it wouldn’t be personal anymore.”

“Fine.” He raised his hands in defeat. “Don’t tell me what you write in there.” He began to pout.

She giggled. “You’re such a big baby.” She then turned to look at the clock on the nightstand. “You’re home early. I thought you said you had to work late.”

He began to untie his tie from his neck. “Well, we got most of the proposals done, and they let us go early. So, I was thinking that I can take my beautiful wife out to a movie or something.”

“Oh…tonight?” She asked.

He nodded his head. “Of course tonight, baby. What? You got other plans?” He joked.

She shook her head and lied. “No.”

Maybe this is the out that she needed. This was a sign. Maybe it wasn’t meant for her to see Justin tonight. Angie was then broken out of her thoughts by the shrill sound of her husband’s cell phone.

Corey unhooked his cell from his hip and looked at the id caller. He groaned inward. He then turned to his wife. “Just give me a minute.” He got up from the bed and walked out into the hallway. Only to return less than two minutes later. “Change of plans babe.” He said hooking the phone back to his hip.

“Why? What’s going on?” Angie asked concerned.

Corey sighed. “Well, some of the paperwork from our proposals are missing and we all have to go back in and redo them all. So I guess our movie night will have to continue some other time. I’m sorry.”

Angie shook her head. “Baby it’s ok. You go ahead and go. I’ll be fine. I’ll just order a pizza and watch lifetime.”

Corey then shook his head. “You and your lifetime.” He then leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead. “I love you. And I’m sorry.”

“Corey, it’s ok. And I love you too.”

He got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

Angie sighed. I guess it was meant for Angie to see Justin after all. Getting out of the bed, Angie walks into her closet to try to find anything that will hide her belly.

**

“Come on, J. That’s the fifth time you’ve checked yourself in the mirror. You look fine.” Trace sat on Justin’s bed as Justin was in the bathroom getting ready for his “date” tonight.

“Whatever, Trace. I want to make sure that I look good.” Justin yelled from inside the bathroom.

Trace sighed. “Was she that good in bed that she has you running across the US just to ‘talk’ to her?” He used his fingers as quotes to get his point across.

“If you want an answer, than I’ll say yes.”

“Better than Britney?” Trace raised an eyebrow.

“Yep.” Justin answered.

Alyssa?”

“Yep.”

Cameron?”

“Yep.”

Even Janet?”

Justin stuck his head out of the bathroom. “Way.”

Trace gasped and quickly reached for Justin’s cell phone that was sitting on the nightstand.

“What the hell are you doing?” Justin asked walking out of the bathroom.

“You said she was better in bed than Janet Jackson. What do you think I’m doing? I’m looking for her number.” Trace said trying to go through Justin’s phone. “Damn how do you taking the fucking lock of this piece of shit?”

Give me that.” Justin snatched the phone from his best friend’s claws. “And besides she’s mine. I saw her first.”

Trace smacked his lips in a pout. “You always get the good ones.”

Justin chuckled at Trace’s comments.

**

She was already there. Dressed in a black turtle neck and grey tea length skirt and black boots, Angie stood outside of the Westin Peachtree Plaza hotel. Re-adjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulders, she takes a deep breath, before pushing through the revolving door and entering the hotel. Walking in, Angie took in her surroundings. The hotel was the same as she remembered. The very modern wooden welcome desks to the beautiful marble floors. This hotel was very beautiful inside and out.

Remembering exactly where the Sun Dial Restaurant and Bar were located, she begins to walk in that direction. But then quickly has a change of heart and turns heel. She couldn’t do. There was no possible way that she could face him like this. No way. She walks back to the exit of the building, but stops dead in her tracks when she heard her name being called. It was him. She knew it. She could never forget that voice.

“Angie?” He calls out to her again.

She stood frozen at the revolving door. She had no idea what to do. Should she turn around and face him? The father of her unborn child. Or should she continue to walk out that door?

“Angie? Is that you?”

Taking another deep breath, Angie finally turns around to face him. Her beautiful hazel eyes were greeted with a pair of blue ones. But the blue orbs weren’t fixated on her hazels. Something else caught his attention. Her eyes followed his down to her growing belly. So much for trying to wear something to shield her pregnancy.

She then looked back up at him. Nervousness in her body language. “Hey, Justin.”

But Justin said nothing. His cerulean eyes were still glued to the one accessory that Angie had no choice, but to bring with her.

All of a sudden the tears began to form in her golden eyes. “I knew this was a bad idea.” She quickly turned around and exited the building.

Justin had finally snapped out of his trance to realize that she was already gone. He then went in pursuit of to chase after her.

Once outside, Angie stood outside waiting for valet to return her car, while pushing away the straying tears.

“Angie?” Justin called out to her while descending the stairs. She didn’t turned around. “Angie.” He called to her again once he reached her.

“What?” She turned to him.

“I’m sorry. I…just…I’m shocked to see that you’re…” He couldn’t even say it.

“Pregnant, Justin.” She whispered, finishing his sentence.

He sighed. “Come on, let’s just go back inside. To talk.” He lightly grabbed her arm lightly.

“I can’t, Justin.” She shook her head.

“Why?”

“I’m sorry that I even wasted your time by coming here. I’m a married woman, Justin. I love my husband. We’re happy.”

Justin swallowed the huge lump growing his throat. “Please.” He begged. “All I want to do is talk.”

“I can’t just talk to you Justin. After that night, things have been different for me.”

“Me too.” He confessed.

“I won’t be able to talk to you and not remember what happened.”

“What could happen, Angie? You’re pregnant with his kid.”

The valet finally returned with Angie’s car. Once the man stepped out of the car, Angie walked over to the driver’s side. “There’s so much you don’t know.” She said as she got in and closed the door. She then drove away, leaving Justin behind.

**

“So, what happened?” Trace asked once Justin returned to the room. “It’s only ,” he looked down at his watch, “7:25.”

Justin sighs before he plops down on the couch.

“I’m guessing that it didn’t go to well, huh?” Trace reached over and grabbed his bottle of water that was sitting on the coffee table.

“She’s pregnant, Trace.”

“What?!” Trace choked on his water. “Is it…” He asked Justin.

Justin shook his head. “Her husband’s.” He said sadly.

“Damn that’s messed up. I guess that’s it, huh? So, when are we going back to LA?”

“She didn’t even want to talk to me, Trace.” Justin ignored his best friend’s question.

“I told you, J. This was a pointless and useless trip. Now you know that they are having a family. So, when do we go back to LA?” Trace asked again.

Justin quickly sat up. “I’m not done, yet.” He got up from the couch and walked into his room.

Trace groaned in frustration.

Justin sat on the bed and picked up the hotel phone and dialed 411. “Hello? Information? I need an address for the number of,” he unclipped his cell from his hip and scrolled through incoming calls. He told the operator the number and got the information he needed.

For Justin, tomorrow is a new day.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story