Author's Chapter Notes:
since new years is tomorrow i thought it would be appropriate to incorperate it into the story :) hehehe.

Alexis fixed her hair in the mirror as she finished getting ready for the party that night. It was new years eve. She was excited, she wasn't much of a party girl but it wasn't every night she got to go to a big hollywood party for New Years Eve so she figured she might as well enjoy it.

Hearing a knock on the door she fixed herself once more before going to answer the door. Seeing Justin on the other side, her breath caught in her throat. He looked incredible in his suite. Biting her lip she took a depp breath. "Hi Justin."

Justin's eyes seemed to grow three sizes when he laid eyes on Alexis. She looked stunning in her black cocktail dress. She had simple jewlery that grazed her neck and ears and her hair, straightened fell to her shoulders delicately. "Hi Lexi. You look....amazing." he said breathlessly.

Alexis gave him a small smile. "Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself." she said.

"Ready?" he asked holding out his arm for her which she took. She still wasn't in favor of Justin, but it was new years eve and she figured one night being nice to each other wasn't going to kill anyone.

"Yeah." she smiled taking his arm as he led her down the stairs where the rest of the group was waiting. "Hi Johnny." she smiled as they made their way over.

"Wow Alexis. You look fantastic." Johnny said with smile.

"So do you."

They pulled up to the night club where they would be ringing in the new year. Justin grabbed Alexis' hand and guided her through the mob of photographers. That was her only regret about going. She knew it was goto be on every newsstand the next morning.

"Do you want to dance?" Justin shouted over the music,

"Sure, I guess." Alexis shouted back.

Justin grabbed her hand leading her to the dance floor as they began to grind to the music. Their bodies pressing against one another to the beat of the music. Justin's hand slid down Alexis' leg sending shivers through her body.

When a slow song came through the speakers Alexis turned around and wrapped her arms around Justin's shoulders.

"I have to admit, this is nice." she said looking into his baby blue eyes.

"It is. Why can't we always be like this Alexis? Why do we always have  fight?" he asked her sincerely.

Alexis sighed. "I don't know Justin. I guess we're both just stubborn and unwilling to admit we were wrong. But it is the start of a new year and...."

"And you want to get along? me too. I know it won't be easy but I'm willing to try if you are."

Alexis nodded and smiled. "I'd like that." she said resting her head on his shoulder for the remainder of the song.

After the song was over the couple headed over to the bar to have a round of drinks, and another, and another. It was getting close to midnight. She sat at the bar, her fingers intertwined with Justin's.

"Come on Lexi, letsss go watch the ball drop!" he shouted taking her hand and dragging her over to where the big screen was in the club. The entire club stood around as they watched the beautiful ball drop in times square.

"5....4....3....2....1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!" the club erupted in cheers as glassed clanked together and couples kissed. Alexis looked at Justin who smiled back at her. Justin slowly leaned down letting his lip graze hers before it turned into something more passionate. Finally coming up for air the two took a deep breath.

"Wow." Alexis said after a moment. She never expected that. "Happy...New Year.." she finally managed to get out.

"You too."  Justin said before his lips crashing once more ontop of Alexis.

*****************

The next morning Alexis woke up to the sun streaming into her room. She looked to her rihgt and saw that Justin was not there. She was some what relieved they hadn't hooked up in their new year drunk fest. She didn't need a repeate of a few weeks ago. Her head was pounding though and she felt sick to her stomach. Running to the bathroom she relieved herself before gaining composure to stand back up. Crawling back in bed she heard a knock.

Groaning she managed to walk over to the door. Opening she saw Justin with a big grin on her face which annoyed her. Why wasn't he hung over?

"Good Morning Ms. Johnson." he smiled pleasantly and chuckled when he recieved a dirty look from her as she crawled back into bed. "not feeling good are we?"

"No Justin, I feel fantastic." she growled throwing the covers over her head. "and why the hell are you not hung over?"

"Oh trust me darlin, I was. But I've been up for awhile so I've had time to recover. How are you feeling?"

"Like a house is on my head." Alexis mumbled. "Oh and I just puked my entire stomach into the toliet about five minutes ago."

Justin walked into the bathroom, grabbing some pain medicine and handed it to her. "Here, take this. It'll help."

"Thanks." she said with a small smile. "I think I'm just gonna lay here for the rest of my life."

Justin laughed. "Aw come on. You'll feel better in no time. I'll stay here if you want me too."

Alexis nodded. "Could you?" she asked quietly. How could Justin say no?

"Sure." he smiled and crawled into bed with her. She curled against his chest and a warmth instantly surrounded her before she drifted off into a deep sleep.

Justin watched her as she fell asleep. She looked so cute in her peaceful slumber. Growing tired himself he drited off to sleep as well, curled up with Alexis.

A few hours later Alexis woke from her nap to see Justin asleep beside her. She smiled. She had to admit he did look pretty cute curled up the way he was. He was starting to grow on her and she figured it wouldn't hurt anyone if they started getting along. And he had been very sweet to her when she wasn't feel well earlier that day.

"Hey sleepyhead." she whispered to Justin touching his face gently.

Opening his eyes his heart rate sped when he saw Alexis' beautiful face looking back at him. "Hey you. How are you feeling?" he asked sitting up.

Alexis sat up as well. "Better thanks to you." she said adjusting herself on the bed. "I should probably get some work done since we have to get back to work tomorrow."

Justin nodded. "Alright, I'll let you do that. But, would you like to go to dinner tonight?"

Alexis held back her excitment. "Sure, that'd be great."

Justin leaned over and kissed her cheek making her blush. "See you then Lexi." he smiled before closing the door.

Both unknowing to each other let out a squeal. Things were finally falling into place.

Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reading!! be sure to review <33

Incomplete
katiex0 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked The Office also liked 656 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: enemiesturnedlovers