Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been insanely busy with Christmas and everything. Thank you to everyone who has been reading and leaving reviews. It makes my life :) I hope you like it!
“How is Rainbow feeling?” my mother asked as we drove to a radio interview. It is five thirty in the morning. Based on the events of last night/ this morning I would say that Ray is feeling wonderful. Me on the other hand, I would be feeling wonderful if I was still in bed with her instead of on my way to this radio interview after getting forty-five minutes of sleep.

“Good, she’s doing good.”

“I like her.”

That comment made me move the hood off from on top of my head and look over at my mother. I didn’t expect that. That’s important to me. I did expect my mother to like Ray but I didn’t think it would be this fast. My mother isn’t hard to get along with, but she tends to take some time before liking my girlfriends. She also is never afraid to tell me that she does not like a girlfriend. Usually that is the end of the relationship, like I’ve said, my mother’s opinion is important to me.

“I’m glad Ma,” I said as I gave her a weak smile before pulling the hood over my face again and resting my head on the window.

“Don’t you think maybe you should get her a ring?”

I honestly didn’t even think about that. I should have thought of that, I mean who gets married without a ring? This is just such a strange situation to be in that the whole thing is confusing the hell out of me.

“And you should propose” she continued.

“Ma, it’s kind of been done.”

“Rainbow needs to be proposed to.”

“Call her Rayne. And she’s not like that, she doesn’t care.”

“Of course she cares, every girl cares.”

“I don’t think she cares.”

“She cares,” my mother answered with that tone in her voice that told me the discussion was over. “You’ll be done early today. We’ll go look for rings, you can do it tonight.”

“Ma, you can’t tell me at five thirty in the morning that you want me to get a ring and propose tonight.”

“When else are you planning on doing it Justin? You have a show tomorrow night and we’re leaving the next. You really should do it while you’re out here, you’re going to have to get married in the next few weeks.”

I nodded my head; I really hate the fact that she’s always right almost as much as I hate the fact that she knows she’s always right.






When I woke up I could tell I was alone in bed before I even opened my eyes. I forgot Justin had to work early this morning. He probably didn’t get any sleep. I almost feel bad.

I rolled over to my back and took a deep breath while looking up at the ceiling. I’m actually enjoying it here; I honestly did not think I would. The sex is just so good. I really feel like if I’m going to be stuck with him for the rest of my life and the sex stays like it is now I’ll never complain.

My cell phone rang and I reached over to grab it from the bedside table. “Hello?”

“Hey, did I wake you?” Justin asked. He sounds so sexy on the phone, he sounds sexy on the radio too. Fuck that, I’m pretty sure he always sounds sexy.

“No, I just woke up though. You must be so tired, I’m sorry I kept you up all night.”

He laughed, “It was worth it, you can keep me up for that any night.”

“Alright,” I giggled, “I’ll remember that.”

“Great, thank you. Listen, I have to go to this charity thing tonight. Do you want to come? Its just dinner and then we can sneak out. I have to make an appearance.”

“OK, yeah sure.”

“Cool it’s uh… formal. Black tie, ya’know?”

“Sure, I’ll go get something.”

“Yeah,” he sounds really distant, really out of it. Obviously I don’t know him that well, but I’m starting to pick up on his moods. He doesn’t hide his moods very well, I’m not sure if he tries but he’s not good at it if he does.

“Are you alright?”

“Why? Yeah. I’m fine, I’m just… tired.”

“Oh, ok.” Obviously he’s tired. Sometimes I feel like I’m back in middle school with this relationship, or this beginning of a relationship. I don’t know, maybe all relationships are like this; I haven’t had one in a long time. I just hate all this second-guessing and awkwardness.

“So I know I was supposed to be back early today but some things came up. I should be back by 6. The thing starts at 7.”

“Oh,” that really sucks. I get so damn bored spending the day in the hotel room. “I could come. It would be good for everyone to see us out together. I mean I’ll just sit and watch, I won’t be in the way.”

“Tomorrow alright?” he answered right away, not even thinking about it, “it’s late now, I’m already gone and the schedule is pretty much booked solid.”

“I could meet you.”

“No, seriously Ray, it’s not worth it. Tomorrow will be more interesting, today is just boring stuff.”

“OK,” I answered softly. I don’t see why I can’t go and just follow him around. His mother is there with him it’s not like I’ll be in the way. “I’ll just go shopping.”

“Yeah, get a dress, have fun.” I don’t think it’s really possible to have fun shopping by myself while grown men with cameras follow me.

I nodded my head as if he could see me, “Alright, so I’ll see you around six?”

“Yeah, yeah cool. Around six. I’m sorry you came out here and are stuck at the hotel all day,” he answered sincerely, “But I’ll make it up to you, tomorrow will be good.”

“Alright. I’ll see you later.”




This sure is the making of an amazing relationship. I’m lying to her already. I’m making up stories so Ray will stay at the hotel alone all day and not come to spend time with me. Wow, this is some fucked up shit.

I’m on my way to Tiffany’s to get an engagement ring for the girl I knocked up. I don’t know what kind of ring she’d like or even what size ring she is because I don’t know a damn thing about her. I always thought this would be one of those moments that I would just know exactly what ring to get because clearly I would know everything about the girl I’m about to propose to. My stomach is twisting like a pretzel and there is a very strong possibility that I’m either going to throw up or pass out before I even make it into the store.

There are so many fucking sparkles I’m getting a headache already. My mother, on the other hand, really seems to be enjoying herself. She’s busy 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at every piece of jewelry she sees. “Whatever you think Ma,” maybe she’ll just pick something out and get me out of this place. There’s something about picking out an engagement ring that makes me very claustrophobic.

“Now Justin come on, we need to find the perfect ring.”

“She’s John Dontayo’s daughter so probably the biggest most expensive ring will do it.”

She let out a sigh, “You don’t know that.” I don’t think she owns a pair of sneakers. I think it’s pretty safe to say the most expensive ring will do it. “First we need to think of the color, what color do you think Justin?”

“I thought it had to be a diamond.” That shows how much I know about engagement rings.

My mother laughed, “There are different color diamonds Justin. Look there’s a pink one, and a yellow one.”

“That yellow is as ugly as fuck.”

“I like the pink, what do you think? Or there’s the traditional white, but I don’t think she’s very traditional. I could be wrong.”

I had to laugh at that one; I don’t think there’s one thing about a girl named Rainbow that is traditional. “Pink is good.”

“Don’t just pick something, look around. It has to speak to you.”

“It’s speaking to me Ma,” it’s telling me to buy it and get the fuck out of this place. It’s telling me to pay as much as most people pay for a down payment of a house on a damn ring.

“Alright, well tell him you want to look at it and you need a size 6.”

“How do you know her size?”

“It’s the average size sweetie. She’s probably more like a 5 but you don’t want to get it too small. You can always have them make it smaller. Plus they’re more likely to have it in a six. If not you’ll have to wait and won’t be able to do it tonight.”

Or I could just pick another ring. I guess that’s not an option, it seems like we’ve found the ring.

The whole process was painless enough. Hopefully I won’t have to go shopping for an engagement ring again in the near future. Now I have this box in my pocket and I need to figure out how to propose to the girl I’m already being forced to marry in a few weeks time. We should have just done the whole Vegas thing.

It was a little after six when I finally got back to the hotel. I’m paranoid that she’s going to see the ring in my pocket. Ray was standing in front of the mirror doing her hair, “Hey.” I fell down on the bed.

“You must be so tired,” she looked at me through the mirror.

“Nah, I’m fine. How are you feeling?”

“Like shit actually,” she said with a smile.

“Do you not want to go?”

“No, I got a hot dress, we’re going while I still look hot,” she said as she rubbed her stomach.

“I don’t think you’d ever not look hot Ray,” I stood up, “I’m going to take a shower.”






This whole thing really is like middle school. He tells me I’m hot and then runs off to take a shower. Who does that over the age of 12?

I pulled my robe open and looked at my stomach, it’s hard to believe that pretty soon I’m going to be huge with a baby kicking at me 24/7. I can’t wait for this whole thing to be over with. Hopefully by then things won’t be so awkward between Justin and I.

After we finished getting ready we went up to the restaurant at the top of the hotel. Justin’s being abnormally quiet… not that we have much to say to each other, but we usually talk. He must be tired. “It’s really convenient that it’s up here so we don’t have to get a car or anything.”

“Yeah, it works out. You look beautiful.”

“Thank you, that’s sweet. You look hot.”

Justin laughed and ran his hand through his hair, “Are you hungry or what?”

“I’m always hungry.”

“That’s how it works.”

“I guess, but I didn’t think I’d be so hungry so early on. Am I going to be this hungry for the next nine months?”

“Seven months right?”

“Oh yeah,” I forgot I’m already 2 months down.

The elevator door opened and Justin grabbed onto my hand. As soon as we stepped out a man showed us to a small balcony with only one table set for two. Justin pulled the chair out for me and I sat down.

“How is this a charity thing and we’re the only ones here?”

He shrugged with a smile, “Good question.”

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing, we’re just having dinner,” he held up his glass of water, “Enjoy.”

I gave him a look as I took a sip from my water.

“Are you homesick yet? Do you miss your father?”

I shook my head; he thinks I’m way closer to my father than I am. I mean we’re close, but not like he is to his family, “I don’t see him that much.”

“No? Why not?”

“He works a lot, he’s never been around that much.”

Justin nodded his head, “What about your brother?”

“No, I hardly ever see him. He lives out in Fresno, he and Daddy don’t get along well.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean…”

“It’s ok I don’t mind talking about it but it’s kind of a downer. We’re just a typical Hollywood family. It’s sweet that you and your mother are so close.”

“Yeah,” he nodded his head and tried to think of something else.

I ended up actually having a good time at dinner. Whenever Justin relaxes a little and lets loose he can be really cool. I just hate when he feels awkward around me.

“That was so good,” I said as the waiter came and took my empty plate away. I really ate every single crumb of my dinner.

“There’s dessert coming too, I hope you saved room.”

“Gosh, you like your girls fat huh?”

Justin laughed, “It’s supposed to be amazing.”

The sad part is that I’m going to eat it all because even though I just ate salad, soup, tilapia and roasted potatoes and green beans, I’m still a little hungry.

“What’s going on tomorrow?”

“I have… an interview at 8 then I’m heading to the venue to check it out and do a sound check. There I have to do another interview and meet some kids and all that stuff. Are you coming?”

“Am I invited?”

“Yeah,” he laughed, “Today was just hectic.”

“I’ll come.” I said as the waiter placed this huge thing in front of me. I think it’s a cake of some sort, there’s a little brownie type thing with some ice cream. Then there’s this big sugar net thing around it, “Wow, it’s so pretty.”

“It tastes good too,” Justin said with a laugh.

I smiled as I moved the sugar net thing away and there is definitely a ring sitting in the ice cream. “What’s this?”

“A ring,” Justin said as I picked it up, it’s beautiful, “I should probably get down on my knee right?”

I laughed as I watched him get down on the ground. I really did not expect a ring, much less an actual proposal.

“I know this isn’t exactly how you planned your life but… you deserve a ring and a proposal, even if it’s only from me. But I want to uh… take care of you, and do the best I can to make you happy. I will make you happy, I promise. I’ll always be there to take care of you and the baby and do what I can to make your life easy. So… we’re going to do this right?” I nodded my head, “This is, ya’know, your last chance to escape.”

I laughed as he grabbed onto my hand, “I’m not escaping.”

“Good, me neither. So Rainbow,” he laughed, “Do you want to get married?”

“I do,” I laughed and kissed him, “Thanks Justin, that’s really thoughtful.”

“Of course,” he smiled as he got up and kissed me again, “We got this.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story