Author's Chapter Notes:
New chapter! Sorry it took so long but please review!!!

The promotional tour had finally ended and Alexis was relieved. No longer would she have to sit in a hot stuffy bus with an arragant bastard named Justin Timberlake. She wouldn't admit it but the trip had been midly entertaining. She was able to see different parts of the country she hadn't seen before.

Now it was back to her desk job. As boring as it could be she needed the money and the experience wasn't so bad either. She was learning the business and everyone has to start somewhere. Twirling in her chair Alexis looked at the clock. It was five minutes until her very much needed lunch break. After what seemed like forever she jumped from her chair.

"Where are you going?" she heard a low voice. She knew who it was but simply answered. "Lunch. Bye."

As she was climbling into her car a hand grabbed her shoulder, making her heart drop. Spinning around ready to beat the shit out of whoever it was she was almost relieved it was Justin. Almost.

"Damnit Justin!' she growled holding her hand to her chest. "You scared me. Don't do that."

Justin bit back a smile. "Sorry. Are you going to lunch?"

"Didn't I say that before?"

Raising his eyebrows Justin decided to act like he didn't  catch her sarcasm. "Yes. Would you like to come with me? I know a really nice place downtown."

Hearing her stomach growl Alexis would have settled for anything. Letting out a sigh she moved some hair out of her face. "Alright." she said crossing her arms. "But this doesn't mean I like you or we're friends."

"Ok, sure." Justin smiled opening his car door for her.

When they arrived at the restaurant Alexis was taken aback when they were swarmed with photographers. A little scared she looked to Justin for guidence. She wasn't used to all these people around her and it made her nervous. Justin immediately grabbed her hand and led her into the restaurant. Seeing her eyes filled with fear he gave her a small hug.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that." he said sincerely. "I didn't know they would be here. I really am sorry."

Alexis had to laugh at his constant apologizing. "Justin, really its okay." she said before picking up a menu. "What is good here?"

"Try the steak, its awesome."

"Okay." she said giving a small smile.

As they waited for their food Alexis sat there looking at her fingers. She didn't know what to say to Justin. They didn't get along but he was being unusally nice. She looked up as she watched him. He did look cute that day with a black button down shirt and jeans.

"So..." Justin said trying to start a conversation. When Alexis said nothing he sighed. "Alexis why do you hate me?"

"What?" she said taken aback. "Hate you?"

Justin nodded. "Yeah. Why do you hate me?" he asked looking her right in the eyes, which made her a little nervous.

"Justin," she sighed. "I don't hate you. It's just you can be such an arrogant asshole sometimes. Someone needs to put you in your place."

"Put me in my place are you kidding me? Your constantly being a bitch to me even when I do something nice for you. Here I am taking you to lunch and your being ungrateful!"

"I'm not ungrateful!" she shouted but realized there was other people in the room and lowered her voice. "I'm not. But you know your an asshole so why don't you just admit it already?"

"I'm not an asshole." he protested. "I'm not."

"Yeah okay, and who would agree with you? Your little teenie fans? Sorry Justin but I'm not going to be one of those girls who are fawning over you. You think you are hot shit and better than everyone else."

Justin's face fell a little. Noone had ever been this blunt with him before. "I don't... mean to come off that way."

"What would your mom say if she saw you acting this way?"

Oh no. She did not just talk about his Momma.

"I have never been disrespectful around her and don't talk about her, you don't know her."

"Oh so you can be disrespectful to everyone else? Thats cool." Alexis said dripping with sarcasm. "You know what. I'm done. Thanks for the meal but I'm done." she said throwing down her napkin and walking out.

"Alexis wait!" Justin yelled after her. Running through the mass of papparazzi he jumped into the car with her. "Alexis I'm sorry alright. Can we try to be friends?"

"I dont know." she sighed. "You have a lot of work to do to get my friendship. I don't play nice with assholes."

Justin bit his lip, he wanted to say something but held it back. "Fine."

"Fine." she answered back.

And the rest of the ride back was silent.

*******************************

Later that night Alexis sat curled up with her rocky road icecream as she watched an old classic movie. It was the first time in a long time she had gotten any time to herself and she was enjoying every minute of it. Turning the t.v. to a different channel she was shocked when she saw her face on the screen. Nearly dropping her icecream she scrambled for the remote to turn it up.

"Who is Justin's new Lady love? E.T. is told that the mystery woman works for Justin's record comany. But could there be more of an office relationship then they claim to have? We'll soon find out."

Rolling her eyes she threw down the remote. How could people even think they are dating? They didn't even hold hands. Well, kind of when Justin led her into the restaurant but it wasn't an affectionate hold. Seriously how can people assume one person is dating another just because they are seen together? Alexis was now getting mad. The last thing she needed was annoying as hell paparazzi following her everywhere.

Hearing her cell ring, she knew why it was ringing. Lokoing at the caller ID she saw her best friend Kaylee's face smiling back at her.

"ALEXIS. MARIE. JOHNSON. why didn't you tell me?!" she practically screamed into the phone.

"Kaylee, my ears. And it's not true. They make up this shit all the time, you know that."

"Aw come on girl. You know you got the hots for him."

"Gag me. Definately not. He's an arrogant ass." Alexis growled.

"My Justy-Poo? Never." Kaylee laughed. Alexis had to giggle. Kaylee always knew how to cheer her up.

"Thanks Kay. Really." Alexis laughed.

"No problem girl. Tell my future husband I said hello."

"Yeah yeah. Goodbyeeeeeee." she laughed before shutting her phone.

Hearing her phone go off again she rolled her eyes. Seeing Justin's name on the screen she rolled her eyes even more but decided to asnwer.

"Yes Justin?" she asked.

"So you saw it huh?" he asked. He could tell by the sound of her voice she was not happy.

"No Justin I just finished watching little mermaid, of course I saw it. I knew this would happen and this is why i didn't want to be seen with you."

"Lexi, calm down its alright." he said soothingly.

"Don't call me that and I am calm. I'm just annoyed alright?"

"I understand. I'll fix it okay?"

"Alright." she sighed adjusting herself on the couch.

"Well I'll see you at the office tomorrow..."

"Yep. Bye." she said shutting her phone.

Yeah she was falling for him but from that moment she told her self she would never admit it.

We'll see.....



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: enemiesturnedlovers