Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey, I know that you have been wondering about where I've been.  But I was out of commission for a while.  No internet. :(  But now I am back up and back on.  Here's another chapter.

 

This one is for you Juno!

 

 

 

As the doorbell rang, Angie closed her Diary, and placed it back in her secret hiding spot. Placing her reading glasses on her nightstand, she got up from the bed. She then slipped her delicate feet into her fuzzy bedroom slippers, and headed for the door.

 

 

“Coming!” She yelled, wobbling down the stairs. The person on the other side of the door sounded like they were becoming impatient.

 

 

Looking through the peephole to see who was standing at her front door, her eyes widened in astonishment. Her hazel eyes had came in contact with a pair of blues. She quickly backed away. What the hell? How the hell did he find out where she lived? She looked through the peephole again, to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating. But nope, she wasn’t. He was definitely standing at her front door.

 

 

She was thinking that maybe she shouldn’t answer the door, but then again, she didn’t want to leave him out in the cold.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. He was standing there dressed in a turtleneck, designer jeans and a brown leather jacket. He was holding a bouquet of Lilies and a box of chocolates that was being held by a teddy bear.

 

 

“Hi.” He said smiling at her.

 

 

She couldn’t help, but smile back. “Hi, Justin. You do know that stalking is illegal in all fifty states?”

 

 

He chuckled. “I’m aware of that.”

 

 

She sighed and moved to the side to let him in. “Come in.”

 

 

He slowly walked into the house. He then turned around to her, as she was closing the door. “These are for you.” He handed her the chocolates and the flowers. “I remember you told me Lavender Lilies were your favorite. Happy Valentine’s Day.” He hesitated, leaning in to place a kiss on her cheek.

 

 

“You remembered that?” Angie said inhaling the sweet aroma that adorned her flowers.

 

 

“I remember everything you told me.” He smiled.

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

An awkward silence covered the two.

 

 

“Um,” Angie cleared her throat, breaking the silence, “you can have a seat.” She pointed to her couch. “I’m going to put these in water.”

 

 

“Ok.” Justin sat as Angie, wobbled into her kitchen.

 

 

Justin looked around the neatly decorated home. There walls were decorated with pictures of Angie, and what Justin thought were her husband and family. Her house wasn’t as lavish and luxurious as his home in LA, but it had a certain kind of comfort. Something that he could definitely get used to.

 

 

“You have a nice home.” Justin said as Angie reappeared from the kitchen.

 

 

“Thank you.” She cautiously sat next to him on the couch, taking in his heavenly aroma.

 

 

Another awkward silence had come upon them.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Both of them said in unison, before breaking out into a light chuckle.

 

 

“Go ahead.” Justin said.

 

 

Angie nodded. “I’m sorry for just bolting out of there without explaining myself. You know…hormones.” She said placing her hand on her round belly.

 

 

Justin looked down at where her hand was placed. A pain shot through his heart.

 

 

He looked back up at her. “I should be the sorry one. I just didn’t know how to react to your…condition.” He couldn’t bring himself to say it. Because then he would have to believe that the woman who had his heart was having a child with another man. “I guess I was just shocked.”

 

Angie nodded again. “Yeah, I can understand that. Trust me I was more shocked to when I found out that I was pregnant myself.”

 

 

Justin swallowed the huge lump that was now forming in his throat. “So, how far along are you?”

 

 

“Six months.” She answered.

 

 

“Almost to the end, huh?”

 

 

She nodded in agreement, as she still rubbed her belly. “Yep.”

 

 

“Nervous?”

 

 

“Shitless.” She answered honestly.

 

 

“How does your husband feel about, you know, the baby?” Justin asked nervously, cringing at the thought of mentioning her husband.

 

 

“He’s…uh…excited. A little bit nervous, but excited none the less.”

 

 

“Speaking of, is he here?” Justin asked scanning the room for any signs that her husband could be home.

 

 

She shook her head. “No, he’s working.”

 

 

“Should we be expecting him anytime soon?”

 

 

“Not really. He’s working on closing this big merger deal thing at work.” She scratched her head trying to remember what was really going on at her husband’s job.

 

 

“And he left you here all alone on Valentine’s Day?!”

 

 

“Working is very important to him.” She tried to justify.

 

 

“More important than his own wife?” He pushed.

 

 

“Justin…” She sighed.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

 

 

Angie cut him off. “I know. And besides Valentine’s is not my favorite holiday anyway.” She took her hand that were on her belly and placed it in her lap.

 

 

“What?! Valentine’s is the best holiday. It’s right up there with Christmas, Thanksgiving, St. Patty’s, and my birthday.” He smiled.

 

 

She chuckled. “Your birthday is not a holiday.”

 

 

“It is to me.” He smiled at her again. “Why don’t you like holidays?”

 

 

“Because…well I don’t know. Ever since I could remember, I’ve always been alone on Valentine’s Day. Well, most holidays actually.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“Yeah, it’s no big deal. I’m kind of used to it. Corey works most holidays. My mom spends time with her boyfriend. And my sister has her own family. So that leaves me all alone.”

 

 

“Oh.” Justin said feeling kind of bad that Angie’s never really experienced a real Valentine’s day. “Well, that’s about to change.”

 

 

“Why?” She questioned.

 

 

“Go and get dressed.” He demanded.

 

 

“Why?” She questioned again.

 

 

“Because I refuse to let you spend another Valentine’s Day alone. So, I’m going to take you and you’re going to show me around Atlanta.”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

 

“As a heart attack. Now go.” Justin said, pointing towards Angie’s staircase.

 

 

She looked deep into his deep blues, seeing that he was dead serious. She sighed, before standing to her feet. She then retreated from the living room, and waddled her way up the stairs to her bedroom.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

“I can’t believe that I’m actually doing this.” Angie said as she sat in the passenger side of Justin’s rental truck. Justin drove down the street.

 

 

She turned over to look at him. He then turned to look at her, smiled, and then turned his attention back to the rode.

 

 

“I hope you don’t mind.” Justin started. “I have to stop by my hotel room really quick.”

 

 

She nodded, placing her hands in her lap. “Yeah, that’s fine.” She turned out of the window, to watch the beautiful scenery.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Trace?! You here?” Justin yelled once he and Angie walked into his penthouse suite.

 

 

“Where else would I be?” A sleepy looking Trace said as he walked out of his room, dressed in his boxers, and a I’m With Stupid t-shirt. His mess of curls, were disheveled, and he had huge bags under his chocolate eyes. He rubbed his eyes, yawned, and stretched.

 

 

“Just got up?” Justin asked, and Trace nodded. “Hey, I want you to meet somebody.”

 

 

Now Trace was awoke. “Oh, shit, J. You didn’t tell me we were having company.” He looked down at himself. “I look a mess.”

 

 

Justin just looked at his friend, mockingly. “That’s nothing new.”

 

 

Trace just flipped Justin the bird, in response. “Very funny, Timberdork.”

 

 

Justin shook his head. “Anyways, Trace, this is Angie.” He then turned to Angie, who was standing behind him, apprehensively. “Angie, this my best friend, Trace.”

 

 

“Hi.” They both shook each others’ hand.

 

 

“Angie, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.” Trace said, smiling.

 

 

“All good I hope.” She smirked, looking Justin’s way.

 

 

“Trust me, it was all good.” Trace says giving Angie a devilish smile.

 

 

But before Angie could notice Trace’s facial expression, Justin stepped in. “Hey, Angie,” he turned to her, “you can have a seat in there.” He pointed in the direction of where the den resided. “I’ll just be a few minutes.”

 

 

She nodded. “Alright.” She then turned heel and walked toward the place that Justin had pointed to.

 

 

As soon as Angie disappeared from Justin’s sight, he then reaches over to slap Trace upside his head.

 

 

“Ouch! What the fuck you’d do that for?” Trace practically screamed, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head.

 

 

“That was for being an ass.” Justin spat back at his rude friend.

 

 

“Being an ass? What the hell are you talking about?” Trace shrugged his shoulders in question.

 

 

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” Justin whispered, not wanting Angie to hear his conversation with Trace. “I don’t want you,” Justin pointed his finger toward Trace, “telling Angie,” he then pointed toward the den, “what I,” then pointed to himself, “told you. Ok? You got that?” He threatened.

 

 

Trace nodded, still rubbing his aching head. “Yeah, but you ain’t got to hit me.”

 

 

“Well,” Justin folded his arms across his chest, “you needed to get some sense knocked into you.”

 

 

Trace smacked his lip together. “Whatever, man. How ‘bout I knock some sense into you?” He then shoved his fist into Justin’s face.

 

 

Justin then smacked Trace’s hand out of his face, and Trace shook his hand in pain. “I want to see you try, midget.”

 

 

“Who you calling a midget?” Trace pouted, nursing his aching hand.

 

 

“You, dummy.” Justin told Trace walking off toward his room in the huge suite.

 

 

“Hey, get back here. I’m not through with you.” Trace argued, following Justin.

 

 

**

 

 

 

Minutes had gone by leisurely for Angie. She had been sitting on the couch in the den for five minutes, but to her it felt like it had been five years. She sighed uneasily to herself.

 

 

She like Justin’s friend, Trace, from what she just met. He was nice and sweet. But she felt a little uneasy of what Justin had said about her to him. She did noticed that look on Trace’s face when she asked him if Justin had said nice things about her. She wondered what he told him.

 

 

Angie didn’t mean to eavesdrop on their conversation, but her ears couldn’t help but over hear what they were talking, or arguing, it seemed like to Angie, about. She didn’t understand what they were talking about, but she knew it was about her. She had heard her name being dropped once or twice.

 

 

Angie also knew in the back of her mind that she shouldn’t be here. She knew that it was wrong to be here, but for some reason it just seemed ok. She loved and cared for Corey deeply, but there was something about Justin, that she couldn’t quite put her finger on, that drew her near. She didn’t know what that was, but she knew that it was something huge. Maybe, it was the way he smiled, that made her heart fluttered. Maybe, it was the way his gorgeous blue eyes lit up when he smiled. Maybe, it was the way that he remembered all of her favorite things. It had taken Corey two years in to their relationship before remembering what her favorite color was. Or maybe it was the way he held her close the night they made love. Justin was obvious the perfect man for her. So, why did she want to be stuck in a one-sided marriage?

 

 

“Hey, beautiful,” Justin whispered into Angie’s ear, breaking her out of her train of thought.

 

 

Jumping at the sound the sound of his voice, she turned her head around to face him. His soft, pink lips mere inches from hers. She backed away a little. “Justin, you scared me.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He said lifting himself from behind her and walking around to sit next her on the couch. “So,” he pursed his lips together, “what were you thinking about?”

 

 

“What…what makes you think that I was thinking about something?” She apprehensively looked down at her hands, that were in sitting in her lap.”

 

 

“I don’t know,” he shrugged his shoulders, “maybe by the way that you were staring off into space.”

 

 

She then looked back up into his eyes the color of the ocean, rimmed with a little hint of grey. “I was staring?”

 

 

He nodded fervently. “Pretty much.” He smiled wide.

 

 

She blushed turning her head away from him. She really didn’t know why or how he does that to her. “I don’t know.” She shrugged. “I was just thinking about a lot of stuff.” Again, she looked down at her hands.

 

 

“Stuff like what? Me?”

 

 

She looked back up at him, nodding. “You, me, my husband,” again, she shrugged, “everything.”

 

 

“Oh.” Was the only thing he said.

 

 

Yet, another awkward silence fell upon them.

 

 

Angie cleared her throat, breaking the silence. “Trace seems nice.” She decided to change the subject.

 

 

Justin nodded once again. “Yeah, about as nice as a hemorrhoid.” He joked, causing her to giggle lightly. “No, I’m serious. He’s my boy and all, but sometimes he could be a huge pain in my ass.” He licked his lips as Angie continued her laughter. “He’s like a scab. No matter many times you pick at it, it always comes back.” Angie just laughed even harder, and Justin just stared at her.

 

 

He was just in awe by how beautiful she was. Everything down to her laugh was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

 

Angie stopped laughing once she caught Justin’s eyes boring into hers. “What?” She asked him.

 

 

He reached out and gently rubbed his index finger on her cheek. “God, you’re just so beautiful.” He whispered to her and she just blushed.

 

 

Again the pairs’ eyes connect. Justin then began to lean forward. As soon as their lips were about to connect, Angie quickly backed away.

 

 

“Um,” she cleared her throat, “I think it’s time we should go.”

 

 

Disappointed, Justin stood to his feet. “Ok.” His strong hand reached out for Angie as he helped her off of the couch.

 

 

After grabbing his keys, Justin and Angie then headed out of the hotel room.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“So, you hungry?” Justin asked, breaking the dreadful silence between the two, as they drove down the street.

 

 

“Yeah, sure.” Angie answered, nodding.

 

 

“So,” he drummed his fingers on his steering wheel, “where’s the best place to get some grub?”

 

 

“I don’t know.” She shrugged her shoulders. “There’s too many to choose from. Atlanta is the city for southern cooking.”

 

 

Justin nodded. “Well then I came to the right place.” He chuckled, and she smiled. “Hey, how about we go here?” He then pointed to a soul food restaurant on his left.

 

 

“Yeah. That’s a great place. Corey took me there on…never mind.” Angie stopped herself from mentioning her husband in Justin’s presence.

 

 

“No,” Justin shook his head, “go ahead. It’s cool.”

 

 

“No, that’s ok. It’s not that big a deal anyway.”

 

 

“Oh.” He said taking a long pause. “So, how’s the food?” He quickly changed the subject back to the restaurant, before another silence had bestowed upon them.

 

 

“Greasy.” She answered.

 

 

Again, he smiled. “Then that’s perfect.”

 

 

Justin then makes a left and drives into the parking lot of the restaurant.

 

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Angie asked as Justin parked his truck.

 

 

“Want to do what?” He turned and looked down at her.

 

 

“Be here…with me. You and some pregnant woman,” she placed her hands on her tummy, “out in the open, having lunch. Aren’t you afraid of what the tabloids are going to say?”

 

 

He shrugged, taking off of his seatbelt. “Why should I care? They make up lies about me all of the time. As long as I know what’s going on, that’s all that matters.” He said giving her his famous half grin smile.

 

 

“Whatever you say.” She jokingly said, as the two retreats from the car.

 

 

**

 

 

 

“My Granny makes the best Peach Cobbler in the entire world.” Justin boasted as he and Angie sat in the restaurant.

 

 

Angie rolled her eyes at Justin. “Please, my Nana Norma Jean’s Sweet Potato Pie would put your Granny’s Peach Cobble to shame.”

 

 

“Them fighting words little girl.” Justin jokingly pointed his index finger in Angie’s face. “You can’t be talking about my Granny’s Peach Cobbler, when you have no idea what you’re talking about.” He smirked and she just rolled her eyes at him again. “Hey, don’t roll your eyes at me.”

 

 

“Anyways,” she retorted causing him to now roll his eyes at her, “what has life been like for you, Mr. Timberlake?”

 

 

“Life has been pretty sweet for me. I’ve been signed to do a few movies. And I’ve been dabbling with a few ideas for my next album.”

 

 

Angie nodded. “That’s good to hear. So,” she cleared her throat, “what happened with, uh, Miss Diaz?” Angie smirked, cutting Justin off guard with her question.

 

 

 

“Been checking up on me, huh?” He also smirked.

 

 

“No, I’ve just so happened to walk past a magazine, or two, with your faces on them. I might have read them while I was in line at the grocery store.” She lied.

 

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “After the tour, Cameron and I sort of hooked up.” He said kind of nonchalant.

 

 

“Well that’s vague. I think I recall seeing the two of you making out on a surfboard in Hawaii on US Weekly.”

 

 

Again he smiled at the thought of her checking up on his current love life. “You sure you haven’t been checking up on me?”

 

 

“Don’t change the subject, Timberlake.”

 

 

“Oh, so, we’re on a last name basis now?” He joked and she smiled at him condescendingly. “Fine.” He sighed. “I can admit that things were getting pretty serious between Cameron and me, but it just didn’t work out.” He absentmindedly played with the rim of his glass that was filled with homemade sweet tea.

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Because…let’s just say I couldn’t get a certain someone out of my head.” He looked at Angie with those piercing eyes of his, and the butterflies in her belly began flutter feverously. And then he realized that he was making her feel a little uncomfortable. “And besides, Cameron was a little too much for me. All she wanted to was party, surf, and party some more. And I know me being twenty-three, I have to totally be into the whole party scene, but sometimes I just like to kick back at home with a few beers and movies. You know?”

 

 

She nodded. “Yeah, I do.”

 

 

“Well,” he grabbed the menu and opened it, “let’s see what they have.”

 

 

**

 

 

 

“Oh, man, that was the best thing I’ve eat in a long time.” Justin said rubbing his full belly as he and Angie walked out of the restaurant.

 

 

“Yeah that was good.” She nodded.

 

 

“So,” he turned to her, “where to now?”

 

 

Angie didn’t even have a chance to answer the question when all of a sudden a group of men and the flashing of bulbs popped out of no where, scaring both her and Justin.

 

 

Hey, Justin, who is this woman, your girlfriend?” One of the men asked Justin, as he and Angie tried to walk back to the truck.

 

 

What happened with Cameron, Justin?” Another man asked.

 

 

What are you doing here in Atlanta? Coming to see your girlfriend?” Another asked.

 

 

Is she pregnant with your child?” Another one asked.

 

 

Angie was getting a little nervous at the flashing and the questioning coming from the unwanted paparazzi. They had swarmed her completely and started harassing her with questions.

 

 

Hey, how long have you known Justin?”

 

 

How did you meet?”

 

 

How far along are you in your pregnancy? When did you know you were pregnant with Justin’s baby?”

 

 

Justin quickly walked over to Angie, grabbing her by the hand, and briskly walked her over to the truck. Opening the locks, Justin helped Angie in, before closing the door. He then quickly walked back over to his side of the truck, before hopping in himself. After Justin had locked all of the locks, Angie had noticed that the same men had swarmed themselves around Justin’s truck, still asking questions and snapping pictures.

 

 

“Get out of the way!” Justin shrieked, trying to get the paparazzi away from his vehicle. He then pressed his thumbs on both sides of the steering wheel, causing the sound of a large horn to echo through the crowd of photogs. “Get out of the fucking way!” He screamed again, before placing the truck in reverse.

 

 

Slowly he started to back out, and the gathering of paparazzi started to separate themselves, not wanting to be injured by a moving vehicle. Once he found a clearing, Justin headed for the exit of the parking lot.

 

 

“So,” Angie cleared her throat after, yet, another awkward silence, “is this what you go through everyday?” She asked, keeping her eyes focused on the road ahead of her.

 

 

Justin turned to look at her, as he drove down the street. He sighed heavily. “Angie, I’m so sorry. They shouldn’t have done that to you.”

 

 

She then turned to look at Justin. “It’s ok.”

 

 

He turned back to the road, before turning back to her. “Are you sure? I mean, they---”

 

 

She cut him off. “Justin, I’m sure. It’s fine.”

 

 

Angie might have said that she was fine, but she wasn’t fine. Those paparazzi men, scared the life out of her, and she wondered how Justin could take all of that. But the thing that had gotten to her were the questions. Even the paparazzi knew before Justin that he was the father of her child. She knew that they really didn’t know, but to her it was kind of ironic. Justin didn’t know that the paparazzi was actually right in their questioning about Angie’s baby.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Justin and Angie spent the entire day together. After leaving the restaurant, the two headed to the Centennial Olympic Park. They walked around and took in all of the sights. They had a great time just talking about everything and everyone they knew. After leaving the park, they went sight-seeing some more, going to see the home to the greatest Civil Right’s leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. After leaving there, they then headed off to Underground Atlanta, where they went shopping, well Justin went shopping, Angie just window shopped. Justin tried to buy Angie some things, but she just turned him down.

 

 

For dinner, they dined at one of many restaurants that were in Underground Atlanta.

 

 

Surprisingly for Angie and even more surprisingly for Justin, he was hardly recognized. After what happened in the parking lot, at the restaurant, things had seemed pretty calm. But, they had that occasional fan, who had recognized him, that came up and asked for his autograph, who he gladly obliged. Mostly, it was just Justin and Angie.

 

 

“Justin, I had a great time tonight.” Angie said as she and Justin walked up to her front door.

 

 

“Yeah, I had a great time too.” He said nodding, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets. “Maybe, I can see you tomorrow?” He asked her anxiously, balancing on the balls of his feet.

 

 

“I’ll call you.” She smiled, turning toward her front door, but turning back around to face him. “Thanks for the best Valentine’s Day ever. I’ll never forget this.” She leaned up hesitantly, before placing a chaste kiss upon his cheek. “Good night.” She said before turning around and unlocking her front door.

 

 

“Night.” He waved walking back to his truck.

 

 

Angie walked into her home. She closed the door, leaned her back up against it, and sighed deeply.

 

 

“Where were you?” A light quickly turned on.

 

 

Angie nearly jumped out of her skin, when she heard the sound of his deep, masculine voice. “Oh, my God, Corey. You scared me.” She placed her hand over her now racing heart.

 

 

“I said, where were you.” He stood up from his seat on the couch.

 

 

“I was…I was out with a friend.” Nervously, Angie said, walking further into the house. It wasn’t a complete lie, but not the whole truth.

 

 

“You were out with a friend? What’s this friend’s name?” Corey began to walk toward Angie.

 

 

Angie swallowed hard. “A friend from a long time, Corey. Why are you tripping?” She asked trying to walk away from him, taking off her scarf.

 

 

But Angie was too, slow. Corey gripped her by her elbow. “I’m not going to ask you again, what’s was this friend’s name?” He repeated, but this time it was a little more loudly.

 

 

“I told you, this is a friend from a long time ago. What’s it to you?”

 

 

What’s it to me? I come home expecting my wife to be here, so I can spend Valentine’s Day with her, since I’m always working.” He let go of her elbow. “I go out and I by her favorite flowers,” he pointed toward the couch, where a bouquet of Lavender Lilies laid across it. “And I walk into the kitchen and find the same flowers already in a vase.” He scratched his head in confusion. “I even booked us reservations at Bacchanalia. Do you know how long it takes to even get put on the waiting list for that restaurant? I had to beg my boss to get us reservations. And you know I don’t beg anybody?”

 

 

Guilt was now written all over Angie’s face. “Corey, I don’t know what to say. Why didn’t you just tell me?”

 

 

He sighed heavily. “I wanted it to be a surprise.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” She said, sadly looking down at her feet.

 

 

“Well, sorry is not going to cut it.” He told her sternly.

 

 

Quickly, Angie shot her eyes back up toward her husband. “Wait a minute? You are getting mad at me because I wasn’t home to be here for your surprise Valentine’s Day dinner, but there have been plenty of times when I had to cancel dinner plans, because you were always working late. Or the many times you’ve decided that work was more important than spending time with your wife.” Angie ranted to Corey. “How about the times that I have been here waiting for you to come home? I can’t believe you, Corey.”

 

 

Corey said nothing, but just shook his head at his pregnant wife. “Happy Valentine’s Day.” He just handed a blue velvet box with a tiny card attached. He didn’t even wait for her open it, before he retreated upstairs.

 

 

Looking down at the box, Angie took the card from the white envelope, opening it. Silently, she began to read what was said on the card.

 

 

My Dearest Angelica,

 

 

I know that we have been through some turbulent times in our relationships. Especially from me. But we’ve continued to strive and pull our love through. I know that you’ve never really had the best Valentine’s Day, but I want to make it up to you. And I hoping that you would give me that chance. Starting tonight.

 

 

In the past, I’ve done you wrong. I’ve let you down, but I really want to make it right. I need to make it right. We’re about to have our first child together, in three months, and I want this baby to have the life I never had growing up. Two parents who love him and who love each other. You’re so beautiful to me, and I never want to imagine my life without you. You’re the air I breathe. You are my life. And I love you. And I will always love you and our baby forever.

 

 

And I know that this won’t make up for the times I’ve had stood you up. But I hope this will be a start. A new beginning for us. And for our baby.

 

 

Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.

 

 

With All My Love,

Corey

 

 

She closed the card as the tears began to cascade down her face. All of this time she thought Corey never loved her the way she loved him. Never cared. But this changes everything.

 

 

Guilt had bubbled up inside of her right now. She felt guilty for everything that’s going on right now. Now, she regretted going out with Justin today. She regretted ever seeing him again, ever calling him. She even regretted for ever going to that damn concert.

 

 

She looked down at the box that was in the palm of her hand. She took in a deep breath, before clicking it open. To her surprise it was a solid, white gold locket. Taking the necklace from it’s holder, she opened the heart-shaped centerpiece. She was even more surprised to see a picture of her husband on the left side and the first sonogram picture of “their” baby on the right. Closing the locket, she turned it over and read the inscription: Now You Can Keep Us Both In Your Heart, Your Loving Child and Husband.

 

 

The tears still were free falling from her eyes, as she walked up the stairs. Walking into her bedroom, she found that it was completely empty. Corey was no where in sight. The bed didn’t even look like anyone had touched it. It was left the way she had left it this morning.

 

 

She then walked out of the bedroom and down the hall to their guest bedroom. She went to turn the knob, but found it locked. This was where Corey would sleep whenever he and Angie had their arguments. Instead of sleeping in the same bed with her, he opted to sleep in the guest room.

 

 

Figuring that he wanted to be alone, Angie, sorrowfully, walked back to her bedroom. She went to bed that night the same she went every night. Miserable and alone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story