Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and the feedback. Here's some more :) Let me know what you think :)
This drive to Malibu is really kicking my ass. It takes forty-five fucking minutes to get to Ray’s house without traffic. There are very few times where there is no traffic on the Pacific Coast Highway, this is not one of them. I honesty can’t wait until she moves into my house just so I don’t have to drive this far. It was good back when we were just hooking up once in awhile and she usually came here. But now it’s getting ridiculous.

I let out a sigh of relief when I pulled into her driveway. Ray came to the door and offered me a weak smile, “What’s up?” I asked her.

“Hey,” she walked into the house and I followed her, “I thought you were standing me up.”

“Nah, traffic.”

I don’t know if she’s pissed or what but I’m tired and not really in the mood to figure it out. Ray sat down at her dining room table that was full of papers and pictures for the wedding. I can feel a migraine coming along. I could imagine it’s stressful enough to plan a wedding but to do it with this girl I hardly even know added to the fact that I have all this other shit going on it will certainly be disastrous. I would much rather Ray makes all the decisions. I could not give a fuck what color tablecloths there are.

“OK, I don’t know where to start. I want to have red because it’s like wintry and almost Christmas.”

She stopped talking, I guess she wants some input from me, because my life would not be complete if we went with red instead of say purple. “ That’s good.”

“OK, so I want to have white table clothes on the tables and then candles and this centerpiece,” she passed over the picture and I know my mouth dropped. It is a huge bouquet of roses there has to be at least a thousand in each centerpiece.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, why?”

“How much is that?”

“It’s totally worth it, they’re beautiful.”

“How beautiful?”

“Ten.”

“Ten?”

“Thousand.”

“Total?”

“Each.”

I had to laugh out loud at that one. Ten thousand dollars for one centerpiece, “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.”

“It’s a small wedding, there’s not that many tables.”

“Ten, there’s ten tables. That’s 100,000,” she gave me a look to tell me she didn’t see the big deal in spending 100,000 dollars on a fucking centerpiece, “Ray most people have their whole wedding for under 40 grand.”

“We’re not most people.”

Yeah, apparently not. My throat is closing up.

“Relax, it’s not like you’re paying for it.”

“It’s not about who is paying for it. It’s just a little overkill. I mean, it’s supposed to be a small wedding, low key. I’m sure we could find a smaller centerpiece that looks the same.”

“It won’t look as good, I want it big.”

“You won’t even be able to see the people across the table from you.”

“Then we’ll move it when dinner comes.”

“So you want to spend 100 grand on a centerpiece that won’t even be on the table the whole night?” she is out of her fucking mind.

Ray took a deep breath, “oh my god are you really that cheap?”

“Cheap?” I laughed, “A hundred grand for fucking flowers.”

“You’re not paying for them. We’re getting them, the end.”

I took a deep breath; I don’t know why I came all the way out here when I don’t even have a choice in the decisions. I think it’s insane to pay that much for fucking flowers but I take it she’s not the kind of girl that is used to not getting what she wants. “What else?”

“What about an ice sculpture?”

“Yeah, that’s good. The kind where you pour the shot down it and then it’s cold by the time it get to you.”

“No, like a heart or a whole winter scene.”

“It could be a winter scene, a whole mountain full of snow and at the bottom is a nice hole to get the shot.”

“That’s more of a bachelor party thing.”

I rubbed my forehead and closed my eyes, I feel like I can see the rest of my life with her telling me what I can and can’t do. It makes me sick to my stomach.

“And remember tomorrow is the tasting for the dinner and the cake tasting is at six.”

I nodded my head, “When are you going to start moving in?”

Ray continued looking through the papers in front of her, “Moving in where?”

“My house.” Where else would she be moving in?

She put the papers down and looked at me for the first time, “I’m not moving into your house what are you talking about?”

“What do you mean you’re not moving into my house?”

“You’re moving in here.”

“No,” that is one thing I will not just sit back and do what she says, “Ray there is no way in hell I’m moving into your house.”

“What is so wrong with my house?”

“Nothing, mine’s bigger. You have three bedrooms.”

“I have four bedrooms. We’re having one kid not eight.”

“Your house is an hour away from everything.”

“Which is good. I’m by the beach.”

“I’m in the hills, the best view in the city.”

She shrugged, “I need the beach.”

Oh, she needs the beach, just like I need to be less than an hour away from working, “I need a studio.”

“We can build one.”

“Ok, we need to come to some kind of a compromise because I’m not moving into your house. What’s the most important thing to you?”

“The beach.”

I took a deep breath, “Ray I need to be in LA.”

“Why?”

“I can’t deal with that drive every day. My life is in LA.”

“My life is in Malibu.”

I might strangle her, “What about Santa Monica or Venice.”

“Ew no.” she paused, “I like my house.”

“I like my house.”

“I can’t be in LA.”

I took another deep breath and ran my hands through my hair, “Why can’t you be in LA?”

She played with the elastic around her wrist and took a minute before answering, “I just can’t be there, I can’t be that close to Daddy and I can’t be that close to all the shit there. Please just trust me I can’t be there.”

Ray is having a minor breakdown just talking about it. I don’t know exactly what shit in LA she is talking about but it seems to be serious. If I find out this is all an act I swear to god I won’t be able to handle it, “Serious shit?”

“Yeah, like issues.”

I took a deep breath, “Serious issues?” she nodded her head, “Are you going to tell me about them or are you going to make me guess?”

“I will when it’s like… time. I just don’t want to think about them now, ok?

“Can you narrow it down? Friend issues? Boyfriend issues? Restraining order issues?”

“Family issues. Mother issues.”

I nodded my head, I do not know much about her mother. All I know is she was a model and she’s dead. I’m not exactly sure how she died or when she died, I think Ray said she got in an accident or something. I do know she does not want to talk about her mother. I guess that just comes with time, maybe someday she will want to talk about her mother with me. “I’ll call a realtor tomorrow.”

“Thank you. “

I nodded my head, “What other shit do we need to discuss?”

“The invitations. I like these,” she handed me a huge binder with a million of them inside. They all look the same to me.

“OK, I thought we weren’t sending invitations.” I thought the plan was to just call or send emails so people don’t hear about it.

“Yeah, but those are really cute.”

“Alright,” I’m going to save my energy and let her have her damn invitations. All I know is at first she wasn’t into the wedding at all and now all of a sudden she’s going completely overboard.

“And then the favors I was thinking this silver jewelry box for the women and this silver wine opener for the guys. And we can engrave them with our names and stuff too.”

A silver jewelry box for the girls, with a pearl, that’s the picture there’s a fucking pearl on every damn box. She is out of her mind. Her father is paying for everything but I’d feel like an asshole if I didn’t at least offer to pay for something, especially since she has such expensive taste. I nodded my head, “How are you feeling?”

“Like there is a fish swimming in my stomach.”

I laughed and ran my hand through my hair, “Are you hungry?”

“I guess,” she nodded her head, “You’re staying over right?”

I nodded my head, “Want to get a movie or something?”

“Yeah,” she answered while still thumbing though the binder, “Don’t forget you have to get Trace something for being your best man.”

I nodded my head, “I already got it.”

“And you got the rings?”

“The rings and the band and the honeymoon.”

She nodded her head again, “What about your tux?”

“You’re going with my mom for the dress Monday right?” she nodded her head, “We’re going Tuesday.”

“What about Trace’s tux?”

“It’s covered. I’m getting a migraine talking about this can we just let it go for now?”






I swear with Justin it’s like we take a step forward and then two steps back. He’s very cranky today. We watched a movie from different couches. Maybe if we fuck he’ll be in a better mood. I moved over so I was sitting with him but he just continued watching the movie. I sat down on his lap straddling his waist and kissed his neck, “Wait until after the movie, I want to see what happens,” he pushed me away.

He is out of his fucking mind. I kneeled on the ground in front of him and unzipped his pants. He had no complaints about that and ran his hands through my hair moving my head to the rhythm he liked. He softly called my name in a raspy voice before coming in my mouth. I pulled away from him and smiled before crawling on top of him again.

“Fuck me Justin.”

“I have a migraine.”

“Are you serious? Fucking helps migraines.”

“How does someone screaming in your ear help a migraine?”

“It does, it’s a fact.”

“It’s not a fact.” Why is he fighting me over sex? “I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

“Come on baby, I’m so wet. I need your big cock in my pussy.” Maybe the dirty talk will get him going.

“Seriously Ray.”

“I’ll be quiet, I won’t yell.”

Justin looked at me for a minute before making up his mind, “You’re so fucking hot.”

“Then fuck me.”

“You know, we don’t have to fuck every night.”

“What?” he’s crazy, we do have to fuck every night, multiple times. Why is he all of a sudden not interested in fucking me?

He even laughed a little, “Some nights we can just sit around and be lazy.”

“All you have to do is lay there, I’ll do everything.”

Justin laughed again and pulled me close to him, “I’m tired and I have a migraine. I had a busy day, I have a lot of shit to deal with.”

“I’ll make you feel better,” now I’m whining. I just don’t understand why he does not want to fuck me right now. I’ve never been turned down and this is the guy I’m supposed to marry? “I’m not even fat yet.”

He laughed again throwing his head back, “You’re gorgeous. You’re the fucking sexiest girl I’ve ever seen, never mind the sexiest girl I’ve ever been with. It has nothing to do with that, I’m just tired Ray.”

“And I’m horny as fuck and you’re supposed to take care of me.”

Now he’s smiling. I don’t understand him. He pulled me close again and kissed my forehead, “Relax.”

I took a deep breath and pulled away from him, “So in other words I’m on my own.” I stood up and walked upstairs, “Thanks.”




The next morning I heard a voice being cleared and woke up to see Ray standing over me. We’re not even married yet and I’m already sleeping on the couch. That’s not a good sign. “The lady called you and she’s coming in fifteen minutes.”

“What lady?”

“The realtor.”

Now Ray’s picking up my phone too? “You picked up my phone?”

“She called me after she called you, relax. Get ready.” I watched her walk away in her sexy dress and stood up before pulling the jeans I had on yesterday over my boxers and a t-shirt. I don’t think she ever wears a pair of jeans to go out.

I followed her into the kitchen and she poured herself a cup of coffee,

“How are you feeling?”

“Fine. She said there’s like eight houses.” It’s going to be a fun day.

A few minutes later the lady came to the door and took us with her to see the houses. We told her what we wanted, or more what Ray wanted, and she said she had these eight houses that we just needed to see. We pulled into the driveway of the first house and it looked a little dumpy. It is right on the water but it needs to be fixed up.

“No,” Ray said before we even got out of the car.

“It needs a new paint job but the inside is beautiful. It walks right out to the water.”

“It’s ugly. I don’t like the architecture or anything.”

“Well why don’t we just take a quick look inside.”

Ray shook her head, “I’m telling you I’m not going to like it. Justin.”

“Yeah, let’s just move on to the next one.” I’m whipped already.

The next one at least we were able to get out of the car. Probably because it’s a fucking city. After the tour Ray spoke up, “I really like this one J.”

“Ray there’s a barn.”

“OK?”

“What do we need a barn for? There are horse stables we don’t have a horse.”

“We can get a horse.”

I laughed and grabbed onto her hand, “Let’s keep looking.”

The next house I was impressed with. Ray was quiet when we pulled into the driveway; I think she’s impressed as well.

“This is the master bed,” the realtor said as she took us in the huge room, complete with fireplace and small living area.

“It’s beautiful,” Ray said as she walked over to the huge window with a view right to the water.

“It is. There’s storage under the bench here, and the closet of course. It’s walk in,” she said as we walked into the closet, which is really a room in itself. It’s bigger than my room, “And then we have the master bath.”

The bathroom is unbelievable. There is a huge glass shower in the middle of the room. The shower is made for two; it even has two showerheads and a bench, perfect for getting head. Ray’s mouth literally dropped when she saw it.

“Can we talk privately for a minute? Do you mind?”

“Oh no, not at all,” the realtor smiled, “I’ll be down the hall.”

“Thank you,” Ray answered with a smile and waited for her to leave, “We need this house.”

I laughed, “It’s pretty nice.”

“This bathroom is like out of control. The huge tub is like perfect with the view of the ocean. And the shower, oh my god. It’s like made for fucking.”

I laughed but she kept going, “Seriously, there’s like mirrors everywhere, and it’s so big. And the bedroom,” she walked back into the room,
“Unbelievable. And the window seat, I could ride you and look out at the sun setting on the ocean.”

She is a trip, everything goes back to sex, “I like it.”

“I love it, I want it. Like I want it now. I want her to leave so you can fuck me in the shower. I’m getting hot,” she laughed.

“Alright, play it cool we’ll make an offer.”

“Look, there’s a hot tub outside too, with the pool and a bar. I need this house Justin.”

I walked to the other room and found the realtor, “What are they asking for it?”

“25.” 25 million dollars. Holy shit. “You need to remember that it is waterfront and that’s hard to get now. Most people aren’t selling. Plus it’s right on the beach, that’s also hard, 75% of the houses in Malibu are on cliffs or hills by the water and you can’t go swimming. And it’s a gated community which is very rare for beach front property.”

25 million dollars. That’s three times more than I spent on my house.

Three times and then some. 25 million fucking dollars.

“Is there a chance we could get it for less?” Ray asked. I guess she sees me struggling to breath here, 25 million dollars.

“Um, possibly 24.5. No less I’m sure. It was just put on the market and they’re in no rush to sell. It will sell for that much, it’s a beautiful house, and everything is brand new. There is vacant land a few lots down that are going for 20, just the land. It’s really a good deal.”

“Well we’re interested,” Ray answered, “So can you like… work your magic.”

She laughed, “Definitely. Do you want to make an offer?”

“Let’s go with 23.5 and work with it.” Ray answered.

I nodded my head, I would love to be able to talk but I’m still shocked by the price. 25 million.

“Should we go to the next house?”

“No, we want this one. Thank you.”

“Are you sure?” she asked, “There may be something you like more.”

“Justin.” Ray called my name.

“Nah, we’re good.” I answered, “Thank you.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story