Standing in the front of the hall, having every single person go through a line to congratulate us seems like a little overkill. I feel like I’ve been standing up here for hours, thank god we don’t have too many people. But Justin feels the need to tell me a story about every single person he invited.

“This is my Granny and Gramps. This is Ray.”

“It’s so nice to meet you darling,” his grandmother said. She has to be his mother’s mother because they’re like the same person, “You’re so beautiful.”

“Thank you, thanks for coming.”

“We couldn’t be happier for you.”

“That’s sweet, thank you.”

“Keep it moving Granny, we’ll come see you in a minute,” Justin said with a laugh.

Now it’s my turn, “This is my godfather, Al Pacino. Thank you so much for coming.”

“Of course Rayne, you look beautiful.”

“Thank you, this is Justin.”

“Of course, nice to meet you.”

We got to sit down finally; thank god because I am so hungry and there’s like a million things we have to do before we get to actually eat. “Al Pacino is your godfather?” Justin asked. I nodded my head and he laughed, “That’s amazing.”

“Why is that amazing?”

“Al Pacino was in The Godfather and he’s your godfather.”

He’s way too excited about that, “I guess it could be kind of ironic. I’m so hungry.”

“When we were little Trace and me used to go around to everyone and go, I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.” He mimicked.

“That’s really cool, do you think we’re going to be eating soon?”

Trace came running up before he could answer me, “Dude, I just saw Al Pacino. I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.” Oh my gosh. Used to say it all the time? They’re still twelve.

“Do you know how many times he hears that? Please leave him alone.”

They both gave me a confused look. I’m sure they think I need to calm down. But I feel like shit and everyone is here talking and I need to eat something. I just want to go on my honeymoon and go swimming and have lots of sex and get away from all this stupid stress. Justin is much hotter when he’s not talking. And honestly, he has not shut up all day. I wouldn’t have a problem if he weren’t talking about such stupid things.

“Holy shit, Robert DeNiro just walked in,” Trace said. Oh here we go, I swear to god if they start.

“You talking to me?” Justin mimicked.

I took a deep breath and walked away. Who would ever think he would get so star struck? I need some food. I walked over to the door of the kitchen and was almost inside when Justin’s grandmother stopped me. She does not shut up, I hate to be rude but I seriously feel like I’m going to fall over if I don’t get food quickly. And all she is talking about is food, like how she makes this food that Justin loves and she’s going to teach me how to make it. And I’m clearly not from the south and have never had southern food because there’s not an ounce of fat on me. She’s telling me about how Justin is too skinny and when he came out here he started eating food that he wasn’t brought up on and one time she went out to eat with him and he ordered a salad with grilled chicken. Oh the madness! I don’t know why she thinks I’m going to cook for him. I don’t cook. I could get a cook. Oh my god, she needs to stop talking or I’m going to just run away.

I made eye contact with Justin from across the room and he jogged over to me, “Hey Granny.”

“Oh Justin, darling, we were just talking about you. I was telling your wife all about my greens and pulled pork and how much you love it.”

“Oh yeah Granny, I do love it,” Justin smiled and grabbed onto my arm, “I have to steal her for a minute though, we’ll talk later.”

“Oh my god.”






“Sorry, I didn’t see you over here,” I said as I pulled Ray away with me. She doesn’t need to be a bitch about it, I know my Granny has the tendency of talking and not shutting up but she is my Granny, she means no harm.

“I feel like I’m going to faint, why is it so hard to get fucking food here? And she’s talking about food the whole time.”

I looked up at her and for the first time I noticed she was looking pretty white. “Are you alright?”

“No, I need food, don’t you listen?” I walked faster and brought her into the bridal suite, “There is no food here Justin,”

“I know, relax. Lay down, the doctor said to lay down if you feel lightheaded.”

“I need food!”

“I get it!” I yelled back, I probably shouldn’t have yelled back at her, but she’s pissing me off. “Would you just lay down? Please Ray.”

She sat on the couch and slowly slid so she was lying, not that hard. “Get me food.”

“Do not get up, I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“Oh my god shut up and get me food.”

I hope this isn’t the hormones starting already. Fuck that, I hope it is the hormones. It better not just be her true personality coming out now that we’re officially married. I walked out a different door that lead out to the hallway so something or someone wouldn’t distract me. I still can’t believe fucking Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are at my wedding. I found the kitchen and no one seemed to even notice I was there. They’re all so busy getting everything ready; I could easily grab a plate and run. I looked around to make sure no one was looking and I grabbed a plate before running out of the room. I opened the door to see Ray still laying on the couch, very surprising because I thought she’d be up looking for her own food by now.

“Oh, thank you,” she sat up and grabbed the plate from my hand. I sat down next to her and grabbed a green bean. “I was like, ready to pass out.”

“You could have gone in the kitchen and got some food.”

“I was trying to, but everyone and their grandmother came up to talk to me.”

I laughed and grabbed a piece of the chicken, “You should have told me, I would have gotten it for you.”

“You were too busy stalking my father’s friends.”

“Al Pacino is your godfather Ray, that’s a big deal.”

She smirked and shook her head but didn’t say anything.

I laughed and grabbed another piece of chicken.

“Besides, your best friend is one of the original Oompa Loompa’s and you don’t see me freaking out.”

“Ah ha,” I laughed and pointed at her, she’s good.

Ray took a deep breath and placed the plate on the table before resting her head on my shoulder, “I’m so tired, I just wish this whole thing could be over.”

I put my arm around her, “I wish it was over too.”

“We should just leave. They can’t really party without us. Then we can just go back to the hotel and sleep. Well, it is our wedding night so we should probably have sex. But if we leave now we can take a nap then have sex until the plane takes off in the morning.” Ray paused for a second before continuing, “Do you realize we’ve been married for like four hours and we haven’t even fucked yet. That’s sad.”

“We finger fucked.”

She laughed, “Yeah, kind of. I guess that counts for something.”

“I’d say it counts for a lot.”

I could feel her nodding her head against me, “I guess we should go out there and like… say hi to everyone else.”

“Yeah,” I don’t feel like moving, “We can wait though.”

“Sure.” I closed my eyes. I know we should go out there but a short nap couldn’t hurt. “Are you sleeping?” I heard her voice a few minutes later.

“Yeah,” I wish I were sleeping.

Ray giggled and I felt her head move off my shoulder, “We need to get up. Come on,” she stood up and grabbed onto my hand.

“Come this way,” I lead her out the back so we didn’t go out in front of everyone. I know people will start talking.

“Do you think Jen is going to come?”

“Nah,” I grabbed onto her hand, “She would not be let it Ray. There’s security all over the place and they know not to let her in. Don’t worry about her, she’s done.”

“I’m not above kicking her ass in a wedding dress.”

“I know you’re not,” I answered with a laugh.

We made it back out and no one seemed to notice we were even gone. We probably could leave and no one would know until its time to cut the cake. It’s not that it’s a bad party, hell that would make me look bad, it is my wedding. It’s a good party; everyone I know and love is here. I’m just so fucking tired and stressed. I would really like to get wasted but it’s probably not a good idea to get drunk in front of her family. Plus I feel guilty drinking in front of her when she can’t and I know how bad she wants to.

I need to find Izzy. I don’t know where that girl is. She’s over at the bar, of course, “What’s up Izzy?”

“Hey Justin, where’s your drink?”

“Right here,” I looked back to see Ray wasn’t anywhere in sight and grabbed a beer, “I don’t like drinking in front of her.”

“Aww, that’s sweet.”

“I’m a sweet guy, what can I say?” I took a sip and sat down next to her, “So tell me something I need to know about her before I…”

“Marry her? Get her pregnant?” she laughed, “A little late no?”

“We’re doing it all backwards,” I laughed, “So whatcha got?”

“Um… she believes in revenge, like for sure. So if you fuck with her she will get revenge. So watch it.”

I nodded my head, “Good to know.”

“Yeah, and don’t use her for her father. She will kill you.”

Once again, good to know. Although I could never do that. I know at first that was my plan, but I know I couldn’t as much as I wish I could. Damn morals.






While everyone else ate we walked around and talked to everyone. It’s a good thing Justin stole the food when he did because we would not have gotten to eat at all. Now Justin disappeared somewhere and I’m just walking around aimlessly while everyone else is eating.

“You look lost,” I heard Trace’s voice behind me.

“I am Oompa.”

“Oompa?”

“Yeah,” I nodded my head and smiled, putting my arm in his, “Can we talk?”

“Sure Rainbow, let’s talk.”

“Thanks Oompa,” I laughed, if he wants to be cute with his bullshit go for it, I can be cute too.

“What’s up?”

“So what’s something I need to know about your boy?”

Trace laughed as we walked into the hallway, “He’s never quiet unless something is wrong. He won’t tell you what’s wrong it’s like a fucking guessing game, but you know something’s wrong. He’s like a fucking chick with it, he expects you to know.”

“Great, I see lots of quiet days in our future.”

“If that’s your biggest problem, I’d say life is pretty good. He’s a good kid; I’m not just saying that because I’ve known him since I was in diapers. He’s got good values, good morals, and a good family. His mom is on his ass if he does anything wrong and he has this weird need to make her happy, even though he’s not twelve.”

“That’s good though,”

“Yeah, it’s good.” He smiled, “You’ll be fine Rainbow Sunshine. Ha, that rhymes.”

I rolled my eyes, “Thanks Oompa, you’re a good friend. Can you do me a favor?”

“Anything Rainbow Sunshine.”

“Stay away from Daddy’s friends. Leave my godfather alone.”

He smiled as we walked back into the hall, “I just want him to say it once.”

“He’s not going to, get over it.”

Incomplete
Lily is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 19 members. Members who liked Infatuation also liked 753 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story