Author's Chapter Notes:
here's the next chapter, hope you guys enjoy it. thank you so much for all of the comments, i really do love getting them and i'm glad that you guys are still enjoying this story :)
"I'm nervous Trace."

"Why? It's just Justin."

"I know but... I don't know."

"Chill out woman. I'm right here, nothing's gonna happen."

Chione shook her head and looked back at her daughter, who was playing with herself in her car seat. She smiled at her a little and then turned back to look out of the windshield. She had never been so nervous in her life, especially when it came to seeing Justin. She just hoped that everything went okay and that Trace and Justin could behave themselves and at least try and be civil. She counted the minutes that flew by, bringing them closer and closer to Justin's place. It seemed like in no time, they were pulling though the gates and parking in front of his front doors.

Trace cut off the car and turned to Chione, "Are you ready for this?"

Chione tore her eyes from in front of her and looked over at him sheepishly, "Yeah."

"I wish I could believe you. Let's get Dionne."

Chione undid the seatbelt and stepped out of the car. She went opened the back door and unhooked the girl from her car seat and brought Dionne to her chest, patting her back softly and talking to her. Trace grabbed the baby bag and swung it over his shoulder and the three of them made their way up the front steps. Trace rung the doorbell and sighed loudly while they waited for Justin to let them in. Within seconds, the door flew open, revealing a nicely dressed Justin Timberlake.

"Hey." He said with a small smile.

"Hey." Chione said diverting her eyes from his.

"Um, come on in you guys."

He opened the door wider and stepped aside, letting Trace and Chione gain entrance into his home. The two walked awkwardly into his house, with the clicking of her high heels against his marble floors being the only sound. When they hit the living room, Trace sat the baby bag down and leaned up against the wall, Chione sat on the couch and bounced her daughter on her knees and Justin stood on the outskirts of the room.

"Why is this so weird? We used to be friends." Justin chuckled sadly.

"We were friends before you decided to fuck yourself up with that shit." Trace said angrily.

"Trace, listen to me. I know I haven't been the best lately but don't act all innocent here. You used to snort with me all the time."

"That's true, but I would never-"

"Let's not start off this way guys." Chione said, with a deep sigh.

Trace and Justin shifted their weight and tried to contain themselves, "You're right, I'm sorry. Are you guys hungry at all? I got some stuff out in the kitchen." Justin said.

"Um, not really but thank you." Chione said.

It grew silent between them again until Justin broke the silence, "So that's her huh?" keeping his eyes on the tiny person in Chione arms.

She smiled widely at Dionne, "Yep this is her. Do you wanna hold her Justin?"

Justin breathed in deeply, uncertainty written all over his face. He shook his head yes and then walked slowly over to the couch, sitting next to her. Chione placed the girl into Justin's arms and watched as he stared at the little girl, unsure of what to do with her. Dionne stared back her father, and placed her tiny hand on Justin's chin as if she was trying to figure out who he was. Justin smiled, his eyes started to glaze over with tears and he cradled the little girl in the nook between his arm and side of his chest.

"She looks just like me." He whispered, not breaking the eyes contact with his daughter.

"I know." Chione whispered back.

Justin rocked back and forth slowly, playing with his daughter's fingers, tears falling down his face. How could he deny such a beautiful child for so long? How could he say such harsh things about his own flesh and blood? "Hey baby. I'm your daddy."

Dionne cooed and clapped her little hands together, staring back at her father. Justin laughed again his tears and looked up at Chione, "What's her name Chione?"

"Dionne Samantha."

"That’s the name we picked out together."

Chione shook her head and sniffled quietly. Justin reached up with his free hand and wiped underneath her eyes with the pad of his thumb, like he had done so many times before. In a moment of weakness, Chione rubbed her face into his large palm while countless memories flooded her mind, "Thank you Chi." He whispered.

"You helped me make her, it wasn't all me."

"Yo, I'm kinda hungry." Trace said, breaking the moment.

"Oh, okay, it's all in the kitchen. Come on."

They all moved into the kitchen and raided the pantry. After a few minutes, delicious smells filled the kitchen as they all cooked something for lunch. Dionne began to fuss while she was playing with Trace.

"I think she needs to be changed." Trace said.

"Yeah, it has been a few hours. Do you mind if I use your bedroom for a few minutes Justin?"

"Of course not, go right ahead."

Chione scooped her daughter up in her arms and disappeared up the stairs, leaving Justin and Trace together, "Justin?"

"Yeah man?"

"Don't think I didn't notice the little kodiak moment you guys had in the living room. I'm not gonna let you hurt her again man, that's not gonna happen. So don't get any ideas."

"I'm not going to hurt you guys anymore, you just have to give me a chance to prove it to you."

"Well, I'm not going to let you take advantage of her just because she's vulnerable and still has a soft spot for your ass."

"I understand."

"Good." Trace said, looking out of the kitchen window.

"This is probably going to sound gay as hell but I've missed you man. I've missed you a lot." Justin said.

Trace looked over at his friend, "I've missed you too dude. I've missed being your friend, but I can't stand by and watch you do this to yourself anymore. I can't dude."

Justin shook his head in agreeance, "I'm gonna sober up Trace. I'm gonna kick this shit and I'm going to get back to being the old Justin so I can be with you guys again. So I can be with my daughter."

"I'm glad to hear you say that but it's your actions after this point that will show us that you really do care about us."

"When did you get so... smart man?"

"What at the hell? Everybody's been saying that to me lately, ya'll must think I'm some kinda idiot, shit."

The two men fill the kitchen with laughter and Chione could do nothing but smile at the two of them. They were finally getting back to normal and she couldn't have asked for anything more. The day had slipped by so rapidly and soon, it was going on seven o'clock. They were back in the living room, Justin on the floor playing with Dionne while Trace and Chione played cards. The TV was set on a random channel and the radio was set on the slow jams. Chione's phone started to go off in her purse, so she stood from her spot on the floor and reached for her purse on the couch.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" The male voice asked.

"I'm over at Justin's JC, I told you that earlier."

Justin stopped playing with his daughter at the sound of his voice and looked over at her while she continued to talk to him.

"I thought we said-"

"We didn't say anything JC, Justin has the right to see his Dionne."

"Why are you being like this Chione? After everything he's done to you, you are just gonna let him waltz back into your life like nothing went down? That's insane."

"Everybody deserves a second chance! And another thing, you are not my father so don't go spouting off that shit. I don't know what your problem is, why have you been acting like this lately JC?"

"I don't have a problem, you are being stupid."

"I'm being stupid?!" She scoffed, "Until you get your attitude fixed, don't call me." She slammed her phone shut and threw it back up on the couch.

"Let me guess, he didn't want you to come and see me today?" Justin asked, sitting up Indian style and placing little Dionne into his lap.

"I don't know what's gotten into him. He's just been really weird when it comes to you Justin."

"He's got some fuckin' nerve talking to you like that. I can't fuckin' stand his ass anymore."

"What happened between you two? You guys used to be so close." Trace asked, unaware of what had went down between JC and Justin.

"He just... nothing. We just don't see eye to eye about anything anymore."

There was more to the story but knowing that Justin wasn't going to get into it, Trace changed the subject, "I'm gonna go to bathroom. Watch my cards man, Chione likes to cheat."

"I do not! You're just mad cuz I've beat you six times in a row."

Trace exited the room and Chione hummed a long with the music, "Are you and JC dating?" Justin asked.

Chione was silent for a while, "Um, no?"

"Was that a question or an answer?"

Chione sighed, "We're not like dating like you and I used to but we... we've..."

"Had sex?" Justin filled in.

"Yeah."

"I knew he would try some shit as soon as I was out of the picture." Justin mumbled to himself while messing with Dionne.

"Justin, what happened between you two? Why are you so angry with him?"

"He was just really jealous of us and what we had, that's all. I know I don't have any say in what you do with your personal life and all anymore, but if he gets stupid with you, I'm always here for you."

Chione had no idea what he was talking but shook her head, "Yeah, okay."

Trace then walked back into the living room, "Are you ready to get your ass kicked little girl?" He said rubbing his hands together.

Not wanting to ruin the night, Chione shook the thoughts of JC out of her head and grinned at her friend, "What you got for me white boy?"

A few more hours went by and little Dionne was sleeping peacefully in her fathers arms. Justin kissed her softly on her forehead and laid her back into her car seat and strapped her in. He shut the door softly and turned back to Chione.

"Thank so much for bringing her over to see me."

"You're welcome." She smiled back.

Justin embraced her tightly, pulling her into his chest. Chione closed her eyes and breathed in his cologne, relaxing against him, "When can I see her again?" Justin asked.

"Whenever you want. You're mom wants me to stay out here for a few more weeks anyway."

"Okay well, I'd like to see her again tomorrow."

"That's fine, just come and get her whenever."

"Okay. Be safe."

"You too."

He kissed her softly on the cheek and looked into her dark eyes for a few moments. He fought the urge to make her lips his again and turned to Trace, "It was good seeing you man. You know the Lakers are playing next Sunday, we should go check 'em out."

"Look man, as long as you're buying the tickets, I'm all game."

The two laughed and embraced quickly, "I'll see you two soon." Justin said one last time.

"Alright dude."

Trace and Chione climbed into the Escalade and strapped themselves in as the SUV hummed to life. She waved at Justin as they backed out of the driveway and made their back to Lynn's estate.

"How do you feel?" Trace asked.

"Good, really good. That was so great, to see him like his old self again."

"I know, let's just hope he can stay like this."

"I second that."

Trace and Chione continued the drive home with smiles on their faces. About thirty minutes later, Chione stepped out of the shower and wrapped her body up in a towel and walked back into her room. She picked her clothes up off the floor and Justin's sent wafted through the air, making a soft smile spread across her face. Slowly, her walls were beginning to crumble away and she was letting him back into her heart. But she was starting to wonder, had he really left her heart the first time?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story