Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long delay, here's 21. let me know what you think okay?
Justin sat across from Chione in the less than crowded diner. He glanced around at the different people as he played with Dionne's hair as she sat in his lap. He was surprised that she had came to his graduation but he was utterly speechless when she agreed to have a bite to eat with him. He swallowed slowly and smiled softly at a waitress as she walked by.

"I'm proud of you." Chione said softly, offering a small smile, "You've come a very long way."

Justin kissed the top of Dionne's head and looked up at her mother, "Thank you. I uh, I wouldn't of made it without you guys."

Chione rubbed her neck and glanced away for a second before returning her gaze back to Justin, "Well, you had to make the decision to change Jay, we just kind of helped you along."

And then the quietness returned to them. Justin played with Dionne as she pointed at objects outside of the window. Chione smiled softly as she watched the two interact with each other. It was almost picture perfect. The man of her dreams laughing and playing with their daughter, Chione proudly being able to say that they belonged to her. But everything was... different now. There had been so many lies, so much destruction. How could she ever trust him again?

Part of her wanted to just forget about everything and go home with him; to just live a happy, carefree life like they had planned. But how do you forget about the hings that he had done? The beatings, the harsh words, knowing that someone he called a friend had her mugged. Chione let out a deep sigh and ran her hands through her long hair as the frustration built up in her.

Why couldn't things be easy?

The three ate the meals with minimal talk, and that was mostly done to Dionne as she tried to improve her speech. The drive home was quiet too, Chione keeping her gaze outside the window the entire time. When they pulled up to her house, she slid out of the passengers side and walked to back to collect the now sleeping Dionne.

"Do you need any help? You want me to carry her?" Justin asked quietly, walking around to her side of the car.

"I got it, thanks though."

"Can I walk you to the door?"

Chione nodded as the through Dionne's diaper bag over her shoulder and clutched Dionne to her chest. The clicks of her heels against the wet pavement filled the air as the post-rain wind whipped through the trees and against their skin. It still smelled like rain. Chione loved the rain.

Chione paused when she reached the front door, sliding her key into the wooden structure and turning it until she pushed through the door and into her foyer. She dropped the bag and turned to face Justin, who had his head down and hands in his pockets.

"Um, I have a test on Wednesday at five in the afternoon, do you think you could watch for me?" Chione asked softly.

"Sure, of course." He said, nodding.

"Great, um, I'll drop her off around four-thirty?" She asked, more than stated.

"Sounds great, I'll see then. Thank you for coming and thank you for bringing her tonight. I'll see you later."

She smiled as he turned and walked back to his car. She closed the door as soon as she heard his engine purr to life and locked it behind her. She headed straight upstairs, ignoring the beeping answering machine. Once inside Dionne's room, she kicked off her shoes and began to undress the small girl, placing her into her favorite pink pajamas. Once her task was completed, she lifted Dionne as she pulled back the Dora the Explorer sheets and laid her child underneath them. She kissed her softly and then exited the room.

She stripped down to her bare body once she was in her bedroom and started the shower, wanting nothing more than to wash away her thoughts and feelings. Her mind continued to race as she went through her mundane routine of washing, and brushing her teeth. She numbly brushed through her now damp hair and threw the brush down on the sink. She tightened her robe around her body and walked back into her bedroom. She turned on the tv and collapsed into the large bed, her back to the door.

Her fingers itched to touch him, to run her long, thin fingers through his hair. She was so proud of him; he was finally turning back into the man that she had fallen in love with. She just wanted to love him, but fear and pride was blocking her from doing so. She had to take a stand, if not for herself then for Dionne. If she fell for Justin again, she'd be telling him that he could just run all over her.

And JC. That was just the absolute edge for her. How could Justin hide such a thing from her? She felt sick every time she thought about JC. She trusted him, she let him hold her daughter. They made love hundreds of times while Justin was strung out. And come to find that he as well was a wolf in sheep's clothing. She hadn't really heard from him since that awful day at Justin's parents house when she found out. When she returned to work, Jenna told her that he had stopped by looking for but he didn't leave a message.

JC then called her a few days after that but hung up before she had decided to answer. And then, he was gone. No more calls, no more visits, no more attempts to get her to reconsider the possibility of being with him. Not that she missed him or anything, he was better off gone. But yet, she couldn't help but feel bad about the situation. She was really the cause of the strange love triangle that they were in. But he had no right to invade her the way he did. And for that, she hoped he burned in hell.

Oh, what a mess a her life had become.

She sighed loudly as she rolled over on her back and stared at the ceiling. She had to be strong, she had to resist Justin. But the feeling of her running her hands long his broad, naked back as his lips caressed the skin of her neck soon flooded her body. She closed her eyes as she vividly remembered kissing a trail down his beautiful body. Smiling and giggling as she forged a path down his slender frame. The sounds of his shortened breath was music to her ears back then as she came dangerously close to his thighs.

Chione began to lose herself in the memory as her hand started to run slowly between her breasts. She hadn't gotten any in a while, she was entitled to a little fun with herself. Just as her fingers began to dip between her thighs, a loud knock at the door sounded through the house. She jumped and sat up slightly as the thoughts of Justin disappeared. She shot her head to the left, waiting to see if the night visitor had gone away.

When a few more minutes went by, Chione laid back down again and slammed her eyes shut. She willed the thoughts of Justin to return as she untied her robe and hiked her silk nightly up around her waist. Justin as her fingers began to play with the hem of her black lace panties and the memories of sex with Justin began to return, the loud knock came again.

"Fuck!" Chione screamed as she jumped out of the bed.

She harshly tied the belt around her robe as she stomped downstairs and through the foyer, "JC, if it's you, I swear to God, you will never have children you sick fuck!" She screamed as she swung open the door.

Her breath hitched in her throat and she froze in place as she faced the person at her front door. She gripped her robe as her chest rose and fell. Her gaze never wavered from his.

"What do you want?" She breathed.

"I just want to talk to you, Chione, just for a second." JC said, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"No, you get the fuck out of here right now, or I'm calling the police."

"Just wait a second! I'm not going to hurt you okay, just please let me talk to you."

Chione scoffed, "What in the hell do you possibly have to say to me? After everything you've done?"

He put his head down and ran a hand through his dark hair, "I just want to apologize. I've done some fucked up shit but... I love you. I've... I've wanted you from the very first moment that Justin introduced you to us. He was never good enough for you."

"And you were? JC please, this is just-"

He held up a hand to stop her, "Just let me finish. Look at what he's done to you Chione. He got you pregnant and then left you high and dry because he was too busy shooting up! He cheated on you, beat you to a bloody pulp, and then had you arrested for trying to help his ass and you still think that he's worth your time? I could give you so much more than that and you know it."

Chione shook her head, keeping her arms crossed at her chest, "He didn't have somebody mug me to get into my pants!"

"I just wanted you to pay attention to me! You were so caught up in him, you wouldn't have even-"

"I was in love with him! What don't you understand about that? He was my boyfriend JC, not you. You had no right to do that to me! None at all!"

He took a step toward her, "I know that and I'm sorry but at the time I thought that was the only way I could get you to myself for a while."

"And you just thought that I'd fall into your arms and cry and then take off my clothes because Justin was in New York? Well, things backfired a little bit didn't it?" She said, narrowing her eyes at him, "There was nothing that you could have done to have gotten me to leave him. He is the best man that I have ever had the pleasure of being with. You need to go."

"Chione, just listen to me-"

She shook her head, "No. Leave."

"Chione, I swear to you, I can give you and Dionne everything that you deserve. Just come with me, please." He held out his hand to her, praying that she would take it.

Chione stared down at his open hand as she breathed slowly. A year ago, she would have taken his hand. She possibly would have run away with him because at least she knew that she would be safe with him. But now, that hand was nothing but lies and deceit. She could never and would never trust him again.

"No! You know, Justin might have problems but at least he is a man! He would have never intentionally hurt me like you did." She laughed sarcastically at him, "You're trash. Stay away from my daughter and stay away from me or next time, I'm getting you hauled off to jail."

Chione stepped back inside her home and slammed the door, locking it behind her. He continued to knock and ring the doorbell as she went around to all of the doors and windows, making sure that they too were closed and locked. She walked upstairs and into Dionne's bedroom, picking her up carefully and cradling her as she moved back into her bedroom.

JC's final doorbell ring came a few seconds later. She glanced around the room as she heard his car start up and move away, hopefully for the last time. She cuddled up next to her child and stroked her curly hair, soothing her frazzled nerves.

When was her life ever going to get better?

When was all of the bullshit going to end?

Incomplete
god gave me style is the author of 19 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 26 members. Members who liked White Lines also liked 561 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story