I packed up my car and headed towards LA. It’s going to be a busy day today. I’m going shopping with Izzy and Justin’s mother for a wedding dress. And then later Daddy’s movie is premiering. I’ve been to every single one of his premiers since I was like twelve. Don’t get me wrong, I love his movies and I love going, I just wish we could skip the red carpet.

“You have so much stuff,” I laughed as Izzy came to my BMW with arms full of bags.

“I know, but I just want to make sure I have enough,” she laughed as she put it all in the backseat, “Are you sure he doesn’t mind that I’m staying over tonight? I feel like I’m going to totally be in the way.”

“He has like six guest rooms. You’re not going to be in the way. The house we got though, it is so amazing, and I can’t wait for you to see it.”

“I can’t wait to see it, did you get it? Do you know yet?”

I shook my head, “She said by Thursday.”

When we got to Justin’s house there were a few extra cars in the driveway. He has like eight cars himself but they’re usually in the garage, I don’t think they’re all his cars. I knocked on the door and he opened it a few seconds later. There is like a crowd of people inside. “Hey,” he pulled me into a hug and kissed me gently, “What’s up? Hey Izzy,” he said as he hugged her quickly and grabbed the dresses from our hands.

“Hey Justin, how are you?”

“Good, I’m good. We’re good,” he smiled, “Come on in.”

“Are you having a party?”

“Yeah, something like that,” he laughed as he hung up our dresses by the door and grabbed onto my hand guiding me into the theater room where everyone was watching basketball.

When we walked in the five guys in the room clapped, “Rainbow Dontayo!” one of them said as they continued clapping.

His friends are crazy. “Izzy Anderson!” another one screamed.

I looked at Justin and he was laughing but he looked a little red.

“Thank you, thank you.” I looked over to Izzy and laughed.

“Alright.” Justin grabbed onto my hand again and led me back outside.

“Nice meeting you guys” I waved on the way out, “You’re friends are…”

“Idiots? Yeah” he laughed, “My mom’s in the kitchen.”

When we walked in the kitchen she saw us and pulled me into a hug. It still surprises me that she doesn’t hate me. It seems to be the complete opposite with her actually. I know Justin and his mother are really close and if she hated me this whole thing would be quite disastrous. “How are you doin’ sweetie?”

“Good, I’m good thank you. This is Izzy.”

“The maid of honor, of course. It’s nice to meet you sweetheart.”

“You too, you’re adorable.” Izzy said as she hugged her, “How sweet you’re cooking for Justin.”

“It’s just warming up some things. Are you girls ready?”

We got into my Mercedes S Class convertible with the top down which was quite the mistake. As soon as we got close to Hollywood there were a group of paparazzi following us, “Here we go.” Once we parked the car and walked to the boutique down the street I really thought we were going to get attacked.

“They are out of control,” Justin’s mother spoke up when we were inside. Justin always has people following him so she must be used to it. Izzy has people following her sometimes, depending where she goes. But they don’t really care about me. I hope they’re only caring about me because Izzy is here, not because they’re going to be everywhere with this wedding. I’m sure it’s the latter.

“Good afternoon ladies, how can I help you?”

“I’m looking for a wedding dress and I want it… not Cinderella, kind of like form fitting. Strapless.”

I didn’t think I would enjoy looking for a wedding dress but honestly there were so many beautiful dresses I couldn’t decide. I was surprisingly having fun trying them all on with Izzy and Justin’s mother. When I tried on the last dress I knew it was the one before I even came out. When Justin’s mother saw me she cried.






It was four o’clock and they still weren’t back. I personally don’t really care where they are but there are three men sitting on my couch waiting to do makeup and hair. All my buddies have gone and now I’m left here all alone trying to entertain these three not so manly men until the girls get back. “Do you guys want something to drink?”

They just shook their heads, not very talkative. That’s very odd because these hair stylists and makeup artists usually never shut up. I pushed the remote over the coffee table and stood up before grabbing my cell phone. Neither my mother nor Ray answered. Wonderful. I grabbed myself a beer and went back into the room.

“So do you guys uh… work with Ray a lot?” all three of them looked at me like I had three heads, “Rayne…bow?”

The tallest of the three nodded his head; “I’ve been doing her hair since she was twelve.”

“Cool,” I nodded my head, “So you’re going to do the wedding too I assume?”

He nodded his head. Dear God these girls need to get back.

As if on cue the door opened and they walked in. Thank you god. I jumped up and practically ran to them, “These guys have been here for twenty minutes waiting.”

“Sorry my fault, I suggested getting our nails done.” Izzy smiled.

“No sweetie, I suggested the massages,” my mother laughed. We have trouble.

“We’re here now though.” Ray smiled as she walked past me to hug the guys who by now were talking like it was nothing. I don’t know what it is about me that made it impossible to talk to me, “I’m going to bring my stuff upstairs, you guys can get set up and start on them if you want.”

I don’t think my mother knew that they were here for her too, but I will tell you she had no complaints. I followed Ray upstairs, “Did you find a dress?”

“I did,” she smiled, “It’s hot.”

I nodded my head and she laughed, “Where did you go?”

“We got a mani and a pedi and a massage. I had fun, you’re mom’s cool.”

“I’m glad.”

Ray nodded her head and wrapped her arms around me, “Didn’t you have a good day?”

“I did, I was just bored and I had to entertain those guys.”

“You could have danced for them, they would have liked that,” she giggled resting her fingers in my belt loop, “I’ll make you feel better.”

“Oh yeah?”

She nodded her head and smiled up at me, “Way better.” Ray grabbed my hand and led me to the bathroom, “Come shower with me.”

There is no possible way for me to say no to that.







“Can you just do my necklace?” I asked Justin after I changed into my dress and had all my hair and makeup done.

Justin put the necklace on me and kissed the back of my neck, “You look hot.”

“You should probably stop calling me hot. I mean we’re going to get married, you should say beautiful, it’s more realistic.”

He laughed, “You’re fucking hot, sexy as hell. And beautiful.”

“Thanks for adding that in,” I laughed.

“Of course,” he grabbed onto my hand and led me downstairs where everyone else was ready to go.

“So is this movie supposed to be good?” Justin asked as we drove to the premier.

I laughed but Justin’s mother did not think it was funny, “Justin Randall.”

“Every movie that he does is amazing,” I answered.

“Of course,” Justin answered with a smile.

“You act like you don’t know that. Like you wouldn’t give your left…” I paused remembering Justin’s mother is sitting across from me so I probably shouldn’t say he would give his left nut to be in one of my father’s movies. “… to be in one of his movies.”

Justin laughed, “my left what Ray?”

“Hand Justin, you’re left hand.”

“Oh really? Is that what you were going to say?” he has that cocky smile on his face that I want to rip right off sometimes.

I nodded my head looking right at him so he’ll get the idea to move on. I am not going to tell him exactly what I meant in front of his mother. I am not that bad. “Can we turn on the TV and see how many people are there on the red carpet?”

Izzy reached over and grabbed the remote before turning on the television just in time to see the sky view of the red carpet. There are many people there.

“And we’re here with the one and only director extraordinaire John Dontayo, how are you doing?”

“Wonderful, thank you.” He never does interviews; he usually never even does the red carpet.

“We’re all excited to see the movie, as you can see you have quite the turnout. What are your thoughts on your daughter’s recent engagement to Justin Timberlake?”

“You know, Justin is a great guy and I’ve never seen my daughter happier than she is when she is with him. If she is happy, I’m happy,” he smiled. That was cute.

“It happened rather quickly?”

“You can’t put a time frame on those things. It just happens, and we’re all happy it did.” And with that he walked away.

We all sat in silence waiting to get out of the limo. I’m a little surprised my father did an interview in the first place plus the fact that he actually talked about us. In the few times he’s done an interview he’ll walk right away if they even ask anything about his family or private life in general. “That was nice,” Justin’s mother spoke up. I nodded my head and looked over at Justin who was nodding his head as well. I know the only reason why he said that is because he wants to make the whole thing more realistic. I know he’s still extremely pissed off and wishes I wasn’t such an idiot that he always has to save.

When it was finally time to get out of the limo everyone went absolutely crazy. I don’t think everyone thought that Justin would come. I mean, in the past I’ve never come to Daddy’s premiers with a date, and I would find it very unlikely Justin ever did a red carpet with a date. I do know he never did one with Jen.

Justin got out first and helped his mother out and then Izzy before helping me out. I’ve never felt like all eyes were on me in my life. I don’t really like the feeling. “Smile,” Justin laughed as he grabbed onto my hand.

I smiled and followed him down the red carpet, stopping in front of the cameras so they could take a million pictures. We stood very close to each other and I placed my left hand on his chest so everyone could see the ring. At least Justin is fun he made me laugh the whole time so we look like we are truly in love.

“Kiss, kiss!” the shouted as we stood up there, trying to keep our composure. This has to be the one place in the world that people scream at you to kiss. Justin looked down at me and kissed me gently before waving at the cameras as we walked away.

“Rainbow, Justin, over here” and now the entertainment shows begin. “How are you two doing?”

“Fantastic, how are you?” Justin asked. I think I’ll just let him do all the talking. He’s had training on how to deal with them and he’s been doing in much more than I have.

“Congratulations, first of all.”

“Thank you.” I smiled as Justin put his arm around me. I guess we should be like overly cheesy to make it more believable.

“When’s the big day?”

“We’re just here to support my father so…”

“We’re excited to see the movie,” Justin added with a smile.

“Well you two are adorable. It’s very obvious that you two are in love, you radiate down the red carpet.”

I laughed, “Thank you.”

“We’re happy,” Justin answered.

“Very happy,” I smiled looking up at him. I figure I might as well turn up the corny.

“Thank you, we’ll see you guys later.” Justin said as he grabbed my hand and we walked down the red carpet. We did stop for a few other cameras but managed to get away unharmed. He’s good at answering questions without giving away too much and he can easily laugh and change the subject without letting the people interviewing pry.






I really hate having to deal with the press. They have no problem getting all up in my business. I can’t wait to take some time off and not have to deal with them. We made it down the carpet and went inside where we had to go find her father. I don’t know what is worse, her father or the press. I think I might have to go with her father. I mean her father hates me, the press does not. Although he doesn’t really want people to know he hates me so the fact that the press is there might work to my advantage.

“Hi Daddy,” Ray smiled as she hugged her father.

“Hi sweetheart, how are you? How are you doing Justin?” he asked with a smile and pulled me in for a hug as well.

“Good, thank you sir.”

“You found a house?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Ray nodded her head, “It’s beautiful.”

“In Malibu?”

“Yes sir.” I answered.

He nodded his head, “I don’t know why you won’t move closer Rainbow. I’ll see you after the show.”

I looked over at Ray and she was standing there, showing no emotion. “Are you alright?”

She nodded her head, “Yeah.”

I nodded my head and grabbed onto her hand and found the seats. I don’t know if I’ll ever understand the relationship she has with her father.

We watched the movie; it was obviously amazing then went to the after party. Everything was going great, fantastic even. We sat around, danced, talked, Ray introduced me to a lot of her father’s friends. Her father’s friends happen to be huge directors and producers and actors. I felt like a star struck teenager, but then, out of nowhere, Jen walked in.

She walked by us at first; just giving us the death glare and I really thought we were in the clear. Then she stopped, turned around and stood right in front of us. My mother was sitting there with us. I did think maybe she wouldn’t say anything in front of my mother but that clearly didn’t happen.

“Hey Jen,” I spoke up since it didn’t look like she was planning on saying anything.

“Hi Justin. Rainbow.”

“Jennifer,” Ray answered, returning the death glare.

“Aren’t you two just the cutest couple? So cute,” she wasn’t done, “I don’t know what you see in her Justin. You like whores now? All of a sudden you start falling for sluts?”

And here we go, “Jen, don’t start shit.”

“Are you really calling me a whore? Really Jen?”

“You’re not? You’re only with him because of me.”

“Jen my life does not revolve around you, I hate to break it to you sweetheart.”

“Right, and you’re just so madly in love? And I’m supposed to believe that? You’re the one that never wants to get married and you want live your life being a little slut and sleeping with hundreds of guys and never get tied down.”

Ray just smiled. I was expecting some sort of an attack but that luckily didn’t happen. “You know Jen, sometimes you just know. You meet that person that changes everything.”

She is so full of shit that I want to laugh, but the look on Jen’s face made me hold it in. Jen is pissed; I know that look all too well. The good news is I don’t have to deal with it anymore. Jen stormed off without saying anything else.

“I’m sorry,” Ray looked over at my mother, “That was really awkward.”

“Oh, it’s ok sweetie. I never liked her,” my mother said as she put her hand on Ray’s lap. I didn’t think she would like Ray but she really seems to. That’s always good.

“Don’t worry about it, sorry” I put my arm around Ray and kissed her gently. I admit I did that to get to Jen, well not only for that but also for everyone else that was watching our table at that moment. I feel like there is a spotlight on us at this moment.






I am like embarrassed that Jen was such a bitch in front of Justin’s mother. If she weren’t there I probably would have slapped the bitch so it’s a good think she was there. As if the night couldn’t get any worse I looked up to see who else but Gabe standing in front of the table. Gabe as in the guy I used to hook up with.

“Hi Gabe,” I said softly, “This is um… Justin and Justin’s mother, Lynn.”

“What’s up man?” Gabe asked, “Can we talk for a minute?”

I nodded my head and Justin moved so I could get out of the booth. I didn’t really want him to move, in fact I would have much rather him say no and not let me go talk to him. We never really dated but we hooked up regularly and I never really ended it. I just stopped calling and returning his calls after the whole getting pregnant and forced into marriage thing.

I followed Gabe into a room where we were all alone.

“An invitation? Are you fucking serious?” at least he managed not to scream in front of people and waiting until we were along, “You’re getting married, first of all, which is fucked up in itself, to fucking Justin Timberlake who, is a complete douche bag.”

“He’s actually kind of cool.”

“Kind of cool? You’re getting fucking married to him.”

“OK, he’s amazing. Awesome.”

“Bullshit. Why are you getting married?”

“Um… because I’m in love?”

“Suddenly you’re in love? After spending your whole life saying you’ll never get married, never fall in love, and then you’re with this kid for a week and you’re engaged?”

“It just happens some times I guess. When you know, you know.”

He laughed at that, it did sound kind of corny. Especially coming from me, it’s not very realistic.

“You don’t have to come. Daddy invited you, it wasn’t my idea so don’t feel like you have to come.”

“Oh no, I’m coming, with guest. I’m thinking Jen.”

“That’s not funny.”

“I’m not trying to be funny. All I’m saying is we hooked up what? Two months ago? And now you’re getting married in a week to this fucking kid you never met before? It’s a little fucked up Rayne, come on.”

He is totally going to ruin this whole thing. “Gabe, I’m sorry, it just happened. It’s not like we were dating or…”

“Yeah, we weren’t dating. I’ll see you next week.”

“Please don’t take Jen Gabe,” I am suddenly feeling very sick.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story